Bitcoin Forum
July 03, 2024, 06:19:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 ... 249 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ◈◈Bitcredit ◈◈ Migrating to UniQredit◈◈  (Read 284488 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
antonio8
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 01:29:27 AM

If anyone has a few spare minutes would you mind giving my android app another try? Pretty sure I have sorted the file path thing out, plus now it creates what it needs anyway, you just need to stick your currency:address lines in the file.

I've stuck it on Google Play, any feedback good or bad would be welcome.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.crouton.lone.mybanknodes&hl=en

If the link doesn't work for you just search Play for 'mycrypto' - it's the only app with that name.

Looks good.

Can I add more than one by putting it where dash is and if so do I just copy all the same things after the address?

If you are going to leave your BTC on an exchange please send it to this address instead 1GH3ub3UUHbU5qDJW5u3E9jZ96ZEmzaXtG, I will at least use the money better than someone who steals it from the exchange. Thanks Wink
alganonim

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 07:46:58 AM
Last edit: July 18, 2015, 07:59:45 AM by alganonim

If anyone has a few spare minutes would you mind giving my android app another try? Pretty sure I have sorted the file path thing out, plus now it creates what it needs anyway, you just need to stick your currency:address lines in the file.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.crouton.lone.mybanknodes&hl=en

If the link doesn't work for you just search Play for 'mycrypto' - it's the only app with that name.

I get unknown error during installation-504

Edit:

After uninstalling Mybanknodes it starts and shows addresses but after pushing update button nothing changes, still shows only addresses.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 10:13:11 AM
Last edit: July 18, 2015, 10:37:09 AM by thelonecrouton

Looks good.

Can I add more than one by putting it where dash is and if so do I just copy all the same things after the address?

The stuff after the address on each line is just the results of the last search, so yes just add whatever new currency:address pairs you want and delete the examples. When I add a new address to my list I just copy a new list in afresh with the new one added, without any history. Maybe I should store the previous search results in a separate file, make it less confusing.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 10:22:14 AM

I get unknown error during installation-504

Edit:

After uninstalling Mybanknodes it starts and shows addresses but after pushing update button nothing changes, still shows only addresses.

Does your network indicator light up when you tap Update? If network connectivity is bad or a block explorer or bitfinex/bittrex is down it will eventually time out. I tested it on about half a dozen different phones/android versions and apart from looking a bit untidy on some screen resolutions it worked OK as long as the connection was good, ie. I was connected to wifi, not using the phone network.
alganonim

Activity: 260

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 10:50:12 AM

Just forgot to add BCR: before each address, now it works Smiley

Switching to horizontal position and total sum works in python script but in app doesn't.

Tried to add my bittrex address to monitor my exchange wallet, but forgot that it doesn't work this way, it will only show some coins when I will send some to this address.

For now Cointrader allows to monitor your coins with exchange api, but it's far from perfect.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 11:47:20 AM

Just forgot to add BCR: before each address, now it works Smiley

Switching to horizontal position and total sum works in python script but in app doesn't.

Tried to add my bittrex address to monitor my exchange wallet, but forgot that it doesn't work this way, it will only show some coins when I will send some to this address.

For now Cointrader allows to monitor your coins with exchange api, but it's far from perfect.

Glad you got it working.  I limited it to portrait mode only to avoid having to redo the layout in landscape mode.  

I can very quickly put up another app to get all your Bittrex balances if that would be useful to you. You would just need to enter your Bittrex API keys, which you can find under your account settings somewhere or other on Bittrex, and it would display eg. all your non-zero exchange balances. I'd need to encrypt your keys though if they were being stored on your phone.

Might bring a few more eyeballs to my BCR ads.  Cheesy

hack_

Activity: 501
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 09:12:23 PM

A BCR pump from these prices would be epic.
gaazje

Activity: 452

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2015, 08:06:30 AM

Still under the radar and very undervalued..

░▒▓█ / / /X42/ / / WELCOME TO FEELESS FUTURE! █▓▒░
gavrilo77

Activity: 819
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 08:47:42 AM

I try the solo miner from https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ycqnadnjp8rhsp0/AADKNyWsn0oShLPtNGCBliWba?dl=0 but every time i get message could not connect to server and my client goes off. My bat file is

clpts_x86-64 -o 127.0.0.1:8776 -u address:x -g 2 -a 1
pause

bitcredit.conf

server=1
genproclimit=0
rpcuser=address
rpcpassword=x
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=8776

thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 03:14:37 PM
Last edit: July 22, 2015, 03:33:24 PM by thelonecrouton

Still under the radar and very undervalued..

Some quick thoughts on the direction BCR is headed, and why:

Cryptocurrencies right now are all backed by nothing. When you push a BTC zealot on this, they all fall back to, "Well, at least BTC isn't backed by debt! Zero > -$200 000 000 000, right?" Maybe, but zero is still zero.

To date there has been nobody willing to bridge the gap between the trustless ideal of crptocurrencies, and reality. The real world doesn't function trustlessly. The real world isn't made up of a p2p ditributed hash table of binary integers, it's made up of people, things, and the relationships between those people and things, and those relationships in the real world involve trust.

In order for any currency to have real and lasting value, it needs to be backed by something other than faith and the hot air from ASIC/GPU farms. Fiat currencies all find their true market worth in the end: nothing.

Cryptocurrency enthusuiasts deride government issued fiat currencies, but what difference is there really between a government promising to pay the bearer, or an ASIC manufacturer promising to pay the bearer? BTC is a fiat currency just as much as the US dollar is, it's just 'backed' by empty promises from someone other than a government.

When BCR holders can see in-wallet exactly what assets BCR was backed by at any time, and what their own share of those assets is, BCR isn't just hot air and faith any more, it's a real-asset backed fund with distributed access to those assets, a fund that you don't need an expensive broker to buy and sell, a fund that let's all users transfer wealth freely (as in, it's yours, you can do what you want with it with no arbitrary restrictions, there might still be a very small tx fee) anywhere in the world. It's the best of both worlds, and far more likely to attract investment than a project that is made of nothing but money that has already been spent on fancy hardware that serves no useful purpose and the electricity to run it all.

It's going to be a long road and there's a bunch of hurdles to be overcome, but nothing insurmountable. I'll take the measured risk of owning a sensibly secured portfolio of something real over "investing" in someone else's profits any day of the week.

Traditional fiat currencies backed by the theft of compulsory taxation (Proof of Violence, as Kristov Atlas calls it) all eventually fail. BTC is just fiat backed by idealism, and it will fail too because ultimately it has no real value at all to anyone except the hardware manufacturers and utility companies.

All other cryptocurrencies are nothing but gambling toys for the cryptognat faithful to lose money on and profit engines for the likes of KNC and the pump and dump groups. BCR is going to replace those speculative bubbles with cold hard loot, and it will be your cold hard loot.

Cryptocurrencies might be technically trustless or close to trustless, but their market value is 100% trust, because that's all there is to them.
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2015, 02:46:01 PM

Nice quotable quote on HN:

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=9945139

Ask HN: Are there any startups disrupting business banking?

”Ally and Simple are doing a great job in the consumer space, but is there anyone working on business banking?

We have used both national and local banks and it's nothing but a struggle. Fees to receive money, fees to move money, fees to send money. There's a fee for just about everything, and almost nothing works as it should.

Cheers

Graham
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 04:12:29 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2015, 04:27:25 PM by thelonecrouton

Nice quotable quote on HN:

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=9945139

Ask HN: Are there any startups disrupting business banking?

”Ally and Simple are doing a great job in the consumer space, but is there anyone working on business banking?

We have used both national and local banks and it's nothing but a struggle. Fees to receive money, fees to move money, fees to send money. There's a fee for just about everything, and almost nothing works as it should.

Cheers

Graham

I do find it baffling when somebody on here posts a story about some bank or other "investigating blockchain technology!" or somesuch, and seems to believe that next week JP Morgan, Cityigroup, HSBC and Barclays etc. are all for some unfathomable reason going to be building their own hydroelectric power stations and deploying pebble beds and tokomaks to power city-sized warehouses of ASICs to mine Bitcoin with.

A blockchain isn't that complex of a concept (how long has CMOS circuitry been around? Wink) and discrete entities don't even need it to be distributed much, other than for failover redundancy. Clue to those who get exited about such reports: big money will certainly adopt blockchains where they find it profitable to do so, but it won't be the Bitcoin blockchain.  

There's a big gap in the market though for an off-the-shelf solution, and BCR is inching towards that but we need to connect with the right people to help achieve it. And the fiat / digital-token barrier is a big one - it can maybe be sidestepped with other asset classes than fiat as backing though, and advocates of some of those other asset classes might prove receptive to a dovetailing of some common goals.
LucD88

Activity: 525
Merit: 510

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 08:35:38 PM

Is bitcreditscc still with us? It's been over a week since his last post.

Just checking! Smiley

By the way, I'm really curious to see when the 'new' wallet is ready and how it looks like. Have the bugs been crushed so far?
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 08:59:50 PM

Just checking! Smiley

By the way, I'm really curious to see when the 'new' wallet is ready and how it looks like. Have the bugs been crushed so far?

https://github.com/bitcreditscc?tab=activity 

- He's a worker.  Smiley   There's a bunch of architectural stuff to get in place for the bid-based distribution system and blockchain assets (coloured coins.)

Not sure what new wallet you mean, but the last few QT builds I've done from the rc branch haven't needed me to delete the mncache before starting it up. I'm on linux, can't comment on Windows. The electrum client/server still needs a bit of work before it's ready for primetime.
kahir
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 09:05:57 PM

guys is there a hidden nvidia windows miner for this its been ages since i asked for it and no one reply
LucD88

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 09:19:53 PM

Just checking! Smiley

- He's a worker.  Smiley   There's a bunch of architectural stuff to get in place for the bid-based distribution system and blockchain assets (coloured coins.)

Not sure what new wallet you mean, but the last few QT builds I've done from the rc branch haven't needed me to delete the mncache before starting it up. I'm on linux, can't comment on Windows. The electrum client/server still needs a bit of work before it's ready for primetime.
Stupid me! I have the Github link right here, just forgot to check it.. But you're right, there sure is a lot of activity which is a good sign! Smiley As for the Electrum client, curious to see it in action.

Again, if there's any testing that needs to be done, or anything I can help with: Hit me up in PM! Glad to be of service!  Smiley

guys is there a hidden nvidia windows miner for this its been ages since i asked for it and no one reply
I don't really understand the question. Could you elaborate?
kahir
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 09:27:49 PM

Just checking! Smiley

- He's a worker.  Smiley   There's a bunch of architectural stuff to get in place for the bid-based distribution system and blockchain assets (coloured coins.)

Stupid me! I have the Github link right here, just forgot to check it.. But you're right, there sure is a lot of activity which is a good sign! Smiley As for the Electrum client, curious to see it in action.

Again, if there's any testing that needs to be done, or anything I can help with: Hit me up in PM! Glad to be of service!  Smiley

i want to mine with my nvidia cards is there a ccminer for bcr ?
antonio8
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 10:53:09 PM

Just checking! Smiley

- He's a worker.  Smiley   There's a bunch of architectural stuff to get in place for the bid-based distribution system and blockchain assets (coloured coins.)

Again, if there's any testing that needs to be done, or anything I can help with: Hit me up in PM! Glad to be of service!  Smiley

i want to mine with my nvidia cards is there a ccminer for bcr ?

I've said this in another post and believe me, I have nothing but Nvidia cards.

This is not the algo to use for your cards. Total wast as you will do better on other algos.

There is talk about getting an improved miner but at this moment not, publicly at least.

On Nan's miner I was doing 6,600 cpm on a 280x. On a 970 I was doing maybe 1,500 cpm.

There are better options for Nvidia right now, unfortunately.

Like I said though, there is talk. Or you might be able to get Nan to do one for Nvidia for a fee but when I asked he did not have Nvidia cards. Also the devs who did the miner back during PTS days are not interested in going further with the miners they created. That was about 2 months ago. You can try and contact them again if you like.

If you are going to leave your BTC on an exchange please send it to this address instead 1GH3ub3UUHbU5qDJW5u3E9jZ96ZEmzaXtG, I will at least use the money better than someone who steals it from the exchange. Thanks Wink
bitcreditscc (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 04:59:42 AM

Just checking! Smiley

Hi, sorry

I am working in the background an d trying to deliver on promises made. I have a few nuggets of code that i need to perfect. The upcoming update can be seen on the git, it's pretty massive and has some real drastic changes so please bear with us.

Colored coins and our SPV wallet need some work as well.

LucD88

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 06:16:24 PM

Just checking! Smiley

Hi, sorry

I am working in the background an d trying to deliver on promises made. I have a few nuggets of code that i need to perfect. The upcoming update can be seen on the git, it's pretty massive and has some real drastic changes so please bear with us.

Colored coins and our SPV wallet need some work as well.
Yeah, I noticed.. Looking at Github you're quite the worker, keep it up. Smiley Really looking forward to the next update! I love seeing such dedication and effort by a dev team, great job guys!! Cheesy
Pages: « 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 ... 249 »
  Print  

Jump to: