Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:28:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 [198] 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 ... 295 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH  (Read 450905 times)
aarons6
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 05:44:59 AM

Little tip be care full using the west/nice hash  bot if you lose any coins in it for any reason it's gone you get treated like your stealing from them. i ended telling them to keep the 3 bucks i lost , i copy & pasted in a price it set it at 9.99999 and then took the btc and finished the job. all i got told was if i can reproduce the bug they will give me 0.1 btc then said ty for using westhash so i sent a email the rest i won't get into ,  it ended up me telling them to keep the btc but if it had been 1 BTC i lost that way, id would be a real ass about it .

Are you saying you were able to set price paid on accident?   I'm not understanding what you did that caused it.

I don't know what i did i copied in a price i wanted to set the max at  then it set it to 99.99999 and i saw it late and  then it did below .

Price BTC/TH/Day       Total BTC      Unspent BTC   Completed      Limited TH/s
99.9999                 0.02214800   0.00000000        100.00%        No

My bad meant 99.9999

That's form my past orders on there site they even told me that's not poss . I'm very honest so when i saw me asking for it back was useless i told them keep it . I didn't want to deal with it any more . I'll just be more careful, i know how they roll now . all im sayings is becareful they won't give it back just a tip not making a big deal out of it.  Cheesy Grin

so you caused that spike?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jtoomim

Activity: 818

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2015, 07:34:57 AM

Does anyone here know what the component labeled "G337 V2" on the Antminer S5 hashboards is? It's a 2-pin package, looks to be built for high current, and is silkscreen labeled C2, C3, etc. There's one in between each pair of ASICs -- i.e., one for each stage in the string, shared by both strings. My best guess is that they are shunt voltage regulators intended to serve as a bypass in case the voltage gets too high (dead ASIC?), but I don't really know. Ideally, if someone at Bitmain could chime in with a link to a datasheet or a part number, that would be ideal. We're investigating an issue on behalf of another miner in which some of them appear to have burned out.

Hosting bitcoin miners for $65 to $80/kW/month on clean, cheap hydro power.
http://Toom.im
MyRig
Donator

Activity: 792
Merit: 510

support@myrig.com

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2015, 07:52:17 AM

Please wait for the details.

Does anyone here know what the component labeled "G337 V2" on the Antminer S5 hashboards is? It's a 2-pin package, looks to be built for high current, and is silkscreen labeled C2, C3, etc. There's one in between each pair of ASICs -- i.e., one for each stage in the string, shared by both strings. My best guess is that they are shunt voltage regulators intended to serve as a bypass in case the voltage gets too high (dead ASIC?), but I don't really know. Ideally, if someone at Bitmain could chime in with a link to a datasheet or a part number, that would be ideal. We're investigating an issue on behalf of another miner in which some of them appear to have burned out.

Antminer & DragonMint Repair  E-mail: support@myrig.com   T: @MyRig_com
Return Address: MyRig 3700 Quebec Street, Unit 100-239, Denver, Colorado 80207, USA
J4bberwock

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 12:07:43 PM

F950G337MAAAQ2 capacitor?
Or a similar one, will need to check the exact size, but for specs, it's 4V 330µF

Custom Server PSU breakout boards, 1200w, 1300w, 2000w, 2880w https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=738527.0
Btc: 1J4bberWs6f6XVQ53gn3BNc8qHAicmm7wu
Ltc: LNDmMBtzD3cduwjfxANm2wDrxt9jXRk5ZP
marvykkio

Activity: 798

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 02:08:27 PM
Last edit: April 25, 2015, 09:40:22 AM by marvykkio

are two days that restart my s5, bought from 1 week, and this morning the result is what you see in the picture. What should I do now with bitmainwarranty?

this morning I packed all the miner, and reversed the blades, and I reassembled everything and went back to work, the problem is gone, now it works again, but the problem that remains is that part of the blade is not working so if you were to burn well this the miner does not work anymore. What do you think I should do? bitamain should send a new blade, but I think this is impossible, that I definitely want to send him the blade, or all of the miner to review it, and spends much time in addition to spending more money to send the miner from italy up in china. what should i do?
toptekk

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 02:43:05 PM

Little tip be care full using the west/nice hash  bot if you lose any coins in it for any reason it's gone you get treated like your stealing from them. i ended telling them to keep the 3 bucks i lost , i copy & pasted in a price it set it at 9.99999 and then took the btc and finished the job. all i got told was if i can reproduce the bug they will give me 0.1 btc then said ty for using westhash so i sent a email the rest i won't get into ,  it ended up me telling them to keep the btc but if it had been 1 BTC i lost that way, id would be a real ass about it .

Are you saying you were able to set price paid on accident?   I'm not understanding what you did that caused it.

I don't know what i did i copied in a price i wanted to set the max at  then it set it to 99.99999 and i saw it late and  then it did below .

Price BTC/TH/Day       Total BTC      Unspent BTC   Completed      Limited TH/s
99.9999                 0.02214800   0.00000000        100.00%        No

My bad meant 99.9999

That's form my past orders on there site they even told me that's not poss . I'm very honest so when i saw me asking for it back was useless i told them keep it . I didn't want to deal with it any more . I'll just be more careful, i know how they roll now . all im sayings is becareful they won't give it back just a tip not making a big deal out of it.  Cheesy Grin

so you caused that spike?

LOL me ? if that was a week ago maybe but i did not mean to. what i  just posted happen a week ago .
marvykkio

Activity: 798

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 03:04:19 PM

bitmain must change my free miner, I also noticed that the fan cover has a bit of rust, and in my opinion was a miner used Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry
jtoomim

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2015, 07:02:23 PM

are two days that restart my s5, bought from 1 week, and this morning the result is what you see in the picture. What should I do now with bitmainwarranty?

That looks to be the same symptoms we have with the miners we are investigating. I suggest taking of the plastic sides and looking at the hashboards for damage to the G337 V2 capacitors. Look for cracked packages or signs of smoke exhaust. Your issue is probably different, but this is easy enough to check for.

J4bberwock, thanks for the lead. These do indeed appear to be capacitors with a 2V withstand voltage. I'm surprised that capacitors were damaged like this. I thought the component would be something that generates heat itself. Curious.

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 07:05:58 PM

Bitmain warrenty has a nice website for support.  Also they have phone numbers depending on where you are.   

I would get in a support ticket/call and see what they think.  I would guess they will want to try uploading a firmware to make sure it's not software.  If it happens again and cables are good I would guess they will look at blade next.

They were very good when I needed to use them.
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3853

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 07:17:53 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2015, 10:02:35 PM by Biodom

A random observation:
1. It seems that upon loss of internet connection, S5 sometimes latches on a funky state: fan is not spinning or spinning minimally, but temperature is rising.
2. We had intermittant comcast problems in the last few days, so i observed it on a few occasions.
3. I felt that air coming out was very hot, and upon restarting the miner by PSU, miner reported 0 hashing, but temperatures of above 80 degrees at the sensor, so i had to switch it off for 10-20 min, then it worked as it should.

I believe that someone described something similar before.
The solution should be in software, which should maintain fan speed at a certain (closer to high) speed until internet connection is reestablished.

The fact is that the S5 miner does not fully switch itself off on internet drop or, at least, does not maintain fan speed long enough to coool the machine after internet dropoff.
MyRig
Donator

Activity: 792
Merit: 510

support@myrig.com

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2015, 07:34:31 PM

The Capacitor you were asking is 2V and 330uf.

@notlist3d, thank you for mentioning, yes, if you are in trouble, please call +1-844-248-6246 or support@bitmain.zendesk.com .  In the future we will try to bridge Skype Audio call to this telephone number as well.  Soon Ukraine telephone number for Russian Language be LIVE and EU area phone number to be Live again.

Antminer & DragonMint Repair  E-mail: support@myrig.com   T: @MyRig_com
Return Address: MyRig 3700 Quebec Street, Unit 100-239, Denver, Colorado 80207, USA
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 09:57:33 PM

That looks to be the same symptoms we have with the miners we are investigating. I suggest taking of the plastic sides and looking at the hashboards for damage to the G337 V2 capacitors. Look for cracked packages or signs of smoke exhaust. Your issue is probably different, but this is easy enough to check for.

J4bberwock, thanks for the lead. These do indeed appear to be capacitors with a 2V withstand voltage. I'm surprised that capacitors were damaged like this. I thought the component would be something that generates heat itself. Curious.

May I ask what voltage the fried caps are suppose to see?  And these are in series across the voltage supplied to each ASIC?  So, the 12vdc from the power supply is divided equally across the ASICs?  This is what I took away from the series ASICs description.

Are those who are seeing the blown caps using the power supply adapter having a resistor or just using the paperclip jumper?  I ask because KnC had a similar problem of blown caps and I theorized the motherboard actually on the plug allowed a different rise time on the voltages, e.g. without the mb and a paperclip instead, a ramp for the max current didn't ramp instead jumped to full with the result of a turn-on voltage spike - sometimes.
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2015, 10:11:13 PM

A random observation:
1. It seems that upon loss of internet connection, S5 sometimes latches on a funky state: fan is not spinning or spinning minimally, but temperature is rising.
2. We had intermittant comcast problems in the last few days, so i observed it on a few occasions.
3. I felt that air coming out was very hot, and upon restarting the miner by PSU, miner reported 0 hashing, but temperatures of above 80 degrees at the sensor, so i had to switch it off for 10-20 min, then it worked as it should.

The solution should be in software, which should maintain fan speed at a certain (closer to high) speed until internet connection is reestablished.

The fact is that the S5 miner does not fully switch itself off on internet drop or, at least, does not maintain fan speed long enough to coool the machine after internet dropoff.

I mentioned this exact same thing happened to me before. Maybe 3 weeks ago or so in this thread. Even a couple others mentioned the same thing and had screen shots showing over 80 degrees, which shouldn't even happen if the shutdown is 80. All my rigs stopped because of a sporadic internet connection. Miners fans stopped and they all turned into little heaters, getting hotter and hotter. All I needed to do was put my hand or face near one of them and felt the heat spewing off. Thank god I was home to power them off or all my rigs would have over heated. I mentioned and tried to bring this up but nothing came about because I had no "proof" it seems. This happened to me twice on all 6 of my S5's and both times I was lucky enough to be home and power off.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2015, 10:13:25 PM

May I ask what voltage the fried caps are suppose to see?  And these are in series across the voltage supplied to each ASIC?  So, the 12vdc from the power supply is divided equally across the ASICs?  This is what I took away from the series ASICs description.

Are those who are seeing the blown caps using the power supply adapter having a resistor or just using the paperclip jumper?  I ask because KnC had a similar problem of blown caps and I theorized the motherboard actually on the plug allowed a different rise time on the voltages, e.g. without the mb and a paperclip instead, a ramp for the max current didn't ramp instead jumped to full with the result of a turn-on voltage spike - sometimes.

I would bet most here just have a paper clip or EVGA has it's little "tester" which is basically the same thing as the paperclip. No resistance at all.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3853

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 10:20:33 PM

A random observation:

I mentioned this exact same thing happened to me before. Maybe 3 weeks ago or so in this thread. Even a couple others mentioned the same thing and had screen shots showing over 80 degrees, which shouldn't even happen if the shutdown is 80. All my rigs stopped because of a sporadic internet connection. Miners fans stopped and they all turned into little heaters, getting hotter and hotter. All I needed to do was put my hand or face near one of them and felt the heat spewing off. Thank god I was home to power them off or all my rigs would have over heated. I mentioned and tried to bring this up but nothing came about because I had no "proof" it seems. This happened to me twice on all 6 of my S5's and both times I was lucky enough to be home and power off.

I concur. This may be an intermittent situation, but it is not what supposed to happen.
The solution is quite simple: put a string of code that tells S5 to continue to rotate fan at the same/high speed for 2-3 min after internet disconnect AND do not attempt any mining.
i hate to make a direct comparison, but it is exactly what cough-oolies-cough miner does.
jtoomim

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2015, 10:36:36 PM

Yes, the voltage across those caps should be around 0.8 to 0.9 volts.

Actually, Biodom's and opentoe's observations may be related. The datacenter in which these machines were operating was having networking trouble and high temperatures while these S5s were there.

aarons6
Legendary

Activity: 1736

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 10:37:44 PM

A random observation:

yes these do have a problem.. just tested it..
i unplugged the internet.. not the cat5 but actually unplugged the internet cable.. so the router was still ON..
it took almost 3 minutes before the s5 realized the internet was down, it started beeping and the fans shut off..

after a minute my miner was at 65c.. i shut it off because i dont want anything to blow up.

my normal temp on the s5 is 46-48 so 65 is way above normal.

its been stated before, even had a screen shot.. but i guess its not high on the to do list to fix.
thedreamer
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 11:12:18 PM

Might have to resort to hooking up the fan(s) directly to the power supply for safety. This way if the lan goes down the fan(s) will still be running, no overheat problem. With the S5's open design, easy as pie. Those Delta 253CFM fans are pretty much always on max anyways. lol

Go Big or Go Home.
dog1965

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 12:47:05 AM

Might have to resort to hooking up the fan(s) directly to the power supply for safety. This way if the lan goes down the fan(s) will still be running, no overheat problem. With the S5's open design, easy as pie. Those Delta 253CFM fans are pretty much always on max anyways. lol

It sounds like a firmware glitch to me. I think what happens is once the S5 detects no Connection it just shuts the fans down but the miner is still hashing even though it says its not in the miner status page. IT sounds like The only logical answer. Things don't heat up like that not unless there are still running. And with no fan.

I am a disabled engineer I am going to try to pull out all my lab bench equipment to verify this theory. I have to climb into my attic its hard for me.

HolgerDansk

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 01:11:34 AM

Even a couple others mentioned the same thing and had screen shots showing over 80 degrees, which shouldn't even happen if the shutdown is 80.

I'm one of the others that this happened to.  Two of my miners lost internet and the temps rose to over 100C.  The same symptom: very slow fan and lots of heat.

I completely agree it should be a software fix.  It is too bad that it hasn't been a priority.  I'm glad some others have not had this problem (as mentioned when I posted about my problem).  But at least some of are having this problem.  I was able to consistently duplicate it.

Sorry this happened to someone else.  Thank you for bringing it up, so hopefully  Smiley Bitmain Smiley will fix it.
Pages: « 1 ... 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 [198] 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 ... 295 »
  Print  

Jump to: