Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 08:27:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I believe a beautiful and very bullish Bitcoin storm is forming  (Read 13883 times)
Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1013

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 10:51:24 PM

so you are not advertising your gender ?
 Wink

fuck you guys are missing the point. I don't expect special treatment. it is a well known fact that women sometimes in the online forums indicate purposely what their gender is so that men would not talk to them like they talk to other men.

But that's unfair, you were advertising that you are Hyena since the very start! It is a well known fact that men at forums mostly don't talk to hyenas like they talk to other men  Grin

Hah, it's funny you pointed that out because to be honest, people generally dislike hyenas. Hyenas as animals are very misunderstood, so by choosing to be known as Hyena I am actually putting myself in a poor starting position. So in a sense, I do expect to be treated differently because of my username Cheesy how ironic.

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
riiiiising

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 10:51:37 PM

Looks like price is falling again across exchanges. Just out of curiosity bitchick, what price would we need to fall to for you to lose faith in bitcoin adoption?

▆▆▆ ▅▅▅ ▃▃▃ ▂▂▂ W H A L E  M A K E R  ▂▂▂ ▃▃▃ ▅▅▅ ▆▆▆
⚫ ⚫ ⚫  A  F U N D R A I S I N G  P L A T F O R M  F O R  M A S S I V E  D I S R U P T I O N  ⚫ ⚫ ⚫
▬▬▬▬▬   ANN Thread      Oceanpaper      Twitter      Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬
Hyena
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 11:02:34 PM

Maybe, some of us that have less feminist and more traditional ways of thinking, would like to extend the opportunity for men to act like gentlemen around us?  Not that I am expecting that in reality though. Wink

That's a fair point but it gets me to a grey zone where I don't really know what side to choose. On the one hand I am butthurt because girls abuse their gender privileges a lot to get what they want but on the other hand a honest girl with good intentions definitely deserves good treatment. Since you have proven yourself to be worthy, this paradox is not relevant any more.

BitChick (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 11:15:27 PM

Most of you know that I am an unashamed Bitcoin bull and have been so for a while now, but I think we are on the verge of some exciting times.

This Bitstamp issue might actually be a huge blessing in disguise.  It comes on the cusp of some major advertising for Bitcoin with the widely viewed Bitcoin Bowl and a good presence at CES this week just to name a couple things.  Roger Ver is bringing some press on the main page of Yahoo today (and on Business Insider) indirectly for not being allowed in the US, but it is press nonetheless. And these are just a few small things on the top of my head.  With the price undervalued right now (which I believe firmly that it is) It won't take much for the price to rebound.

That said, I feel strongly it is "when" and not "if" Bitstamp resumes operations, the price will jump and it will surprise all these newbies on the sidelines.  When they see the price move as quickly as some of us know the Bitcoin price can move, they will decide to throw some money in because they don't want to miss out.  That is how these bubbles begin.  It will just build from there. People throw in a little money, they see how much they earn in a week and they throw in more and so it goes.  How high will the price reach this time? Well that is debatable of course, but easily back to the ATH we achieved before.

So I feel like I am watching a storm in the distance and waiting for it to approach.  Smiley  Hopefully it is a tsunami and not just a few rain drops.

If you actually believe in your forecast, write it into the blockchain to be preserved forever, or you are just blowing smoke:

http://bit-comm.appspot.com/forum/Predictions

...are you seriously doubting that bitchick, someone who has never wavered from her bullish position, does not genuinely have faith that bitcoin will rally again?

It's already "preserved forever" on this forum, which in turn is archived.

No one can argue with my consistency.  The good news is if Bitcoin is wildly successful, I will be able to say, "I told you so" in a few years. Grin What women doesn't like doing that!  On the other hand, I might have to walk away in shame and say that all the trolls were (cough, choke, sigh) right.  Sad But I feel confident that at this point the scales are tipped in my favor and anyone that has any sense of long-term vision can see that we are going somewhere!

I mentioned this a while ago on reddit.  I have my real estate license and I made the analogy once that the people that can "see" what Bitcoin is and will become are like the people that can walk into an empty house and envision what it will or can look like once the furniture is in place, or even envision what a wall knocked out can do for a floor plan that isn't ideal.  There are people that can only see a house for what it looks like at the present.  They look at the furniture (which isn't even being sold with the house) and say that they hate it and leave.  Sometimes home buyers even balk at a house because of the color of the paint.  Paint is very easy to change.  There are people that look at Bitcoin for what it is now and say it is a horrible investment.  It went down from $1200 to $280.  In reality they should be saying, "Now is an amazing time to buy!  It is only $280 and we already know it can get up to at least $1200!"  It is all in how you look at it.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
Hyena
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 11:25:08 PM

No one can argue with my consistency.  The good news is if Bitcoin is wildly successful, I will be able to say, "I told you so" in a few years. Grin What women doesn't like doing that!  On the other hand, I might have to walk away in shame and say that all the trolls were (cough, choke, sigh) right.  Sad But I feel confident that at this point the scales are tipped in my favor and anyone that has any sense of long-term vision can see that we are going somewhere!

I mentioned this a while ago on reddit.  I have my real estate license and I made the analogy once that the people that can "see" what Bitcoin is and will become are like the people that can walk into an empty house and envision what it will or can look like once the furniture is in place, or even envision what a wall knocked out can do for a floor plan that isn't ideal.  There are people that can only see a house for what it looks like at the present.  They look at the furniture (which isn't even being sold with the house) and say that they hate it and leave.  Sometimes home buyers even balk at a house because of the color of the paint.  Paint is very easy to change.  There are people that look at Bitcoin for what it is now and say it is a horrible investment.  It went down from $1200 to $280.  In reality they should be saying, "Now is an amazing time to buy!  It is only $280 and we already know it can get up to at least $1200!"  It is all in how you look at it.

That's a fine post and I also look at things the same way. That's the reason why I sometimes check out even fat chicks who have really pretty faces because I know that fat can be burned away, anyone can do it. But bone structure is much harder to change Cheesy.

SnokkomBTC

Activity: 559
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 11:28:58 PM

That's a fine post and I also look at things the same way. That's the reason why I sometimes check out even fat chicks who have really pretty faces because I know that fat can be burned away, anyone can do it. But bone structure is much harder to change Cheesy.
rofl Cheesy

Sometimes, if it looks too bearish, it's actually bullish
BitChick (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 12:18:33 AM

How noble of you.  What does the chick have to envision about you?  Perhaps that you can really love someone other than yourself and that you have the potential to really care about her as a person and not just a trophy on your arm?

Hyena
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2015, 01:25:16 AM

How noble of you.  What does the chick have to envision about you?  Perhaps that you can really love someone other than yourself and that you have the potential to really care about her as a person and not just a trophy on your arm?

Keep your bitter sarcasm and save your energy. Your image of me is malformed and the discussion you attempt to force on me is a folly driven by your fantasy of confronting that jerk-type-of-guy who is full of self-importance and whom everyone hates. For a moment I thought you're OK but boy that moment was short.

NotHatinJustTrollin

Activity: 462
Merit: 107

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2015, 01:30:39 AM

Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 02:31:38 AM

Keep your bitter sarcasm and save your energy. Your image of me is malformed and the discussion you attempt to force on me is a folly driven by your fantasy of confronting that jerk-type-of-guy who is full of self-importance and whom everyone hates. For a moment I thought you're OK but boy that moment was short.

Seriously, you should stop embarrassing yourself. It's kinda painful to watch.

Bitcoin = Gold on steroids
BTCtrader71

Activity: 784

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 02:45:26 AM

We all know you're not that guy, Hyena.

But you sure are doing a good job of impersonating that guy. Pretty impressive actually.

BTC: 14oTcy1DNEXbcYjzPBpRWV11ZafWxNP8EU
derpinheimer
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 04:07:56 AM

Seriously, you should stop embarrassing yourself. It's kinda painful to watch.
Right? I think his original question was reasonable (although totally random),but after that? Wow. Guy is a total fuckup.
BitChick (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 05:24:46 AM

But you sure are doing a good job of impersonating that guy. Pretty impressive actually.

I can't read Hyena.  Sometimes he can be the nicest guy ever then other times he comes across as the ultimate male chauvinist.    Perhaps he was just joking about how "even checks out fat chicks sometimes" because they could lose weight.  I hope it was just a joke.   But as a women that has struggled with anorexia and bulimia in the past because of a horrible culture that places way too much value on a women's weight, then couple that with the fact that men want skinny women but with a large chest ( It doesn't worth both ways unless the chest is fake 99% of the time) this struck a nerve with me.  Men can be so ridiculous sometimes.  Many place far too much value in a women's appearance.  For the men that are only looking for relationships with women that they find physically attractive I like to ask, "How many hours in the day can you have sex with someone?  You have to be friends with the person the other 23 1/2 hours."  Also, if a person dates and then marries a women based on her looks, what happens when the woman turns 40 or 50 and starts getting wrinkles and gray hair and maybe gains a pound or two?  Does he just trade her in for a younger better looking woman?  I guess if that is all that matters to them they do.  But the best relationships are based on friendship first.

Sorry this is way off topic.  Women love to go off topic though.  Grin

Hyena
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2015, 11:43:39 AM

Good morning my fellow participants in this discussion!

YES! Cheesy At times I play the ultimate test/honeypot for stereotypical thinkers who have inner butthurt for some issues and who will see in my words what they want to see. Remember, if I say something overly stupid or radical, then I'm probably joking. You can apply the latter even in your everyday life and you will be amazed how it saves you from getting into pointless fights and misunderstandings. Even if the other person is not joking, it does not hurt to laugh because that's a safe bet Cheesy and always softens the situation. Remember, you don't want to really get into stupid human arguments because then emotions start to radiate and it will drain your personal energy. Don't feed the flyers. Pretend to be upset if the situation requires it but don't really be upset.

I can't read Hyena.  Sometimes he can be the nicest guy ever then other times he comes across as the ultimate male chauvinist.    Perhaps he was just joking about how "even checks out fat chicks sometimes" because they could lose weight.  I hope it was just a joke.

Yes, I was joking. I thought it was obvious because such level of exaggeration is typically a joke. SnokkomBTC even replied "rofl Cheesy" and it should have been a hint for you. I'm sure he enjoyed a couple of good laughs, even I did laugh for several minutes for what I said, imagining a guy who would really check out fat chicks in that hope Cheesy what a good investor that guy would be.

However, there are bits of truth to every joke, right? The joke has to be plausible in order to be good, remember Poe's law? In my situation it goes like this: I'm dating a girl who has some fat here and there but she is very eagerly hitting the gym and she has a face of an angel. It would be stupid of me to discard her for that extra fat. Thus, I ignore it, not even mention it, but I do compliment her for working out when it's appropriate.

I know that in our ill world we have all kinds of unnatural expectations for people and it brings much suffering. However, I also know that intent can work miracles (mind over matter). The appearance of your physical body is nothing final and can be manipulated with the use of unbending intent. Beauty is just a perception and since it's subjective to begin with, you can even change whether other people perceive you as beautiful or not. They who have read The Last Wish by Andrzej Sapkowski should remember that usually average or rather ugly girls were the best candidates for becoming a sorceress and of course one of their tricks was to appear as attractive. The danger of this lies in the self-importance of the practitioner as they must never give in to their ego or they will soon find a sad end. Self-importance kills, literally. So, one has an option to either give in to their self-pity and think that they can change nothing or change themselves and be amazed how it changes the world they reflect.

xDan

Activity: 688

ヽ( ㅇㅅㅇ)ノ ~!!

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 12:38:11 PM

I think we can all agree that real beauty comes from a fixed supply and resistance to double spending.

HODLing for the longest time. Skippin fast right around the moon. On a rocketship straight to mars.
Up, up and away with my beautiful, my beautiful Bitcoin~
pa

Activity: 528
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 02:26:27 PM

I think we can all agree that real beauty comes from a fixed supply and resistance to double spending.

And elliptic curves...
xDan

Activity: 688

ヽ( ㅇㅅㅇ)ノ ~!!

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 02:46:21 PM

And elliptic curves...
dem curves, phoarr Shocked

HODLing for the longest time. Skippin fast right around the moon. On a rocketship straight to mars.
Up, up and away with my beautiful, my beautiful Bitcoin~
ssmc2
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 02:50:08 PM

And elliptic curves...
dem curves, phoarr Shocked

asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 03:07:43 PM

Most of you know that I am an unashamed Bitcoin bull and have been so for a while now, but I think we are on the verge of some exciting times.

This Bitstamp issue might actually be a huge blessing in disguise.  It comes on the cusp of some major advertising for Bitcoin with the widely viewed Bitcoin Bowl and a good presence at CES this week just to name a couple things.  Roger Ver is bringing some press on the main page of Yahoo today (and on Business Insider) indirectly for not being allowed in the US, but it is press nonetheless. And these are just a few small things on the top of my head.  With the price undervalued right now (which I believe firmly that it is) It won't take much for the price to rebound.

That said, I feel strongly it is "when" and not "if" Bitstamp resumes operations, the price will jump and it will surprise all these newbies on the sidelines.  When they see the price move as quickly as some of us know the Bitcoin price can move, they will decide to throw some money in because they don't want to miss out.  That is how these bubbles begin.  It will just build from there. People throw in a little money, they see how much they earn in a week and they throw in more and so it goes.  How high will the price reach this time? Well that is debatable of course, but easily back to the ATH we achieved before.

So I feel like I am watching a storm in the distance and waiting for it to approach.  Smiley  Hopefully it is a tsunami and not just a few rain drops.

one question: if the price will rise in, i don't know, three days, of 15%, do you call this "few rain drops" or "a little single drop"?
Hyena
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2015, 03:30:11 PM

That dude's face... Cheesy

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: