Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:49:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I believe a beautiful and very bullish Bitcoin storm is forming  (Read 13883 times)
BitChick (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 10:22:18 PM

Most of you know that I am an unashamed Bitcoin bull and have been so for a while now, but I think we are on the verge of some exciting times.

This Bitstamp issue might actually be a huge blessing in disguise.  It comes on the cusp of some major advertising for Bitcoin with the widely viewed Bitcoin Bowl and a good presence at CES this week just to name a couple things.  Roger Ver is bringing some press on the main page of Yahoo today (and on Business Insider) indirectly for not being allowed in the US, but it is press nonetheless. And these are just a few small things on the top of my head.  With the price undervalued right now (which I believe firmly that it is) It won't take much for the price to rebound.

That said, I feel strongly it is "when" and not "if" Bitstamp resumes operations, the price will jump and it will surprise all these newbies on the sidelines.  When they see the price move as quickly as some of us know the Bitcoin price can move, they will decide to throw some money in because they don't want to miss out.  That is how these bubbles begin.  It will just build from there. People throw in a little money, they see how much they earn in a week and they throw in more and so it goes.  How high will the price reach this time? Well that is debatable of course, but easily back to the ATH we achieved before.

So I feel like I am watching a storm in the distance and waiting for it to approach.  Smiley  Hopefully it is a tsunami and not just a few rain drops.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 10:27:16 PM

*Seriously tho, didn't your hubby used to post here?  He gone?
BitChick (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 10:28:34 PM

*Seriously tho, didn't your hubby used to post here?  He gone?

He will come back when the price rebounds.  I think the low prices depress him more than me even. Wink

Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1013

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2015, 10:33:48 PM

Your username makes me wonder why you chose it. Do you expect special treatment because you're a chick?

Or perhaps chicken is just your spirit animal or something... Tongue

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
HeliKopterBen

Activity: 622
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 10:35:14 PM

Well the bear market certainly didn't weed you out.  Notice I speak of bear market in past tense although there may be a possibility for 1 more slight new low, but the upside potential is huge.

Counterfeit:  made in imitation of something else with intent to deceive:  merriam-webster
lemfuture

Activity: 686

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 10:36:05 PM

two words. bitstamp hacked

1ADLcfwTofFXb95pKhebpeRkJ4WTWsvQXB
riiiiising

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 10:36:17 PM

You certainly have some strong faith in bitcoin. I just hope you don't go too far and you have a plan B for when (not if) the bottom falls out of the market. You seem to take things for granted based on your faith (ie. Bitstamp WILL re-open, and price WILL rally again) but there doesn't seem to be any catalysts on the horizon for such a move. There is no more momentum behind bitcoin like there was up until 2013, when merchant adoption was beginning and the silk road still seemed like a possible black market business model. Now people barely take notice when companies adopt bitcoin, China is out, and Ulbricht is behind bars (and his coins seized... so much for bitcoin being completely secure).

You're right that there is publicity, but most of it is associated with hacks, exchanges going under, and people who denounced their citizenship and trying to re-enter the country to pump their investment. Not a good image. Well, good luck to you.

▆▆▆ ▅▅▅ ▃▃▃ ▂▂▂ W H A L E  M A K E R  ▂▂▂ ▃▃▃ ▅▅▅ ▆▆▆
⚫ ⚫ ⚫  A  F U N D R A I S I N G  P L A T F O R M  F O R  M A S S I V E  D I S R U P T I O N  ⚫ ⚫ ⚫
▬▬▬▬▬   ANN Thread      Oceanpaper      Twitter      Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬
zoinky

Activity: 811
Merit: 1000

Web Developer

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 10:36:32 PM

Damnit, we were so close to bitcoin becoming boring.
BitChick (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 10:36:52 PM

Your username makes me wonder why you chose it. Do you expect special treatment because you're a chick?

Or perhaps chicken is just your spirit animal or something... Tongue

I joined a couple years ago and there were even less females on this board then than there are now.

I think there have been times when I asked a stupid question and I have been treated a little nicer than some perhaps, but I have also been made fun of for my username too.   Undecided

pa

Activity: 528
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 10:38:55 PM

Most of you know that I am an unashamed Bitcoin bull and have been so for a while now, but I think we are on the verge of some exciting times.

This Bitstamp issue might actually be a huge blessing in disguise.  It comes on the cusp of some major advertising for Bitcoin with the widely viewed Bitcoin Bowl and a good presence at CES this week just to name a couple things.  Roger Ver is bringing some press on the main page of Yahoo today (and on Business Insider) indirectly for not being allowed in the US, but it is press nonetheless. And these are just a few small things on the top of my head.  With the price undervalued right now (which I believe firmly that it is) It won't take much for the price to rebound.

That said, I feel strongly it is "when" and not "if" Bitstamp resumes operations, the price will jump and it will surprise all these newbies on the sidelines.  When they see the price move as quickly as some of us know the Bitcoin price can move, they will decide to throw some money in because they don't want to miss out.  That is how these bubbles begin.  It will just build from there. People throw in a little money, they see how much they earn in a week and they throw in more and so it goes.  How high will the price reach this time? Well that is debatable of course, but easily back to the ATH we achieved before.

So I feel like I am watching a storm in the distance and waiting for it to approach.  Smiley  Hopefully it is a tsunami and not just a few rain drops.

I agree and would add that whenever Lawsky gets his act together and promulgates his BitLicense regulations in final form, the least timid of the institutional investors and Wall Street will begin to dip their toes in the Bitcoin market. Given the size of their toes, this could cause quite a dramatic price increase.
BitChick (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 10:39:06 PM

You certainly have some strong faith in bitcoin. I just hope you don't go too far and you have a plan B for when (not if) the bottom falls out of the market. You seem to take things for granted based on your faith (ie. Bitstamp WILL re-open, and price WILL rally again) but there doesn't seem to be any catalysts on the horizon for such a move. There is no more momentum behind bitcoin like there was up until 2013, when merchant adoption was beginning and the silk road still seemed like a possible black market business model. Now people barely take notice when companies adopt bitcoin, China is out, and Ulbricht is behind bars (and his coins seized... so much for bitcoin being completely secure).

You're right that there is publicity, but most of it is associated with hacks, exchanges going under, and people who denounced their citizenship and trying to re-enter the country to pump their investment. Not a good image. Well, good luck to you.

I have posted this before but I agree that it is stupid not to invest more than a person is willing and able to lose 100% of.  Sure it is risky, but many investments are.  Hubby and I had our own business for a while.  That was risky too and we lost more money with that than we will ever lose on BTC.  Life is filled with risks.  It makes it more "fun" that way I believe. Wink

xDan

Activity: 688

ヽ( ㅇㅅㅇ)ノ ~!!

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 10:47:18 PM

It's certainly a return to exciting times.

But will the storm brew for weeks, months, or years?

HODLing for the longest time. Skippin fast right around the moon. On a rocketship straight to mars.
Up, up and away with my beautiful, my beautiful Bitcoin~
BitChick (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 11:01:02 PM

It's certainly a return to exciting times.

But will the storm brew for weeks, months, or years?

Typically Bitcoin bubbles do not last very long.  Hopefully we have a repeat of 2013 though with a couple great months.  Time will tell.

Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1013

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2015, 11:10:55 PM

I joined a couple years ago and there were even less females on this board then than there are now.

I think there have been times when I asked a stupid question and I have been treated a little nicer than some perhaps, but I have also been made fun of for my username too.   Undecided

That's what I thought and probably I'm not the last person who makes fun of your username. I don't approve people indicating that they should somehow be treated differently than the majority because they have something else between their legs than the majority. Last time I checked bitcointalk.org did not have dating subforum and thus advertising your gender in these forums seems inappropriate. While it's good to know that there are females in the community, asking for special treatment basically says that you don't want to be treated equally to men. The latter gets you in a pretty uncomfortable position, considering the hypocrisy in feminism. If this place was anything like 4chan, any reference to OP being a girl would get an instant answer "TITS OR GTFO".

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
riiiiising

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 11:17:27 PM

That's what I thought and probably I'm not the last person who makes fun of your username. I don't approve people indicating that they should somehow be treated differently than the majority because they have something else between their legs than the majority. Last time I checked bitcointalk.org did not have dating subforum and thus advertising your gender in these forums seems inappropriate. While it's good to know that there are females in the community, asking for special treatment basically says that you don't want to be treated equally to men. The latter gets you in a pretty uncomfortable position, considering the hypocrisy in feminism. If this place was anything like 4chan, any reference to OP being a girl would get an instant answer "TITS OR GTFO".

Unless stated otherwise, basically everyone on this forum is male. So why are you so fixated on her gender? Just because someone has "chick" in their name doesn't equate to them asking for special treatment  Huh

▆▆▆ ▅▅▅ ▃▃▃ ▂▂▂ W H A L E  M A K E R  ▂▂▂ ▃▃▃ ▅▅▅ ▆▆▆
⚫ ⚫ ⚫  A  F U N D R A I S I N G  P L A T F O R M  F O R  M A S S I V E  D I S R U P T I O N  ⚫ ⚫ ⚫
▬▬▬▬▬   ANN Thread      Oceanpaper      Twitter      Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬
Equus

Activity: 136

Why the long face?

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 11:41:17 PM

Yup.  Storm's a-coming

Also,  why do the threads started by girls never end up being about what is in the OP?  And why is nobody getting after spooderman, traderman, jimbotoronto, adam, Fatman3001, Ivanhoe, billyjoeallen or ThatDGuy for advertising their gender?

This place could use a chickstorm.  Cheesy

-.-. -.-. -- ..-.
coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1179

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2015, 11:51:09 PM

Unless stated otherwise, basically everyone on this forum is male. So why are you so fixated on her gender? Just because someone has "chick" in their name doesn't equate to them asking for special treatment  Huh

Because he's a sexist piece of shit. Look at his other posts, this guy is unbelievable. It wasn't long ago that he posted there should be genetic engineering on the human genome so that every man could have a beautiful woman and that all the beautiful women are already "taken"... maybe it's just because he's a total asshole and no one is interested in being with him.

Regarding females, same expectations here Cheesy it's starting to piss me off that the beautiful ones are always taken. Am I the only one thinking that or is it a wide spread curse of all men? Shit we need genetic engineering of humans ASAP because every man should have a human right for a beautiful partner.

Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 11:56:54 PM

last time i've checked, bitcointalk.org isn't zoo or animal care forum, so hyena's should be inappropriate for these forums more than any gender humans Wink don't ask for special animal treatment by calling yourself some animal.  maybe she is an alien trying to fit in with us humans and some animals ?!      
all of this is pointless bs
Xiaoxiao
Legendary

Activity: 1274

The Golden Rule Rules

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 11:59:23 PM

Aw jeez, I think you just jinxed everyone with this gut feeling of yours.
BitChick (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 12:10:28 AM

Aw jeez, I think you just jinxed everyone with this gut feeling of yours.

True.  It wouldn't be the first time I did that!  Granted, being a bull in 2014 was not an easy thing to be though.  I have high hopes for 2015! Cheesy

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: