Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 04:53:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Block Erupter: Dedicated Mining ASIC Project (Open for Discussion)  (Read 58536 times)
punin

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2012, 11:43:19 AM

DiabloD3, as much as I dislike BFL, luke-jr actually postponed their shipping date from dec 2012 to jan 2013. He quoted ngazhang with Avalons shipping date. And I agree with him that as long as ASICMiner is not offering any consumer-products, it doesn't go on to that page.

I suggest you wear your mod-hat with ice inside it, as you must remain objective when moderating. Calling luke-jr a BFL shill in a pinned topic is a bit harsh, and just shows poor judgement as everyone know how much you loathe BFL.

Head of Product Development
Bitfury Group
www.bitfury.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
irritant

Activity: 473
Merit: 250

Sodium hypochlorite, acetone, ethanol

View Profile
December 14, 2012, 12:04:14 PM

so now everybody hates ASICMINER?  where did this come from...  just because some think they are building centralized farm? IIRC they want to sell the hardware later..
DutchBrat

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 14, 2012, 12:18:18 PM

My guess is it is because people are starting to doubt BFL ever delivering.

The 50TH farm ASICMINER wants to set up will be deployed over a period of months. Back in the day when this project was started up BFL had already sold 100's of TH in pre-orders with a promise to deliver in October 2012 as they had "learned from their mistakes". ASICMINER and its 50TH farm would have never been a problem if BFL had delivered.

Now people are seeing it as a threat as 50TH would be enough to take over the block chain should BFL fail to produce a single working chip.

But it would not  be in the interest of the shareholders if ASICMINER became a threat to Bitcoin as the value of BTC would plummet.

Should BFL go bust then I think it is in everyone's interest if ASICMINER changed it's business plan to make sure everyone understand and sees it is not a threat to anything or anyone.

As it stands at the moment, ASICMINER will be the first ASIC around and small enough to NOT be a threat to Bitcoin. Doe sit suck for people that invested heavily with BFL, of course it does.... but does that mean that ASICMINER is a threat? NO !
DiabloD3
Legendary

Activity: 1162

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2012, 01:15:06 PM

DiabloD3, as much as I dislike BFL, luke-jr actually postponed their shipping date from dec 2012 to jan 2013. He quoted ngazhang with Avalons shipping date. And I agree with him that as long as ASICMiner is not offering any consumer-products, it doesn't go on to that page.

I suggest you wear your mod-hat with ice inside it, as you must remain objective when moderating. Calling luke-jr a BFL shill in a pinned topic is a bit harsh, and just shows poor judgement as everyone know how much you loathe BFL.

Look at the entire changelog. He removed ASICMINER completely from the wiki.

kano
Legendary

Activity: 4438
Merit: 1794

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
December 15, 2012, 01:13:55 AM
Last edit: December 15, 2012, 01:44:35 AM by gmaxwell

gmaxwell has on a number of occasions edited my posts for no reason, and on a few occasions deleted my posts coz Luke-Jr asked him to - with no basis to actually delete them other than lies from Luke-Jr
I'm not sure why you would wonder about what gmaxwell does.
He's Luke-Jr's lapdog of course.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
hahahafr

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 15, 2012, 05:51:59 AM

lol http://dramatalk.org/

◢◣                      ◢◣
                                     ◢████◣           ◢████◣
                               ◢████████◣◢████████◣
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████◤██████
                               ███████████◤████████
                               █████████◤██████████
                               ███████◤████████████
                               █████◤██████████████
                               █████◣                       ◢█████
                               ███████◣            ◢███████
                               █████████◣◢█████████
                               ◥████████◤◥████████◤
                                    ◥████◤            ◥████◤
                                          ◥◤                      

HYDAX
       Secure  
   Efficient
   Simple  
   Medium 
    Twitter  
    Telegram 
[/center
punin

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2012, 11:54:25 AM

As I already said,  I agree with luke-jr that as long as ASICMiner is not offering any consumer-products, it doesn't belong on that page.

Bitfury Group
www.bitfury.com
Jutarul
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
December 15, 2012, 03:20:13 PM

As I already said,  I agree with luke-jr that as long as ASICMiner is not offering any consumer-products, it doesn't belong on that page.
Technically, if he removes ASICMINER from vendors he has to add them to contractors... Due to the relationship between planned shareholder dividends and mining profits...

The ASICMINER Project https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.0
"The way you solve things is by making it politically profitable for the wrong people to do the right thing.", Milton Friedman
irritant

Activity: 473

Sodium hypochlorite, acetone, ethanol

View Profile
December 15, 2012, 11:15:42 PM

okay, so, can you tell me, what company is actually offering ASICS right now? (pre-orders with multiple delays dont count)

so just remove the complete ASIC section of the hardware comparison wiki... it doesnt really exist

mrb
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2012, 11:44:30 PM

okay, so, can you tell me, what company is actually offering ASICS right now? (pre-orders with multiple delays dont count)

It makes sense for the wiki to document upcoming consumer products.
Mikej0h

Activity: 117
Merit: 100

Life is short, play long

View Profile
December 16, 2012, 10:46:04 PM

so now everybody hates ASICMINER?  where did this come from...  just because some think they are building centralized farm? IIRC they want to sell the hardware later..

I don't really think that's the case.
People are trying to make profits, and thats why they purchase a ASIC. Whoever seems to be first, or have an idea that might take their profit vanish (or lot less profitable) will be their enemy's.

Earlier it was BFL when they announced (** oh no, can't be true, scam scam), then it became bASIC (after BFL postponed), then people turned over to Avalon, and now it's ASICMINER.

I think that's how people reason, unfortunately human kind are sons of bitches every one in a while Roll Eyes.
friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 848
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 28, 2012, 02:13:43 AM
Last edit: December 28, 2012, 09:59:35 AM by friedcat

Update

After a long and anxious waiting, we have finally got our packaged chip samples at hand. Everyone would be busy in the following 2-3 weeks.

The following pics are taken from my cellphone.

30GHash/s of computing power on one table:

Top and bottom side of the chips:

A closer look at our baby:

DiabloD3
Legendary

Activity: 1162

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2012, 02:18:57 AM

Update

After a long and anxious waiting, we have finally got our packaged chip samples at hand. Everyone would be busy in the following 2-3 weeks.

The following pics are taken from my cellphone.

I came.

Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2012, 02:35:09 AM
Last edit: December 28, 2012, 02:53:16 AM by Transisto

Cheesy

30ghs with 120 chips ? What's the hash-rate of single chips ?
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
December 28, 2012, 03:08:07 AM

Cheesy

30ghs with 120 chips ? What's the hash-rate of single chips ?

95 chips.  That'd be 315.789473684211MH/s per.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
punin

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2012, 03:12:18 AM

W000000000T!

Bitfury Group
www.bitfury.com
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 28, 2012, 05:09:47 AM

A 5830 in a 6mmx6mm package. Pretty sweet.

Congrats ASICMINER on being first to the party. I hope your chips work.
Photon939

Activity: 452

View Profile
December 28, 2012, 05:28:33 AM

And so the first true bitcoin ASIC photos arrive. If the chips work as expected the mining community will soon be changing.

Too bad it seems I have gambled with the wrong horse so-to-speak  Tongue
mem

Activity: 644

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
December 28, 2012, 06:40:12 AM

niko

Activity: 756

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
December 28, 2012, 06:45:18 AM

Most excellent!  Now let's see if this engineering team did a better initial job than BFL and bASIC.

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: