Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:50:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 [153] 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 ... 295 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH  (Read 450905 times)
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 01:24:26 AM

What main street do you shop on? Because I gotta agree with the guy what with the gas station example, that's not how it works literally everywhere I shop.

When you bought at $419, did you buy knowing you'd need the additional $50 in hardware? I know it's pretty much pointless to argue on the internet because everyone is always right and always wrong simultaneously, but you gotta admit you did agree to buy them at the list price. It would be mighty friendly of Bitmain to make good to the people that bought at the exhorbitant price instead of the slightly less exhorbitant price, and apparently they feel they're doing so by offering coupons. That's technically more than they're required to do. The only thing they're required to do is ship you the stuff you ordered.

And remember the first rule of bitcoin - only invest money you're willing to lose.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MyRig
Donator

Activity: 792
Merit: 510

support@myrig.com

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2015, 01:31:42 AM

quick update as we are receiving many inquires right now.

Some of the orders paid by Bitcoin, we received the payment and your order, however, the User Interface side is not reflecting the change to "PAID" status.

Please check the blockchain for the Bitcoin Payment Status.  If it is confirmed on the blcokchain, your order is valid and good.  Those orders will be manually processed by the sales team in the next several days.

If you are worried, then please submit a support ticket, or simply wait for a few days and check back the system again.

Also, for those of you who request to purchase the S5 via Credit Card, you can do so DIRECTLY from BITMAIN at one of the china's largest online retail market called DHGATE.  URL is

http://www.dhgate.com/product/bitmain-antminer-s5-1155gh-s-0-51j-g-batch/216320560.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------
DDOS Status: Web Services are back in Service!

Antminer & DragonMint Repair  E-mail: support@myrig.com   T: @MyRig_com
Return Address: MyRig 3700 Quebec Street, Unit 100-239, Denver, Colorado 80207, USA
Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 01:41:32 AM

Also, for those of you who request to purchase the S5 via Credit Card, you can do so DIRECTLY from BITMAIN at one of the china's largest online retail market called DHGATE.  URL is

http://www.dhgate.com/product/bitmain-antminer-s5-1155gh-s-0-51j-g-batch/216320560.html

REMEMBER : The quantity can't exceed the maximum order (Max. Order =2)
MyRig
Donator

Activity: 792
Merit: 510

support@myrig.com

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2015, 01:47:55 AM

DHGATE Quantity is currently limited to 2 units per order.

PR: S5 Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssBLA2nXbvU

Antminer & DragonMint Repair  E-mail: support@myrig.com   T: @MyRig_com
Return Address: MyRig 3700 Quebec Street, Unit 100-239, Denver, Colorado 80207, USA
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3850

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 01:58:12 AM

Think of Amazon and how their changes their prices every few minutes, only the other week I ordered something then it dropped $5. I'm not entitled to compensation. And its not a lottery, the price you see is the price you pay should you choose to buy. Customers were complaining the price was too high, and so it was lowered. If we all tried to set a price at once or kept it level or moved it up and down willy nilly then we'd get nowhere. 467,149 cooks spoil the broth.

Last week demonstrated the Bitmain price to be a lottery for sure, the variable being which day/hour you purchase!

I've ordered many an item from Amazon, and the price variation is very small, though admittedly fun to shoot for the low.  $50 out of $420 isn't small!  Multiply by two and it's a major hit.  Purchase by any other means at any mainstreet store, and you'd receive a refund for the difference!  Of course, by your opinion, Bitmain should be exempt (must be nice to have your financial resources).

amazon and others show you what they want YOU to see, and believe me, so many of us are overpaying...
Example#1: I was shopping on AMZN for turbotax home (because Intuit crippled Deluxe). price was $79 one day, then $80.84 once I "searched" twice for the same term-I guess they thought that I am hooked..I skipped. Same day from another computer-$48. Amazon is trying to make you pay extra ALL the time and they have lots of tools.
example#2: Every freaking time in the years past when I tried to buy an airplane ticket, in the last minute expedia tried to say that they misteriously run out of this specific ticket/price-would you like to pay $10 more. I ALWAYS canceled their "enhanced" ticket in such cases, so they ask less recently, but someone is either too gullable or don't care-so they continue.
TrevorS

Activity: 1050
Merit: 377

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 02:17:24 AM
Last edit: March 18, 2015, 02:42:53 AM by TrevorS

amazon and others show you what they want YOU to see, and believe me, so many of us are overpaying...
Example#1: I was shopping on AMZN for turbotax home (because Intuit crippled Deluxe). price was $79 one day, then $80.84 once I "searched" twice for the same term-I guess they thought that I am hooked..I skipped. Same day from another computer-$48. Amazon is trying to make you pay extra ALL the time and they have lots of tools.
example#2: Every freaking time in the years past when I tried to buy an airplane ticket, in the last minute expedia tried to say that they misteriously run out of this specific ticket/price-would you like to pay $10 more. I ALWAYS canceled their "enhanced" ticket in such cases, so they ask less recently, but someone is either too gullable or don't care-so they continue.
As you said, worst case is you can cancel or return purchases, that isn't available with BTC and instead we have to depend on equitable policy on the part of the vendor.  I'm having a hard time recognizing that with Bitmain.

What main street do you shop on? Because I gotta agree with the guy what with the gas station example, that's not how it works literally everywhere I shop.

When you bought at $419, did you buy knowing you'd need the additional $50 in hardware? I know it's pretty much pointless to argue on the internet because everyone is always right and always wrong simultaneously, but you gotta admit you did agree to buy them at the list price. It would be mighty friendly of Bitmain to make good to the people that bought at the exhorbitant price instead of the slightly less exhorbitant price, and apparently they feel they're doing so by offering coupons. That's technically more than they're required to do. The only thing they're required to do is ship you the stuff you ordered.

And remember the first rule of bitcoin - only invest money you're willing to lose.
Since you're clearly not reading my previous responses, this is the last time I respond to you.
1)  The gas station example dealt specifically with a sale -- your echo is invalid.
2)  I said I own four (including the two ordered), clearly I know about the additional $50, I've done this before.
3)  Mainstreet is mainstreet and Bitmain clearly isn't it.  Nor is BTC it from appearances.
4)  That rule remark is another misstatement. It regards investment, not goods.

Goodbye!

▄█████▄
                       ██   ██
  ▄▄▄                  ▀█▄▄▄█▀
▄█████▄                 ▀███▀
███████                   ▀
 ▀███▀
  ▀███                   ▄██
   ████                 ▄██▀
    ████              ▄███▀
     ████▄▄        ▄▄████
      ▀██████▄▄▄▄██████▀
        ▀▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀▀▀
||..THE WORLDS FIRST...........
..SOCIAL UTILITY CRYPTO..
|████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████████████▀    ▐█████████
████████████    ▄▄██████████
███████████▀    ▀▀██████████
██████████▌       ██████████
████████████    ████████████
████████████▄  ▄████████████
|█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
sidehack
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 02:29:57 AM

So, your purchase isn't actually a sale?

Wait a minute. Okay, I'm forgetting one important thing. They're pre-selling stock they won't be shipping for another couple weeks. If they were shipping orders as they came in you'd have no grounds for compensation. But yeah, since they won't be shipping ANY orders until later, and a $320 order will ship at the same time as a $419 order and a $369 order and all coming from the same batch, yeah that's a bit screwy and they oughtta do something about it.

Apologies for your spike in blood pressure, good sir.

Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 02:32:41 AM

emoticons professional

Especially when you're being bent over a barrel with pricing shenanigans, and ineffective responses to support tickets.
I don't care about emoticons, but I do care about jacking the price around and then refusing to refund the difference resulting from my BTC order being the day before the ensuing price drop.  If I accepted biting the bullet on paying the $419, then Bitmain has no business refusing to refund the difference at $369.  What good are two coupons that require another dual S5 purchase given:

1) My plans include no further S5 purchases (have four including the two just ordered).
2) I have no more BTC at this time (I'm a fixed income home miner, not a data center).
3) The coupons are only good for about half a month.

What kind of reputable business doesn't honor its own pricing?  Since when does a limited time/limited target coupon equal refund?  If the price difference were even held in account, it would be something, but these damn coupons are useless to me.  Bend over is right!

Caveat Emptor

I don't think BTC or Mining hardware is any less or more suspect than other businesses. Although there are certainly are plenty of examples of price gouging in BTC Hardware. Bitmain isn't going make more units a break even or small losses so it does make sense they raise the price and expect "pre-orders" given the long slide of price drops since the S1's was released.

I look it at this way. Why is anyone buying miners given the current BTC price knowing full well there is no return likely on these units even if you have lower power costs? It is like you want them to maintain prices so you can make a return on your investment. I see all the complaints as valid in this case with the rapid rise once there were no competitors providing viable alternatives. But the simple solution. Do no buy them.

Further to this there is no way an individual buying a few miners is going to compete with the farms not unless there is a rethink about pooling resources and the very nature of a "home" unit. At this point there is no reasonable argument for buying small miners with limited power availability. It was a bad investment at 369$ or even lower.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
TrevorS

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 02:54:28 AM
Last edit: March 18, 2015, 04:44:36 AM by TrevorS

Caveat Emptor

I don't think BTC or Mining hardware is any less or more suspect than other businesses. Although there are certainly are plenty of examples of price gouging in BTC Hardware. Bitmain isn't going make more units a break even or small losses so it does make sense they raise the price and expect "pre-orders" given the long slide of price drops since the S1's was released.

I look it at this way. Why is anyone buying miners given the current BTC price knowing full well there is no return likely on these units even if you have lower power costs? It is like you want them to maintain prices so you can make a return on your investment. I see all the complaints as valid in this case with the rapid rise once there were no competitors providing viable alternatives. But the simple solution. Do no buy them.

Further to this there is no way an individual buying a few miners is going to compete with the farms not unless there is a rethink about pooling resources and the very nature of a "home" unit. At this point there is no reasonable argument for buying small miners with limited power availability. It was a bad investment at 369$ or even lower.
I expect Bitmain to charge in accordance to their costs and the market.  I know damned fine my chances of making anything from BTC are dismal, it's primarily an interesting hobby for me.  All I'm looking for is equitable treatment on the part of vendors -- I make out the way I make out (my power cost is 14.5cts per KWH).  I don't begrudge them their profits and if they make a calculation that concludes $419 is the correct price, I may wince, but I presume them to be correct.  If it turns out they were wrong and they readjust downward, then I expect them to make good on their overcharge.  This isn't barter, not a question of one-of, not a rare antique!  This is a product, day-in/day-out.  The pricing fault was there's, not mine!

▄█████▄
                       ██   ██
 ▀███▀
    ████              ▄███▀
     ████▄▄        ▄▄████
      ▀██████▄▄▄▄██████▀
        ▀▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀▀▀
|█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
chiguireitor
Legendary

Activity: 872
Merit: 1010

Coins, Games & Miners

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2015, 02:59:07 AM

I don't want to sound like an asshole, but...

[...] I look it at this way. Why is anyone buying miners given the current BTC price knowing full well there is no return likely on these units even if you have lower power costs? [...]

That's not entirely true. There are some countries where at this current price mining is still VERY profitable. Mainly, countries where the main power source is of the renewable kind and prices of energy are VERY low compared to other sources (i.e. coal, oil, etc).

Bicknellski

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 03:18:46 AM

[...] I look it at this way. Why is anyone buying miners given the current BTC price knowing full well there is no return likely on these units even if you have lower power costs? [...]

That's not entirely true. There are some countries where at this current price mining is still VERY profitable. Mainly, countries where the main power source is of the renewable kind and prices of energy are VERY low compared to other sources (i.e. coal, oil, etc).

Not for small miners.

Even with low electricity the shipping and cost of the units including all the peripheral add-ons you need really doesn't make any sense. This has been the case since the price drop of BTC.

If you have the numbers show them here I am willing to accept evidence to contrary. Where are these miners today who can purchase a $369 Antminer S5 with all the accessories, shipping, taxes etc that can ROI. Love to see those numbers. The only real way you are going to make something is to go larger and get economies of scale in terms of miner unit price and bulk electricity. Even those mines are shutting down less efficient units and selling them off to make money.

Otherwise you are best to buy BTC straight and hold that for better returns or possibly as other have mentioned and what I do is mine an Altcoin in the hopes it eventually rises. Either way it is a risk. Buying small lots of new miners in this market place makes little sense given the risks.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 03:22:05 AM

Not for small miners.

Even with low electricity the shipping and cost of the units really doesn't make any sense.

If you have the numbers show them here I am willing to accept evidence to contrary. Where is there are miner today who can purchase a $369 Antminer S5 with all the accessories, shipping, taxes etc that can ROI. Love to see those numbers. The only real way you are going to make something is to go larger and get economies of scale in terms of miner unit price and bulk electricity. Even those mines are shutting down less efficient units and selling them off to make money.

Otherwise you are best to buy BTC straight and hold that for better returns or possibly as other have mentioned and what I do is mine an Altcoin in the hopes it eventually rises. Either way it is a risk. Buying small lots of new miners in this market place makes little sense given the risks.

You have to count the resale value of the units. Most can be sold at a high price on eBay. Go look. People paying by PayPal will pay a premium to buy a used miner.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
Bicknellski

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 03:26:21 AM

Not for small miners.

Even with low electricity the shipping and cost of the units really doesn't make any sense.

If you have the numbers show them here I am willing to accept evidence to contrary. Where is there are miner today who can purchase a $369 Antminer S5 with all the accessories, shipping, taxes etc that can ROI. Love to see those numbers. The only real way you are going to make something is to go larger and get economies of scale in terms of miner unit price and bulk electricity. Even those mines are shutting down less efficient units and selling them off to make money.

You have to count the resale value of the units. Most can be sold at a high price on eBay. Go look. People paying by PayPal will pay a premium to buy a used miner.

Yes and that is what Bitmain was doing as well. Resale of units they had mining for a good long while as the price of BTC drops it makes this the ONLY way to recoup your investment. As the market matures there will be less and less people buying making this option more and more difficult.

So you are taking a calculated risk given the difficulty, price of BTC and the availability of miners in general both new and second hand. Suffice to say you'd be better off buying BTC and holding for all the work and worry involved in miners. Don't go down the cloud mining option please we know many are scams. The options are minimal. Collective projects may be the only option if you want to really see savings but then you are just ramping up the risks.

TrevorS

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 03:46:01 AM

Not for small miners.

Even with low electricity the shipping and cost of the units including all the peripheral add-ons you need really doesn't make any sense. This has been the case since the price drop of BTC.
Yes, sad to say, yes!

I'm paying hand over fist for electricity and trying to be as careful as I can manage about buying new (spelt more efficient) miners.  It's entirely clear to me I'm not making money, but it surely doesn't help when manufacturers work the deck against me.  All I'm asking is that Bitmain refund me their overcharge (not suggesting it was intentional).  That 1/3 BTC represents days of KWH expenditure at 14.5cts each.  I figure I can only possibly continue to mine BTC until the next halving, after that it'll be just impossible.  As you mentioned, here and there I'm also mining Alt, but again as you mentioned, it's pure gamble/risk, though isn't it all!

▄█████▄
                       ██   ██
 ▀███▀
    ████              ▄███▀
     ████▄▄        ▄▄████
      ▀██████▄▄▄▄██████▀
        ▀▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀▀▀
|█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
Bicknellski

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 03:49:36 AM
Last edit: March 18, 2015, 04:14:15 AM by Bicknellski

Not for small miners.

Yes, sad to say, yes!

I'm paying hand over fist for electricity and trying to be as careful as I can manage about buying new (spelt more efficient) miners.  It's entirely clear to me I'm not making money, but it surely doesn't help when manufacturers work the deck against me.  All I'm asking is that Bitmain refund me their overcharge (not suggesting it was intentional).  That 1/3 BTC represents days of KWH expenditure at 14.5cts each.  I figure I can only possibly continue to mine BTC until the next halving, after that it'll be just impossible.  As you mentioned, here and there I'm also mining Alt, but again as you mentioned, it's pure gamble/risk.

I hope you get a resolution.

Sucks to be a small miner trying to figure out a way to make a buck.

It certainly doesn't help matters when prices of miners fluctuate like the BTC price.

My own S2s keep going... and the SP30's lasted 1 month before I sold them making a tidy little profit. It is cut throat out there trust no one.

opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2015, 04:17:04 AM

Colorado

That explains a lot.

*** Emoticon will continue to be used under this account.  This is a community forum and the MOD placed the emoticon to be used.  It is not simply the business communication platform.

Gun stores provide Guns and ammo. Does that mean that I should start shooting up the place because they made the guns and ammo available to be used? There's a time and place for everything. I feel as a representative of a business you should not be using them. I own a small online store. I have 8 people working for me. Two of them work the different social media outlets. I would fire them if they used emoticons. When they respond to customers to address a problem or explain a product or anything else they represent my company. On their own facebook or twitter accounts I don't care what they choose to post. Now, if my business was to make and sell emoticons, then I would emoticon every post or update I made, but I don't, so I don't. I would like for my customers if they do run into a problem with my product to believe that they could contact me and get the problem resolved, instead of asking for help and getting  Grin Grin Grin as a response.

But you know it's just my opinion. I have no confidence in clowns, and that is what I feel your portraying Bitmain Tech as. Until I see a change I will not place any orders with Bitmain, because if for any reason I do have an issue with their product I don't want  Grin Grin Grin as a response to me losing money.

I have said my peace and will not make any further comments on this issue. Yes, it is an issue whether you believe it to be or not. I know some people are placing orders with Bitmain because they are the only one taking orders right now. I hope no has any problems with the equipment they have ordered. good luck to everyone in their mining adventures.

You stooped so low you are complaining about emoticons . Man, does it really matter if someone used emoticons or not. Please let it go dude.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
TrevorS

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 04:22:00 AM

I hope you get a resolution.

Sucks to be a small miner trying to figure out a way to make a buck.

It certainly doesn't help matters when prices of miners fluctuate like the BTC price.

My own S2s keep going... and the SP30's lasted 1 month before I sold them making a tidy little profit. It is cut throat out there trust no one.
Thanks and best wishes man, not to mention good luck yourself! Smiley

▄█████▄
                       ██   ██
 ▀███▀
    ████              ▄███▀
     ████▄▄        ▄▄████
      ▀██████▄▄▄▄██████▀
        ▀▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀▀▀
|█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
sidehack
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 04:23:25 AM

Using emoticons in a reply is slightly unprofessional, but this forum isn't exactly a formal place. But when your entire reply to a valid question a paying customer has about the machines he purchased is a series of emoticons, there's room to complain. It's basically dismissing the question offhand (and in a manner which could be seen as condescending), which is rude.

HolgerDansk

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 06:38:14 AM

There's a time and place for everything. I feel as a representative of a business you should not be using them. I own a small online store.
I own a small business too.  I infrequently use emoticons in my business emails.  I hate the written word because it's difficult to tell the intent and emotion of the writer.  I don't feel that emoticons should be a taboo for business emails.  They should be used sparingly.  I must have the right balance, having just celebrated 15 years in business.  I never had a client complain, yet.

Having said that, I think sidehack already said it perfectly:

But when your entire reply to a valid question a paying customer has about the machines he purchased is a series of emoticons, there's room to complain. It's basically dismissing the question offhand (and in a manner which could be seen as condescending), which is rude.
Bitmain reps here, do need help in the appropriate use of emoticons.

Exactly the attitude that makes BTC appear supremely suspect as a medium of commerce.  The recipient clearly has no responsibility to provide equitable value!
Whether the exchange is in Bitcoin or something else, whether transacted online or on mainstreet, it's all the same - you can get scammed or have a bad experience.  more than once I've recieved a less than proper amount of cash back at a mainstreet (KFC) business. It's a matter of knowing the rules of the transaction - the means of value exchange (BTC, USD, IQD, Euro, etc) has nothing to do with the transaction.  Have a problem with rules? Then that's a different discussion.

Guess I was wrong Dogie, you are purely a lackey of Bitmain!
You barked up the tree with Dogie on this one.  I'm grateful for his, and everyone's good help here.  I'll also speak up with him or others when they are wrong.
TrevorS

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 07:55:53 AM
Last edit: March 18, 2015, 08:35:01 AM by TrevorS

There's a time and place for everything. I feel as a representative of a business you should not be using them. I own a small online store.
I own a small business too.  I infrequently use emoticons in my business emails.  I hate the written word because it's difficult to tell the intent and emotion of the writer.  I don't feel that emoticons should be a taboo for business emails.  They should be used sparingly.  I must have the right balance, having just celebrated 15 years in business.  I never had a client complain, yet.
My father owned a floor coverings business and I spent many hours furthering it's accomplishments, but that didn't mean there weren't plenty of people out to scam my Dad.
Having said that, I think sidehack already said it perfectly:
Sidehack's dubious input has nothing to do with it, it's not a question of emoticons, it's a question of policy!
But when your entire reply to a valid question a paying customer has about the machines he purchased is a series of emoticons, there's room to complain. It's basically dismissing the question offhand (and in a manner which could be seen as condescending), which is rude.

Bitmain reps here, do need help in the appropriate use of emoticons.
Exactly the attitude that makes BTC appear supremely suspect as a medium of commerce.  The recipient clearly has no responsibility to provide equitable value!
Whether the exchange is in Bitcoin or something else, whether transacted online or on mainstreet, it's all the same - you can get scammed or have a bad experience.  more than once I've recieved a less than proper amount of cash back at a mainstreet (KFC) business. It's a matter of knowing the rules of the transaction - the means of value exchange (BTC, USD, IQD, Euro, etc) has nothing to do with the transaction.  Have a problem with rules? Then that's a different discussion.

Guess I was wrong Dogie, you are purely a lackey of Bitmain!
You barked up the tree with Dogie on this one.  I'm grateful for his, and everyone's good help here.  I'll also speak up with him or others when they are wrong.
I supported Dogie until he clearly disclosed himself as a BS artist!  If you love him, he's all yours, I've lost interest!

▄█████▄
                       ██   ██
 ▀███▀
    ████              ▄███▀
     ████▄▄        ▄▄████
      ▀██████▄▄▄▄██████▀
        ▀▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀▀▀
|█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
Pages: « 1 ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 [153] 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 ... 295 »
  Print  

Jump to: