Bitcoin Forum
July 12, 2024, 08:09:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: VOD should be removed from default trust for systematic abuse of his position  (Read 55212 times)
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2015, 07:18:09 AM

Considering he is the one that has damaged my trust rating and I have done nothing more than talk about him, it is easy for him to pretend to be reconciliatory when he loses nothing.

But what if he is willing to work this out with you?

I don't see how you would be adverse to finding a solution given that you are both against people who are outright scammers am I correct?

If the only real issue is he is on list and you are not, that doesn't mean that you can't find a solution to the TRUST issues you have with each other I would hope.

Again seems to me that this forum would be best served if both of you reach across the aisle and make peace and really go after those who would are generally only here to scam others as well as fix the broken trust system.

Neither of you are here scamming anyone that I can tell, nor are you going to in my estimation so that is a common goal of this forum and the trust system essentially. It really isn't good for protracted text wars that amount to disagreement over what 'level' of trust exists in the broken system. Can you both chuck aside your negative trust ratings shake hands and work on helping clean up the forum including your well directed anger at the inadequacies of the trust system. I see a great opportunity here. Unfortunately a lot of other such problems exist where there is a level of scam going on and there is no solution / compromise if they are going to make restitution or continue to scam others. That is not the case here.

There is a consensus.

We would all agree the trust system is fubar and needs work.
We would all agree that scammers are way too prevalent in these forums and a culling is required.
We would all agree that if you two would resolve your issues, no matter who or where the fault lies, both of you would be better off and so would this forum.

How about you both agree to move forward?

If he was willing to work anything out with me he would start by removing his negative rating for me accusing me of lying about him. Even if he could prove that was true, which he can't, it is not a justifiable reason for some one on the default trust to leave a negative rating. Others have been removed for doing this just once, and for far more justifiable reasons.

What do scammers have to do with Vod damaging my reputation in an attempt to silence me speaking about his abusive behavior? It is cute how you are trying to make this sound like this is about me wanting to be on the shitty corrupt default trust list, and not about Vod repeatedly breaking rules which are enforced upon others but not him. You decide what is best for the forum now? That is interesting.

Vod doesn't want to fix the trust system, he gains control from it being broken and corrupt so he can use his "scambusting" just like another method of trust farming. In reality his standard of evidence is nonexistent, so the truth is no one really knows how many innocent people he has made to look like scammers just to make himself appear useful and collect positive trust. He is averaging about 5 negative ratings a day now. Speaking of what is best for the forum, how many honest users do you think he has driven away in his "preventive policing" inquisition to rid the forum of scammers?

Reach across the isle? What fucking isle? This is not congress and I am not running for office. I made this thread so that THE RULES WOULD BE ENFORCED, not just upon me, but also to protect me when those same rules are broken. If the rules are only for certain people, then it is just a matter of time before everything goes to shit (as we have been witnessing). If those with authority do not respect the rules, eventually no one will respect any rules. History has demonstrated this over and over again.

Can you both chuck aside your negative trust ratings shake hands and work on helping clean up the forum including your well directed anger at the inadequacies of the trust system....How about you both agree to move forward?

Uhh, I never left Vod a negative rating... my crime was simply speaking about him in threads, and he decided this was worthy of a negative rating. Once again, it is easy for him to just say lets forget this and be pals when I have been harmed, and continue to have my reputation marked, and he has had to GASP deal with being publicly criticized. Yet still some how you have the audacity to talk to me like we are both share equal fault in this. Grow a brain and stop toadying for this loser.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 07:24:48 AM

My apologies. Let me try again.

1. Can you stop attacking VOD without any concessions for 24 hours?
2. Can VOD stop attacking you without any concessions for 24 hours?

Next.

3. VOD if he is willing to work it out with you will then remove his negative rating of you?
4. Techshare would be willing to continue a peaceful engagement with VOD.

Next as the TRUCE holds.

5. Work together to find some reasonable solutions to the default trust issues that plague the system.
6. Work together to help ameliorate the rampant scamming that continues on in these forums without attacking each other.

Aisle

An aisle is, in general, a space for walking with rows of seats on both sides or with rows of seats on one side and a wall on the other.

Reaching Across the Aisle

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2015, 07:32:40 AM

Next.

3. VOD if he is willing to work it out with you will then remove his negative rating of you?

Next as the TRUCE holds.

5. Work together to find some reasonable solutions to the default trust issues that plague the system.
6. Work together to help ameliorate the rampant scamming that continues on in these forums without attacking each other.

Aisle

An aisle is, in general, a space for walking with rows of seats on both sides or with rows of seats on one side and a wall on the other.

I don't owe any of you anything. He is in the wrong. He is the one that needs to take reconciliatory actions. [/end discussion of your little diplomatic mission]
Bicknellski

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 07:40:15 AM

I didn't ask you to give me anything. I did this for you and VOD not for me.

I asked if you were willing to fix the issue. Still waiting on VOD obviously.

I guess you are not ready. Too bad seems like a waste of time and effort given that you both have the same goal in mind. Ethics above all else. That is the credo you both live by and it is one that I also ascribe. Oh well enjoy your hate filled rants both of you it is most entertaining to watch all the adverbs and adjectives get used up. Eventually you will figure it out I guess.

Next.

Next as the TRUCE holds.

Aisle

I don't owe any of you anything. He is in the wrong. He is the one that needs to take reconciliatory actions. [/end discussion of your little diplomatic mission]

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2015, 07:54:39 AM

I didn't ask you to give me anything. I did this for you and VOD not for me.

I guess you are not ready. Too bad seems like a waste of time and effort given that you both have the same goal in mind. Ethics above all else. That is the credo you both live by and it is one that I also ascribe. Oh well enjoy your hate filled rants both of you it is most entertaining to watch all the adverbs and adjectives get used up. Eventually you will figure it out I guess.

You did ask me to give something, you asked me to give concessions to some one who has not only perpetrated this abuse to begin with, but has refused to make any concessions of his own.

When you get Vod to take some action let me know. Until then save your friendship speech, because the whole concept is nothing but a decisive strategy for him to appear to be taking the moral high ground when he perpetrated this to begin with. He is not interested in restoring anything, he is just flapping his lips and finger tips trying to obfuscate his actions.
Bicknellski

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 09:05:49 AM
Last edit: May 19, 2015, 09:40:12 AM by Bicknellski

Is what I am asking hard to give? The concessions are not for me they are for you and VOD.

Now in terms of friendship no one said that at all. You can hate people all you like I don't give a rats ass. What I do see is two people who hold or are trying to hold the same ethical and moral high ground neither one willing to back down for no other reason than to be 'right'. That is a no win for both of you given what goes on in these forums your anger seems really misplaced at each other.

Again the fact you are willing to let things drop if he kills the negative trust seems doable but that is not up to me that is up to him. If you would rather keep raging on each other so be it but it must get tiresome after awhile.

If you two resolve this I see a much better space because two people who have the same moral baseline would be working against those without any such a baseline whether or not you do that TOGETHER AS FRIENDS means nothing really as long as you take all the energy and channel it for better uses. That is good for me and everyone else here.

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1006

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 11:36:10 AM

Exactly.  Some people just like drama of conflict and get far more juice out of it than they even realize.
There can be no truce today because then it would be boring. Cheesy

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 3101

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2015, 02:13:12 PM

My white flag was waved at 3am on May 17.  I've been ignoring TS from that point on.

I was, and still am, willing to remove the negative if he can show a serious commitment to stop lying.

But that's not my call - I have no control over him and his ego.

BTW, thanks for trying to help.  Smiley

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
Bicknellski

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 05:17:32 PM

If we could do away with the brinkmanship and name calling I am sure you two have an agreement already.

He stops pestering you. You remove the feedback and all is good.

Outstretched hands, shake and move on.

TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2015, 06:58:06 PM

Exactly.  Some people just like drama of conflict and get far more juice out of it than they even realize.

Seriously? You have the nerve to say I am the one seeking drama here when that is literally all that Vod does all day? He is averaging about 5 negative trust ratings a day now. All I am seeking to do is have my trust ratings restored and or have Vod removed from the default trust list because of his abusive actions, something other members have to deal with, but not Vod for some reason. Get a life and stop being Vod's buttboy shill.

My white flag was waved at 3am on May 17.  I've been ignoring TS from that point on.

I was, and still am, willing to remove the negative if he can show a serious commitment to stop lying.

But that's not my call - I have no control over him and his ego.

BTW, thanks for trying to help.  Smiley

It is oh so gracious of you to speak about reconciliation when you are the only one to have caused harm, and you have the ability to remove that harm. What did I do to you? I was critical of your behavior in public! Wow! How will you ever recover from that? You are a hypocrite, and this is nothing but a childish tactic to try to put me on the defensive over abuses YOU perpetrated. Its real fuckin easy to say lets all just put this behind us when you have done your damage and refuse to even fix it.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 08:21:28 PM

Seriously? You have the nerve to say I am the one seeking drama here when that is literally all that Vod does all day

I didn't say "you are the one" , I said "some people".  We all enjoy posting here.

Bicknellski

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 11:25:09 PM

Hand outstretched simply shake and be free.

TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2015, 02:27:00 PM

Hand outstretched simply shake and be free.

He has one hand outstretched while the other twists the knife he stuck in me. This is not the kind of freedom I am looking for.
Bicknellski

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 04:07:24 PM

The more you two attack one another the more time you waste which would be better spent on fixing real problems.

He offered and you offered to resolve it. Why do both of you persist in keeping it going?

If we could do away with the brinkmanship and name calling I am sure you two have an agreement already.

TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 07:48:56 AM

The more you two attack one another the more time you waste which would be better spent on fixing real problems.

He offered and you offered to resolve it. Why do both of you persist in keeping it going?

He hasn't offered anything but words. Now thanks to Theymo's new trust modifications, my trust of over 3 years is effectively null because of Vod's negative rating. He has the ability to remedy this situation, but refuses. His words are meaningless when he takes no action.
Bicknellski

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 07:56:19 AM
Last edit: May 21, 2015, 11:45:49 AM by Bicknellski

He will remove it if you make peace which is simple to promise and carry out as both of you are men of your word... that is what I get so far when I subtract out the negative adjectives both of you are using to describe each other.

Seems like a done deal to me.

What Theymos did or does is not really relavant if you two come to an agreement.

Simply both agree to end hostilities and he removes negative feedback. Problem solved.

Vod?

Can't we all just get along?

I trust you guys why can't you trust each other?

legendster

Activity: 1778
Merit: 764

www.V.systems

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 09:00:52 AM

Dont give up your standpoint.

Sick & tired of the trolls of this forum and its just not me who says that.
I aint got anything against VOD or a Vod wanna Quickseller; but I've had my brush up with both at some point or the other in the past.

Basically they want to be the overseers of everything that goes down in this forum, sure it saves a few noobs some money which they'll lose someway or the other but it mainly discourages bigger projects from gaining any serious traction here.

██████████        ████████████
     ██████████        ██████████
       ██████████        ████████
         ██████████        ██████
           ██████████        ████
             ██████████        ██
               ██████████
                 ██████████
                   ████████
                     ██████
                       ████
                        ██
|
     ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█                 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
 ▄▀                ▄▀█             ▄▀                ▄▀█
 ██████████    █             ██████████    █
 █                █                   █                █    █
 █                █     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█                █    █
 █                █  ▄▀             █                █  ▄▀
 ██████████▀                 ██████████▀
          █                                    █
          █                                    █
     ▄▀ █  ▀▀▀▀█                   ▄▀ █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀█
 ▄▀             ▄▀█               ▄▀               ▄▀ █
 █████████   █               ██████████    █
 █              █   █               █                █    █
 █              █   █               █                █    █
 █              █  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █                █  ▄▀
 █████████▀                  ██████████▀

Blockchain
Database
                             ▄▄▄
                         ▄▄▀  ▀▄▄
        ▄           ▄▄▀  ▄▀▄  ▀▄▄
      █▄█   █████████████████    █
        █     █                              █ ▄▀ ▌
        █     █        ▄    █   ▄         █▀ ▄▌
       ██    █      ▀▄   █    ▄▀       █▀█
       ▌ ▌   █            █                █  █
       ▌ ▌   █                              █  █
       ██    ███████████████████
                     ▀▀▄  ▀▄▀  ▄▀▀
                         ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀
                             ▀▀▀
Dev friendly
SDK Platform
                             ▄▄▄▄
                         ▄▄█    █▄▄
                     ▄▄█            █▄▄
                 ▄▄█       ▄▄▄       █▄▄
                 █       ▄▀      ▀▄       █
               █▀     █      █      █     ▀█
               ▀▀█  █   ▄█▀█▄   █  █▀▀
               █▀▀   █  ▀███▀  █   ▀▀█
               ▀▀█     █    █    █     █▀▀
                   ▀▀█   █  █  █   █▀▀
                       ▀████████▀
                           █▄▄▄▄█
                 █        █▄▄▄▄█      █
             ▄▀ █▄                   ▄█  ▀▄
            █   █▀▄         ▀      ▄▀█    █
           █   █  █  ▌      ▀   ▐  █  █    █
           █   █▄▀▄▌      ▀   ▐▄▀▄█    █
           █       █          ▀        █       █
        █▀▀▀▀▀▀█                █▀▀▀▀▀▀█
        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
User-friendly
Token Creation
|
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 03:12:44 AM

He hasn't offered anything but words. Now thanks to Theymo's new trust modifications, my trust of over 3 years is effectively null because of Vod's negative rating. He has the ability to remedy this situation, but refuses. His words are meaningless when he takes no action.

that is pretty weird. you have many positive trust and only one neg from Vod...why is your overall trust turned to crap?

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 3101

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2015, 03:40:20 AM
Last edit: May 27, 2015, 04:32:56 AM by Vod

that is pretty weird. you have many positive trust and only one neg from Vod...why is your overall trust turned to crap?

That is weird.  One negative trust alone shouldn't turn a person's trust like that - esp when he has so many positives.

Since this thread is in Meta, maybe Theymos will see this and address it.  Thx to QS for the explanation below.

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 2348

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 03:50:09 AM

That is weird.  One negative trust alone shouldn't turn a person's trust like that - esp when he has so many positives.

Since this thread is in Meta, maybe Theymos will see this and address it.
If the most recent rating is a negative (I think while ignoring neutrals), then that person's trust rating will either be negative or will be a triple question mark. theymos already has addressed this situation specifically

It looks like no matter what if the last feedback you receive is negative then you will either have a ?? ? Trust score or a negative score.

Correct. Your trust network is assumed to consist of people who are basically reasonable. So if any trusted ratings are negative (which means "this person is probably a scammer, watch out!"), then this should be taken very seriously. That's why a single negative rating can easily cause a loss of 100+ trust points in this new algorithm. And if the most recent rating is negative, then this is a strong indicator that the person may have been running a long con which has turned into a full-blown scam.

If anyone is abusing this by reposting negative trust unnecessarily or giving out negative trust too easily, then you should remove them from your trust network.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: