Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:37:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The difference between government instituted currencies and Bitcoin is huge.  (Read 5067 times)
ridgemont4 (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 03:47:14 PM

Look, I'll be kind because it's morning, I just woke up 30min ago, am still in a good mood after stretching my body so I'll explain it to you.

Why you don't have a point has nothing to do with the way you presented your point but everything to do with the validity of your point. Your point is invalid. Now the reason you don't think so is simple too! You lack the appropriate market regulated by strictly market consumers (i.e. free market) economics literacy. In other words you are illiterate in free market economics. And that's all there is. You just haven't learned all the economic principles most people around here know to be true not because they think so but because they test these principles over and over and over again in their daily lives and they always turn up to be true.

Now it's pointless for me to go into detail explaining what these principles are if you don't recognize your illiteracy and aren't open to learning them. If that isn't the case however you can head on over to www.mises.org and start learning, they have an amazing collection of reading material available in large part for completely free.

What material does an elephant need to learn to have the intellect to run away from shore hours BEFORE a Tsunami producing earthquake hits? See, I believe in intuition and other things. Hence I don't need to speak YOUR language to know what is true. Neither did those animals who ran from the coast hours before the earthquake. http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2011/08/25/strange-behavior-detected-in-animals-before-earthquake/

Everything living has a need, and that is the root. I can know instinctively when there is no root in something. I don't need to know economic jargon or any principles, although it WOULD make me some more literate as you mentioned. It's not necessary, in order for me to know the truth. Now we can end it here or I will gladly continue. I've got nothing to lose. Perhaps I'm wrong. Perhaps I have NO point. If so then carry on in another direction. but when it comes to mocking me, belittling my sense of understanding, or censoring my opinions.. that's when it's confirmed within me that this is a failure.

Don't sit here and try and play stupid after you went off and wrote a bunch propaganda against Bitcoin and then you sit here trying to get sympathy because you can't not express your word properly.   You are a joke,  I will give every person the ability to grow and learn, so who knows, maybe we will even be friends?   Until then, why not try reading and listening more before you come here throwing around such large opinions here that you know is going to get people on here expressing their own.  

D

Huh?? That last part was really confusing. You almost cast this horrible light on expressing opinions. I don't get it.
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2012, 03:53:08 PM

I'm sorry, I'm not knocking Bitcoin. I just don't think it's any better in theory than anything already tried before. In fact it's worse by many standards.
Remember, this is what I feel. You may not feel the same way.

I use the United States as the best example of why I believe Bitcoin is doomed to fail, even if it was truly democratic, or even worse, completely stripped of democracy which some feel is best. and why I say this is bad is because there is no more accountability of words and actions. Everything is anonymous, void of personality.. and mind me for saying this I really think it's utterly stupid, considering this fosters the rising up of a cult-like following, inevitably, where fear of the strong takes place of justice for those who are at less of an advantage in this setup.

First, list all the monetary theories you have read.   You don't even want to see my library.   I bet your using the United States because that is the "only" one you know and you live their. 

How about this, the U.S. dollar has already failed by some metrics.   Nation is close to GDP.   Is has lost 98% of its value since its current inception (FRN), even while it had a mandate to maintain purchasing power.  We have unfunded liabilities to the order or 54 trillion dollars and growing.   We import over 70% of all our finished goods.  And to top it off, we still import over 14 million barrels of oil a day, ON A DEFICIT.   

So tell me by what measure can you even compare the two?

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 03:55:57 PM

Come to the united states, we have cookies! Also, lots of debt and a promise to pay backed by a fucking massive mercenary army.

Oh- you wanted to send some cash back to the homeland? Sorry, fuck you, you are a terrorist.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Dalkore
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2012, 03:57:42 PM

That's the point of the United States' checks and balances of power.

What checks and balances of power?

The ones that are bought and influenced by special interest groups called humans conning other humans. It's inevitable.

There world is spiraling into chaos and reason is slowing it down. but you cannot reason with the unreasonable. inevitably, you will make a mistake in judgement, thinking you can. Like for example, electing Obama for president was a mistake in judgement I would say. he was hoping to be president and he got his dream. What did we get? nothing.

OH NOW HE HAS A VOICE.  YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME.    I hate trolls like this, they are the worst.

Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
Dalkore
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2012, 04:00:50 PM

sounds like you should stick with usd.  bitcoin at this point in time is not ready for Gavin's grandma but when it is perhaps you will be ready to use it.

welcome to the real world, mi amigo.  yes there is greed all around us. I argue, however, that wallstreet has more greed than bitcoiners.

Why are you speaking to me in Spanish? I'm not Hispanic. and please refrain from "welcoming" me anywhere. You are nobody besides a poster on a Bitcoin forum. What authority do you have to welcome me anywhere? and yea, argue all you want. I'm not arguing anything just stated how I feel. If my opinions offend you... well maybe you're the one who needs a reality check. Opinions are all around us. Speaking of grandmothers, my grandmother is more tolerant than some of you.

This guy is a plant, maybe someone should ban him for being disingenuous.   I am serious.

ridgemont4 (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 04:21:45 PM

sounds like you should stick with usd.  bitcoin at this point in time is not ready for Gavin's grandma but when it is perhaps you will be ready to use it.

welcome to the real world, mi amigo.  yes there is greed all around us. I argue, however, that wallstreet has more greed than bitcoiners.

Why are you speaking to me in Spanish? I'm not Hispanic. and please refrain from "welcoming" me anywhere. You are nobody besides a poster on a Bitcoin forum. What authority do you have to welcome me anywhere? and yea, argue all you want. I'm not arguing anything just stated how I feel. If my opinions offend you... well maybe you're the one who needs a reality check. Opinions are all around us. Speaking of grandmothers, my grandmother is more tolerant than some of you.

This guy is a plant, maybe someone should ban him for being disingenuous.   I am serious.

Please prove that I am a plant.. the biggest irony is you're being disingenuous even that much more. I am serious.

And this is exactly what I'm talking about when I say special interests. You've got a mining company or something going on.. Wow good for you, but to censor my opinion makes you the biased shill, or "plant". You employ yourself coming from a biased standpoint. Get real. If anything is bad about Bitcoin and the world in general, it's exactly people like you.
Dalkore
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2012, 04:41:06 PM

This guy is a plant, maybe someone should ban him for being disingenuous.   I am serious.

Please prove that I am a plant.. the biggest irony is you're being disingenuous even that much more. I am serious.

And this is exactly what I'm talking about when I say special interests. You've got a mining company or something going on.. Wow good for you, but to censor my opinion makes you the biased shill, or "plant". You employ yourself coming from a biased standpoint. Get real. If anything is bad about Bitcoin and the world in general, it's exactly people like you.

Ok, you want to call me out, I will explain my reasoning.   Just read the totality of all your posts on this thread and see how you tactic changed from post to post trying every little angle to see what is effective.  At first you were this mis-understood person that JUST couldn't get the words out so we could have sympathy.  Then as more of the serious members come in and start challenging you, slowly (a miracle), you got your voice and your opinion got more and more complex right before out eyes.   It vastly expanded, like magic.   Now you a full grown man or women, with lots of big words and structure sentences. 

Now, to the point you made about my mining company.  I mine for two reasons, I can do it profitably (sustainable at the moment) and it supports the network.  I actually first mined in the Spring of 2010 when I heard about this concept and thought it was going to just be a hobby project, wow, look at us now.   I actually have not actually used my words thus far to push anyone in either direction when we are talking about BTC in this thread.   People can do what they want, I was just address these comments you are throwing around.   I actually have seen this post for a little bit and wasn't going to read it because I knew this was what is was going to be.   Guess what, I was right, shame on me.

D

ridgemont4 (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 04:49:08 PM

Ok, you want to call me out, I will explain my reasoning.   Just read the totality of all your posts on this thread and see how you tactic changed from post to post trying every little angle to see what is effective.  At first you were this mis-understood person that JUST couldn't get the words out so we could have sympathy.  Then as more of the serious members come in and start challenging you, slowly (a miracle), you got your voice and your opinion got more and more complex right before out eyes.   It vastly expanded, like magic.   Now you a full grown man or women, with lots of big words and structure sentences.  

Now, to the point you made about my mining company.  I mine for two reasons, I can do it profitably (sustainable at the moment) and it supports the network.  I actually first mined in the Spring of 2010 when I heard about this concept and thought it was going to just be a hobby project, wow, look at us now.   I actually have not actually used my words thus far to push anyone in either direction when we are talking about BTC in this thread.   People can do what they want, I was just address these comments you are throwing around.   I actually have seen this post for a little bit and wasn't going to read it because I knew this was what is was going to be.   Guess what, I was right, shame on me.

D

Let me know when you find a perfect human being.
and please tell me what makes me any less serious than others who you believe to be serious? do you have the place to declare that?
Yeah and I sort of knew what would happen before making this thread. I guess we all stumble from time to time. Shame on me as well?
Dalkore
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2012, 04:50:48 PM

That is your response, give me a break.   That is what I thought.   

ridgemont4 (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 04:51:54 PM

That is your response, give me a break.   That is what I thought.   

Is there a number of words requirement?
Dalkore
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2012, 04:53:26 PM

Nope, just a content requirement.

sadpandatech

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 04:54:45 PM

No offense to either one of you, OP or the person I am about to reference if the answer is no. But are you Luke-jr?

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
ridgemont4 (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 04:56:03 PM

No offense to either one of you, OP or the person I am about to reference if the answer is no. But are you Luke-jr?

Am I Luke-jr? No.. I'm ridgemont4.
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2012, 02:11:50 AM

Good job, you've identified a critical failure in Bitcoin that nobody has ever though of before.

Before the entire system collapses there's still time for you to send all your Bitcoins to the address in my signature line so they won't take you down with it.

and likewise, good job to you, for being the first person to identify the power of mocking at the truth through a false founded sarcasm based on ignorant rhetoric.

Now I am confused....I thought the OP made a blatant attempt to get people to sell Bitcoins and the second poster demonstrated (rather hilariously) how to more directly connecting the dots...

Or was the OP serious?  I didn't see an actual argument in the original post...

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
ridgemont4 (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 06:26:08 AM
Last edit: June 27, 2012, 06:41:15 AM by ridgemont4

Good job, you've identified a critical failure in Bitcoin that nobody has ever though of before.

Before the entire system collapses there's still time for you to send all your Bitcoins to the address in my signature line so they won't take you down with it.

and likewise, good job to you, for being the first person to identify the power of mocking at the truth through a false founded sarcasm based on ignorant rhetoric.

Now I am confused....I thought the OP made a blatant attempt to get people to sell Bitcoins and the second poster demonstrated (rather hilariously) how to more directly connecting the dots...

Or was the OP serious?  I didn't see an actual argument in the original post...

That's because not every opinion is an argument. I know, the English speaking internet has trouble grasping this concept lately. I'm not sure what percentage of the internet has had the experience of participating in a conversation within their lifetime.

Anyone can assert anything. I think what I really meant was something else. That's the beauty of a conversation. It builds until eventually you come to self realization of why you are speaking. I know why I wrote a thread, it was because something was bothering me about Bitcoin. I know why I compare it to other currencies and leaned on casting a darker light on Bitcoin. Why? because I want to know what you think makes Bitcoins better. Some posters have given long responses as to why, but forgive me for giving an outsiders opinion, regardless if it's been given countless times before. Forgive me if I cannot express myself well. I'm not trying to find sympathy from anyone. I'm not at your mercy at the end of the day, and I think it's that very arrogance which hinders any system from being useful to humanity. Is Bitcoin essentially elitist? then stop portraying it as filling a need. If you do that, I am inclined to think I'd rather stick with something that has a more official backing. I don't fight a war by creating a better system. I fight a war by FIGHTING THE WAR. Cowards go off and start new... but a true servant to liberation dies on the very land they are protecting.

I'm sure many will think my opinions are junk, and cluttering the board. If that's how you truly feel, then fine. Please no longer respond to this thread and it will go away.

Maybe I'm wrong about everything, and you're all right about everything.
memvola

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 02:40:06 PM

That's because not every opinion is an argument. I know, the English speaking internet has trouble grasping this concept lately. I'm not sure what percentage of the internet has had the experience of participating in a conversation within their lifetime.

The problem is not that in my opinion. When I go to a bar and start conversing (which is often not in English), and present my opinion, and someone takes me seriously enough to create an elaborate and well-thought response (be it right or wrong, honesty and effort is what counts), I can't just say "well I'm not convinced" without addressing any points they made. I've been in circles where that kind of interaction wasn't frowned upon, but good conversations just don't happen in such environments.
ridgemont4 (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 02:41:11 PM

The problem is not that in my opinion. When I go to a bar and start conversing (which is often not in English), and present my opinion, and someone takes me seriously enough to create an elaborate and well-thought response (be it right or wrong, honesty and effort is what counts), I can't just say "well I'm not convinced" without addressing any points they made. I've been in circles where that kind of interaction wasn't frowned upon, but good conversations just don't happen in such environments.

Too bad because that's reality. Opinions are merciless. Plus, I'm actually being much more humane about it than I need be. Partially because I don't want to be banned, which is pretty sad in itself. but also because I'm playing the devils advocate to an extent, by giving a vantage point of what I know certain outsiders would think about Bitcoin. Those kind of people won't tell you what they feel, because they're afraid to be in the position I'm in right now.. the line of fire. If I feel it, I'll probably say it. Even though I said I was advocating for others, I also feel this way. It is what it is. That's just life and the only way you can stop it is if you kill me.
memvola

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 02:58:36 PM

Partially because I don't want to be banned, which is pretty sad in itself.

It's not plausible to think anybody will ban you for anything you say in these forums. It just won't happen. If you create a lot of identities and a lot of junk threads, then maybe. But not for opinions.

Opinions are merciless.

<snip>

That's just life and the only way you can stop it is if you kill me.

Atlas?
ridgemont4 (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 03:22:51 PM

Partially because I don't want to be banned, which is pretty sad in itself.

It's not plausible to think anybody will ban you for anything you say in these forums. It just won't happen. If you create a lot of identities and a lot of junk threads, then maybe. But not for opinions.

Opinions are merciless.

<snip>

That's just life and the only way you can stop it is if you kill me.

Atlas?

Stop asking me if I'm somebody else. There's no way to prove it anyway. Why bother? I can't prove I'm not.
jimbobway
Legendary

Activity: 1304
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 04:06:21 PM

This guy is a plant, maybe someone should ban him for being disingenuous.   I am serious.

What is even more shocking is he is not a plant and actually believes and acts this way in real life.  I think a lot of people here are trying to explain to him how bitcoin works but he has a victim mentality and believes the forum and all of humanity is trying to get him.  In fact, on one of my posts I was actually agreeing with him but he played the victim and argued with me. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: