Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:42:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A detailed Comparison {Work In Progress}  (Read 2187 times)
aacoins (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Run a Full Node-Just Do It!

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 03:05:21 AM
Last edit: January 06, 2015, 05:19:48 AM by aacoins

Hello, First off I would like to take the time to say thanks for reading, their is a lot of effort going into this post to try and make it accurate and informative.

I am going to take the time to list all of the major ASIC mining equipment Available. I would like to let everyone know I am very biased I normally only buy Bitmaintech equipment, but I will try and keep my opinions limited to the opinion section.
Revamping this thread so please reply, or PM me any information you think should be added and I'm going to try my hardest to add it.
Hardware for Sha-256
Guide:
For all of the Companies listed in the table a Highlight of varying color defines their trustworthiness. I did not take the time to do this completly myself as a very trusted member has already done so see Dogie's Comprehensive Manufacturer Trustworthiness Guide His rankings are used to compute the companies standings as follows:
  • Major Company Issues<69
  • Problematic Company or Startup=70-74
  • Minor Company Issues=75-84
  • Company in Good Standing=85+
To determine the cost effectiveness of hardware I used a formula as follows:
Code:
Unit Price / Gh/s + Watts / Gh/s
For some products I didn't even worry about putting all the information is because they were obviously Not cost effective
  • NOT COST EFFECTIVE=1.32+
  • POSSIBLE ROI=1.21-1.31
  • EVENTUAL ROI=1.01-1.20(Highlight to aid visibility)
  • HIGHEST POI CHANCE=<1.0

Company                         Product                   Hashpower   Power Usage        Ebay   Amazon   Manufacturer               Support Thread

Bitmaintech                Antminer S1                 180Gh/s        355W           $50USED$55USED$220NEWN/AOFFICIAL    Underclocking     Overclocking  Dogie's Guide

Bitmaintech                Antminer S2                 1000Gh/s      1000W            

Bitmaintech                Antminer S3                 441Gh/s        350W              

Bitmaintech                Antminer S4                 2000Gh/s      1380W            

Bitmaintech                Antminer S5                 1155Gh/s      590W              408

Bitmaintech                Antminer C1                 1008Gh/s      806W              375

Bitmaintech                Antminer U1                 1.6Gh/s         2W          

Bitmaintech                Antminer U2                  2Gh/s           2.95W            

Bitmaintech                Antminer U3                 63Gh/s          50W            

Spondooliestech              SP-10                      1400Gh/s        1385W*5               2695

Spondooliestech              SP-20                      1700Gh/s        1200W               795

Spondooliestech              SP-30                      4500Gh/s        3000W*5               5395

Spondooliestech              SP-31                      4900Gh/s        3000W               3920

Spondooliestech              SP-35                      5500Gh/s        3650W               3595

ASICMiner                       BE USB                    0.333Gh/s        XW              

ASICMiner                    BE V1 Blade                12.8Gh/s        120W              

ASICMiner                    BE V2 Blade                10.7Gh/s        100W              

ASICMiner                    BE V3 Cubes                30Gh/s        200W              

ASICMiner                      BE Tubes                   830Gh/s        900W              

ASICMiner                     BE Prisma                 1480Gh/s        1100W              

Prices in chart may need tinkering this is taking a while to compile as is so please excuse this fact. Thanks Smiley

EDIT 2015: Doing a lot of changes as I have some more time now as the holidays have calmed down.

Equipment Specs Breakdown
Guide:
Colors
  • Green=I recommend for anyone
  • Yellow=I recommend for those not concerened with power consumption
  • Orange=I recommend for those who are willing to wait a little longer for ROI
  • Red=I do not recommend for profitability purposes
Glowing:
    Red=On Preorder no one has received yet
    Green=Announced
    Yellow=On or has been on Preorder shipping has commenced
    BITMAINTECH
    • Website
    • Opened Early 2013
    • Public Launch November 2013
    • Shipment Status: Up to Date with no major complaints

Antminer S1
    Algo: sha-256
    Hash rate: 180 GH/s*4
    Power consumption: ~360 Watts 2W / Gh/s
    Power supply: 3 +12V DC input Requires 2 6 pin PCIe Connectors
    Chip Size:
    Size:  135 mm x 155 mm x 300 mm
    Network connection: Ethernet Cable / WIFI
    Cooling: 12cm PWM fans and customized heat sink
    Current Prices: USED Ebay ~$50 Amazon ~$75 NEW Amazon ~$219

Profitability: This is one of the lowest prices you can get per Gh/s but the power consumption is high compared to newer more energy efficient chips. On average at this time this miner will make ~$0.75 a day mining but will cost*1  $1.07 to run it. If you are not paying for power or are mining an altcoin*2 such as any sha-256 altcoin this miner could still be profitable for you.

Opinion: I have a bunch of s1's and am slowly trading them for more efficient s3's I currently can only use them to mine altcoins to remain profitable. The only issue I have with s1's is on a normal 20 amp breaker you can run 5 of these and that is with nothing else on the circuit. If my power was cheaper or I had free power I would stock up on these cheap Gh/s'

Antminer S2
    Hash rate: 1000 GH/s or 1Th/s*4
    Power consumption: ~1040 Watts or ~1W / Gh/s*5
    Power supply: PSU: 1000W produced by Enermax, 80PLUS gold included in case
    Chip Size: 55nm process
    Size:  4U Rack
    Network connection: Ethernet Cable
    Cooling:
    Current Prices: USED Ebay ~$600 Amazon ~$600 NEW Amazon ~$800

Profitability: This is one of the highest price per Gh/s currently, at least for used miners. On average at this time this miner will make ~$4 a day mining but will cost*1  $3.33 to run it. Out of the gate this unit is profitable but for bitcoin*2 it would take nearly 2000 days to ROI If you are not paying for power or are mining an altcoin*2 such as sha-256 altcoin this miner could still be profitable for you.

Opinion: I have never owned an S2 money just was not right during any of the orginal sales of this item and the unit pricing is still !!WAY!! to high for it to be profitable and I am not making the investment. My sugestion is for you to not do so either but it is from my research a very high quality machine and that may be part of the reason for the pricing.

Antminer S3
    Hash rate: 441 GH/s*4
    Power consumption: ~355 Watts or 0.8W / Gh/s
    Power supply: 12V DC Requires 2-6pin PCIe Connectors or 4 to overclock
    Chip Size: 28nm process
    Size:  331 mm x 137 mm x 160 mm
    Cooling: Two 14038 fans mounted on both front and back ends.
    Current Prices: USED Ebay ~$200 Amazon ~$255 NEW Amazon ~$280 Bitmaintech ~$199

Profitability: This unit is currently a decent unit for ROI. On average at this time this miner will make ~$1.76 a day mining but will cost*1  $1.07 to run it. Out of the gate this unit is profitable but for bitcoin*2 it would take nearly 289 days to ROI If you are not paying for power or are mining an altcoin*2 such as sha-256 altcoin this miner could be more profitable for you. One of the best plans for the s3 is bulk buying. You will still have the same expected ROI but it leaves you a higher profit percentage afterwords.

Opinion: I am currently buying up all the s3's I can get my hands on for less than $200. The reason for this is I have power discounts due to kwh/month and I am using these only for altcoins. I like the s3 and they run very well and are extremely easy to set up (as are all the antminers) This should definitely be something you look at when thinking about purchasing mining hardware.

Antminer S4
    Hash rate: 2,000GH/s guaranteed or 2Th/s*4
    Power consumption: ~1380 Watts or 0.69W / Gh/s
    Power supply: 1400W, 80PLUS gold, C14 input socket Included inside. Power line not included.
    Size:  3U Rack  432mm*442mm*133mm
    Cooling: 4 Fans undefined-Fan Speed: 3900RPM
    Current Prices: NEW Ebay ~$1000   Amazon ~$1089 Bitmaintech ~$1200

Profitability: This unit is currently a decent unit for ROI. On average at this time this miner will make ~$8.07 a day mining but will cost*1  ~$4.14 to run it. Out of the gate this unit is profitable but for bitcoin*2 it would take nearly 254 days to ROI If you are not paying for power or are mining an altcoin*2 such as sha-256 altcoin this miner could be more profitable for you. Currently this unit is great if you are paying for your own power at only 0.69w / Gh/s

Opinion: I am currently waiting on 2 s4's to ship to me (Should be here before christmas) I think these units would be great for a hosting company due to their low power draw and inboard PCU. They are also great for space consumption with their 3U size. I strongly recomend this unit if you can wait 254 days for ROI or mine something other than bitcoin.

Antminer C1
    Hash rate: 1,008 GH/s guaranteed or 1+Th/s*4
    Power consumption: ~806 Watts or 0.8W / Gh/s
    Power supply: DC 12V 4 PCIe Connectors required
    Size:  331 mm x 137 mm x 160 mm(Appx)
    Cooling: One 14038 Fan working with water cooling block (Pump tubing and radiator not included)
    Current Prices: NEW Ebay ~$400+   Amazon ~$425 Bitmaintech ~$375

Profitability: This unit is currently a decent unit for ROI. On average at this time this miner will make ~$5.55 a day mining but will cost*1  ~$3.13 to run it. Out of the gate this unit is profitable but for bitcoin*2 it would take nearly 154 days to ROI If you are not paying for power or are mining an altcoin*2 such as sha-256 altcoin this miner could be more profitable for you. Currently this unit is a great value and has a low ROI compared to some of the other miners in the pack at a $375 price. only issue is supplying the required cooling parts to complete this miner.

Opinion: I plan on buying at least 1 of these before the end of 2014, these seem to be great machines and If you by chance have a water cooler set up for GPU's this is a great way to continue making money off of it. If not it is still a good idea. Water cooling rocks!

Antminer U1
    Hash rate: 1.6 GH/s *4
    Power consumption: ~2 Watts or 1.2W / Gh/s
    Power supply: USB
    Chip Size:
    Size:  60 mm x 25 mm x 20 mm
    Network connection: USB plug and play
    Cooling: USB stick with no cooling ability
    Current Prices: USED Ebay ~$20   Amazon ~$30

Profitability: This unit is for novelty or getting your feet wet only. Do not buy this for profitability.

Opinion: They're a cool idea but even on the best of altcoins these will never ROI. They are cool and I have a few that I intend on adding to my up and coming "Mining Museum" But would never use these to make any money. It's not worth nor will it ever be.

Antminer U2
    Hash rate: 2 GH/s *4
    Power consumption: ~2.95 Watts or 1.5W / Gh/s
    Power supply: USB
    Chip Size:
    Size:  60 mm x 25 mm x 15 mm
    Network connection: USB plug and play
    Cooling: Heat sink only
    Current Prices: USED Ebay ~$20   NEW Amazon ~$30

Profitability: This unit is for novelty or getting your feet wet only. Do not buy this for profitability.

Opinion: They're a cool idea but even on the best of altcoins these will never ROI. They are cool and I have some similar ones that I intend on adding to my up and coming "Mining Museum" But would never use these to make any money. It's not worth nor will it ever be.

Antminer L1
    Algo: Scrypt
    Hash rate: 120 Mh/s
    Power consumption: ~380 Watts
    Power supply: 2 PCIe Connectors*5
    Chip Size: 28nm
    Size:  Undisclosed
    Network connection: WiFi/Ethernet*5
    Cooling: Undisclosed
    Current Prices: None for sale at this time

Profitability: This unit could be vary profitable at its advertised $5/Mh/s however at this time bitmaintech is not relaying a lot of information. They have a proven track record, but they may have put too much on their plate with this one we will see.

Opinion: They have until 12/31/2014 to send the first miner out to make their deadline anything after that will result in me changing their information above as well as being incredibly disappointed with them. This section will be updated as information becomes available.
    [IDEA SCRATCHED PRE-ORDERS RETURNED/EXCHANGED]

NOT COMPLETED JUST HAVE TO GET SOME SLEEP WILL CONTINUE WRITING TONIGHT PLEASE LEAVE ME SOME COMMENTS ABOUT STUFF I SHOULD ALSO INCLUDE OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT. THANKS!

TO COME-ADD SPONDOOLIE BFL ASICMINER AND MORE

Useful Information Provided By:
    Zelek Uther
    dogie
    mavericklm

*1I am using a local price of 12.5 cents per kwh I suggest you research local power rates and use www.coinwarz.com to calculate your own profitability
    *2Mining altcoins is a risk bearing endeavor and requires close monitoring of the market. It also does not strengthen the bitcoin blockchain and is solely for profit. I no way endorse mining altcoins and am not responsible for any losses due to altcoin mining.
    *3I am not taking difficulty changes or changes in network hash rate
    *4Overclocking is possible but not taken into account with this number
    *5Information provided by Zelek Uther
    *6This line is a educated guess do to statements by bitmaintech of its similarity to s1[/list]

BTC-1AacoiNQXHJtsVuTFZRZnX6iGXtFgHHYae
    XPY-PAACoin14KZNe2sPcpFUH4SDah6LkbqPsF
    Tip Jar Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
    Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
    Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
    Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
    Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
    dogie
    Legendary

Activity: 1666
    Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
    December 19, 2014, 04:46:33 PM

Have a look in my sig for what other current hardware you can add. Its pretty full down there Tongue

aacoins (OP)

View Profile
    December 19, 2014, 07:17:40 PM

Have a look in my sig for what other current hardware you can add. Its pretty full down there Tongue
    Dogie REPLIED TO MY THREAD! You're my hero man I have read every single one of your tutorials/information threads. Haha you are the mining expert of Bitcointalk man! I will definitely use your sig as a guidebook. Finishing up Bitmaintech right now.

Tip Jar Smiley
    mavericklm

Activity: 742
    Merit: 500

View Profile
    December 19, 2014, 07:44:10 PM
    Last edit: December 20, 2014, 11:42:33 AM by mavericklm

u may want to:
    take out xpy as this coin may not exist in few years, just use sha256 altcoins
    add manufacturing processes

that yellow is crap, can't read the letters well!
    Zelek Uther

Activity: 700
    Merit: 504

Run a Bitcoin node.

View Profile
    December 19, 2014, 07:49:37 PM

Bitmain Opened Early 2013 - while this is true, we didn't hear about it until 11 Nov 2013 (see their announcement thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=330665.msg3546362#msg3546362). I think it would be more helpful to list the announcement date for each company, because prior to that they were unknown to the community. For example, in June 2013 (from my memory) my order/pre-order options were ASICMINER, Bitfury?, BFL, KnCMiner... certainly not Bitmain.

S2 - I actually get 1J/GH at the wall with my S2. I'm getting 1TH/s for about 1,040W at the wall.

Typos / suggestions:
    Oppinion -> Opinion
    *2require -> requires
    "am responsible for no losses". The usual wording is "am not responsible for any losses".
    *4taking -> taken

Run a Bitcoin node, support the network.
    aacoins (OP)

View Profile
    December 19, 2014, 07:53:00 PM

u may want to:
    take out xpy as this coin may not exist in few years, just use sha256 altcoins
    add manufacturing processes

Changed XPY added chip size and researching manufacturing process

Tip Jar Smiley
    aacoins (OP)

View Profile
    December 19, 2014, 08:00:22 PM

Bitmain Opened Early 2013 - while this is true, we didn't hear about it until 11 Nov 2013 (see their announcement thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=330665.msg3546362#msg3546362). I think it would be more helpful to list the announcement date for each company, because prior to that they were unknown to the community. For example, in June 2013 (from my memory) my order/pre-order options were ASICMINER, Bitfury?, BFL, KnCMiner... certainly not Bitmain.

S2 - I actually get 1J/GH at the wall with my S2. I'm getting 1TH/s for about 1,040W at the wall.

Typos / suggestions:
    Oppinion -> Opinion
    *2require -> requires
    "am responsible for no losses". The usual wording is "am not responsible for any losses".
    *4taking -> taken

Thanks for your information added Public Launch for Bitmaintech and updated the s2 inforamtion as well as fixed the typos Thank you very much!

EDIT: Also added a thank you section for everyone who helps out Smiley

Tip Jar Smiley
    aacoins (OP)

View Profile
    December 20, 2014, 05:32:22 AM

I have officially finished bitmaintech and will continue tomorrow!

Tip Jar Smiley
    Tupsu
    Legendary

Activity: 1218
    Merit: 1003

View Profile
    December 20, 2014, 09:52:49 AM

I have officially finished bitmaintech and will continue tomorrow!

Write  better from things, that you have seen.

Antminer S3
    Cooling: Two 14038 fans mounted on both front and back ends.

Power supply: 12V DC Requires 2-6pin PCIe Connectors or 4 to overclock

Antminer S4

Cooling: 2 Fans undefined-Fan Speed: 3900RPM

S4 Fan Specification
    http://www.perearstike.ee/avatar/S4vent.png

Antminer C1
    Cooling: One 14038 Fan working with water cooling block (Pump tubing and radiator not included)
    Power consumption:~806 Watts  or 0.8W / Gh/s

aacoins (OP)

View Profile
    January 05, 2015, 11:46:22 PM

Doing a lot of changes to the original OP, Will be adding a complete list of equipment to my knowledge as well as Cloud mining comparison and a lot more, have it all saved in a note pad for me to continue adding to it, but this is the most stable and readable version, In the note pad I have also added the following collums:
    EBAY Price
    Amazon Price
    Manufacturer Price
    Official Support Thread
    Overclocking thread(best)
    Underclocking Thread(best)
    Dogie's Guide

Please comment any sugestions you may have I would like to compile the best list to aid anyone here on the forum, kind of a good starting point for some people.

Thanks!

Tip Jar Smiley
    Zelek Uther

Activity: 700
    Merit: 504

Run a Bitcoin node.

View Profile
    January 06, 2015, 12:11:21 AM

Some adjustments for the Spondoolies-Tech units:

SP10: 1.4TH/s @ 1385W (from my own measurements at the wall)
    SP30: 4.5TH/s @ 3000W (from my own measurements at the wall)
    SP31: 4.9TH/s @ 3000W (from https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=521520.msg9909791#msg9909791)
    SP35: 5.5TH/s @ 3650W (from https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=521520.msg9909791#msg9909791)

All Spondoolies-Tech miners are very configurable and can be underclocked to improve efficiency. For example, for a while I was running my SP10 in "quiet" mode at 1.2TH/s drawing 910W (0.76 J/GH).

Run a Bitcoin node, support the network.
    Prelude
    Legendary

Activity: 1596
    Merit: 1000

View Profile
    January 06, 2015, 01:06:48 AM

S4 has 4 fans, not 2.
    sudexx

Activity: 70

View Profile
    January 06, 2015, 02:05:37 AM

For ebay prices you can point here.

aacoins (OP)

View Profile
    January 06, 2015, 02:19:47 AM

SP31: 4.9TH/s @ 3000W (from https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=521520.msg9909791#msg9909791)
    SP35: 5.5TH/s @ 3650W (from https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=521520.msg9909791#msg9909791)

All Spondoolies-Tech miners are very configurable and can be underclocked to improve efficiency. For example, for a while I was running my SP10 in "quiet" mode at 1.2TH/s drawing 910W (0.76 J/GH).

Thank you for your continued support in information, I try to pull factory specs until I can get some more personal info!

For ebay prices you can point here.

THANKS! That link will also come in handy personally as well!

S4 has 4 fans, not 2.

Thanks for that, that was typed ao long ago i cant remember if it was a typo or a copy and paste error or what but, I will change it!

Thanks everybody Im on my phone right now but tonight I will be using all of these, please keep the ideas and information coming!

Tip Jar Smiley
    Beastlymac

Activity: 630
    Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
    January 06, 2015, 03:44:31 AM

Check
    "HIGHEST POI CHANCE=<1.0"

The P instead of an R

Also it looks like you have repeated the table closure tag twice.

Message me if you have any problems
    aacoins (OP)

View Profile
    January 06, 2015, 05:20:12 AM

Check
    "HIGHEST POI CHANCE=<1.0"

The P instead of an R

Also it looks like you have repeated the table closure tag twice.

POI is Profit on Investment compared to Return on Investment, thanks for looking out tho, I may need to add that somewhere in my post incase more people are of the same suspicion you are.

[/table] damn, right in the middle of everything I'm ending a never existing second table Smiley Thanks

Addedyour personal measurements to the table with the same * as before and just so everyone knows I'm not stupid http://www.spondoolies-tech.com/products/sp31-yukon-october-batch-1 SPTech needs to have this page removed from their website as it is where I got the wrong info for the SP31

And all other information taken into account and edited as well thanks guys!

Tip Jar Smiley
    -ck
    Legendary

Activity: 4102
    Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
    January 06, 2015, 08:59:00 AM

Don't forget Avalon/Canaan creative

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
    2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
    -ck
    aacoins (OP)

View Profile
    January 06, 2015, 01:26:14 PM

Of course not, just very busy so doing as much editing as possible in the nights/afternoons when I can and updating regularly. Much more to come, Possible revamp again tonight Tongue

Thanks for your input!

Tip Jar Smiley
    Beastlymac

Activity: 630
    Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
    January 06, 2015, 01:36:23 PM

Of course not, just very busy so doing as much editing as possible in the nights/afternoons when I can and updating regularly. Much more to come, Possible revamp again tonight Tongue

Thanks for your input!

Check the [/list] tag at the end of the post.

Message me if you have any problems
      Pages: [1]
        Print  

Jump to: