Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 03:52:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: closed  (Read 14856 times)
nimda

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 01:55:00 PM

Serena, you attacked me personally as you always do when somebody doesn't agree with you.

Ok, give me 3 examples.
My pleasure.

And a one
If you don't have a question, seriously, stop being an asshole. Nobody cares whether or not you think I am a vampire or not and whether or not you want to bid -299 for YARR or whatever. Seriosuly (sic) you're making yourself look like an idiot.

A tahoo!

Oh dear lord nimda.. You and your "exposed capital" theory.. seriously.  Cheesy
Do you want me to explain again how 1 bitcoin at 7% plus .89 at 1.5% equals 1.89 bitcoins at ~4.3%? Sheesh.

(Aside: I am still willing to debate you on this, even though pirate has defaulted. My model still holds; its predictions were correct. Note that everyone who bought YARR (without later selling it, like I did) lost money.)

A thuree
As for your bold statement, I invite you to provide a list of warning signs. No really. Let's discuss this. Surely you aren't just trolling. You probably honestly believe what you are saying. So let's discuss it. I'm open. I'll change the topic of this thread since it has become a discussion of whether or not I am a scammer. Are you game?

I already replied usagi on PM. But it's probably better to say it here:
I'm not game.

Time will tell what usagi is.
A vampire princess, or a commoner werewolf.
A japanese or a chinese from Taiwan.
An immortal or a simple mortal.
A girl or a guy.

Naw you don't get off so easy. -1 for not having the guts to stand behind what you said. I am kind of disappointed really, I was planning on having a lot of fun picking you apart. I guess you know where this would go and you don't want to have to face up to the fact you're just trolling.
Wow, three in the same day!

And then you have a tendency to be condescending...
ciuciu you have a complete and fundamental misunderstanding of how insurance companies work. I'm going to explain this to you once more.

And, you seem to fail in proper debating. For example, I post this, in red to attract attention:
You did not respond to this part, the most relevant part:
"Neither of these are the case. A pirate default results in a [partial] loss of investors money in both PPT and YARR."
I hope you don't mean to tell me that a pirate default would not result in a loss of YARR investors' money, because that's simply not true.

And you STILL never respond to it.

Note that in this post-pirate world, my statement has held true. A pirate default resulted in a net loss by the holders of YARR.

Then, you fail to respond to ciuciu's question above.

That ends today's segment of ad-hominem.
Quote from: pirateat40
Now back to your regularly scheduled trolling.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ciuciu
Donator

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 02:09:49 PM

Let me answer your attacks Japanese princess:
I have and I had over 2000 of my personal BTC with the pirate. Please read again personal BTC.
I have more than 2000 in deposits with Hash and Patrick at this moment so I have the situation under control, thanks for your concern.

I'm sorry that the situation it's so bad and you can't respect your commitments, but let me tell you, cheap personal attacks will not get you far.

ciuciu
Donator

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 03:06:15 PM

I have and I had over 2000 of my personal BTC with the pirate. Please read again personal BTC.

Lol. Remember the cop in the movie, "I didn't say anything about no bitcoins in pirate...." ;-)

Usagi, I can ask Hash for a statement, to prove how stupid you are.

ciuciu
Donator

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 09:00:29 PM

Lol. Remember the cop in the movie, "I didn't say anything about no bitcoins in pirate...." ;-)

Usagi, I can ask Hash for a statement, to prove how stupid you are.

I don't know what you're talking about. I didn't say anything about that. Remember? You said it yourself.

You just wanted to blackmail me, but I have nothing to hide my princess.

Gladamas

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

Bitcoin today is what the internet was in 1998.

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 01:36:11 AM

Usagi, I think that you shouldn't stall buying back the remaining bonds only to make a personal profit. Pirate has defauted; you have an obligation to pay everyone back.

Summary:   Daily Insured Pirate Pass-through

C-1. Each bond has a permanent face value of 1 bitcoin.

This implies that you will buy back or otherwise pay bondholders 1 BTC for every bond held, when requested.

C-3. We will fill any ask placed at 1 bitcoin or less within a reasonable time frame.

A "reasonable time frame" does not mean more than two weeks.

Usagi, any news?

Well, I bought back about 2,000 shares already. I'm just hammering it home. The difficulty is that selling the shares depresses the market price of the shares I am trying to sell, so I have to space it out a little.

Put up your shares at 1, and I'll buy them. Should take another 2 weeks to clear the remaining 600 or so shares.

What are you talking about? It does not take 2 weeks to buy back 600 bonds. If what you mean is that you are selling YARR shares, that's absolutely silly! Pirate has defaulted; there is absolutely no reason to do that.

1GLADMZ5tL4HkS6BAWPfJLeZJCDHAd9Fr3 - LQ6Zx8v7fHVBiDX5Lmhbp6oEDB7dUFjANu
GPG 0xF219D5BB3C467E12 - Litecoin Forum
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 08:02:41 AM

YES!

YOUR DREAMS HAVE COME TRUE!

YARR is BACK, baby!

Back and paying fat divvies each week, yo ho ho and a bottle of RUM!

How it works is simple; AS SOON as shares are paid back, likely middle of next week-ish, I will load YARR with OBSI.HRPT to match currently outstanding dividends, and begin selling shares of YARR at 1 BTC again. Each share of YARR will be worth 10 OBSI.HRPT shares.

Then.... and then... my dear friends... the madness will continue.

My intention is to buy back all the shares which are listed at "1".  However, now, my dear crewmembers, you have an exciting option:

PULL your shares OFF the market! And partake in the second sailing of the Pirate Ship REVENGE! Sailing the high seas of completely safe, 100% insured investments!

As soon as there are no more shares for sale at 1, I will be speaking with Nefario and CHM about the changeover from Pirate to OBSI.HRPT.

The contract will change. My obligation to you will not change.

This guarantees you guys will get your shares back at 1 sooner, or, for a higher price, sooner!

Please vote on the motion here: https://glbse.com/vote/view/115

To quote pirate: "You have 48 hours."

Thank you and good luck.

So if OBSI.HRPT defaults you pay out 1btc on each share ?

How do you cover the "insurance premium" ?

Mushoz

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 09:47:02 AM

Argh! I want in on the new deal, but I had all my shares standing as a sell order @ 1.0. Now they are gone Sad
I would have kept them if I knew Yarr was going to continue...
Is there any way I can get my shares back at 1.0? :p It was only 8 shares, but still, love the way where this is heading Smiley

www.bitbuy.nl - Koop eenvoudig, snel en goedkoop bitcoins bij Bitbuy!
RoloTonyBrownTown

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 10:19:14 AM
Last edit: September 03, 2012, 10:37:47 AM by RoloTonyBrownTown

AS SOON as shares are paid back, likely middle of next week-ish

Does this mean you know something pirate related that we don't?

Hope so Cheesy

Mushoz

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 03:24:51 PM

Oh wait, I think I've misread something. Have all Yarr shares been bought back with a forced buyback (@1.0 each)? If so, please disregard my previous post Smiley

Mushoz

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 03:33:17 PM

Argh! I want in on the new deal, but I had all my shares standing as a sell order @ 1.0. Now they are gone Sad
I would have kept them if I knew Yarr was going to continue...
Is there any way I can get my shares back at 1.0? :p It was only 8 shares, but still, love the way where this is heading Smiley

If the shareholder vote passes, then I will wait until Nefario and/or CHM can approve the new contract, and then we will immediately begin operating under the new deal.

Sorry, I think my post wasn't as clear as it could have been. What I mean is:

If I knew Yarr was going to continue, I would have kept my shares instead of selling them for 1.0 each, because I would like to be part of the new deal, but now I'll have to rebuy my Yarr shares for more than 1.0 probably Sad

Or was there a forced buyback? Because I'm not seeing any ask orders currently.

Thanks Smiley

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1063

Gerald Davis

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 04:03:11 PM

C-3. We will fill any ask placed at 1 bitcoin or less within a reasonable time frame.

A tip for the future.  "reasonable time frame" are weasel word and have no place in a contract.  
As the thread shows it means one thing to the issuer and completely different thing for the investor. The entire item could be removed from the contract without it changing the terms of the contract.

Something like would be explicit and there would be guessing on the maximum amount of time necessary to buy back shares.
C-3. We will fill any ask placed at 1 bitcoin or less within 14 days.
ciuciu
Donator

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 04:16:04 PM

A tip for the future.  "reasonable time frame" are weasel word and have no place in a contract.  
As the thread shows it means one thing to the issuer and completely different thing for the investor. The entire item could be removed from the contract without it changing the terms of the contract.

Something like would be explicit and there would be guessing on the maximum amount of time necessary to buy back shares.
C-3. We will fill any ask placed at 1 bitcoin or less within 14 days.

Great advice!

lenny_
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

DARKNETMARKETS.COM

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 04:23:17 PM

Oh wait, I think I've misread something. Have all Yarr shares been bought back with a forced buyback (@1.0 each)? If so, please disregard my previous post Smiley

I still hold all mine shares. If you sold yours, that's late now Smiley

DARKNET MARKETS >> https://DARKNETMARKETS.COM
Lethos

Activity: 476

Keep it Simple. Every Bit Matters.

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 04:25:50 PM

You've handled the whole debacle of owning a stake in pirate stocks very well.
I look forward to the next venture.

Mushoz

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 05:42:36 PM

Ah damnit. Sad Usagi, is it possible for me to get my 8 shares back for 1.0 each?
I put them all up for sale at 1.0 each, because you told us to do so, because you were winding down business,
but that was before you told us your new plans you have with Yarr. I already paid my insurance premium by
buying Yarr at 1.40ish each, and I'd hate having to pay yet another premium to get my shares back, which I previously thought
were going to be worthless in the not-so-distant future anyways.

Thank you very much in advance Smiley

Mushoz

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 06:21:00 PM

Ah damnit. Sad Usagi, is it possible for me to get my 8 shares back for 1.0 each?
I put them all up for sale at 1.0 each, because you told us to do so, because you were winding down business,
but that was before you told us your new plans you have with Yarr. I already paid my insurance premium by
buying Yarr at 1.40ish each, and I'd hate having to pay yet another premium to get my shares back, which I previously thought
were going to be worthless in the not-so-distant future anyways.

Thank you very much in advance Smiley

You had a VIP YARR subscription, so I don't see the problem with that. Please send 8 bitcoins to your subscription address and I will send Mushoz 8 shares of YARR Smiley

Ah, that sounds very very good Smiley Thanks for the offer! Does that also mean I can send more BTC if I would like more shares? Smiley
Can't say I would mind having a chance to pick up some more, although I understand if it's only for those 8 shares.

Thank you very much again! Pleasure doing business

vrtrasura

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 06:35:59 PM

So... what does it take to have a VIP subscription?  I'm sure plenty of us had shares we sold for 1, or less. 

P.S. I think you've handled all of this brilliantly, thanks for buying back all that you did.  Still waiting on other insurers to payout.
streblo

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 07:32:35 PM

YES!

YOUR DREAMS HAVE COME TRUE!

YARR is BACK, baby!
Thank you for this post. I have some questions:
1)  On days that OBSI.HRPT pays 0.5%, how much does YARR pay?
1a) How about if OBSI.HRPT pays 0% on a day, then how much does YARR pay?
2)  On Sundays, if OBSI.HRPT makes a payment, do you?
3)  Am I correct that you will sell 'new' YARR shares for 1 BTC which has insurance for the face value of 1BTC? This seems like an unreasonably good deal.

Thank you

EDIT: The GLBSE motion clarifies this to some extent:
Quote from: YARR@GLBSE https://glbse.com/vote/view/115
YARR motions to switch to OBSI.HRPT and continue operations at 0.01 per day (or as OBSI.HRPT sees fit to pay). Essentially this is a motion to change one line (only) of our contract from: C-5. If Pirate or any pirate-backed issue we invest in defaults or changes their terms we reserve the right to change our interest rate proportionally. to: C-5. If OBSI.HRPT defaults or changes their terms we reserve the right to change our interest rate proportionally. So there you have it. YARR, risen from the dead. Let's go! Management suggests you vote yes.
vrtrasura

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 11:48:19 PM

Since the OBSI funds are already setup I'd like to know if will we get any reward for holding while we wait for it to formalize-
vrtrasura

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 12:16:09 AM

I'm excited Smiley
Thanks for doing all the buybacks, I think you've held up your end nicely.  Still waiting on some other funds...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: