Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2014, 09:37:58 AM *
News: Due to the OpenSSL heartbleed bug, changing your forum password is recommended.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Block Erupter: Dedicated Mining ASIC Project (Open for Discussion)  (Read 37252 times)
memvola

Activity: 882

View Profile

Ignore
December 14, 2012, 10:40:27 AM

Why does a bitcoin miner need a high bandwidth interface again?
ASICs crunch the numbers much faster. That means that the time to sweep a full nonce range is significantly shorter.

Okay, another dumb question then... Can't you tune the expected response time by picking a lower target?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unbeatable Service & Product Support
Grab Your Miners at GAWMiners.com
Order Before April 25th to receive
Double your Hashing Power for 1 week!

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DiabloD3

Activity: 1134

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW

Ignore
December 14, 2012, 10:50:16 AM

Why does a bitcoin miner need a high bandwidth interface again?
ASICs crunch the numbers much faster. That means that the time to sweep a full nonce range is significantly shorter.

Okay, another dumb question then... Can't you tune the expected response time by picking a lower target?

No, because ASICs, just like any other miner, will be looking for diff 1 candidates (ie, H == 0).

DiabloD3

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW

Ignore
December 14, 2012, 11:10:14 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=130795.0

punin

Activity: 501

View Profile WWW

Ignore
December 14, 2012, 11:43:19 AM

DiabloD3, as much as I dislike BFL, luke-jr actually postponed their shipping date from dec 2012 to jan 2013. He quoted ngazhang with Avalons shipping date. And I agree with him that as long as ASICMiner is not offering any consumer-products, it doesn't go on to that page.

I suggest you wear your mod-hat with ice inside it, as you must remain objective when moderating. Calling luke-jr a BFL shill in a pinned topic is a bit harsh, and just shows poor judgement as everyone know how much you loathe BFL.

www.BitfuryStrikesBack.com
 - From miners to miners -
irritant

Activity: 313

View Profile

Ignore
December 14, 2012, 12:04:14 PM

so now everybody hates ASICMINER?  where did this come from...  just because some think they are building centralized farm? IIRC they want to sell the hardware later..
DutchBrat

Activity: 868

View Profile

Ignore
December 14, 2012, 12:18:18 PM

My guess is it is because people are starting to doubt BFL ever delivering.

The 50TH farm ASICMINER wants to set up will be deployed over a period of months. Back in the day when this project was started up BFL had already sold 100's of TH in pre-orders with a promise to deliver in October 2012 as they had "learned from their mistakes". ASICMINER and its 50TH farm would have never been a problem if BFL had delivered.

Now people are seeing it as a threat as 50TH would be enough to take over the block chain should BFL fail to produce a single working chip.

But it would not  be in the interest of the shareholders if ASICMINER became a threat to Bitcoin as the value of BTC would plummet.

Should BFL go bust then I think it is in everyone's interest if ASICMINER changed it's business plan to make sure everyone understand and sees it is not a threat to anything or anyone.

As it stands at the moment, ASICMINER will be the first ASIC around and small enough to NOT be a threat to Bitcoin. Doe sit suck for people that invested heavily with BFL, of course it does.... but does that mean that ASICMINER is a threat? NO !
DiabloD3

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW

Ignore
December 14, 2012, 01:15:06 PM

DiabloD3, as much as I dislike BFL, luke-jr actually postponed their shipping date from dec 2012 to jan 2013. He quoted ngazhang with Avalons shipping date. And I agree with him that as long as ASICMiner is not offering any consumer-products, it doesn't go on to that page.

I suggest you wear your mod-hat with ice inside it, as you must remain objective when moderating. Calling luke-jr a BFL shill in a pinned topic is a bit harsh, and just shows poor judgement as everyone know how much you loathe BFL.

Look at the entire changelog. He removed ASICMINER completely from the wiki.

kano

Activity: 1008

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile

Ignore
December 15, 2012, 01:13:55 AM

gmaxwell has on a number of occasions edited my posts for no reason, and on a few occasions deleted my posts coz Luke-Jr asked him to - with no basis to actually delete them other than lies from Luke-Jr
I'm not sure why you would wonder about what gmaxwell does.
He's Luke-Jr's lapdog of course.

BTC: 1KanoiBupPiZfkwqB7rfLXAzPnoTshAVmb
CGMiner developer,  IRC FreeNode #cgminer kanoi
Help keep Bitcoin secure by mining on pools with Stratum, the best protocol to mine Bitcoins with ASIC hardware
hahahafr

Activity: 230

View Profile

Ignore
December 15, 2012, 05:51:59 AM

lol http://dramatalk.org/

punin

View Profile WWW

Ignore
December 15, 2012, 11:54:25 AM

As I already said,  I agree with luke-jr that as long as ASICMiner is not offering any consumer-products, it doesn't belong on that page.

Jutarul
Donator

Activity: 728

View Profile

Ignore
December 15, 2012, 03:20:13 PM

As I already said,  I agree with luke-jr that as long as ASICMiner is not offering any consumer-products, it doesn't belong on that page.
Technically, if he removes ASICMINER from vendors he has to add them to contractors... Due to the relationship between planned shareholder dividends and mining profits...

The ASICMINER Project https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.0
"The way you solve things is by making it politically profitable for the wrong people to do the right thing.", Milton Friedman
irritant

Activity: 313

View Profile

Ignore
December 15, 2012, 11:15:42 PM

okay, so, can you tell me, what company is actually offering ASICS right now? (pre-orders with multiple delays dont count)

so just remove the complete ASIC section of the hardware comparison wiki... it doesnt really exist

mrb

Activity: 1008

Audite me. Discite ab meam sapientiam.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
December 15, 2012, 11:44:30 PM

okay, so, can you tell me, what company is actually offering ASICS right now? (pre-orders with multiple delays dont count)

It makes sense for the wiki to document upcoming consumer products.

Mikej0h

Activity: 119

Life is short, play long

View Profile

Ignore
December 16, 2012, 10:46:04 PM

so now everybody hates ASICMINER?  where did this come from...  just because some think they are building centralized farm? IIRC they want to sell the hardware later..

I don't really think that's the case.
People are trying to make profits, and thats why they purchase a ASIC. Whoever seems to be first, or have an idea that might take their profit vanish (or lot less profitable) will be their enemy's.

Earlier it was BFL when they announced (** oh no, can't be true, scam scam), then it became bASIC (after BFL postponed), then people turned over to Avalon, and now it's ASICMINER.

I think that's how people reason, unfortunately human kind are sons of bitches every one in a while Roll Eyes.
friedcat
Donator

Activity: 700

View Profile

Ignore
December 28, 2012, 02:13:43 AM

Update

After a long and anxious waiting, we have finally got our packaged chip samples at hand. Everyone would be busy in the following 2-3 weeks.

The following pics are taken from my cellphone.

30GHash/s of computing power on one table:

Top and bottom side of the chips:

A closer look at our baby:

DiabloD3

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW

Ignore
December 28, 2012, 02:18:57 AM

Update

After a long and anxious waiting, we have finally got our packaged chip samples at hand. Everyone would be busy in the following 2-3 weeks.

The following pics are taken from my cellphone.

I came.

Transisto
Donator

View Profile WWW

Ignore
December 28, 2012, 02:35:09 AM

Cheesy

30ghs with 120 chips ? What's the hash-rate of single chips ?

Visit and contribute to reddit.com/r/Bitcoin
Bogart

Activity: 630

View Profile

Ignore
December 28, 2012, 03:08:07 AM

Cheesy

30ghs with 120 chips ? What's the hash-rate of single chips ?

95 chips.  That'd be 315.789473684211MH/s per.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
punin

View Profile WWW

Ignore
December 28, 2012, 03:12:18 AM

W000000000T!

MrTeal

Activity: 798

View Profile

Ignore
December 28, 2012, 05:09:47 AM

A 5830 in a 6mmx6mm package. Pretty sweet.

Congrats ASICMINER on being first to the party. I hope your chips work.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.