Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 03:45:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Pebblecoin (XPB) - FIRST DPOS CRYPTONOTE COIN LIVE - Qt Wallet GUI - v0.4.4.1  (Read 55989 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Mare76

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2016, 08:25:48 PM

Hmm that may be ok, only a temporary error - did you get that just from starting wallet, or after you tried to send?

After I failed to send.

Code:
2016-Feb-18 10:00:20.220436 ERROR C:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\jobs\pebblecoin win32-x64\workspace\src\wallet\wallet2.cpp:941 !r. THROW EXCEPTION: error::no_connection_to_daemon
2016-Feb-18 10:00:20.223436 C:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\jobs\pebblecoin win32-x64\workspace\src\wallet\wallet2.cpp:941:struct tools::error::no_connection_to_daemon: no connection to daemon, request
 = getrandom_outs.bin
2016-Feb-18 10:00:23.991652 [RPC0][sock 1120] Some problems at write: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host:10054

This part shows up every time I try to send.
Cra5t

Activity: 106
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 11:06:26 AM

It does not work purse, how to fix? Two days are synchronized, and rebooted accidentally launched pebblecoind.exe Included with purse
EstefanTT

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 05:30:01 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2016, 06:51:25 PM by EstefanTT

Hi guys, I'm new here.

I just noticed that the CoinMarketCap.com Pebble page doesn't show the supply of XPB. No supply ... no market cap, no trust at all in this coin from someone who is quickly checking the coin on coinmarketcap (wich is the first place everybody goes)

This could seem like a detail but it makes me post this message instead of buying some coins as I had planned. Correcting it may help grow your market cap a little with me buying and all the people who didn't buy and didn't post as I'm doing.

Anyone here can tell me the supply and the dillution rate ?

fuznutts

Activity: 158

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 04:07:34 AM

Hi guys, I'm new here.

I just noticed that the CoinMarketCap.com Pebble page doesn't show the supply of XPB. No supply ... no market cap, no trust at all in this coin from someone who is quickly checking the coin on coinmarketcap (wich is the first place everybody goes)

This could seem like a detail but it makes me post this message instead of buying some coins as I had planned. Correcting it may help grow your market cap a little with me buying and all the people who didn't buy and didn't post as I'm doing.

+1

I'll give you a COPPERTICKET for that post bro.  Good point Smiley
http://www.sharebits.io/Home/Claim?cid=5936&code=sTWMwQDWuTzLeXCY
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1107

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 04:11:50 AM

Hi guys, I'm new here.

There's no dilution/inflation since DPoS was implemented. So, all 20M or 80M or whatever coins were mined in about three months, then switch over to current model where delegates only get tx fees...I think.
Kushedout
Legendary

Activity: 1123
Merit: 1000

SaluS - (SLS)

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 04:13:50 AM

Hi guys, I'm new here.

There's no dilution/inflation since DPoS was implemented. So, all 20M or 80M or whatever coins were mined in about three months, then switch over to current model where delegates only get tx fees...I think.

Now all we need is a working wallet. Cant send coins using the cyrrent wallet.

XPB (OP)

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

Creator of Pebblecoin

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 03:26:50 PM

It does not work purse, how to fix? Two days are synchronized, and rebooted accidentally launched pebblecoind.exe Included with purse

It looks like state of wallet wasn't good because of the reboot..  can you try to go to C:\Users\Mining\AppData\Roaming/pebblecoin , and delete everything *except* the wallet files?  This should allow to resynchronize
XPB (OP)

Creator of Pebblecoin

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 03:31:08 PM

Hi guys, I'm new here.

Now all we need is a working wallet. Cant send coins using the cyrrent wallet.
I will look into now...  is it same error no connection to daemon error?
XPB (OP)

Creator of Pebblecoin

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 07:43:20 PM

Hi guys, I'm new here.

Thanks Estefan for the message..  is a good idea.  Market cap is around 18,000,000 XPB if i remember right, i will look into putting this information on coinmarketcap
XPB (OP)

Creator of Pebblecoin

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 03:18:41 PM

I just download mac client, synchronize blockchain, put my wallet into the folder, and send myself coins and it worked...  no connection error to daemon or anything...  this with the Qt client.  When you get error no connection is that with simplewallet or qt client?
XPB (OP)

Creator of Pebblecoin

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 07:17:44 PM

[...snip...]

2) Distribution of coins (active)

It is very common in the launch of a new cryptocurrency the distribution algorithm heavily is weighted towards the very early adopters.  Such distribution is designed to give a massive advantage to people who are fully prepared to mine at launch, with a very large difference shortly after sometimes a few days later.  If the point of mining is to both secure the network and fairly distribute coins a gradual build up of rewards makes more sense, with no drop off in mining rewards.  At a standard block reward of 300, at launch each block will reward 0.3 coins leading up to 3, 30, and finally the standard reward of 300 which will be the standard unchanging reward from that point.  It will take approximately 3 weeks for the block reward of 300 to be reached.

[...snip...]

It looks (to me, at least) like the coin was doing exactly what you say you were guarding against.

Were all the coins, except pos, issued within a few months of launch, when there was little publicity? If so, approximately how many miners got what percentage of coins each? In other words did some people start right off with a huge amount of the coin?

I know pos has advantages, but I am specifically asking about initial distribution. A lot of coins are heavily accumulated by instaminers and speculators.

You claim to have protected against the instamine distribution problem? But was there ever a point in Pebblecoin's history when coins were distributed mostly to people who were not the initial miners?
Instamine was prevented like the quote - rewards gradually increased over a good period at the start, coins were not flying off the shelf right away, like with some other coins.

When we switched to dpos there was already a liquid market on poloniex, which is still active and quite cheap.  Early adopters can get coins there very cheaply right now.  Is it good that on Bitcoin there is still mining?  All it does is burn electricity at the cost of inflating the currency.  Only most competitive miners who have lot of money to spend on ASIC can even get an entry.  Instead of buying watts and wasting electricity to inflate currency more, you can buy the coin on the liquid exchange.  About same cost, same reward for early adopter (if price goes up then you rewarded for buying it cheaper now).
EstefanTT

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 09:25:40 AM

Hi guys, I'm new here.

+1

I'll give you a COPPERTICKET for that post bro.  Good point Smiley
http://www.sharebits.io/Home/Claim?cid=5936&code=sTWMwQDWuTzLeXCY

Thanks Fuzzy !!! I love your tickets, I feel like they will be very valuable in a near future. Sharebits worked smoothly as always.

I'll see you in a few hours on the BitShares hangout.

For the ones in this community interested in reflexions about DPOS system, governance, dev, ... every friday we have a hangout live going at 10 AM EST time.

More info and past hangout edited recording ...
Check out https://beyondbitcoin.org/

So about the MC. It's around 125,000 $  ?

XPB (OP)

Creator of Pebblecoin

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 01:39:17 PM

Instamine was prevented like the quote - rewards gradually increased over a good period at the start, coins were not flying off the shelf right away, like with some other coins.

When we switched to dpos there was already a liquid market on poloniex, which is still active and quite cheap.  Early adopters can get coins there very cheaply right now.  Is it good that on uᴉoɔʇᴉq there is still mining?  All it does is burn electricity at the cost of inflating the currency.  Only most competitive miners who have lot of money to spend on ASIC can even get an entry.  Instead of buying watts and wasting electricity to inflate currency more, you can buy the coin on the liquid exchange.  About same cost, same reward for early adopter (if price goes up then you rewarded for buying it cheaper now).

Although I disagree with your portrayal of the "fairness" of the coin, at least it has a person working on it and making sure it works, which is more than many coins. As others have said, you should at least take the time to make market cap easily visible to help people who consider that an important variable.

Yes is a good point..  after recent messages I see that it's important.  It needs a little work, which is why we haven't done it yet - but not much compare to web wallet, and it will be easy thing to do to remove this concern of the coin.  Thanks everyone for the input.

XPB (OP)

Creator of Pebblecoin

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 06:10:41 PM

So about the MC. It's around 125,000 $  ?

Look about right, I made URL to show coin supply:  http://52.28.62.255:12345/api/v1/currency/XPB/supplyInCoins

Supply is 21,543,727.51630417 XPB
Price is $ 0.007467    ( https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/pebblecoin/#markets )

Market cap right now is $160,867.01
HarryPorter

Activity: 610
Merit: 506

crypto = passion

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 08:44:50 PM

thanks, good to know ^^^

https://www.bitmex.com/app/register/XTo064 - enjoy a 10% fee discount for 6 months.
kahir
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 04:18:04 AM

I really liked pebble POW phase I was wondering if you will make anything similar in future ... it was very smooth and fun
Mare76

Activity: 69

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2016, 08:45:09 PM

Can you please re-upload latest wallet...your Dropbox account is temporarily disabled  Wink
XPB (OP)

Creator of Pebblecoin

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 01:04:57 AM

Can you please re-upload latest wallet...your Dropbox account is temporarily disabled  Wink
Ah!  Thank you for the notice.  I'll work on temporary new location for it, and post the link, thanks ..
Lethos

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Keep it Simple. Every Bit Matters.

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2016, 08:28:03 AM

Looking forward to progress on this. I'd like try out your latest wallet too.

verb

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 03:29:20 PM

Polo chart and buy support seems ripe for a sustained pump (like emc2, btm and so forth). Any ideas what's going on?

▄▄███▄▄
    ▄▄███████████▄▄
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████
▀▀██████████████████▀▀ ▄▄
    ▀▀██████████▀▀ ▄▄████
        ▀▀█▀▀ ▄▄█████████
            ▄█████████████
            ██████████████
            ██████████████
            ██████████████
            ██████████████
            █████████████▀
            █████████▀▀
            █████▀▀
            ▀▀▀

Brickblock.io
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║

▄▄██▄
            ▄▄█▀▀  ██
        ▄▄█▀▀      █▌
    ▄▄█▀▀   ▄▀    ██
▄▄▄█▀▀    ▄█▀     ▐█
██      ▄██▀       █▌
▀▀██▄███▀        ██
    ██▀▀█▄▄▄     █▌
    █▄  ██▀▀▀█▄██
    █▄█▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▄████████
    █████▀▀▀▀
▐████
▐████
████████████
████████████
▐████
▐████
▐████
▐████

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀ 
████▄         █████████████▀ 
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████ 
█████████████████████ 
    ▀█████████████████▀
    ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀ 
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ 

▄▄▄                  ▄▄▄
█████▄             ▄██████▄
█████████▄        ████████████▄
██████████▌▄     ██████████████
██████████▌▐█  ▄█████████████▀▄█
██████████▌▐██▄▀████████████ ███
██████████▌▐████▀██████████ ████
██████████▌▐█████ ███████▀▄█████
██████████▌ ▀█████▄▀████ ███████
██████████▌   ▀▀████ ██▄████████
▀█████████▌      ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████████
▀▀█████▌             ▀▀██████
        ▀█▌                  ▀▀█
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: