Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:21:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The difference between government instituted currencies and Bitcoin is huge.  (Read 5067 times)
sadpandatech

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 10:48:01 AM

that' a very corny analogy..

instincts vs nature is not equal to instincts vs  concepts that are completely unnatural(i.e., money and economics are very unatural, man made concepts)

what I think is corny is posters coming into what I think is a serious opinion thread and tossing your little 2 cents that you know people will agree with, which hinders them from even considering the perspectives I or anyone attempts to articulate on the internet. this internet belittling is such a rampant phenomenon lately. but I must remain self controlled or they call you a troll.

And that's exactly all this thread became when you used that very corny analogy to state that you had no desire to view this from any other angle than the one your 'instincts' tell you is right.

So, the only one hindering anything is yourself. I see why you have such a hard time with the self responsibility aspect of a free market...

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 10:48:45 AM

You may not feel the same way.

We don't feel. We know as best/accurate as can be known.

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
memvola

Activity: 938

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 10:51:41 AM

When you have a problem with your US Dollar, SOMEONE is responsible.
When you have a problem with your Bitcoin, NO ONE is responsible.

This isn't entirely true.

The problems you would be able to hold someone responsible for do not exist in Bitcoin. The problems you wouldn't be able to hold anyone other than yourself responsible for are almost the same. So there isn't much difference, other than Bitcoin being superior.

Of course there's a chance I don't get what you mean. What problems are we talking about?

In real life, not your Bitcoin world, there is a judicial system. Where is Bitcoins court? That's for starts..

Bitcoin is in real life. What makes you think you can't sue me for e.g. stealing bitcoins? That's absurd, of course you can sue and of course you can win. I'm not an advocate of courts, but imagining that they are in a different planet is just naive.
ridgemont4 (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 10:56:18 AM

"Ok" you say. "What's your point?".. **WHOA**

To think I would make a thread without a point.. to troll.. to draw attention toward myself... Is that goal merely all I sought in sharing this opinion?

NOPE.

This is a HUGE observation.

BITCOIN is a currency that has NO CENTRAL AUTHORITY. This you might know, as most do, but do you know really what this implies and how this is NOT to your benefit?

Now you can respond and say I'm crazy, or you can actually think it through. Is this really better?

If government and people were ONE... the US dollar would be perfectly fine.. but BITCOIN being the solution? No I can't imagine that. I'm so sorry. You personally might be finding a use for it but that does not justify it on the level I am speaking.

Think about this: If the United States is failing, how is Bitcoin going to succeed? and why does the United States fail? because the people are failing. The very people you trust to manage their own Bitcoin based world. People will always be people! Bitcoin is no exception.

There *ALWAYS* need to be someone or something responsible for everything.. Bitcoin is chaos. The United States is Chaos. Why? Because people are Chaos and do not generally look for collective solutions unless a shallow inward incentive is sold to them. A shallow interpretation of freedom is that very incentive peddled upon the ignorant majority, employed/preached in every system doomed to fail.

I'm sorry Bitcoiners.. this is not going to work out logically for you.

It's been nice knowing you (not).
Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out.

Is this your informal petition to censor my opinion?

Who else will follow suit? I know that's how things work on the internet... Pretty scary that this is what you paint as liberation. but it's nothing new, America is the same false promise which ended up being just another inhabitance of the most corrupt individuals in our society.

How is Bitcoin safer than the governments who are above the little guy, abusing them? This is what I cannot see. Sorry if this offends anyone. I cannot see the true value in this operation at all.
SaintFlow

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

The first is by definition not flawed.

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 10:57:36 AM

"Ok" you say. "What's your point?".. **WHOA**

To think I would make a thread without a point.. to troll.. to draw attention toward myself... Is that goal merely all I sought in sharing this opinion?

NOPE.

This is a HUGE observation.

BITCOIN is a currency that has NO CENTRAL AUTHORITY. This you might know, as most do, but do you know really what this implies and how this is NOT to your benefit?

Now you can respond and say I'm crazy, or you can actually think it through. Is this really better?

If government and people were ONE... the US dollar would be perfectly fine.. but BITCOIN being the solution? No I can't imagine that. I'm so sorry. You personally might be finding a use for it but that does not justify it on the level I am speaking.

Think about this: If the United States is failing, how is Bitcoin going to succeed? and why does the United States fail? because the people are failing. The very people you trust to manage their own Bitcoin based world. People will always be people! Bitcoin is no exception.

There *ALWAYS* need to be someone or something responsible for everything.. Bitcoin is chaos. The United States is Chaos. Why? Because people are Chaos and do not generally look for collective solutions unless a shallow inward incentive is sold to them. A shallow interpretation of freedom is that very incentive peddled upon the ignorant majority, employed/preached in every system doomed to fail.

Is it not even more complicated? The one you deem dollar responsible: Can he push the responsibility to the next person if he fucks up?
Can he fuck up with intention and then push responsibility?
Can the one who gets responsibility continue that schema. Or assume that it is ought to be this way?

It seems that the general discussion here is centralisation versus decentralisation which is as good for a debate as christians versus atheists.
Or am I off point?

No, the united states failing is by no means shure, nor that it would be a succees for bitcoin.
Personally I suggest you can already see how bitcoin is a success. I do not see it requiring any special size for it to be a success.

Bitcoin is not just chaos. It is self organizing chaos. Best solution to a problem will prevail. It is the best solution for the moment or it will be replaced as part of the problem. I see that this can be somewhat a article of faith. But so is any centralized goverment.
The funny part is that it is not mutually exclusive. At some point in the future i will have to seriously ask myself:
Is bitcoin running ontop of a centralized world or is a centralized world running ontop of bitcoin.

don't let me make you question your assumptions
sadpandatech

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 11:03:13 AM

Who else will follow suit? I know that's how things work on the internet... Pretty scary that this is what you paint as liberation. but it's nothing new, America is the same false promise which ended up being just another inhabitance of the most corrupt individuals in our society.

How is Bitcoin safer than the governments who are above the little guy, abusing them?

no one is censoring you...... Not liking what someone has to say does not equal censorship.

And no one has any personal opinions of you because they don't know you. Any attacks against your writing are because of what you're writing.  I think it's great you have such a strong opinion. But in order to have an effecive debate or discussion. Especially one where you wish to convince others of the validitity of your side, you have to do a bit more research into both sides of the arguement.  I'd highly siggest reading the link that was posted early. I believe it was for http://mises.org

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

memvola

Activity: 938

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 11:09:14 AM

No one is censoring you. By choosing to focus on responding to non-arguments, you are censoring yourself. Smiley
sadpandatech

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 11:14:53 AM

More importantly, don't give up. If you are sincere then you will realize that in order to sway others you must first learn to make flexible your own trunk. ;p  By that I mean to say that you just have to adjust your angle of approach in your discussion. Eventually, if what you are saying is not completely crazy people will come around and have a normal, human type talk with you.

cheers

- GA

ridgemont4 (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 11:27:39 AM

More importantly, don't give up. If you are sincere then you will realize that in order to sway others you must first learn to make flexible your own trunk. ;p  By that I mean to say that you just have to adjust your angle of approach in your discussion. Eventually, if what you are saying is not completely crazy people will come around and have a normal, human type talk with you.

cheers

I hope they don't step on me before I develop that skill, as there is already one such American hating example in this thread. With that hatred will I ever be able to thrive?

Or maybe it's just destiny for opinions to be incommunicable. We're all coming from different directions with different goals. Which is why I tried to state my opinion as objectively and clearly as I knew how. Well, it wasn't good enough according to you but at least I tried right? No one is perfect.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2012, 11:31:32 AM

If people are such assholes why would you want them to rule over you in government?

Logical fallacy.

ridgemont4 (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 11:41:14 AM

If people are such assholes why would you want them to rule over you in government?

Logical fallacy.

Well, you don't. That's the point of the United States' checks and balances of power. You want them to do what they CAN do, and not step out of line with their egotistic superman or superwoman imagination.
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 11:55:33 AM

That's the point of the United States' checks and balances of power.

What checks and balances of power?

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
ridgemont4 (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 12:13:26 PM

That's the point of the United States' checks and balances of power.

What checks and balances of power?

The ones that are bought and influenced by special interest groups called humans conning other humans. It's inevitable.

There world is spiraling into chaos and reason is slowing it down. but you cannot reason with the unreasonable. inevitably, you will make a mistake in judgement, thinking you can. Like for example, electing Obama for president was a mistake in judgement I would say. he was hoping to be president and he got his dream. What did we get? nothing.
cst

Activity: 110

The Cosmos doesn't care about you.

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 06:11:34 PM

cheers

I hope they don't step on me before I develop that skill, as there is already one such American hating example in this thread. With that hatred will I ever be able to thrive?

Or maybe it's just destiny for opinions to be incommunicable. We're all coming from different directions with different goals. Which is why I tried to state my opinion as objectively and clearly as I knew how. Well, it wasn't good enough according to you but at least I tried right? No one is perfect.

So what exactly is your opinion? That Bitcoin will fail? We already got that. If that's it, just move on, because you're not going to convince anyone here.
BTW, I don't think your personal opinion can be objective, as it's "tainted" by YOUR perceptions, knowledge etc...
westkybitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 06:45:55 PM

Fine. Your opinion is noted.

See ya.

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 07:15:24 PM

The USD has devalued 98% in the last 99 years. Bitcoin has grown exponentially in 3.5 years. At the current rates, the USD will eventually become almost worthless and BTC will become almost priceless.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
jimbobway
Legendary

Activity: 1304
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 08:43:40 PM

OP is a troll.  Ranting on bitcoin in a bitcoin forum to get attention.  When bitcoin becomes $100 a coin I will be laughing.
imanikin

Activity: 702
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 09:00:20 PM

When you have a problem with your Bitcoin, YOU are responsible.
+1 Besides the response above, it's a waste of time for us to even respond to this same worn-out argument, and so many others, which have been debated and redebated here.

It's much more useful to spend the time interacting with your significant other, than pouring the same old thing from the void into the vacant with the likes of the OP...

Just keep using B, if you think it's beneficial to you, and let B speak for itself. Time will tell who's right and wrong...  Cool

jimbobway
Legendary

Activity: 1304

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 09:41:58 PM

OP, read this.  It will explain why you need to get into bitcoin:

Bitcoin  - The Libertarian Introduction
http://evoorhees.blogspot.com/2012/04/bitcoin-libertarian-introduction.html
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2012, 01:02:50 AM

Who exactly owes me for stolen cash?

If anything, the point you mention is a similarity with cash.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: