Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:53:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Look at a pirate, eye to eye if you dare.  (Read 60646 times)
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 05:00:52 PM

Thought I would leave this here.

I love you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ErebusBat

Activity: 560

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 06:36:47 PM

Thought I would leave this here.

I love you.

<hugs>

Also it was The Oatmeal who created it, I just thought it awesome and relavent.

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle

Signup for CEX.io BitFury exchange and get GHS Instantly!  Don't wait for shipping, mine NOW!
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2012, 04:15:08 PM

Thanks to all of you that came and sorry I couldn't spend more time with everyone.  I know a few of you were there and didn't get a chance to meet you.

Here is everyone that showed up.

We will do it again!!!

Looks like the image has been removed. Also, Pirate was last seen about an hour ago on this plank board.

~Bruno~
jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 26, 2012, 05:23:37 PM

Looks like the image has been removed. Also, Pirate was last seen about an hour ago on this plank board.

~Bruno~

The last post on 'this plank board'   was almost a month ago, not an hour.

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2012, 05:27:13 PM

~Bruno~

The last post on 'this plank board'   was almost a month ago, not an hour.

The forum keeps track of when it last sees you looking at a post while signed in.  So you can be 'seen' without posting.  Its a bit different than the irc seen.

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 01:04:59 AM

Thanks to all of you that came and sorry I couldn't spend more time with everyone.  I know a few of you were there and didn't get a chance to meet you.

We will do it again!!!

~Bruno~

Anyone know why the photo is now gone?
It's probably due to him closing his dropbox from the stuff that popped up yesterday night. (Thailand Time)
Philj

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 01:15:48 AM

We will do it again!!!

~Bruno~

It's probably due to him closing his dropbox from the stuff that popped up yesterday night. (Thailand Time)

What stuff popped up last night?
ErebusBat

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 01:17:42 AM

Are you saying it was a ponzi now goat?

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle

Signup for CEX.io BitFury exchange and get GHS Instantly!  Don't wait for shipping, mine NOW!
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 01:20:32 AM

We will do it again!!!

~Bruno~

Someone posted a dox on a guy they think is Pirate, linked using that Dropbox account. It's taken down now by the OP himself.
See: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=103380.0
dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 01:26:04 AM

Well here it is again. It is my photo and I hold the rights to it. I will take it down if Pirate asks.
This is useless. Undoubtedly, many have already saved it for potential criminal evidence.
bitcoiners

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 01:29:37 AM

We will do it again!!!

~Bruno~

Someone posted a dox on a guy they think is Pirate, linked using that Dropbox account. It's taken down now by the OP himself.

Here is the real dox

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=101958.msg1135106#msg1135106  There's more at the end of the thread.
sadpandatech

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 02:04:02 AM

Here is the real dox

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=101958.msg1135106#msg1135106  There's more at the end of the thread.

trust me, much more valid ones have been deleted and i'm sure will be making their way around the internet soon enough.

aye, that dox is hella weak....

Anyone capable of doing a real dox could give 2 shits about posting it. Most of the large investors that actually have a sizeable stake to lose, either already have all the info they could ever need or the means to acquire it.

All the kiddie ranting is kinda funny though. ;p

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2012, 03:02:43 AM

He's the devil Smiley  But I am the Super Devil...... Tongue
What about the robot devil?

What abpout the martian robot devil?

I remember that game, damn additive I even played it though a few times without savepoints  Smiley
sadpandatech

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 03:15:05 AM

what does have me wondering is why did pirates website and pirates dads website go down? very odd...

Maybe odd, maybe not. I'm not clear which site was his dad's? Without knowing that though, from what I have seen, it was likely just hosted on the same VS and that got cut off. And or Trendon was managing or responsible for the site and cut it..?

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2012, 03:28:30 AM

what does have me wondering is why did pirates website and pirates dads website go down? very odd...

Maybe odd, maybe not. I'm not clear which site was his dad's? Without knowing that though, from what I have seen, it was likely just hosted on the same VS and that got cut off. And or Trendon was managing or responsible for the site and cut it..?

or perhaps some asshat decided a ddos would be an appropriate course of action for righting their perceived wrong?

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
bitdragon

Activity: 609
Merit: 501

peace

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2012, 11:49:50 AM

or perhaps some asshat decided a ddos would be an appropriate course of action for righting their perceived wrong?

No, I'm pretty sure it was taken down and not being attacked by ddos. Why it was taken down, I don't know.

Edit: If it was to try and hide phone numbers and addresses clearly that did not work.

are you referring to another site than https://btcst.com/login ?
As it seems up for me.

GeoRW

Activity: 350
Merit: 257

Trust No One

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 02:03:49 PM

No, I'm pretty sure it was taken down and not being attacked by ddos. Why it was taken down, I don't know.

Edit: If it was to try and hide phone numbers and addresses clearly that did not work.

Maybe police took it down after someone filed a criminal report on him. They are maybe gathering evidence and trying to prevent him to hide his treasure chest. Did anyone see him online afterwards? If someone called police on him, they might have confiscated his computer, servers etc.
bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462

I heart thebaron

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 08:12:35 PM

Can't...tell...if...serious...

We could only -dream- of a police force that worked that fast. You clearly have no idea of how they work though.

How the fuck is it, being one of the most opinionated on this forum, your last 2 posts are 12hrs apart ?...when you rarely go 12 seconds between posts ?

Did reality just kick you in the head and leave you at a loss for words ?

How's that BET going ?

bigbox

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 08:17:12 PM

Can't...tell...if...serious...

We could only -dream- of a police force that worked that fast. You clearly have no idea of how they work though.

How the fuck is it, being one of the most opinionated on this forum, your last 2 posts are 12hrs apart ?...when you rarely go 12 seconds between posts ?

Did reality just kick you in the head and leave you at a loss for words ?

How's that BET going ?

He's certainly not at a loss for words. He's still quite active on IRC!
ErebusBat

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 08:20:08 PM

IRC > forum

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: