Bitcoin Forum
June 05, 2024, 01:13:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 [163] 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 ... 249 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ◈◈Bitcredit ◈◈ Migrating to UniQredit◈◈  (Read 284487 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
doesntmatter

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 10:46:23 PM

Exactly !

So, from 53 BN's active, at most 53- 28 + 1 = 26 are mining.
So if you impose a limit that one BN can mine only one time @ 53/2 = aprox. 26 blocks, that is at limit. What if from the rest of 26 active BN's, there are another 3-4 BN's that are not mining? We STOP !
Same scenario could be theoretical possible if you limit @5 ... or other numbers.

BN mining could be made compulsory? If the limit was 1 in n blocks, you'd only need n BNs to get the chain moving again after an update - no big deal.

eg. 'banknode start' would automatically call 'setgenerate true 1'

I would have no problem with this.

I suppose there would need to be some sort of check by the network to verify that a BN was actually mining, to prevent modified clients NOP'ing the setgenerate call?

I can see no immediate/easy way to verify that a node is mining within the instant, but we can use a more advanced piece of lookback as part of the proof of service module.

We agree that once a BN is active it has at least one core dedicated to mining....tso we say that the longest a node should go without producing a blocky should be two cycles....which in BCR has been determined to be  900 blocks * 2.

So we then create a proof of service policy that looks back 1800 blocks and compares the lists, if a BN that has been active >1800 blocks but has not mined a block exists, then it gets marked as invalid and stops receiving payments, shortly there after it is dropped from the list.

If it will be made compulsory, in case of using cold wallet VPS, how will be treated BN local wallet, from which actual VPS BN wallet was started ?

If I will ocassionally mine on those local BN wallets just to mine some block at proper time, will it be ok or I'm just giving you some loophole ?

I'm trying to be honest, but changing this rules to compulsory makes a lot of difference for me, and what about idea of making Bigger Banknodes, this could resolve some problems if it would be 250k BCR for BBN, and I would not be the only one happy from it. Even if it happen then it would increase costs of running it 5-10 times, don't wanna even think about mining on all BNs permanently, it would increase costs 25-50 times !

Or anyone can suggests some reliable and reasonably cheap VPS services with 30 cores (1-2 for server and pure BN working, rest for BN mining) , 30GB Ram, 40GB SSD/HDD) , checked already on win and linux in both my case BN uses 1GB of Ram not 750MB like in your case, and you can't use all cores for BN mining permanently and to work it stable, you said that we are early adopters but there's a few of us and will be a lot more soon.

I know that hack is ready with his rigs, sorry I'm not ....   Wink

here is a link to the server i use and it is for sale!!!
http://cosprings.craigslist.org/sys/5233238829.html

buy it and end my mining!!! lol

doesntmatter

P.S.: did the wallet code ever get changed to mine different nonce for different threads...? last time i looked it still hashed the same number on all threads...
bitcreditscc (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 01:11:27 AM

ok well im syncing fresh i look forward to participating in the bids and mining on my 1 banknode. to start banknode mining "setgenerate true 1"?

Hi, for now mining with a banknode has some loopholes in the code were published and we are about to test some new rules to resolve this issue. But indeed yes, that would be how you do it on the actual banknode.

For user flexibility I am adding an extra feature :- the ability to mine using any wallet, so long as you own an active BN. i'll explain when i publish the code in a few hours.

Welcome back  Smiley

Thanx for that option, I'm olnly dreaming that this will be more secure than running a bunch of hot wallets on different machines, but when it come that BN mining will be obligatory - please announce it clearly to avoid misunderstadning.

Seems that 32bit win wallet works ok on my "bcr-problematic" 64bit win 7 system when in the same time latest 64bit wallet doesn't work, strange but finally got some options.

EDIT:

It was premature happiness, it gives error at closing

"Runaway exception"
Bitcredit can no longer continue safely and will quit  
EXCEPTION:St13runtime_error
CDB : Error -30974, can't open database
C:\...........\bitcredit-qt.exe in Runaway exception

The visual c++ error, after restart similiar errors.

eeee nevermind get back to the begining

bah i got mine synced to 207899 and it hung, so i restarted and got the same St13runtime_error so i deleted and moved some stuff in %appdata%, still no love. ended up deleted everything (except my fresh backups) so again it started fine and synced to the same block. suggestions?

Post a list of the nodes you are connecting to

cisahasa
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 01:16:33 AM
Last edit: September 24, 2015, 01:39:17 AM by cisahasa

i once leaved you alone, but look at my posts you will find the fix(s).

renegadepcsolutions

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Yeah... I mined your mom last night.

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 02:57:35 AM

i once leaved you alone, but look at my posts you will find the fix(s).

Seriously... go away. Nobody likes you.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.  -John F. Kennedy
doesntmatter

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 05:46:49 AM

so where and how is this adding to the value of bcr? i see from the addresses none has been spent? they will be used to buy bcr? right? off the market? isn't that how you are supposedly adding value?   please somebody bring me up to date? i work too much right now and don't have time to read the novel that this forum has become...
and please where are those links to how to setup a banknode, or whatever you are calling the cheap ones?
and hey? what happens to the bcr the other coins buy?

and who has control of all of this? what happened to a "trustless system"?

doesntmatter
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 08:56:56 AM

so where and how is this adding to the value of bcr? i see from the addresses none has been spent? they will be used to buy bcr? right? off the market? isn't that how you are supposedly adding value?   please somebody bring me up to date? i work too much right now and don't have time to read the novel that this forum has become...
Freshly minted BCR is available to anyone to bid for. In time there will be fiat bidding too. Substitute whatever word for 'bid' you like. The proceeds of those sales will be moved out of the bidding addresses that appear in-wallet daily into secure multisig storage. There are 5 of us with keys, 3 are needed to access the funds. It is my hope that the BTC/LTC/DASH we generate from BCR sales will be converted into PMs and securely vaulted in multiple locations (with a formal security structure yet to be decided) since it makes no sense to 'back' BCR with 'assets' (BTC/LTC/DASH) that are themselves unbacked, although it might make sense to keep maybe 10% as crypotofiat. Again, details to be confirmed.

BCR thus acquires real and tangible backing, and an ever growing assured minimum value, a step back towards sound money - a concept abandoned by for example your dear and fluffy US back in 1913 with the creation of the Federal Reserve, final nail in the coffin in 1971 when Nixon dropped the gold standard completely, which has resulted in you needing $1000 today to buy what $40 would have bought you a hundred years ago.

Succinct enough?

and please where are those links to how to setup a banknode, or whatever you are calling the cheap ones?

doesntmatter

There's a link to the wiki in-wallet, click the About Bitcredit icon along the bottom. Or go read any CRAVE or DASH guide.

We're not buying BCR with the other coins, see above.

bitcreditscc is in control of all this, with input welcomed from whoever wishes to provide any. 'Trustless' is easy to do when all you've got is a fistful of air. It's impossible when you're trying to establish meaningful real world systems.
bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 10:08:26 AM

so where and how is this adding to the value of bcr? i see from the addresses none has been spent? they will be used to buy bcr? right? off the market? isn't that how you are supposedly adding value?   please somebody bring me up to date? i work too much right now and don't have time to read the novel that this forum has become...
Freshly minted BCR is available to anyone to bid for. In time there will be fiat bidding too. Substitute whatever word for 'bid' you like. The proceeds of those sales will be moved out of the bidding addresses that appear in-wallet daily into secure multisig storage. There are 5 of us with keys, 3 are needed to access the funds. It is my hope that the BTC/LTC/DASH we generate from BCR sales will be converted into PMs and securely vaulted in multiple locations (with a formal security structure yet to be decided) since it makes no sense to 'back' BCR with 'assets' (BTC/LTC/DASH) that are themselves unbacked, although it might make sense to keep maybe 10% as crypotofiat. Again, details to be confirmed.

BCR thus acquires real and tangible backing, and an ever growing assured minimum value, a step back towards sound money - a concept abandoned by for example your dear and fluffy US back in 1913 with the creation of the Federal Reserve, final nail in the coffin in 1971 when Nixon dropped the gold standard completely, which has resulted in you needing $1000 today to buy what $40 would have bought you a hundred years ago.

Succinct enough?

doesntmatter

There's a link to the wiki in-wallet, click the About Bitcredit icon along the bottom. Or go read any CRAVE or DASH guide.

We're not buying BCR with the other coins, see above.

bitcreditscc is in control of all this, with input welcomed from whoever wishes to provide any. 'Trustless' is easy to do when all you've got is a fistful of air. It's impossible when you're trying to establish meaningful real world systems.

The bidding addresses are transit addresses and nothing has been sent out because those who made bids are yet to receive their dues(thanks to you)  Tongue .

Look at any crypto-asset's market , what percentage of the overall supply can be sold at fair market value? What % can be sold before the price tends to zero? You can only sell < 30K BCR within 10 % variation of current price, any further and you are selling into low prices beyond nominal variance. The overall market buy side will tend to zero if there is a sell off of < 8% of the supply, such a situation is unstable and unsustainable.  The move from entrenched structures such as this is in no way easy and many will fail to understand what we are pushing forward, it will take a while. BCR is slowly starting to represent a realistic, complex monetary ecosystem backed by something other than debt or hot air.

We have provable investments of (as of today) 3.5 million in BNs, which do not move, we also have an additional known 4.5 million that is in BNs that are offline (likely waiting for the last update) . Further we have a security fund of 6 million, this brings us to a grand total of 14 million that is out of circulation. Using this you can then calculate that fluid BCR is actually just 30% of the existing supply, already we begin to start having a clearer picture of the state of the ecosystem. Even the income generation streams are being diversified beyond mining, with emphasis on activity that benefits the system.

bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 12:22:11 PM

will push an update in a couple of hours, effectively seal all known loopholes that are preventing payout to bids aka donations.

1) Prevents consecutive blocks from single node
2) BN node only mining.

You will use bnminingkey=XXXXXX in your config with XXX being your Banknode's address

Depending on how long it takes, i am going to try and write temporary fall back code using the current method in bidtracker.cpp. Then i will try write it from scratch using json on my own time.

bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 12:28:37 PM

gonna add vanitygen with specific limitations. As i mentioned before , BNs will later on be required to have a key that follows the format 6BCRbnk , what this format does is "6BCR" (valid to receive votes and ratings as well as has the power to blacklist an address) "bnk" (is of type banknode)

using this format specification we can further manipulate things in the system to get better and better results. 

other prefixes will be published for various aspects.... much like votes for certain things will go to "aye" and "nay" addresses.

thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 12:32:53 PM

will push an update in a couple of hours, effectively seal all known loopholes that are preventing payout to bids aka donations.

2) BN node only mining.

You will use bnminingkey=XXXXXX in your config with XXX being your Banknode's address

Depending on how long it takes, i am going to try and write temporary fall back code using the current method in bidtracker.cpp. Then i will try write it from scratch using json on my own time.

Great news! Will update when I get home and chuck some more BNs up tonight.
gavrilo77

Activity: 819
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 12:34:56 PM

2) BN node only mining.

bnminingkey= will be instead of banknodeaddr=, or additional one.
bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 12:38:55 PM

2) BN node only mining.

bnminingkey= will be instead of banknodeaddr=, or additional one.

in addition to...lol i think by the time we are on version 0.30.20 the config file of heavy duty users could easily be twenty lines before the addnodes.

i want extremely easy but flexible customization, because each service provider/ user will have different needs and use different features in combos.

bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 02:21:36 PM

Is anyone still having windows issues? the latest builds by dragos have been working like a charm today....

dbt1033
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 02:28:04 PM

Is anyone still having windows issues? the latest builds by dragos have been working like a charm today....

I'll check it out when I get home from work.  The last one crashed every time I tried to launch it....even when I launched it over and over again.

Maybe it's a Windows 10 issue?

bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 02:47:47 PM

I'll check it out when I get home from work.  The last one crashed every time I tried to launch it....even when I launched it over and over again.

Maybe it's a Windows 10 issue?

There are some new builds from yesterday that have been working on my VMs without a hitch, restarted QT maybe 5 times so far on each x86 and x64.

alganonim

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 03:55:53 PM

Same issues and 0.30.16.8 worked there without any problems.

When you will release mandatory BN mining I will be out of luck and without any solution, so will wait and see what's next, if I'm not the only one then I guess there will be no more 100 BNs.

@dbt1033

This issues are not connected win system version (tried Win 7 and 2008 with different compatibility modes/admin right), are not related with specific wallet/conf settings/blockchain (tried with empty).
gavrilo77

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 04:13:16 PM

When you will release mandatory BN mining I will be out of luck and without any solution, so will wait and see what's next, if I'm not the only one then I guess there will be no more 100 BNs.

@dbt1033

This issues are not connected win system version (tried Win 7 and 2008 with different compatibility modes/admin right), are not related with specific wallet/conf settings/blockchain (tried with empty).

Latest builds sometime works good and sometime have to restarted several times. I am a little stubborn so at the end i win not the client Smiley
alganonim

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 05:08:31 PM

@dbt1033

Latest builds sometime works good and sometime have to restarted several times. I am a little stubborn so at the end i win not the client Smiley

It's not so simple, I started x32 version once but it showed an error at closing and from this moment can't even load a wallet "loading banknode cache", even cleaned registry, trying to see a difference from my main system.
gavrilo77

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 05:13:22 PM

@dbt1033

It's not so simple, I started x32 version once but it showed an error at closing and from this moment can't even load a wallet "loading banknode cache", even cleaned registry, trying to see a difference from my main system.

I run x32 client on my laptop, Windows 7 without problem
LucD88

Activity: 525
Merit: 510

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 05:49:49 PM

What is the latest x64 build? So I can test on Windows 7 x64, Windows 8.1 x64, and Windows 10 x64.
Pages: « 1 ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 [163] 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 ... 249 »
  Print  

Jump to: