I paid for a Mini Rig not too long ago (May 2012), would it be possible for customers like me who have paid for a product and waiting in line to be able to downgrade to something that will not be obsolete in 2 months ?
I want to change my order to couple of Single SC's from a Mini Rig. I cannot afford to pay the extra 15K.
I have emailed you twice in the last few weeks and not gotten a response on this issue.
Rest assured, we won't leave our customers behind and we'll make accommodation for this particular circumstance. I can't give you specifics at the moment but there will be a threshold where pending orders can be converted. For fastest conclusion, write office@butterflylabs. If you've already placed an email to that effect via customer service, then it will be responded to in kind once the policy is set come Monday.
It should also be pointed out that backlog shipments are accelerating dramatically and the relative hashing power of today's generation is excellent. This may not be relevant to you as you're looking to skip the extra investment to upgrade into SC.. so I understand. There is a path for you.