Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:24:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: SEGVEC CONNED ME OUT OF 14.09 BTC  (Read 29665 times)
SellingHBOGo2 (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 05:49:53 AM

Also seg, what proof do you have that that address is controlled by this "Bulgarian" you speak of and not yourself? I suspect this was just a really smart scam pulled off by you. http://gyazo.com/85c45a94ffd22e7222b875417a587af2 in this screenshot you say that your partner has been doing business with this Bulgarian for a couple years so how can it be a copy paste issue if that address: 1G1GP5XUuxYxNZEGvv2fhF66SPgXvKRxLH does not even have any prior transactions other than me sending 14.09 BTC?? Nice one though, didn't even realize that until now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2301

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 06:03:10 AM

I really doubt that segvec even has a partner. That's the shittiest excuse I've seen in a while. Segvec only does small trades for quick profit. Whenever he has a chance to con someone for a big amount he'll do it in the first chance. Like showcased above, and in his trust...

I completed $200k in deals in November alone.
What did you do?  Huh

EDIT: Good night to all.
How do you expect to be able to continue to do as many deals moving forward if you are essentially stealing from your customers? Why would anyone want to do business with you.
1. Partner c+p error and sent wrong address.
2. HBO sent funds to random Bulgarian that my partner was dealing with.
3. Bulgarian cashed out funds and ditched partner and myself.
4. Partner's error...so will be reimbursing via his tax return. (USA; mid-feb arrival)
5. HBO is a foreign national who is not educated enough to understand the situation.
6. Posts here in hopes of this scam report making me pay the funds back now.
7. Fails as we've already made an arrangement that will be followed.
8. /story.
If you told the OP to send to a certain address then you need to treat it as if funds were received to your control. HBO did not send the bitcoin to a random address, he sent to the address that you directed him to send to. The fact that you claim someone else controls the address is impossible to prove. You are essentially forcing your customer to take the loss that occurred because of your own mistake.
BeetcoinScummer

Activity: 215
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 10:00:47 AM

Then cover the $5K for you partner's mistake till he can repay you in Feb. Someone who does that much in deals should easily have $5k in reserves.
csharp11

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Software Engineering is not an easy Job.

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 10:45:34 AM

OP - you should never trust ANYONE on this forum. No matter the trust he/she has. Obviously it doesn't matter. And skype name "Albert Gonzalez" REALLY? No one paid attention to that?
Albert Gonzalez was the biggest credit card thief in history. This is an impersonator.

OK administrators should really do something about this segvec guy. So if someone new asks for pre-payment - he is deemed a scammer, but someone who obviously took 15Bitcoins, admits to it, and gives ridiculous explanations that make no sense, are still "respected" in this community?

Dont you think you should decrease his trust rating? Or is he a scammer when he tries to scam "a reputable" member only, not when he actually scams someone?

There is difference between "TRIES to scam" and "HAS scammed".

Out of shape with big p*nis is better than muscular with tiny pecker. Cheesy
markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 10:57:06 AM
Last edit: December 17, 2014, 11:38:08 AM by markj113

Escrow via tomato is fine by me.  Wink
When February rolls around and you get your funds, I want a full apology released to the general public.

Good night.

You made the deal, you are responsible.  

The fact an alleged partner ran with the funds is irrelevant.

You then make the guy wait months for payment if you end up paying at all and expect a public apology  Roll Eyes

You also leave SellingHBOGo2 negative feedback  Shocked

5. HBO is a foreign national who is not educated enough to understand the situation.
patronizing prick, op sent funds and expects to be paid

6. Posts here in hopes of this scam report making me pay the funds back now.
Your theft should be exposed

7. Fails as we've already made an arrangement that will be followed.
an arrangement was not made, you stole his BTC and are now dictating terms afterwards

I think most normal people would agree with my opinion of you segvec.

p.s. segvec it may be worth clarifying how you intend to refund, locked in on current $ value at time of sending or are you going to try and scam even further by sending 14.09BTC back in Feb if BTC the value is less.

csharp11

Activity: 98

Software Engineering is not an easy Job.

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 11:16:03 AM

Escrow via tomato is fine by me.  Wink
When February rolls around and you get your funds, I want a full apology released to the general public.

Good night.

You made the deal, you are responsible.  

The fact an alleged partner ran with the funds is irrelevant.

You then make the guy wait months for payment if you end up paying at all and expect a public apology  Roll Eyes

You also leave SellingHBOGo2 negative feedback  Shocked

I think most normal people would agree with my opinion of you segvec.

Absolutely! He is responsible, he could have at least explained within a POSITIVE comment about the situation and took responsibility. He said he made the deal, but didn't take the BITCOINS. Yeah right... Some misterious Bulgarian came along with his magic powers. And who would give someone else's bitcoin address. I mean Skype name "Albert Gonzalez"... Just wikipedia this name. Since the segvec real name is not Albert Gonzalez, he's a fan of that guy and is probably a con-artist himself.

Out of shape with big p*nis is better than muscular with tiny pecker. Cheesy
PistolPete

Activity: 90

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 11:36:04 AM

turtlehurricane above had a bad experience on this section when segvec started calling him a scammer. segvec has generally been immature and aggressive which makes it surprising that his business was going on till now.

He reminds me strongly of Candystripes. Both will make good friends with their general disdain of foreign nationals.

2. Foreigners are more likely to scam, it's a fact.

Kassenzettel

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 11:53:37 AM

@op, better in 2 months than never i think
markj113
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 11:56:17 AM

2 months = probably never in reality
sbogovac
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1192

I don't believe in denial.

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 12:25:13 PM

2 months = probably never in reality

Something like BFL's two weeks(c) ?  Tongue

0x7442A5c37E513D335F53843cD20c00F77eAC7867
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 12:36:16 PM

Hopefully some people here can help dox segvec, so that a proper police investigation can occur. I bet he will pay once he realizes he could end up in jail. Jail sucks
For this large of an amount I don't see why a police investigation would not occur without him getting doxxed. This large of an amount of a theft is no small crime
SellingHBOGo2 (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 12:49:11 PM

I just want to thank the community for the overwhelming amount of support, I really appreciate it. csharp, I didn't realize who Albert Gonzalez even was until after I was trying to search him up on Google after I'd sent him the BTC and found this wikipedia page:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Gonzalez . Basically every alias linked to this guy is an alias of Albert, "segvec" "cumbajohnny" etc. That itself should have been pretty alarming to me, but I didn't realize it until after I sent him the BTC. If segvec does not pay me back, what would be my next step in retrieving my money?
ZacheryL

Activity: 34

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 01:01:27 PM

Browsing through the above posts:

If the stated Bulgarian indeed stole the funds, I think it is fair to assume both segvec and HBO did not make a mistake in this transaction and it is simply an unfortunate incident.

As such, at his discretion, segvec may choose return HBO the funds first and claim it from his partner once he gets his tax return. If the funds are indeed a large proportion of HBO's life savings, I believe it will be considerate and sensitive action.

Doing so also resolves the conflict between the 2 parties here and segvec will be able to maintain a respectable reputation on this forum for future transactions.

Personally I've done a transaction with segvec and I'd say he is a trustworthy member here.
segvec

Activity: 196

The cheddar breed jealousy

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 01:03:18 PM

Good luck to all trying.
@turtlehurricane, trying to elimate the individual who wiped out your client base...nice.  Smiley

The vast majority who commented are members who never buy/sell.
From what I see, all having bankrolls of $10k and below...with that being said, business is not a topic that the accusers should attempt to pounce me on. Everyone is against me because I hate foreign idiots that are uneducated. Key word being uneducated. I'm dealing with an idiotic Indian muck muck. Call me racist, an asshole, whatever you wish. In February, all accusing idiots will be deleting their posts and biting their tongue. Also police? How do you file a police report with drop names and deals that involve money laundering as HBO failed to mention? That must be new.

Thanks.

▓▓▓▓   New Real-time Cryptocurrency Exchange            → CREATE  ACCOUNT ▓▓▓▓
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅  BIT-X.com  ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
▓▓▓▓   Supported Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP → OFFICIAL THREAD ▓▓▓▓
SellingHBOGo2 (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 01:09:07 PM

Then cover the $5K for you partner's mistake till he can repay you in Feb. Someone who does that much in deals should easily have $5k in reserves.
I just want to mention, that he has sent me a picture of "$120k in cash which he said he has liquid for me right now." https://i.imgur.com/CrCxg67.jpg
A picture of "5k put aside for me" https://i.imgur.com/jLr8gyN.jpg
Clearly he has the cash, but he doesn't have the intention of paying it back. Can someone from the default trust list please leave negative feedback as it wouldn't make any difference if I leave it.
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 01:11:30 PM

All I see are a bunch of $20's and a few $100's covering what, more $100's or perhaps paper?

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
SellingHBOGo2 (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 01:20:04 PM

All I see are a bunch of $20's and a few $100's covering what, more $100's or perhaps paper?
Even if there is not $120k in that picture, he should have at least $5k to send the money now. He always likes to flaunt how he's done $200k in deals in November only, so a measly $5k should be nothing to him, right  Huh If the partner tax return story is true, why doesn't he collect the money from his partner himself in February and pay me now? Because I made the deal with him, not his partner.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 01:25:09 PM

Good luck to all trying.
@turtlehurricane, trying to elimate the individual who wiped out your client base...nice.  Smiley

The vast majority who commented are members who never buy/sell.
From what I see, all having bankrolls of $10k and below...with that being said, business is not a topic that the accusers should attempt to pounce me on. Everyone is against me because I hate foreign idiots that are uneducated. Key word being uneducated. I'm dealing with an idiotic Indian muck muck. Call me racist, an asshole, whatever you wish. In February, all accusing idiots will be deleting their posts and biting their tongue. Also police? How do you file a police report with drop names and deals that involve money laundering as HBO failed to mention? That must be new.

Thanks.
if you are implying that you have a bankroll of more then 10k then there is no reason why you would not be able to afford to pay him despite your "mistake" without wiping out your bankroll. Plus if you are doing 100k+ in volume per month then there is no reason why you need to wait until tax season as your spreads are clearly large enough that you made as much as the "error" in one month
markj113
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 01:26:18 PM

I can't work out why segvec would throw away his business here for such a small amount.  You can be sure there will be plenty of default trust negatives shortly which will impact strongly on future trades.

Can't see many escrow guys willing to work with him considering the attitude displayed in this thread.
segvec

Activity: 196

The cheddar breed jealousy

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 01:27:30 PM

Even if there is not $120k in that picture, he should have at least $5k to send the money now. He always likes to flaunt how he's done $200k in deals in November only, so a measly $5k should be nothing to him, right  Huh If the partner tax return story is true, why doesn't he collect the money from his partner himself in February and pay me now? Because I made the deal with him, not his partner.

You are not seeing a dollar until February. It was not my mistake and that's just how the cookie crumbles. Tarnish my rep with false claims...do what you have to do. I don't care if I had $5 million...I'm not covering my partners mistake. There is a reason why the poor stay poor, and the rich stay rich. Take notes. Call me an asshole, racist prick, dickhead, rude, whatever you want...at the end of the day, take a step back and see how horrible of an idea it was to make this false claim.

I'm not sure why I keep posting when I'm just repeating the same thing over and over.

Edit: see you guys on the hero/legendary from afar.

▓▓▓▓   New Real-time Cryptocurrency Exchange            → CREATE  ACCOUNT ▓▓▓▓
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅  BIT-X.com  ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
▓▓▓▓   Supported Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP → OFFICIAL THREAD ▓▓▓▓
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: