Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:26:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I believe a beautiful and very bullish Bitcoin storm is forming  (Read 13883 times)
BitChick (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 03:43:56 PM

I can't read Hyena.  Sometimes he can be the nicest guy ever then other times he comes across as the ultimate male chauvinist.    Perhaps he was just joking about how "even checks out fat chicks sometimes" because they could lose weight.  I hope it was just a joke.

Yes, I was joking. I thought it was obvious because such level of exaggeration is typically a joke. SnokkomBTC even replied "rofl Cheesy" and it should have been a hint for you.

Some girls just can't take a joke. Wink

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
fallinglantern

Activity: 260
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 04:45:37 PM

YES! Cheesy At times I play the ultimate test/honeypot for stereotypical thinkers who have inner butthurt for some issues and who will see in my words what they want to see. Remember, if I say something overly stupid or radical, then I'm probably joking. You can apply the latter even in your everyday life and you will be amazed how it saves you from getting into pointless fights and misunderstandings. Even if the other person is not joking, it does not hurt to laugh because that's a safe bet Cheesy and always softens the situation. Remember, you don't want to really get into stupid human arguments because then emotions start to radiate and it will drain your personal energy. Don't feed the flyers. Pretend to be upset if the situation requires it but don't really be upset.

This. So much this. You'll easily add 10-15 years to your life by keeping a cool head.
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 05:01:49 PM

I think we can all agree that real beauty comes from a fixed supply and resistance to double spending.

great work, right there Smiley

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
bclcjunkie

Activity: 833

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 05:14:02 PM

i think you're overoptimistic and naive.. bitcoin raced way ahead of itself and still hasn't corrected to its true value yet.. think of dotcom bubble... time to come i don't think many hodlers like you will take that well...
HarmonLi

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Honest 80s business!

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 05:29:14 PM

i think you're overoptimistic and naive.. bitcoin raced way ahead of itself and still hasn't corrected to its true value yet.. think of dotcom bubble... time to come i don't think many hodlers like you will take that well...

On the other hand we may not even have seen the 'real' bubble yet. I also believe we may have gotten a tad ahead of the curve with the two bubbles back in 2013, but I don't believe we're 'hopelessly' ahead and are in for a ground shaking correction.

aztecminer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 05:43:34 PM

Your username makes me wonder why you chose it. Do you expect special treatment because you're a chick?

Or perhaps chicken is just your spirit animal or something... Tongue

I joined a couple years ago and there were even less females on this board then than there are now.

I think there have been times when I asked a stupid question and I have been treated a little nicer than some perhaps, but I have also been made fun of for my username too.   Undecided

no way! no one on this forum could be making fun of your name! where ??
Warren Buffert

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 05:43:38 PM

Good morning my fellow participants in this discussion!

How noble of you.  What does the chick have to envision about you?  Perhaps that you can really love someone other than yourself and that you have the potential to really care about her as a person and not just a trophy on your arm?

Keep your bitter sarcasm and save your energy. Your image of me is malformed and the discussion you attempt to force on me is a folly driven by your fantasy of confronting that jerk-type-of-guy who is full of self-importance and whom everyone hates. For a moment I thought you're OK but boy that moment was short.

We all know you're not that guy, Hyena.

But you sure are doing a good job of impersonating that guy. Pretty impressive actually.

YES! Cheesy At times I play the ultimate test/honeypot for stereotypical thinkers who have inner butthurt for some issues and who will see in my words what they want to see. Remember, if I say something overly stupid or radical, then I'm probably joking. You can apply the latter even in your everyday life and you will be amazed how it saves you from getting into pointless fights and misunderstandings. Even if the other person is not joking, it does not hurt to laugh because that's a safe bet Cheesy and always softens the situation. Remember, you don't want to really get into stupid human arguments because then emotions start to radiate and it will drain your personal energy. Don't feed the flyers. Pretend to be upset if the situation requires it but don't really be upset.

I can't read Hyena.  Sometimes he can be the nicest guy ever then other times he comes across as the ultimate male chauvinist.    Perhaps he was just joking about how "even checks out fat chicks sometimes" because they could lose weight.  I hope it was just a joke.

Yes, I was joking. I thought it was obvious because such level of exaggeration is typically a joke. SnokkomBTC even replied "rofl Cheesy" and it should have been a hint for you. I'm sure he enjoyed a couple of good laughs, even I did laugh for several minutes for what I said, imagining a guy who would really check out fat chicks in that hope Cheesy what a good investor that guy would be.

However, there are bits of truth to every joke, right? The joke has to be plausible in order to be good, remember Poe's law? In my situation it goes like this: I'm dating a girl who has some fat here and there but she is very eagerly hitting the gym and she has a face of an angel. It would be stupid of me to discard her for that extra fat. Thus, I ignore it, not even mention it, but I do compliment her for working out when it's appropriate.

I know that in our ill world we have all kinds of unnatural expectations for people and it brings much suffering. However, I also know that intent can work miracles (mind over matter). The appearance of your physical body is nothing final and can be manipulated with the use of unbending intent. Beauty is just a perception and since it's subjective to begin with, you can even change whether other people perceive you as beautiful or not. They who have read The Last Wish by Andrzej Sapkowski should remember that usually average or rather ugly girls were the best candidates for becoming a sorceress and of course one of their tricks was to appear as attractive. The danger of this lies in the self-importance of the practitioner as they must never give in to their ego or they will soon find a sad end. Self-importance kills, literally. So, one has an option to either give in to their self-pity and think that they can change nothing or change themselves and be amazed how it changes the world they reflect.

Did you forget to take your meds today?
wormbog

Activity: 561
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 05:46:04 PM

Bitchick, I share your optimism about the price of bitcoin in the future. But I hope the next rise is from gradually building sustainable growth rather than another speculative bubble.

Of course if a bubble takes us to $10k for a little while I suppose I'd be OK with that too. Smiley
BitChick (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 06:02:29 PM

Bitchick, I share your optimism about the price of bitcoin in the future. But I hope the next rise is from gradually building sustainable growth rather than another speculative bubble.

Of course if a bubble takes us to $10k for a little while I suppose I'd be OK with that too. Smiley

Gradually building sustainable growth is boring. Wink

I think one of the things about Bitcoin that excites new users/investors is that it does have periods of rapid growth.  Sure there is some people that join in just for speculative reasons but at least they are interested in BTC because of that and it causes a huge excitement in being involved with BTC.  The decline in price this past year frustrates me mostly because I am concerned that there are a large group of people that have lost all interest in Bitcoin.  I get frustrated when I hear people talk about how they want the price "stable."  There will be plenty of time for stability later but we are in the early stages of this and I think stability and even slow growth is not something we should even desire or expect.

sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 06:34:04 PM

Did you forget to take your meds today?

a troll/sock/alt not reading a post before responding?

this must be a first.

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
exocytosis

Activity: 476

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 06:36:03 PM

When is Jesus Christ coming back, BitChick? When is Judgment Day?
BitChick (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 06:41:28 PM

If the angels don't even know, how am I supposed to?  Cheesy

It is wise to be ready at all times.

exocytosis

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 06:51:28 PM

Okay. Cool.

Jesus loves Bitcoin. He loves gambling. I read it in the Bible. 

BitChick (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 06:56:59 PM

Okay. Cool.

Jesus was able to "mine" a coin from a fish.  I think he would have liked Bitcoin.  Smiley

But is Bitcoin really a true gamble?  I tend to think that I have found great treasure in a field and I am selling what I have to purchase it.  That is considered wise and not foolish.  (Mathew 13:44)

HarmonLi

Activity: 350

Honest 80s business!

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 07:03:13 PM

I gotta say this has to be one of the best "tl;dr" responses I've ever seen. I mean, Picard makes everything better, but this is pure gold. "Ship in a Bottle" If I remember correctly? The one where holo-Moriarty becomes self-conscious?

exocytosis

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 07:07:47 PM

But is Bitcoin really a true gamble?  I tend to think that I have found great treasure in a field and I am selling what I have to purchase it.  That is considered wise and not foolish.  (Mathew 13:44)

God or Satoshi -- which one is the best deity?

The Bible or The White Paper -- which one is the best Holy Scripture?
BitChick (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 07:17:04 PM

God or Satoshi -- which one is the best deity?

The Bible or The White Paper -- which one is the best Holy Scripture?

As you can guess I would choose the former, but you have all the freedom to choose to serve whomever you wish.

If I had to, I would surrender every bitcoin and all my fiat if someone held a gun to my head and said I had to "choose" but hopefully it never comes to that. Wink

nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 07:30:26 PM

If the angels don't even know, how am I supposed to?  Cheesy

Okay. Cool.

Jesus was able to "mine" a coin from a fish.  I think he would have liked Bitcoin.  Smiley

But is Bitcoin really a true gamble?  I tend to think that I have found great treasure in a field and I am selling what I have to purchase it.  That is considered wise and not foolish.  (Mathew 13:44)
Algorithm: PoM (Proof-of-Miracle)

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
NotHatinJustTrollin

Activity: 462
Merit: 107

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2015, 12:16:47 AM

Delusional investors still expect other parabolic rises. Imaginary returns make them dream at night.

Keep going gentlemen. We all know that speculative bubbles go up forever. Right?

insidertradingeverywhere

Activity: 468
Merit: 100

The world’s first Play, Learn and Earn

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2015, 12:20:37 AM
Last edit: January 10, 2015, 12:38:22 AM by insidertradingeverywhere

markets don't suddenly shoot to the sky out of a downwardstrend, noobs. Especially not after important support was broken and longterm trends.
Is everyone still hodling like jaded gamblers?

btw: this thread title is pretty gay

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: