Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:46:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Story of Bob Surplus  (Read 54956 times)
fonzerrellie
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

Kaspa

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:27:01 AM

@QuestionAuthority. That is your opinion. But what do you reckon the bitcoin developers and the community do to make the system of governance better, and how do you expect them to achieve it?

In any case, if you really reckon that bitcoin is hopeless, then what cryptocoin would you suggest as a better alternative?

I like the idea of apps for smartphones and point of sale devices for crypto friendly stores/restaurants etc that can accept a multitude of cryptocurrencies... essentially it would be linked to an exchange that offers the service, the retailer can decide to keep the crypto or get turned straight into cash without them needing to handle it. (so they wont be affected by the volatility obviously) I think Quadriga CX (Canadian exchange) has one but it's probably just for BTC not for every coin they carry.

But that way people could have an option to choose what coin they want to use... BTC will still be king as it is one of the most researched codes on the planet. It has the longest blockchain and is by far most trusted and recognisable and it is what has built peoples trust in cryptocurrencies. I've always seen BTC as "digital gold", as a store of value and to trade altcoins against that value, It's value will continue to grow as more and more of the planets population begins to understand and participate in the "secondary decentralised global economy" that is being built and getting stronger by the day, every dip is a chance for it to get spread out thinner and the whole cryptoverse is stronger because of it.

I personally like a well designed "Proof of stake" coin, I want to support a network but don't want to waste money on quickly out dating hardware and expensive electricity... with a good poscoin when the network difficulty increases you just need to add a few more coins to your wallet LOL the coins don't get outdated, it's just the network growing.

Edit: There will always be dirty players trying to find loopholes etc... just like the regular economy and politics

#Expanse $EXP 500 transactions 4 .1 EXP 1st Clone of ETH 
WAVES

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 05:30:50 PM

@QuestionAuthority. That is your opinion. But what do you reckon the bitcoin developers and the community do to make the system of governance better, and how do you expect them to achieve it?

In any case, if you really reckon that bitcoin is hopeless, then what cryptocoin would you suggest as a better alternative?

I don’t think any other crypto is a better solution than bitcoin because the idea of a standalone crypto payment solution is a flawed concept at its core. I have seen better systems of governance. Bitcoin (or any crypto) needs to have some sort of accountable governance. Who holds the devs accountable right now? Can you sue them for damages? There is currently NO accountability. That’s fine for a super risky investment where you can have no expectation of any guaranteed return. However, that is totally unacceptable for a currency. Today I see Ripple as being the only global payment solution using blockchain technology that even comes close.

bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1442

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 12:23:40 AM

Bitcoin is an open source project. The people who decide to use it for their needs should know that they cannot sue anyone. If you find a flaw in the software, you fix it and publish it or make the issue known.

In any case, you said that you have seen better governance systems. Can you give us examples of what they are?

How I wish I can say the same about Ripple. Permissioned systems are not good for the cryptospace, and I reckon your transactions can be censored in there.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 08:12:19 PM

Bitcoin is an open source project. The people who decide to use it for their needs should know that they cannot sue anyone. If you find a flaw in the software, you fix it and publish it or make the issue known.

In any case, you said that you have seen better governance systems. Can you give us examples of what they are?

How I wish I can say the same about Ripple. Permissioned systems are not good for the cryptospace, and I reckon your transactions can be censored in there.

Open source projects can be controlled. Red Hat Enterprise Linux is a perfect example of how it can be done right. Again, look to Linux projects for good governance. The problem really isn’t that bitcoin has bad governance it’s that it has no governance.  Everyone is just running their own program. A recent example, the Chinese mining collective stopped any fork that could have changed the blocksize.

The censorship issue is a non-issue for me because I’m not a criminal. I want drug trafficking to be stopped, terrorists to be caught, and human trafficking to be eliminated. If I can’t have perfect anonymity and need to suffer some censoring to keep my kids off drugs or out of the hands of Somali slave traders - so be it.

Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4894

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 08:47:14 PM

The censorship issue is a non-issue for me because I’m not a criminal. I want drug trafficking to be stopped, terrorists to be caught, and human trafficking to be eliminated. If I can’t have perfect anonymity and need to suffer some censoring to keep my kids off drugs or out of the hands of Somali slave traders - so be it.

If your so worried about drug traffickers than you goto the supplier and this is the biggest one targeting your kids.

And Somali slave traders are not after your kids that a fucking joke.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 10:25:08 PM

Well he is right about the Tether scam. It's a huge fraud that will rock crypto when it comes crashing down.

That has been well known for quite awhile, if you search my post history you will find warnings from when polo first listed it. When did he notice it? It's pretty well known around the interwebs that it is backed by nothing. It's the hot potato token when the music stops we will se who gets burned. Cheesy

It is backed by nothing?  What exactly do you think Bitcoin is backed by then?  All it will take for the “music to stop” on Bitcoin is one major event (coding problem, multi govt action, whale dump and price crash, et cetera)

I am sorry, but I cannot help it. I have to interject and join the discussion hehe.

Yes bitcoin is not backed by anything, but surely you cannot justify that Tether's unbackedness is the same as bitcoin's. From the distribution of the coins, the monetary policy and to the structure of the network, you know bitcoin does it in a way that prevents any participant in the network from becoming a central authority.

On the otherside, there are rumors that Tether printed another $94 million worth of USDT.

You’re right of course, no crypto is backed by anything. People have simply replaced trusting a government fiat issuing authority wth trusting a collection of unknown coders and half-assed community oversight. A perfect example of the half-assed oversight is the respected an revered Roger Ver visiting MtGox and telling everyone how great things are going right before Karpeles loses 500k community bitcoins.

I agree, Tether is worse.

If this is really what you believe then I am sorry for you.

Why?

Tether is 100% fraudulent. End of story. I don't feel sorry for you.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 11:28:37 PM

Well he is right about the Tether scam. It's a huge fraud that will rock crypto when it comes crashing down.

That has been well known for quite awhile, if you search my post history you will find warnings from when polo first listed it. When did he notice it? It's pretty well known around the interwebs that it is backed by nothing. It's the hot potato token when the music stops we will se who gets burned. Cheesy

It is backed by nothing?  What exactly do you think Bitcoin is backed by then?  All it will take for the “music to stop” on Bitcoin is one major event (coding problem, multi govt action, whale dump and price crash, et cetera)

I am sorry, but I cannot help it. I have to interject and join the discussion hehe.

Yes bitcoin is not backed by anything, but surely you cannot justify that Tether's unbackedness is the same as bitcoin's. From the distribution of the coins, the monetary policy and to the structure of the network, you know bitcoin does it in a way that prevents any participant in the network from becoming a central authority.

On the otherside, there are rumors that Tether printed another $94 million worth of USDT.

You’re right of course, no crypto is backed by anything. People have simply replaced trusting a government fiat issuing authority wth trusting a collection of unknown coders and half-assed community oversight. A perfect example of the half-assed oversight is the respected an revered Roger Ver visiting MtGox and telling everyone how great things are going right before Karpeles loses 500k community bitcoins.

I agree, Tether is worse.

If this is really what you believe then I am sorry for you.

Why?

Tether is 100% fraudulent. End of story. I don't feel sorry for you.

Maybe you forgot how to read? This was my responce to the tether scam. Try doing a search on my post history. This quote if from this thread in the mniddle of the conversation we are having right now.

I feel sorry that he would rather trust the GOV we have (not the one we were promised BTW) than the Math behind crypto. Understand now?

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 11:47:19 PM

Thanks, man, that was good stuff on many levels.......can i suggest, once your moral compass is back on-line again, that you consider writing as a career?
Your style might not be perfect, but you've got a good flow and can tell a story well.
so what are you telling is the man a good story teller?lol i
believe that OP has a career outside crypto,maybe a writer for or
editor for some james bond movies..an old fashion lines that amazed
grandma.😂
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:54:45 AM

If your so worried about drug traffickers than you goto the supplier and this is the biggest one targeting your kids.

Sorry, I’m not an anarchist, I’m not paranoid and I don’t trust a bunch of loons on the interwebz more than I trust the government.

By the way, if your family doctor prescribes something you don’t agree with then don’t take it. LOL

bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1442

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 04:45:32 AM

Open source projects can be controlled. Red Hat Enterprise Linux is a perfect example of how it can be done right. Again, look to Linux projects for good governance. The problem really isn’t that bitcoin has bad governance it’s that it has no governance.  Everyone is just running their own program. A recent example, the Chinese mining collective stopped any fork that could have changed the blocksize.

From your viewpoint, why is there a need for blockchains, cryptocoins and decentralization then? Why not use the systems in place today and upgrade that with a digital currency issued by the banks or by the government?

I also reckon Visa and other credit card companies are already doing a good job in providing its users with cost effective and cashless payments.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Zizi19231

Activity: 205
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 06:13:50 AM

his whole write up, very entertaining and eloquent, actually gave me a newfound respect for BobSurplus.
JesusCryptos

Activity: 714
Merit: 117

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 04:21:02 PM

his whole write up, very entertaining and eloquent, actually gave me a newfound respect for BobSurplus.

Nobody is actually speaking about him any more in this thread though. I think we should invite Bobsurplus to this conversation.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 04:21:48 PM

Sorry, I’m not an anarchist, I’m not paranoid and I don’t trust a bunch of loons on the interwebz more than I trust the government.

By the way, if your family doctor prescribes something you don’t agree with then don’t take it. LOL

If your local pusher trys to sell you something you don't agree with don't take it either. All your arguments as usual are logic failures that do not address my points and try to put word in my mouth and then argue against that false statement, you do nothing but prove that you are nothing more than a troll. I never said I'm an anarchist and I am not. You on the other hand are a Oligarchy supporter.

Well clicking view on your ignored posts as usual has been a waste of time, so later Troll.

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 02:08:09 AM

If your local pusher trys to sell you something you don't agree with don't take it either. All your arguments as usual are logic failures that do not address my points and try to put word in my mouth and then argue against that false statement, you do nothing but prove that you are nothing more than a troll. I never said I'm an anarchist and I am not. You on the other hand are a Oligarchy supporter.

Well clicking view on your ignored posts as usual has been a waste of time, so later Troll.

Oh no, that breaks my heart sweet tits.  I hate being ignored by random strangers on the interwebz. LOL

coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 11:35:47 PM

He's still pumping

On Twitter

https://twitter.com/EMC2Whale

Checked in today and his account no longer exists. Guess he has a new name now.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
jamesclark

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 01:03:43 PM

If to talk about 2 teenagers, then i think bitcoin is best one to choose. But if they're kids i am not sure in that. Imho, they still can't handle and understand completly bitcoin and crypto.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18]  All
  Print  

Jump to: