Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:33:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 [197] 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 ... 295 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH  (Read 450905 times)
dog1965

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 09:01:25 AM

Strange, my s5 working with nicehash for weeks and no problem at all.
About control board: try reflashing firmware without save settings. Sometimes that helps get rid of problems

I've heard this before but all I can say is that for me Nicehash doesn't work even with new firmware.

That's because nicehash sucks you could not pay me to mine on that site !!!!

What are you talking about?  Nicehash's average payout over the last month is 102% after fees and you get paid for all shares you submit every 6 hours.  
Currently my 18TH/sec is earning around 130% of expected norm and has been for a couple of days now.

I can't see why you wouldn't mine on Nicehash full time to be honest.

Yuck shithash !!!!

I make more on antpool and f2pool than that crap site to many HW errors for me. Like I said you cant pay me to mine there.

um no you dont..
f2pool pays out 0.01014056 BTC / Thash/s  
MINUS 4%. which is 0.0097349376 BTC / Thash/s..

way less then nicehash/westhash has been paying for the last 30 days.

Average statistics for past 30 days

Paying to Miners   0.0114 BTC/TH/Day

MINUS 2% 0.011172 BTC/TH/Day

What is it with this nicehash Oh I mean SHITHASH crap site. The reason why you get HW errors or you have to monitor your miners and keep rebooting all the time is that NICEHASH AKA SHITHASH mines a lot of low DIFF alt coins off YOUR MINERS which you NEVER GET Because they stick it in there pocket !!!!

so Keep using SHITHASH I will stay with my pools thanks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
montyfd

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 07:43:28 PM

Running 10 S5 on f2pool now and no reboot needed so far. The others on nicehash keep crashing, seems really pool related.
Nicehash was working great for all S3 for months, never had an issue. Only the S5 have problems.

I'm running 6 S5s on kano main and extranonce with p=0125 on westhash and I've only had one issue in the last month, all 6 s5s were about 100g/h less than they usually were after a series of rapid switches over a day, I rebooted them and moved my p= amount up a bit to stop switching.

I'm running smit's firmware with cgminer 4.9.0

Can you post a link to that firmware please? I want to try that
sinewave

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 08:16:02 PM

My S5 has been working fine until recently. Now only one of ASIC boards seems to be working. 

The second board only shows like:

-o---o-- -----o-- -------- ----xo.

Somtimes more of the ASIC chips shows up and somtimes the board wont show up at all.

Any ideas what might be wrong? I havent touched the connectors, and I know that the power supply is OK.
toptekk

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 09:18:55 PM

Router and everything is definetly not the problem.
IP adresses work 100% and other miners than S5 have no issues at all.

Nicehash might be an option, i will switch 10 to another pool and see if it changes.
Any idea why nicehash crashes them?

Nope but when I moved mine to f2pool they were up for weeks instead of rebooting them daily.

Isn't this because of the lack of "extranonce" support? (dunno, just throwing the idea up there)

I have been on Nicehash for 24 hours and have had to reboot twice. I think the low difficulty of mining shitcoins sends an AntMiner into a circle jerk on the Interwebs. Am I right here? Smiley

There has been a few other complaints with some with some of the  high end 256 MH miner being sold now  about how they need to rewrite it so diff can be turned off or set to not go  lower then what they need , if H2C does it now and Slushes pool is about to, why can't West/nice hash ? .
toptekk

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 09:29:05 PM

Strange, my s5 working with nicehash for weeks and no problem at all.
About control board: try reflashing firmware without save settings. Sometimes that helps get rid of problems

I've heard this before but all I can say is that for me Nicehash doesn't work even with new firmware.

That's because nicehash sucks you could not pay me to mine on that site !!!!

What are you talking about?  Nicehash's average payout over the last month is 102% after fees and you get paid for all shares you submit every 6 hours.  
Currently my 18TH/sec is earning around 130% of expected norm and has been for a couple of days now.

I can't see why you wouldn't mine on Nicehash full time to be honest.

Yuck shithash !!!!

I make more on antpool and f2pool than that crap site to many HW errors for me. Like I said you cant pay me to mine there.

um no you dont..
f2pool pays out 0.01014056 BTC / Thash/s  
MINUS 4%. which is 0.0097349376 BTC / Thash/s..

way less then nicehash/westhash has been paying for the last 30 days.

Average statistics for past 30 days

Paying to Miners   0.0114 BTC/TH/Day

MINUS 2% 0.011172 BTC/TH/Day

ive been getting this a day and  the bonus has been way up there payout  0.03201845   fee 0.00065344  or less but not below at 0.02 with two S5 but when the bonus drops  it drops to 0.01 then I move them . one day i got 0.04 something but the bonus hit 451 % lol .
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3850

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 11:32:29 PM

how does the new software work (more stable, less stable, no difference)?
thanks

dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2015, 12:06:01 AM

Router and everything is definetly not the problem.
IP adresses work 100% and other miners than S5 have no issues at all.

Nicehash might be an option, i will switch 10 to another pool and see if it changes.
Any idea why nicehash crashes them?

Nope but when I moved mine to f2pool they were up for weeks instead of rebooting them daily.

Quite a few people have experienced this, all turned out to be nicehash related.

I have been on Nicehash for 24 hours and have had to reboot twice. I think the low difficulty of mining shitcoins sends an AntMiner into a circle jerk on the Interwebs. Am I right here? Smiley

Most likely, yes. Nicehash of all pools seems to quite aggressively throw out low difficulty shares which will lock up some hardware, including the S5 usually.

dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2015, 12:07:27 AM

might have figured out where that resistor went.. one of my hashing boards shut off earlier. no X's or anything, all o's.. it just stopped working.. the red light was off and the miner was running around 600 ghs and the board was only 28c.
i turned it off and back on and it started back up again. i guess ill keep an eye out on it.. maybe ill try the new firmware.

If you think its that hashing board can't you look for a pad with a missing resistor?

May I ask what you mean by string design?  The ASICs are in series?  Then the S3+'s are also string design?  I have a dead S3+ beyond warranty I'm trying to fix.
Short version, yes to being in series. The S3+ is just a 'rev B' S3 and isn't string, while there is an unofficial S3++ which is string but was only sold in China. The naming scheme falls over a bit.

vabchgent

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 03:19:43 AM

Bitmainwarranty - If your going to sell S4+ think you can fix the problem with the S4 not dropping off west/nicehash without going idle and dying using the p=xxxxx . Thanks in advance

Keeping it on point I also own S5'5 They have no problems with the switch between pools using the p=xxxx on west/nice hash

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███     

██████████

██████     

███████████

███████████████     

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 03:23:07 AM

Bitmainwarranty - If your going to sell S4+ think you can fix the problem with the S4 not dropping off west/nicehash without going idle and dying using the p=xxxxx . Thanks in advance

Keeping it on point I also own S5'5 They have no problems with the switch between pools using the p=xxxx on west/nice hash

I would guess it's on the list of to do's.  Nicehash/smit has already done firmwares with extranonoce.subscribe patch. - https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=software#cgminer

Be careful if you use as they are not official firmware.  I have only used S4 and C1 from it as with SD card they are very hard to brick.
aarons6
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 07:23:34 AM

you guys think that the lockups could be from the queue?
on the s3 i had great success putting it to 0 and adding --scan-time 1 --expiry 1

i dont think this could affect the warranty? as you arent changing anything that a reset wouldnt change back?
revelacaogr
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021

2009 Alea iacta est

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 09:23:17 AM

its good to mention:

http://coinfire.io/2015/04/22/bitmain-introduces-ddos-mitigation-to-antminer-s4-s5/
Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 09:37:11 AM

how does the new software work (more stable, less stable, no difference)?
thanks

...... The first  software does not support 4 blade.
All of the following Bitmaintech S5 software versions supporting  3 or 4 blades at one S5 controller.

EDIT.

The last Bitmaintech software does not support 3 or  4 blade at one controller.

SD-S5-20150415.tar.gz   add anti-DDOS function.
 improve minerlink function.
 MD5: D0525C428E205C2471AB554CF95D77D3
larry12

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 02:57:49 PM

Hi guys i have a problem with one of my Ants, after nearly a week hashing without a problem i lost access over the Ant.
It's look like the miner cant get IP from my network and i dont have access to the web interface. I try to reset it a several times but no success at all. What can i do ? Is there any other way for "hard reset" ?

#Bitcoin The future is here.
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 03:43:07 PM

might have figured out where that resistor went.. one of my hashing boards shut off earlier. no X's or anything, all o's.. it just stopped working.. the red light was off and the miner was running around 600 ghs and the board was only 28c.
i turned it off and back on and it started back up again. i guess ill keep an eye out on it.. maybe ill try the new firmware.

If you think its that hashing board can't you look for a pad with a missing resistor?

May I ask what you mean by string design?  The ASICs are in series?  Then the S3+'s are also string design?  I have a dead S3+ beyond warranty I'm trying to fix.
Short version, yes to being in series. The S3+ is just a 'rev B' S3 and isn't string, while there is an unofficial S3++ which is string but was only sold in China. The naming scheme falls over a bit.

Thanks for the reply.  I've traced the problem to no data on pin 13 ribbon from pin 35 on ASIC1 (U2).  Wish I had a pinout on the BM1382.  Level is low, flat, but not ground.  Am seeing 25MHz on TP11.
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 03:44:53 PM

Hi guys i have a problem with one of my Ants, after nearly a week hashing without a problem i lost access over the Ant.
It's look like the miner cant get IP from my network and i dont have access to the web interface. I try to reset it a several times but no success at all. What can i do ? Is there any other way for "hard reset" ?

I've had success with a full 90 second reset on some miners.
vabchgent

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 04:49:04 PM

I would guess it's on the list of to do's.  Nicehash/smit has already done firmwares with extranonoce.subscribe patch. - https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=software#cgminer

Be careful if you use as they are not official firmware.  I have only used S4 and C1 from it as with SD card they are very hard to brick.

notlist3D - Thanks already updated but this problem persist in the S4 miners using anyone's firmware.Just requesting that bitmain gets the S4 fixed and running proper. 

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███     

██████████

██████     

███████████

███████████████     

███████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
toptekk

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 07:24:45 PM

Little tip be care full using the west/nice hash  bot if you lose any coins in it for any reason it's gone you get treated like your stealing from them. i ended telling them to keep the 3 bucks i lost , i copy & pasted in a price it set it at 9.99999 and then took the btc and finished the job. all i got told was if i can reproduce the bug they will give me 0.1 btc then said ty for using westhash so i sent a email the rest i won't get into ,  it ended up me telling them to keep the btc but if it had been 1 BTC i lost that way, id would be a real ass about it .
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 07:30:43 PM

Little tip be care full using the west/nice hash  bot if you lose any coins in it for any reason it's gone you get treated like your stealing from them. i ended telling them to keep the 3 bucks i lost , i copy & pasted in a price it set it at 9.99999 and then took the btc and finished the job. all i got told was if i can reproduce the bug they will give me 0.1 btc then said ty for using westhash so i sent a email the rest i won't get into ,  it ended up me telling them to keep the btc but if it had been 1 BTC i lost that way, id would be a real ass about it .

Are you saying you were able to set price paid on accident?   I'm not understanding what you did that caused it.
toptekk

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 04:00:28 AM
Last edit: April 24, 2015, 04:11:54 AM by toptekk

Are you saying you were able to set price paid on accident?   I'm not understanding what you did that caused it.

I don't know what i did i copied in a price i wanted to set the max at  then it set it to 99.99999 and i saw it late and  then it did below .

Price BTC/TH/Day       Total BTC      Unspent BTC   Completed      Limited TH/s
99.9999                 0.02214800   0.00000000        100.00%        No

My bad meant 99.9999

That's form my past orders on there site they even told me that's not poss . I'm very honest so when i saw me asking for it back was useless i told them keep it . I didn't want to deal with it any more . I'll just be more careful, i know how they roll now . all im sayings is becareful they won't give it back just a tip not making a big deal out of it.  Cheesy Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 [197] 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 ... 295 »
  Print  

Jump to: