Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 06:17:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: VOD should be removed from default trust for systematic abuse of his position  (Read 55202 times)
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 11:34:37 AM

I think this little exercise has quite concretely proven:

i) Vod is incapable of responding to questions about his use of the trust system, and the feedback that he has left.

ii) Vod attempts to avoids scrutiny by making inappropriate ad hominems and other off-topic remarks.

iii) Vod is unable to identify and prove any instance where TECSHARE supposedly "lied". It is safe to assume that TECSHARE has never lied about Vod, and hence Vod used the trust system inappropriately.

iv) In multiple instances (takagari, TECSHARE, iCEBREAKER) vod has used the trust system as a punitive tool for stifling speech.

v) Based on a precedent theymos has set, Vod should be removed from the trust system.

Quote from: theymos
IMO your ratings of gweedo are inappropriate. His thread title is inaccurate and overly harsh, but this doesn't imply that he's untrustworthy. I feel that allowing your ratings to exist in the default trust network would be counter to the forum's mission of free speech, so I've removed you from the default trust network.

I wonder how the admins will justify keeping Vod's place in the trust network after three 'inappropriate' ratings (as defined by theymos).

They won't justify it, they will just deflect and invalidate by posting a snarky cliched XKCD comic about 'Someone is Wrong on the Internet.'

Vod is Thermos' scam-hunting golden boy.  Who cares about collateral damage or logical consistency?

If not for Vod, BTCT would be overrun with scammers preying on poor halpless noobs....oh wait...   Undecided

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3084

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 11:37:09 AM

I'm glad we were able to contain it to just one thread tonight. 

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Remington_Steele

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 11:46:15 AM

You revoked all three negative ratings from three users after pressure from other forum members. You accused one of being hacked, another for providing false postal code and the third for lying about you. Turns out you were wrong on all three counts. Others before you have faced repercussions for just one 'inappropriate' rating. Do you think you will also be punished?

Can someone organize a bet on this? I'm willing to bet 100 satoshis (I very poor miner) that Vod will not face any censure at all. Any takers?
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 11:47:45 AM

You revoked all three negative ratings from three users after pressure from other forum members. You accused one of being hacked, another for providing false postal code and the third for lying about you. Turns out you were wrong on all three counts. Others before you have faced repercussions for just one 'inappropriate' rating. Do you think you will also be punished?

Can someone organize a bet on this? I'm willing to bet 100 satoshis (I very poor miner) that Vod will not face any censure at all. Any takers?

How will you know if I've been censured?  How do you know I haven't been already?

I was only wrong about the hacked account - the others were correct.  But I removed my negative feedback because it was the right thing to do.  My feedback has weight and I realize that.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 11:52:32 AM

How will you know if I've been censured?  How do you know I haven't been already?
You were asked many times to identify a repercussion you have faced.

You still have not answered that question, and have only replied to the questions with (i) off-topic ad hominems attacks, (ii) demands of 100 BTC for the answer and (iii) posts insulting the intelligence of another user asking the same question.

Given your intentional refusal to identify any repercussions and avoidance of such question, it is safe to assume that you have not received any tangible repercussions. You may have received PMs from people who placed you in their trust list, however that is not a reprecussion.

A repercussion is being removed from DefaultTrust. Scrutiny (which you have received at least publicly but attempted to avoid) is not a repercussion.

Again, Remington_Steele is asking for a repercussion.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 11:57:49 AM

I was only wrong about the hacked account - the others were correct.

No, you were wrong on all three counts. You have failed to ever substantiate how takagari or TECSHARE has "lied" about you.

This thread is evidence.
takagari
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 06:33:12 PM

I think this little exercise has quite concretely proven:

i) Vod is incapable of responding to questions about his use of the trust system, and the feedback that he has left.

ii) Vod attempts to avoids scrutiny by making inappropriate ad hominems and other off-topic remarks.

iii) Vod is unable to identify and prove any instance where TECSHARE supposedly "lied". It is safe to assume that TECSHARE has never lied about Vod, and hence Vod used the trust system inappropriately.

iv) In multiple instances (takagari, TECSHARE, iCEBREAKER) vod has used the trust system as a punitive tool for stifling speech.

v) Based on a precedent theymos has set, Vod should be removed from the trust system.

Quote from: theymos
IMO your ratings of gweedo are inappropriate. His thread title is inaccurate and overly harsh, but this doesn't imply that he's untrustworthy. I feel that allowing your ratings to exist in the default trust network would be counter to the forum's mission of free speech, so I've removed you from the default trust network.

I wonder how the admins will justify keeping Vod's place in the trust network after three 'inappropriate' ratings (as defined by theymos).

They have ignored every attempt actually. and just don't comment.
Theymos hasn't even been in this thread has he?

I don't have a negative mark anymore, but VOD is still making statements which are untrue.
I went from lieing three time's as my negative to the following neutral.
Pathological liar, crybaby, immature and hot headed. I do not recommend doing business with this child.

It would seem that no one has any control over VOD.

But Stating someone laughed and yelled in a pm they sent, which was more of how it was taken in context and not dirrectly spoken. Makes me a pathological liar? The hot Headed part I can accept, calling me a child, well that's simply childish.
Magic8Ball
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 07:06:18 PM

From my own experience, Vod reacts fast when I message some of the trusted members to mark some defaulter or potential scammer. There was one instance when there was a delay in marking SuperDay, and he scammed Blazedout419 and was attempting more before finally getting marked. That was a rare case when Vod was late, and it also demonstrated the need to have someone like Vod who is usually very fast in marking them.

I am not saying Vod is right in this as I assume it would feel terrible to be at the receiving end of a wrong mark. But if Vod is removed then I can see a big problem, unless a few of the others step up publicly and say they are going to act on reports without delay.
takagari
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 07:14:39 PM

From my own experience, Vod reacts fast when I message some of the trusted members to mark some defaulter or potential scammer. There was one instance when there was a delay in marking SuperDay, and he scammed Blazedout419 and was attempting more before finally getting marked. That was a rare case when Vod was late, and it also demonstrated the need to have someone like Vod who is usually very fast in marking them.

I am not saying Vod is right in this as I assume it would feel terrible to be at the receiving end of a wrong mark. But if Vod is removed then I can see a big problem, unless a few of the others step up publicly and say they are going to act on reports without delay.

Removing may be to much, but we are more concerned about the way it's done. He has used the system to state someone has lied.
hell he just called me a pathological liar. And a child. With out reference.
And accused another of having a hacked account

If we use the system as a joke it becomes a joke.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 07:20:50 PM

Removing may be to much, but we are more concerned about the way it's done. He has used the system to state someone has lied.

Vod will be never removed from the defaultTrust list.

Just my two cents.
takagari
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 07:26:09 PM

Just my two cents.

Maybe, but than maybe the administration could ask him to stop leaving feedback based off hurt feelings, to not bend the truth, and leave reference.

I'm unsure how I'm a "pathological" liar, because I said he laughed in a pm, where he hadn't said lol. I simply took the context out of it as him basic ally laughing and yelling

How does this make me a pathological liar.
it's a pretty clear cut case of over exaggerating the truth to make your attack more effective.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 2327

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 07:28:34 PM

The account he "accused" of being hacked was actually proven to be hacked, the person who hacked the account admitted to hacking the account, and theymos confirmed it was hacked.
Sumerian

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 07:32:05 PM

I'm concerned that this "pointing-fingers at each other" behavior is getting worse and worse on this forum. Everyone seems to be hunting down each other and enjoying it. Specially the members with a reputation are being fired on, in my opinion very immature and not a good sign.

Want Free Bitcoins? Check out BitcoInvest
takagari
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 07:35:02 PM

The account he "accused" of being hacked was actually proven to be hacked, the person who hacked the account admitted to hacking the account, and theymos confirmed it was hacked.
Aka?  Yes. Not who I'm speaking of.

Please try to keep up on the threads or don't bother commenting.
iCEBREAKER recently left Vod the following feedback:

"Constantly posts lies about TECSHARE in an effort to have him from from the default trust list. Honest discussion is one thing, but he just posts BS with absolutely no basis.

Not trustworthy."

(This is clearly mocking  the negative feedback Vod has left TECSHARE).

In response, Vod has left negative feedback for iCEBREAKER:

"Possibly hacked account.

Posted the following feedback on my account: "Constantly posts lies about TECSHARE in an effort to have him removed from the default trust list. Honest discussion is one thing, but he just posts BS with absolutely no basis. Not trustworthy."

TECSHARE isn't on the default trust list. Not sure why this user would be lying about me in this way."

-------------

Vod, can you please explain how iCEBREAKER "lied" about you?
takagari
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 07:35:51 PM

I'm concerned that this "pointing-fingers at each other" behavior is getting worse and worse on this forum. Everyone seems to be hunting down each other and enjoying it. Specially the members with a reputation are being fired on, in my opinion very immature and not a good sign.
Maybe,  but those trusted members are being just as childish, and in some cases starting it.
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 07:37:30 PM

IMO, we don't need VOD, Tomatocage does a wonderful job. One "scambuster" is enough (if not too much). Furthermore which does more damage? Maybe missing a scammer that will come back on a new name minutes later anyway, or potentially losing honest members who invested time into this community and wish to trade legitimately? I say that those innocent users caught up in his obsessive behavior are much more of a loss than the "service" VOD provides if any.

Actually no. You are thinking of another user. He also falsely accused iCEBREAKER of having his account hacked in the form of negative trust after he started pointing out his abusive behavior as well.

I have been pointing out this for a while in reference to the staff policy on default trust moderation, basically opening the doors for all kinds of infighting, but they insist I only bring it up because I am "butthurt", and pretend it is not a real issue. As far as records for going around and accusing people, VOD is unmatched in this arena.

Just my two cents.

Well in that case Badbear, Canaryinthemine, and Tomatocage  and some of the staff are all letting VOD make them look incompetent at best, nepotists at worst.

VOD clearly didn't remove those ratings because he "realized the error of his ways" or something, he did it because the community finally stepped up and called him on his bullshit, even if the staff made sure they were looking the other way. He has had a clear pattern of excessive behavior just like this over and over and over. This demonstrates to me VOD is only sorry when it effects VOD, therefore he is a liability to this community in his position of default trust. If that doesn't concern the staff, Badbear, Canaryinthemine, and Tomatocage, well I guess that is just what the community will have to suffer from because they are unwilling to make hard choices and do what is right for everyone, not just their buddies.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 07:47:19 PM

IMO, we don't need VOD, Tomatocage does a wonderful job. One "scambuster" is enough (if not too much).

Not saying Vod hasn't made some mistakes, but I think he at least does do a good job
relentlessly tagging scammers, day in, day out...

Whether its Vod, or whoever, I think its a good thing to have a small
handful of trusted people to neg the scammers...Its not fair to
Tomatocage to shoulder 100% of that.

Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 07:55:26 PM

Actually no. You are thinking of another user. He also falsely accused iCEBREAKER of having his account hacked in the form of negative trust after he started pointing out his abusive behavior as well.

Actually, no.  I believed IB was a hacked account based on the copy/paste wording of his feedback.  It clearly wasn't meant for my profile.  I'm glad IB wasn't hacked and I removed my negative feedback as soon as I found out.  

VOD clearly didn't remove those ratings because he "realized the error of his ways" or something, he did it because the community finally stepped up and called him on his bullshit, even if the staff made sure they were looking the other way.

Actually, no.  I removed the ratings for you and tak because I realized I shouldn't use negative feedback for personal gut feelings.  I've been getting nothing but positive messages from people telling me not to worry about this smear campaign.

Sorry TEC, but I know myself better than you do.  I understand you are butthurt but attacking me for no reason won't get you back on default trust.   Undecided

Magic8Ball
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 08:04:22 PM

IMO, we don't need VOD, Tomatocage does a wonderful job. One "scambuster" is enough (if not too much). Furthermore which does more damage? Maybe missing a scammer that will come back on a new name minutes later anyway, or potentially losing honest members who invested time into this community and wish to trade legitimately? I say that those innocent users caught up in his obsessive behavior are much more of a loss than the "service" VOD provides if any.

Even though Tomatocage does a great job sometimes he takes time to react. I am not blaming him at all, its a voluntary effort and nobody is paying him to do anything. But Vod is usually much faster and have actively prevented scams.

I am not going to debate the rest as I am not sufficiently aware of the facts. I am saying if Vod is removed there should be others ready to step up and that they should also go through Vod's trust and mark all scammers who have so far been marked only by Vod.
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 08:05:39 PM

I am not going to debate the rest as I am not sufficiently aware of the facts. I am saying if Vod is removed there should be others ready to step up and that they should go through Vod's trust and mark all scammers who have so far been marked only by Vod.

Hey, that data is protected by copyright law.  It's my work of art!   Wink

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: