Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:37:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MGT] Magnetz - Blockchain Torrents - Piratebay Replacer. (ICO, x13)  (Read 43362 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
SalimNagamato
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 06:57:52 AM

idea like this should be for free, without ico, without premine

not hashing, folding and curing (check FLDC merged-folding! reuse good GPUs)
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cashclash

Activity: 86
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 07:16:53 AM

yes and i also fail to see how 'semi' manualy filtering is a payable job and why not just use tribler
WilderX

Activity: 597
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 07:36:54 AM

yes and i also fail to see how 'semi' manualy filtering is a payable job and why not just use tribler

If seeding and uploading quality content would be rewarded with cryptocurrency then the torrent network could grow more massive than ever as people would be motivated to share and seed. Better than tribler or any other.

MAGNETZ (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 08:40:27 AM

Magnetz whitepaper coming out today! Stay tuned.

EDIT: One more round of FUD moderation done. Please keep it civil.
KeyserSozeMC

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2014, 08:49:42 AM
Last edit: December 27, 2014, 09:00:27 AM by KeyserSozeMC

Civil? Oh come on, "Carol". Your English and that "Carol's" English, from STB ANN is the same.

This is civilized.

Prove me wrong or I'll make sure everyone knows how you delete "FUD".

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
SimkoMiner

Activity: 925
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 09:06:09 AM

Civil? Oh come on, "Carol". Your English and that "Carol's" English, from STB ANN is the same.

This is civilized.

Prove me wrong or I'll make sure everyone knows how you delete "FUD".

My previous fud note was also deleted. Good job DEV cleaning FUD from this thread.
ErnieRox

Activity: 222
Merit: 101

Novus ordo seclorum

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 09:12:04 AM

STB Dev/scammer what's the news? lol  Tongue
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 09:21:18 AM

something something fud and shit.
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 09:24:11 AM

seriously though, i have a few questions for you guys...has this been tested with uploading/downloading torrents? and if so how does it affect the speed? also what is your plan in dealing with a monster blockchain that something like this would create?
romawi

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 09:28:15 AM

One more round of FUD moderation done. Please keep it civil.

hi carol, will you marry me. I love rich women.  Tongue

ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2014, 09:31:31 AM

seriously though, i have a few questions for you guys...has this been tested with uploading/downloading torrents? and if so how does it affect the speed? also what is your plan in dealing with a monster blockchain that something like this would create?

Nope, its not working yet

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
Strahd

Activity: 47

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 10:20:37 AM

this coin had a bad start from the beginning Sad

fail at launch, supernova pool got wallet 2 hours before github..

fail at all Sad
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2014, 10:24:23 AM

this coin had a bad start from the beginning Sad

fail at launch, supernova pool got wallet 2 hours before github..

fail at all Sad

whats the problem here ? i launched right on time and at block 4 or 5 ...

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
MAGNETZ (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 10:49:55 AM

The only thing that is added to the blockchain is the the torrents magnet link,  which is really just a string (something close to a tx id). The blockchain won't be that bigger.

About the torrent speed. Please keep in mind that there won't be any client built in the wallet. You will click in the blockchain's magnet links and it will open your torrenr client. (Like you did with pirate bay )
pnoch

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 11:24:23 AM
Last edit: December 27, 2014, 11:36:35 AM by pnoch

This is civilized. Please answer those question before you delete the post again.

Battareus

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 12:07:30 PM

No more FUD coins, please, community need to breath and sleep with no fear of lost.
MAGNETZ (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 01:19:18 PM

This is civilized. Please answer those question before

Hey pnoch, thank you for takong a time to breath and stop the FUD for a bit. What are the questions you want answered? Is there anything you can't fing by looking at pur roadmap? Pleasr make a list of questions that are nit FUD/ market to other coins and we will gladly answer them.
pnoch

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 01:34:04 PM

Hey pnoch, thank you for takong a time to breath and stop the FUD for a bit. What are the questions you want answered? Is there anything you can't fing by looking at pur roadmap? Pleasr make a list of questions that are nit FUD/ market to other coins and we will gladly answer them.

Since your code is an exactly duplicate of the torrentcoin, so you or your 'dev team' isn't really using torrentcoin as 'codebase' but simply a clone of it.

Where is the real work of your 'dev team' may I ask?

Why ICO before you even have a single line of code of your own?

MAGNETZ (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 02:27:46 PM

Since your code is an exactly duplicate of the torrentcoin, so you or your 'dev team' isn't really using torrentcoin as 'codebase' but simply a clone of it.

When I said codebase in the previous code I was referring to cloning. That's what 90% of the coins do when they start. People seem to take it less seriously when it's a PoS clone but we have no idea why.

About coding and the ICO. The coin code is final, we are not thinking about hardforking magnetz anytime soon and that's why we choose torrentcoin to start with. Because it already has what we needed (blockchain code-wise) built -in and that way we could focus on building the most important thing of the ecosystem which is the blockchain torrent search engine.
That's what the team as been working on and that's where most of the ICO funds will go, we have the code 70% ready to be deployed in an alpha phase but the graphics look horrible  (very TPB like) and we need to hire someone to do that job, we also need to pay the guys already working on it.

But every little thing I'm describing here is already stated on the roadmap. We were careful enough to prepare the timeline for development so investors didn't have any doubts on what they are investing in.
pnoch

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 03:17:23 PM

When I said codebase in the previous code I was referring to cloning. That's what 90% of the coins do when they start. People seem to take it less seriously when it's a PoS clone but we have no idea why.

About coding and the ICO. The coin code is final, we are not thinking about hardforking magnetz anytime soon and that's why we choose torrentcoin to start with. Because it already has what we needed (blockchain code-wise) built -in and that way we could focus on building the most important thing of the ecosystem which is the blockchain torrent search engine.
That's what the team as been working on and that's where most of the ICO funds will go, we have the code 70% ready to be deployed in an alpha phase but the graphics look horrible  (very TPB like) and we need to hire someone to do that job, we also need to pay the guys already working on it.

But every little thing I'm describing here is already stated on the roadmap. We were careful enough to prepare the timeline for development so investors didn't have any doubts on what they are investing in.

It is very hard (almost impossible) to believe that you and your 'dev team' have any capabilities to achieve just half of what you are promising based on the lack of work and quality on the wallet itself. (complete clone from dead scam coin)

One would expect much more with the wallet (since it is the only thing you have available to show) from a team of developer asking 55btc up front for their work.

If you really have 70% of the code ready to be deployed in an alpha phase as you said (even with horrible graphics) why don't you just show us any part of the work to proof that there is any truth in what you are claiming at all.

And please explain how your currency MGT will be related to 'the blockchain torrent search engine'  and why it should be priced at 733 satoshi and not 20 satoshi.

Lastly, why ICO especially with nothing ready and why not just started the project with some premine for development funds (if you are confident of your project).

In my opinion, your plan with this ICO is already a success with 7btc, the amount you received is already more than what you should have got from just cloning of old dead scam coin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: