Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:33:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Armory 0.93 testing release! (with 0.05 BTC bug bounty)  (Read 35659 times)
doug_armory

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

Senior Developer - Armory

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2015, 09:29:02 PM

If I upgrade my cold storage setup to 0.93, would I need to upgrade both the online and offline computer Armorys, or can I just update Armory on the online computer and let Armory on the offline computer stay on 0.92 and still be able to do a cold storage transaction using the two?

AFAIK, you don't have to upgrade your offline copy.

Senior Developer -  Armory Technologies, Inc.
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aech

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 03:15:37 AM

So this happened today...

https://i.imgur.com/7AMFY3j.png

https://i.imgur.com/A5ehPng.png

I'm running core .10 and armory 0.92.99.6. I have it set so that I manually run bitcoin core, and then start armory. This occured after I opened bitcoiin core, then opened armory before bitcoin core had finished its sync.

goatpig
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1345

Armory Developer

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 04:53:42 AM

So this happened today...

Rescan.

jammers

Activity: 290
Merit: 262

Is maith liom bitcoin

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2015, 01:33:29 PM

and for anyone who's interested,  etotheipi did an interview with me at http://bitcoinsinireland.com/an-interview-with-armory-technologies-ceo-alan-reiner/ and/or https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=962143.msg10522595#msg10522595 which talks about the release cycle for this build. thanks so much, and to goatpig too for making the database load so quick Smiley

██████
███▀▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███▄▄▄
██████
BITCOIN MARKETING TEAM
Established Block 318006 in 2014
██████
▀▀▀███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▄▄███
██████
██████
███▀▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███▄▄▄
██████
             ▄▄▀▀▀▄ ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄▀   ███ ███
█           ▄███ █████████████▄▄
 ▀▄  ▄▄▄▄███████ ▀▀████▀▀▀▀██████
   █ ███▀▀███████  ████     █████
   █ ██    █   ▀▀  █████████████
   █  ██▄▄     ▄   ██████████████▄
    █  ██   █ ██   ████     ▀█████
     █  ▀█████▄█   ████     ▄█████
      ▀▄  ▀████ ████████████████▀
       ▀▄    ▀▀   █ ███ ███
         ▀▄       █ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▀
itcoins in Ireland
||||
██████
▀▀▀███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▄▄███
██████
CircusPeanut

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 03:58:46 PM

Armory's Day of Bug Reckoning is at hand. This is where we tally up and pay the debt of our programming sins (just some of them).

If you want to be paid for any of the bugs that you've submitted to this thread please send me a PM with the following information:

1. Contact Information
2. Name (or alias)
3. Bitcoin Address
4. Date and Time of your most recent bug submission

Later today I will post the tallies (using bitcointalk names). Please review them and let me know in a PM if we've overlooked any of your bugs.
CircusPeanut

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 07:41:19 PM

Here are the bounty awards:

jammers - 5
TimS - 15
Helgabutters - 27
zombieslayer9099 - 4
japerry - 1
Bitpeep - 1
oneoctet - 1
Carlton Banks - 1
jouke - 2
justusranvier - 1
STRML - 1

Jammers, TimS and Helgabutters each received 2 bounties for all of their text formatting reports that were caused by internationalization.

Zombieslayer won 2 bounties for best suggestion for the paging control.

Please send me a PM if you think you are owed more bounties than you received.

So far only one of the above people has sent me the information that we need to pay you your bounties. PM that info to me if you are on this list and wish to be paid.
japerry

Activity: 306

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2015, 08:39:17 PM

Here are the bounty awards:

jammers - 5
TimS - 15
Helgabutters - 27
zombieslayer9099 - 4
japerry - 1
Bitpeep - 1
oneoctet - 1
Carlton Banks - 1
jouke - 2
justusranvier - 1
STRML - 1

Jammers, TimS and Helgabutters each received 2 bounties for all of their text formatting reports that were caused by internationalization.

Zombieslayer won 2 bounties for best suggestion for the paging control.

So far only one of the above people has sent me the information that we need to pay you your bounties. PM that info to me if you are on this list and wish to be paid.

Thanks! I didn't know my report was noted! I'll get the info you requestd to you in a PM.

CircusPeanut

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 09:06:50 PM

Here is one more late entry that gets a bounty....

aerobatic - 1

Please send us the info above to receive your bounty
PRab

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 04:58:29 AM

Late bug. The link to "lockbox documentation" on the lockboxes screen leads to https://bitcoinarmory.com/about/using-lockboxes/ which is a Page Not Found error.
Roy Badami

Activity: 563
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 11:50:14 AM

LMDB maps the entire underlying dataset in RAM. Can't address 30GB of data in x86. And that's just fullnode, supernode requires 3x that currently. For 0.93.1, fullnode should be around 120MB [...]

I'm intrigued by this.  Are you saying that as of 0.93.1, the Armory database in a default installation will only take up 120MB of disk space?
zombieslayer9099

Activity: 120

Java Coder

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 01:05:48 PM

I've got one last thing that keeps bothering me, yes it's the transaction details window still not showing inputs correctly, other than that I can't find anything else.

Did you know there are 1,461,501,637,330,902,918,203,684,832,716,283,019,655,932,542,976 possible bitcoin addresses? To put that into perspective, that's greater than the width of the universe in zeptometers (10^-21 meter).
  ▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ Cloudmining 101: how to avoid scams  ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁
goatpig
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 03:51:10 PM

I'm intrigued by this.  Are you saying that as of 0.93.1, the Armory database in a default installation will only take up 120MB of disk space?

Yes

I've got one last thing that keeps bothering me, yes it's the transaction details window still not showing inputs correctly, other than that I can't find anything else.

I've explained in a previous post why this will have to wait 0.93.1

zombieslayer9099

Activity: 120

Java Coder

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 05:32:41 PM

snip

I've explained in a previous post why this will have to wait 0.93.1

Oh, my apologies, I did not see that

Did you know there are 1,461,501,637,330,902,918,203,684,832,716,283,019,655,932,542,976 possible bitcoin addresses? To put that into perspective, that's greater than the width of the universe in zeptometers (10^-21 meter).
  ▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ Cloudmining 101: how to avoid scams  ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁
aerobatic

Activity: 702
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 06:12:35 PM

Here is one more late entry that gets a bounty....

aerobatic - 1

Please send us the info above to receive your bounty

many thanks CP.  no bounty needed.  just the idea that i can use Armory on my Mac without problems is reward enough.

TimS

Activity: 250
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2015, 06:53:03 PM

0.92.99.7 supernode, Windows 7
I had two new transactions today, one sending and then one receiving. Both showed up when they had 0-conf, and then disappeared later, making Armory show an incorrect balance. I think each disappeared when it got a confirmation. Upgraded to 0.93, ran Help > Clear All Unconfirmed, and restarted Armory several times with no change.
Something that might have had an impact on this was that I also had a wallet loaded into Armory with ~131,000 imported private keys and many transactions on those addresses.

I've since removed the many-key wallet and triggered a Rescan, which is in progress.
The way I counted it, it's as high as 25. How do I know which reports did/didn't earn bounties and why?
CircusPeanut

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 08:09:56 PM

quote author=CircusPeanut link=topic=919202.msg10526536#msg10526536 date=1424461279]
The way I counted it, it's as high as 25. How do I know which reports did/didn't earn bounties and why?
[/quote]

There are many bugs that end up being repeats of previous bugs, and some are not really bugs.

On the other side we want to reward people who put a lot in a lot of effort and write clear and concise bugs.

My solution is to encourage people to contact me in a PM if they are not satisfied with their tally. So, please send me a PM if you want to see about what we can add to your bounty haul.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 08:24:20 PM

Since version 92.99.6, I've been getting these compile errors/warnings...

Code:
g++  -Icryptopp -Imdb -DUSE_CRYPTOPP -D__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS -I/usr/include/python2.7 -I/usr/include/python2.7 -std=c++11 -O2 -pipe -fPIC -c lmdb_wrapper.cpp
lmdb_wrapper.cpp: In member function 'void LMDBBlockDatabase::openDatabases(const string&, const BinaryData&, const BinaryData&, const BinaryData&, ARMORY_DB_TYPE, DB_PRUNE_TYPE)':
lmdb_wrapper.cpp:402:7: warning: exception of type 'LMDBException' will be caught [enabled by default]
       catch (LMDBException &e)
       ^
lmdb_wrapper.cpp:398:7: warning:    by earlier handler for 'std::runtime_error' [enabled by default]
       catch (runtime_error &e)
       ^
g++  -Icryptopp -Imdb -DUSE_CRYPTOPP -D__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS -I/usr/include/python2.7 -I/usr/include/python2.7 -std=c++11 -O2 -pipe -fPIC -c StoredBlockObj.cpp
g++  -Icryptopp -Imdb -DUSE_CRYPTOPP -D__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS -I/usr/include/python2.7 -I/usr/include/python2.7 -std=c++11 -O2 -pipe -fPIC -c BtcUtils.cpp
g++  -Icryptopp -Imdb -DUSE_CRYPTOPP -D__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS -I/usr/include/python2.7 -I/usr/include/python2.7 -std=c++11 -O2 -pipe -fPIC -c BlockObj.cpp
g++  -Icryptopp -Imdb -DUSE_CRYPTOPP -D__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS -I/usr/include/python2.7 -I/usr/include/python2.7 -std=c++11 -O2 -pipe -fPIC -c BlockUtils.cpp
BlockUtils.cpp: In member function 'void BlockDataManager_LevelDB::openDatabase()':
BlockUtils.cpp:801:4: warning: exception of type 'LMDBException' will be caught [enabled by default]
    catch (LMDBException &e)
    ^
BlockUtils.cpp:795:4: warning:    by earlier handler for 'std::runtime_error' [enabled by default]
    catch (runtime_error &e)
    ^
g++  -Icryptopp -Imdb -DUSE_CRYPTOPP -D__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS -I/usr/include/python2.7 -I/usr/include/python2.7 -std=c++11 -O2 -pipe -fPIC -c EncryptionUtils.cpp

and these have been present in every version since 92.99.1:

Code:
Preprocessing...
Starting language-specific parse...
BlockUtils.h:149: Warning 325: Nested class not currently supported (Notifier ignored)
BlockUtils.h:199: Warning 325: Nested struct not currently supported (BlkFileUpdateCallbacks ignored)
EncryptionUtils.h:181: Warning 362: operator= ignored
ScrAddrObj.h:288: Warning 362: operator= ignored
Blockchain.h:38: Warning 325: Nested struct not currently supported (ReorganizationState ignored)
Processing types...
EncryptionUtils.h:136: Warning 402: Base class 'BinaryData' is incomplete.
BDM_mainthread.h:26: Warning 402: Only forward declaration 'BinaryData' was found.
BDM_mainthread.h:49: Warning 402: Base class 'BlockDataManager_LevelDB::Notifier' is incomplete.
BlockUtils.h:149: Warning 402: Only forward declaration 'BlockDataManager_LevelDB::Notifier' was found.
C++ analysis...
Generating wrappers...
BtcWallet.h:26: Warning 472: Overloaded method AddressBookEntry::AddressBookEntry(BinaryData) with no explicit typecheck typemap for arg 0 of type 'BinaryData'
BtcWallet.h:80: Warning 472: Overloaded method BtcWallet::BtcWallet(BtcWallet const &) with no explicit typecheck typemap for arg 1 of type 'BinaryData'
BtcWallet.h:99: Warning 472: Overloaded method BtcWallet::addScrAddress(BinaryData) with no explicit typecheck typemap for arg 1 of type 'BinaryData'
BtcWallet.h:99: Warning 472: Overloaded method BtcWallet::addScrAddress(BinaryData) with no explicit typecheck typemap for arg 1 of type 'BinaryData'
ScrAddrObj.h:184: Warning 472: Overloaded method ScrAddrObj::ScrAddrObj(ScrAddrObj const &) with no explicit typecheck typemap for arg 2 of type 'BinaryData'
ScrAddrObj.h:184: Warning 472: Overloaded method ScrAddrObj::ScrAddrObj(ScrAddrObj const &) with no explicit typecheck typemap for arg 2 of type 'BinaryData'
g++  -O2 -pipe -fPIC  -Icryptopp -Imdb -DUSE_CRYPTOPP -D__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS -I/usr/include/python2.7 -I/usr/include/python2.7 -std=c++11 -c CppBlockUtils_wrap.cxx

...but Armory runs without ever crashing or locking up referring to these errors, or at all (so far). So I don't know how significant they are, but thought I'd report just in case.

Vires in numeris
hardhouseinc

Activity: 672

Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2015, 01:51:45 AM

What is the correct procedure to upgrade to version 0.93?
Uninstall the old version first or just install over the top of existing?
Thanks.
E$

▄▄▄▄
            ██████▄▄
            ██████████▄
            ████████████▄
       ▄▄███   ▀▀█████████▄
    ▄███████       ▀███████▌
  ▄█████████         ▀██████▌
 ▄██████████           ██████
▄███████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
▀███████████
 ▀██████████           ██████
  ▀█████████         ▄██████▌
    ▀███████       ▄███████▌
       ▀▀███   ▄▄█████████▀
            ████████████▀
            ██████████▀
            ██████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀
|
CRYPTOCIRCLEX
THE MOST ADVANCED CRYPTO EXCHANGE ON THE BLOCKCHAIN
|

██ ██
███████████▄
  ███   ▀▀███
  ███     ▐██
  ███    ▄███
  ██████████▄
  ███    ▀▀███
  ███      ▐██
  ███     ▄███
████████████▀
    ██ ██
    ▀▀ ▀▀
#Forum ANN

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█  ▀▀     █ ▀█▄
█  ▀▀▀▀   █   ▀█
█         ▀▀▀▀▀█
█      ███▄    █
█   ▄██  ▀██   █
█  ▐███        █
█  ▐███        █
█   ▀██  ▄██   █
█      ███▀  █ █
█          ▀▀▀ █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
#Whitepaper

▄█████
   ████▀▀▀
   ████
   ████
██████████
▀▀▀████▀▀
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ▀▀▀▀
#Facebook 

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
#Twitter         

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
#Medium     

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████
▐███████████████████████████▌
▐███████████  ▀█████████████▌
▐███████████     ▀██████████▌
▐███████████     ▄██████████▌
▐███████████  ▄█████████████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
 ███████████████████████████
 ▀█████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
#YouTube   

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

#Telegram
|
goatpig
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 03:58:00 AM

0.92.99.7 supernode, Windows 7
I had two new transactions today, one sending and then one receiving. Both showed up when they had 0-conf, and then disappeared later, making Armory show an incorrect balance. I think each disappeared when it got a confirmation. Upgraded to 0.93, ran Help > Clear All Unconfirmed, and restarted Armory several times with no change.
Something that might have had an impact on this was that I also had a wallet loaded into Armory with ~131,000 imported private keys and many transactions on those addresses.

Wallet size will not impact supernode at all. This is some sort of scanning corner case. Can you see these transaction as part of the main chain in bc.info? I won't be going directly after this since I'm currently modifying a bunch of stuff in supernode for more stability and speed (this is for 0.93.1)

Since version 92.99.6, I've been getting these compile errors/warnings...

The first batch of warnings is because LMDBException inherits runtime_error so the catch is redundant, nothing too bad

The second set of warnings is just SWIG, nothing to see here really.

Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 05:49:34 AM

What is the correct procedure to upgrade to version 0.93?
Uninstall the old version first or just install over the top of existing?
Thanks.
E$

You don't say which OS. For Ubuntu it's just installing over. I would expect it to be the same for the others. Easiest is to use the Secure Downloader from within Armory to get the latest version.

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: