Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 09:55:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I believe a beautiful and very bullish Bitcoin storm is forming  (Read 13883 times)
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3570
Merit: 5042

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 06:05:40 PM

It would be stupid to sell now I believe.  This is all just part of the "storm." The rebound will just be all the more exciting when it happens.  My husband isn't quite as bullish as I am though.  He was even talking about selling and walking away this morning.  That kind of talk just drives me crazy!  

A bull married to a bear is painful.   Cry

I know the feeling BitChick, my wife is the bear now.  What's worse is that she was the one screaming buy! buy! buy! when it was going up.   Roll Eyes

Gotta be in it for years to win it.
BitChick (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 07:41:56 PM

It would be stupid to sell now I believe.  This is all just part of the "storm." The rebound will just be all the more exciting when it happens.  My husband isn't quite as bullish as I am though.  He was even talking about selling and walking away this morning.  That kind of talk just drives me crazy!  

I know the feeling BitChick, my wife is the bear now.  What's worse is that she was the one screaming buy! buy! buy! when it was going up.   Roll Eyes

Yes!  He is the one that insists we buy when the price rises.  He never seems to remember this though when I remind him.  Then he says "I said we should sell at X amount but you would listen."  Granted, I am tend to be a very long term holder.  Playing the ups and downs feels a bit risky to me because we can't always time them correctly.  I just get frustrated on days like today when it the best price ever and he says we should sell them all.  Undecided

All that said, we sold a large portion at $380 with Christmas to pay for and some debt we wanted to get rid of.  Really we are almost 100% in the black even if Bitcoin goes to zero (not entirely because we bought a few back at $270 or so)  All the trolls on here can just be quiet now.  Thank you.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
BitcoinDistributor

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 07:47:59 PM

Yes!  He is the one that insists we buy when the price rises.  He never seems to remember this though when I remind him.  Then he says "I said we should sell at X amount but you would listen."  Granted, I am tend to be a very long term holder.  Playing the ups and downs feels a bit risky to me because we can't always time them correctly.  I just get frustrated on days like today when it the best price ever and he says we should sell them all.  Undecided

All that said, we sold a large portion at $380 with Christmas to pay for and some debt we wanted to get rid of.  Really we are almost 100% in the black even if Bitcoin goes to zero (not entirely because we bought a few back at $270 or so)  All the trolls on here can just be quiet now.  Thank you.
You're idea of when to buy is misunderstood. The best time to buy is actually when a successful stock has gotten rid of the speculative investors and is on the rise after a shakeout from reaching a previous base has occurred and finished off. Look up cup and handle for example. A stock that is continually declining has no found base and that means nothing for when to buy. Right now is not a time to buy, there is no base to make a rational decision of what the future lies ahead. Volume is also at an all-time high. The point to buy would be when volume runs out and the low price slowly starts to rise. Even then though, this currency is down and down.

The old saying of buy low, sell high is very misunderstood. It is more important to buy when something is rising and doing well and when you see low volume, increase drastically as this shows institutional buying could be occurring.

Its all about looking at the graphs people and when it comes to the graphs, especially for speculative investments, history has repeated its patterns time and time again. With bitcoin right now, you can see nothing of such patterns. It would be dumb to buy right now. Hold or sell right now. Just keep in mind, the overall consensus is theres a much greater chance of your current investment losing 50% then it recovering by 50%, just look at everyone's mindset and also the lack of news in a positive light regarding bitcoin.

I'm a lover not a hater. I'm a scam buster misunderstood. However, this forum is full of haters which is why you see my trust. They can't handle my success so they try to stop me...BUT NO ONE STOPS MY SUCCESS! ....Find Quickseller annoying? Click the "ignore" button below his name! You're welcome!
Christ is King

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 06:25:12 PM

Aaaaand Back to $220! It's always darkest before the dawn  Wink
BitChick (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 06:42:12 PM

At least we are moving in the right direction now.  When we get into the 300s and 400's things will pick up more speed.

pa

Activity: 528
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 07:10:08 PM

At least we are moving in the right direction now.  When we get into the 300s and 400's things will pick up more speed.

3 days for the Resurrection, then 40 days until the Ascension, iirc
BitChick (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 07:13:24 PM

Yes. Miracles can happen!  Smiley

Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 08:38:24 PM

I wouldn't count on it. Why don't you just make a compromise and sell half of your position and keep the other half? If you can't really afford Bitcoin going to 0 you have put yourself in a very dangerous position you don't want to be in when things go south again. Smiley

Bitcoin = Gold on steroids
Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1013

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2015, 08:46:52 PM

Aaaaand Back to $220! It's always darkest before the dawn  Wink

At least we are moving in the right direction now.  When we get into the 300s and 400's things will pick up more speed.

Yes. Miracles can happen!  Smiley

I wouldn't count on it. Why don't you just make a compromise and sell half of your position and keep the other half? If you can't really afford Bitcoin going to 0 you have put yourself in a very dangerous position you don't want to be in when things go south again. Smiley

Dead cat bounce, anyone? I sold some more BTC at 220. Now it's 205.

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
jaredboice

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 09:23:52 PM

The trolls are in full force.  This downtrend must be nearing the final phase
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 10:07:23 PM

Aha.  Not this time, tho.  Good chance the coins you've just bought @278 came from your mentor Reptilia dumping his Undecided

BitChick (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 11:11:29 PM

Why do you assume I am in a dangerous position?  Husband sold off some a while ago and it more than paid for our initial investment at this point so really the remainder coins cost us nothing.  We could lose the rest and walk away with just sadness of what could have been. Wink  Granted, the cost average of all coins we had purchased (before he sold some off) was annoyingly close to what the price is now, but even though we are well in the black even with the massive sell off.  Buying in early 2013 puts us in a good place.

I think experiencing two bubbles also helps put things in perspective.  Bitcoin is a wild ride for sure!

Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 07:29:30 PM

Why do you assume I am in a dangerous position?  Husband sold off some a while ago and it more than paid for our initial investment at this point so really the remainder coins cost us nothing.  We could lose the rest and walk away with just sadness of what could have been. Wink  Granted, the cost average of all coins we had purchased (before he sold some off) was annoyingly close to what the price is now, but even though we are well in the black even with the massive sell off.  Buying in early 2013 puts us in a good place.

I think experiencing two bubbles also helps put things in perspective.  Bitcoin is a wild ride for sure!

You said before that pretty much all your savings are in Bitcoin and that at some point you were forced to sell coins to pay off some debt and bills, so that's why I assumed you can not afford Bitcoin going to 0. If you're really okay if something were to happen and BTC went to 0 or close to it then forget I said anything. Anyway just trying to offer my perspective, it helps a lot to stay cool and level-headed when you can pretty much forget about the money you put in Bitcoin and still be perfectly fine for many years to come. I am bullish myself on BTC right now but I also recognize the possibility of it going back down to $100 and much lower. For me it wouldn't be a problem if that were to happen.

Bitcoin = Gold on steroids
BitChick (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 07:55:46 PM
Last edit: January 16, 2015, 08:33:03 PM by BitChick

Why do you assume I am in a dangerous position?  Husband sold off some a while ago and it more than paid for our initial investment at this point so really the remainder coins cost us nothing.  We could lose the rest and walk away with just sadness of what could have been. Wink  Granted, the cost average of all coins we had purchased (before he sold some off) was annoyingly close to what the price is now, but even though we are well in the black even with the massive sell off.  Buying in early 2013 puts us in a good place.

I think experiencing two bubbles also helps put things in perspective.  Bitcoin is a wild ride for sure!

You said before that pretty much all your savings are in Bitcoin and that at some point you were forced to sell coins to pay off some debt and bills, so that's why I assumed you can not afford Bitcoin going to 0. If you're really okay if something were to happen and BTC went to 0 or close to it then forget I said anything. Anyway just trying to offer my perspective, it helps a lot to stay cool and level-headed when you can pretty much forget about the money you put in Bitcoin and still be perfectly fine for many years to come. I am bullish myself on BTC right now but I also recognize the possibility of it going back down to $100 and much lower. For me it wouldn't be a problem if that were to happen.

I do think that we were overextended in December.  That is why my husband forced a sell off of about 25% of our holdings.  We had a zero percent credit card with a balance that he was not comfortable with (we always pay off our cards each month.)  He figured that if Bitcoin did go to zero, or declined substantially (which it did) we would could run into some problems later on so he decided that wasn't a gamble worth taking.

Perhaps it is good that one of us is more level headed.  I do tend to be the bigger risk taker in our relationship for sure.  But we are in a good place right now.  It could go to zero and it wouldn't really affect our quality of life at all.  Pretty much back to what it was before we ever bought BTC, and at the price it is even now, even better than when we started.  

It is nice not to lose any sleep when the price tanks.

My only sadness is that we don't have much liquidity to put even more into it right now.  We did purchase a little back, but not as much as I (the obsessed bitcoin bull) would want to buy!   Cheesy

BitChick (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 08:31:09 PM

Now that you are up BTC with $0 invested, just hide those coins for 10-20 years, if they got to $0 so be it.  (I dont think this will be the case)

After hiding those start buying 1% monthly of total yearly income to put back also.  You wont over extend with 1%

Good sound advice. Smiley

okthen

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 11:36:12 PM

Why do you assume I am in a dangerous position?  Husband sold off some a while ago and it more than paid for our initial investment at this point so really the remainder coins cost us nothing.  We could lose the rest and walk away with just sadness of what could have been. Wink  Granted, the cost average of all coins we had purchased (before he sold some off) was annoyingly close to what the price is now, but even though we are well in the black even with the massive sell off.  Buying in early 2013 puts us in a good place.

I think experiencing two bubbles also helps put things in perspective.  Bitcoin is a wild ride for sure!

I do think that we were overextended in December.  That is why my husband forced a sell off of about 25% of our holdings.  We had a zero percent credit card with a balance that he was not comfortable with (we always pay off our cards each month.)  He figured that if Bitcoin did go to zero, or declined substantially (which it did) we would could run into some problems later on so he decided that wasn't a gamble worth taking.

Perhaps it is good that one of us is more level headed.  I do tend to be the bigger risk taker in our relationship for sure.  But we are in a good place right now.  It could go to zero and it wouldn't really affect our quality of life at all.  Pretty much back to what it was before we ever bought BTC, and at the price it is even now, even better than when we started.  

My only sadness is that we don't have much liquidity to put even more into it right now.  We did purchase a little back, but not as much as I (the obsessed bitcoin bull) would want to buy!   Cheesy

Well, everything seems to have turned out for the best. Wish I had sold in December! And bet you'll have a whole very boring 2015 to buy back slowly so that you don't scare your husband Wink
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 09:41:03 AM

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
Warren Buffert

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 06:34:27 PM

Investing in the bitcoin scam is akin to taking your hard earned cash and throwing it in to the wind of an F5 tornado. You'll never see it again, that's for sure.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2015, 07:00:42 PM

Pretty much back to what it was before we ever bought BTC, and at the price it is even now, even better than when we started.  

In other words you are completely underwater.
ParabellumLite

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 08:12:39 PM

Pretty much back to what it was before we ever bought BTC, and at the price it is even now, even better than when we started.  

In other words you are completely underwater.

Pretty accurate.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: