Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:53:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: SEGVEC CONNED ME OUT OF 14.09 BTC  (Read 29665 times)
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2014, 02:26:08 PM

OP your funds are gone for good..I am sorry for your loss. This "my partner sent wrong address" is such a lame excuse. You might as well just admit he isn't getting funds back and go make an alt account to scam others. Please people USE ESCROW and this will stop happening.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SellingHBOGo2 (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 02:29:34 PM

OP your funds are gone for good..I am sorry for your loss. This "my partner sent wrong address" is such a lame excuse. You might as well just admit he isn't getting funds back and go make an alt account to scam others. Please people USE ESCROW and this will stop happening.
This was a valuable lesson to learn. To bad it was with $5k and not $500  Cry I just couldn't afford to lose this amount of money  Cry
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2014, 02:32:20 PM

This was a valuable lesson to learn. To bad it was with $5k and not $500  Cry I just couldn't afford to lose this amount of money  Cry

I got scammed and learned the same lesson. I paid 3 coins upfront for a Casascius deal back when we were at 1k. Live and learn is all we can do. Obviously if he was going to pay he would cover it to not ruin his rep. This guy most likely does $100 deals and was waiting for this pay day. My guess is he will buy or make a new acct and do the same thing.
SellingHBOGo2 (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 02:39:07 PM

I got scammed and learned the same lesson. I paid 3 coins upfront for a Casascius deal back when we were at 1k. Live and learn is all we can do. Obviously if he was going to pay he would cover it to not ruin his rep. This guy most likely does $100 deals and was waiting for this pay day. My guess is he will buy or make a new acct and do the same thing.
Exactly, if he really is as rich as he claims to be, he wouldn't waste all this time arguing about $5k. Enjoy that money you fucking scamming poor ass prick. I'm gonna make it my priority now to get this guy in jail now. I know another identity linked to him in addition to Jordan Anderson for whom I have the full address and DOB for. Should I post it?
elasticband
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 02:41:29 PM

This was a valuable lesson to learn. To bad it was with $5k and not $500  Cry I just couldn't afford to lose this amount of money  Cry

Exactly, if he really is as rich as he claims to be, he wouldn't waste all this time arguing about $5k. Enjoy that money you fucking scamming poor ass prick. I'm gonna make it my priority now to get this guy in jail now. I know another identity linked to him in addition to Jordan Anderson for whom I have the full address and DOB for. Should I post it?

Don't bother man, aggravating the situation like that won't help, deal with it the proper way and in the while, the ball is in his court.

edit: you were 100% right to right this accusation and warn the community of his actions. clearly he cannot be trusted to handle a deal he fucked in a reasonable manner.
markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 02:43:16 PM

Post all info you have, will assist others help track him down
SellingHBOGo2 (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 02:52:16 PM

I will post all info I have after I come back from work, and if he's not willing to solve this problem now, which it looks like he isn't. turtlehurricane also mentioned that he might have his phone number
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 02:54:53 PM

I will post all info I have after I come back from work, and if he's not willing to solve this problem now, which it looks like he isn't. turtlehurricane also mentioned that he might have his phone number
Since most attempts at DOXing are incomplete or just plain wrong, I would suggest gathering any info be done in private. I would also suggest using someone who has successful/accurate attempts.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
markj113
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 02:55:57 PM

The forum will have his I.p logged too (police will need to request it)
elasticband
Legendary

Activity: 1036

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 02:57:32 PM

Since most attempts at DOXing are incomplete or just plain wrong, I would suggest gathering any info be done in private. I would also suggest using someone who has successful/accurate attempts.

I second this.

Segvec really should just sort the mistake he has made now though.
KingOfSports

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Acc bought - used solely for signature testing

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 03:06:46 PM

Contact user "RiversideBTC" on here. His Doxxes are extremely accurate.

SellingHBOGo2 (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 03:13:04 PM

The forum will have his I.p logged too (police will need to request it)
Probably the closest I can get to finding out who he is. And yeah, doxxing will be done in private in case he all of a sudden decides to pay me back
SellingHBOGo2 (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 03:33:10 PM

It maybe easier to find him than I initially thought. He bought a Bitcoin Bong a couple weeks ago that "WoodCollector" shipped to him. If he is willing to give me his info this will be much easier
markj113
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 03:36:28 PM

It maybe easier to find him than I initially thought. He bought a Bitcoin Bong a couple weeks ago that "WoodCollector" shipped to him. If he is willing to give me his info this will be much easier

He may Not give the info to you but no probs for the police
xetsr
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 04:28:19 PM

You mentioned paypal. I hope you're prepared for a chargeback if he is indeed a scammer and sent from his account. Also does anyone remember the whole turtle situation? Segvec said something about reversing all the moneypaks. If you received a moneypak from him and still have funds on paypal or your greendot card now might be a good time to withdraw them.

Looks like he got caught as the man in the middle which is not surprising looking at his previous threads and the moneypak processing. When they get screwed they usually screw the other party because they don't feel like they are responsible.

Next time just use escrow and don't go by trust or rep unless they are VERY trusted.

I'm surprised nobody mentioned anything about his user name and yahoo or skype (can't remember which one) handle. Impersonating one of the bigger credit card / identity theft hackers?  
KingOfSports

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 04:49:33 PM

Its interesting what happened. Obviously segvec was the middleman and it fell thru. He is responsible here, not the OP, I don't understand why he thinks he isn't. My guess is $5k is too much of a hit for him to take personally as others have possibly said. Why segvec has bragged and been extremely rude and threatening is the weirdest reaction to all of this.

Blazed I don't think segvec's intentions were to build up rep and scam someone for a big amount eventually. I thought that at first but so many times he paid with methods that require ID (Western Union, Moneygram, W2W) or address info (buying things shipped to him) and he bought stuff on this forum. If his true intent was to scam he wouldn't have done all that and expose his identity for when he scammed later.

The problem here is that after this segvec's account is trashed. Its value and trust is 0 and no one will trust him again, even if the $5k is paid in February. This then becomes a situation of will his "friend" pay the debt owed come February and will segvec actually be around still to pay it.

$5k is a lot of money, but anyone can disappear. It'll be interesting to see if segvec's account is abandoned or not. If segvec's goal was to scam, I wouldn't be surprised if more people who were threatened to keep quiet about a future repayment come forward.

xetsr
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 04:55:25 PM

Its interesting what happened. Obviously segvec was the middleman and it fell thru. He is responsible here, not the OP, I don't understand why he thinks he isn't.

Blazed I don't think segvec's intentions were to build up rep and scam someone for a big amount eventually. I thought that at first but so many times he paid with methods that require ID (Western Union, Moneygram, W2W) or address info (buying things shipped to him) and he bought stuff on this forum. If his true intent was to scam he wouldn't have done all that and expose his identity for when he scammed later.

The problem here is that after this segvec's account is trashed. Its value and trust is 0 and no one will trust him again, even if the $5k is paid in February. This then becomes a situation of will his "friend" pay the debt owed come February and will segvec actually be around still to pay it.

$5k is a lot of money, but anyone can disappear. It'll be interesting to see if segvec's account is abandoned or not.

Well, he did buy BTC with paypal and moneypaks. If he planned on scamming we should know soon Wink

This just sounds like a man in the middle deal gone wrong but you can't blame HBO for not wanting to wait 2 months for his BTC (especially since the value is dropping right now). If nothing was mentioned about this partner and etc then segvec should just pay up since he made the mistake of using this "partner".
Nautiluss

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 04:58:59 PM

so long story short, the middle man just stole the bitcoin and segvec is struggling to pay something back.
KingOfSports

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 04:59:27 PM

Its interesting what happened. Obviously segvec was the middleman and it fell thru. He is responsible here, not the OP, I don't understand why he thinks he isn't.

$5k is a lot of money, but anyone can disappear. It'll be interesting to see if segvec's account is abandoned or not.

Well, he did buy BTC with paypal and moneypaks. If he planned on scamming we should know soon Wink

This just sounds like a man in the middle deal gone wrong but you can't blame HBO for not wanting to wait 2 months for his BTC (especially since the value is dropping right now). If nothing was mentioned about this partner and etc then segvec should just pay up since he made the mistake of using this "partner".
The moneypaks he got were moneypaks from other people, not himself. Paypal no idea, probably his own account not sure.

The one weird thing I will say about segvec is that when he bought BTC he would pay high rates all the time for them. Then whenever he was "selling" BTC for himself or for others he would sell at market rate. It didn't make sense.

KingOfSports

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 05:00:35 PM

so long story short, the middle man just stole the bitcoin and segvec is struggling to pay something back.
Long story short, user (segvec) gave wrong bitcoin address and most likely address was of someone who is not related in the business, just a normal customer. Sitting on 5k after the bitcoins were sent, they not-shockingly disappeared with the money.

Somehow it wasn't segvec's deal but his partners going thru segvec or something, I don't know.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: