Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:48:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Armory 0.93 testing release! (with 0.05 BTC bug bounty)  (Read 35659 times)
oneoctet

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 03:04:24 PM

If you shut down Armory while it's building its database, when you reopen it (even using --offline) and double-click on any address of any wallet it crashes.

Code:
(ERROR) -- Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "qtdialogs.pyc", line 1968, in dblClickAddressView
  File "qtdialogs.pyc", line 3783, in __init__
  File "CppBlockUtils.pyc", line 1927, in getSpendableBalance
RuntimeError: Cannot start transaction without db env

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
goatpig
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1345

Armory Developer

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 04:47:05 PM

Also, an update on the transaction scanning: I moved it from my HDD to SSD and now the estimate is 8 hours, and disk IO is about 30-80 MB/s. Maybe there's a lot of random access going on, not just linear access? That would explain why it's running so much faster, even though my HDD's linear access is much higher than 1-3 MB/s.

LMDB doesn't keep much of its data sequentially as opposed to LevelDB, and that's demolishing HDD speeds. I'm working on some optimizations for HDDs.

japerry

Activity: 306
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2015, 06:02:49 PM

Also, an update on the transaction scanning: I moved it from my HDD to SSD and now the estimate is 8 hours, and disk IO is about 30-80 MB/s. Maybe there's a lot of random access going on, not just linear access? That would explain why it's running so much faster, even though my HDD's linear access is much higher than 1-3 MB/s.

LMDB doesn't keep much of its data sequentially as opposed to LevelDB, and that's demolishing HDD speeds. I'm working on some optimizations for HDDs.

I for one am greatly awaiting this optimization!  Wink I was at 66% on "Building Databases" and it said 9 hours left. I'm at 71% now and it says 3 days. I'm not complaining. I know it's beta code. I'm willing to wait because Armory is a great product and I believe in it. You know the old saying... To paraphrase "Good things come to those who wait"

goatpig
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 06:26:27 PM

I for one am greatly awaiting this optimization!  Wink I was at 66% on "Building Databases" and it said 9 hours left. I'm at 71% now and it says 3 days. I'm not complaining. I know it's beta code. I'm willing to wait because Armory is a great product and I believe in it. You know the old saying... To paraphrase "Good things come to those who wait"

Obviously we're not gonna release a DB in a poor state.

jammers

Activity: 290
Merit: 262

Is maith liom bitcoin

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2015, 10:33:48 PM

I hadn't used my computer today, but this evening switched it on and tried to get armory up and running. Went through everything else fairly quickly, but now stuck for the last half hour like this :/

██████
███▀▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███▄▄▄
██████
BITCOIN MARKETING TEAM
Established Block 318006 in 2014
██████
▀▀▀███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▄▄███
██████
██████
███▀▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███▄▄▄
██████
             ▄▄▀▀▀▄ ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄▀   ███ ███
█           ▄███ █████████████▄▄
 ▀▄  ▄▄▄▄███████ ▀▀████▀▀▀▀██████
   █ ███▀▀███████  ████     █████
   █ ██    █   ▀▀  █████████████
   █  ██▄▄     ▄   ██████████████▄
    █  ██   █ ██   ████     ▀█████
     █  ▀█████▄█   ████     ▄█████
      ▀▄  ▀████ ████████████████▀
       ▀▄    ▀▀   █ ███ ███
         ▀▄       █ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▀
itcoins in Ireland
||||
██████
▀▀▀███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▄▄███
██████
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 09:58:24 AM

Old minor bug, but still present in 0.92.99.1 :

When using the soft-keyboard (all 3 types) to input wallet unlock passphrase, use of the & character generates two characters instead of one (represented by two * symbols in the input box). Passphrases with any & characters cannot be input using the soft keyboard.

Vires in numeris
jammers

Is maith liom bitcoin

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2015, 05:26:38 PM

lol

and this is after going for an hour. the last leg is really struggling

██████
███▀▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███▄▄▄
██████
BITCOIN MARKETING TEAM
██████
▀▀▀███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▄▄███
██████
██████
███▀▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███▄▄▄
██████
             ▄▄▀▀▀▄ ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄
       ▀▄    ▀▀   █ ███ ███
         ▀▄       █ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▀
itcoins in Ireland
||||
██████
▀▀▀███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▄▄███
██████
jl2012
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1093

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 06:05:45 PM

It does not mention BIP32 Hierarchical Deterministic Wallets. So it is not supported yet?

Donation address: 374iXxS4BuqFHsEwwxUuH3nvJ69Y7Hqur3 (Bitcoin ONLY)
LRDGENPLYrcTRssGoZrsCT1hngaH3BVkM4 (LTC)
PGP: D3CC 1772 8600 5BB8 FF67 3294 C524 2A1A B393 6517
TimS

Activity: 250
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2015, 06:13:31 PM

Armory has finished scanning transaction history! The dialog announcing that seems to be responsible for crashing Armory, though. Undecided

I saw the dialog saying "Blockchain loading is complete." etc. I didn't check the box, and I clicked Ok to close it, and noticed Armory was no longer running. No error in the logs, logs not even updated in several minutes.
The next time I tried to start Armory, I didn't see that dialog, the Armory window opened, and it crashed with the same sort of nondescript error window shown here: http://imgur.com/a/t63L7
I tried to start Armory a few more times, and each time it crashed after I clicked Ok in that dialog. So I checked the box to not show it again (I think it crashed one last time here), and opened Armory again, and it worked this time: I can view balance, all seems well. Sending my logs to contact@bitcoinarmory.com right after I post this, in case it helps find the problem.
etotheipi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1093

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2015, 06:17:59 PM

Okay, obviously some rough edges with this release.  We knew that we were going to have to get more people poking it with a variety of hardware configurations, to get it robust.  We still have some work on that front.

However, we've reverted/fixed a bunch of the unicode issues.  And a few of the bugs already reported.  Want to make sure that people who are reporting are not reporting bugs that were related to the unicode stuff.

Here's the next release:

Armory 0.92.99.2-testing

Armory 0.92.99.2-testing for Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8+ (32- and 64-bit)
  Armory 0.92.99.2-testing for MacOSX 10.7+ (64bit)
  Armory 0.92.99.2-testing for Ubuntu 12.04+ (32bit)
  Armory 0.92.99.2-testing for Ubuntu 12.04+ (64bit)
  Armory 0.92.99.2-testing for RaspberryPi  (armhf)

Armory 0.92.99.2-testing Offline Bundle for Ubuntu 12.04 exact (32bit)
  Armory 0.92.99.2-testing Offline Bundle for Ubuntu 12.04 exact (64bit)
  Armory 0.92.99.2-testing Offline Bundle for RaspberryPi  (armhf)

Armory 0.92.99.2-testing: Signed hashes of all installers

Founder and CEO of Armory Technologies, Inc.
Armory Bitcoin Wallet: Bringing cold storage to the average user!
Only use Armory software signed by the Armory Offline Signing Key (0x98832223)

Please donate to the Armory project by clicking here!    (or donate directly via 1QBDLYTDFHHZAABYSKGKPWKLSXZWCCJQBX -- yes, it's a real address!)
doug_armory

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

Senior Developer - Armory

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2015, 06:37:56 PM

It does not mention BIP32 Hierarchical Deterministic Wallets. So it is not supported yet?

Nope. It'll be introduced alongside the 2.0 wallets, which are still in development.

On a different note, can people who have had issues with OS X crashes please give the latest test build (0.92.99.2) a spin? For the life of me, I can't seem to reproduce the crashes that others swear are still present and supposedly OSX-specific. My hunch is that the latest Qt upgrade fixes these crashes. I just can't confirm. Either way, 0.92.99.2 should be a much more pleasant experience for OSX users. Smiley Several longstanding bugs have disappeared or been greatly mitigated. There are still a few minor quirks that I'll fix when I can, if I can. (Patching Qt-specific issues can be a nightmare.) As always, feedback is appreciated.

Senior Developer -  Armory Technologies, Inc.
TimS

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2015, 06:48:53 PM

(using 0.92.99.2 now)

Adding a wallet on my supernode instantly shows the balance in the Available Wallets pane and the transactions, as expected (woot woot! The wait almost feels like it's worth it to see that Cheesy). However, the balances in the lower right are not immediately updated. I can force them to update by modifying the Filter selected on the lower left. I can email screenshots documenting this if needed to clarify (for privacy reasons, not posting it publicly).
jammers

Is maith liom bitcoin

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2015, 07:05:47 PM

cool, i'll uninstall and delete everything again armory related, and try again, lets see how long it takes from now to build

bitcoin was kept as is, so it loaded up, synced the few blocks quickly, now, quickly scanning through block headers, 50% done in a few minutes

██████
███▀▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███▄▄▄
██████
BITCOIN MARKETING TEAM
██████
▀▀▀███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▄▄███
██████
██████
███▀▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███▄▄▄
██████
             ▄▄▀▀▀▄ ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄
       ▀▄    ▀▀   █ ███ ███
         ▀▄       █ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▀
itcoins in Ireland
||||
██████
▀▀▀███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▄▄███
██████
goatpig
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 07:51:39 PM

cool, i'll uninstall and delete everything again armory related, and try again, lets see how long it takes from now to build

bitcoin was kept as is, so it loaded up, synced the few blocks quickly, now, quickly scanning through block headers, 50% done in a few minutes

There are no DB changes in this testing release, there won't be any difference.

goatpig
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 07:52:49 PM

(using 0.92.99.2 now)

Adding a wallet on my supernode instantly shows the balance in the Available Wallets pane and the transactions, as expected (woot woot! The wait almost feels like it's worth it to see that Cheesy). However, the balances in the lower right are not immediately updated. I can force them to update by modifying the Filter selected on the lower left. I can email screenshots documenting this if needed to clarify (for privacy reasons, not posting it publicly).

Is the wallet filter set to All Wallets?

zombieslayer9099

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

Java Coder

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 08:35:37 PM

Is the initial DB build/scan going to be this slow for a while?

I invest in a lot of cloud mining and I need to be able to monitor payments, invest more, etc. with a lot of addresses without having to check each one on blockchain.

Did you know there are 1,461,501,637,330,902,918,203,684,832,716,283,019,655,932,542,976 possible bitcoin addresses? To put that into perspective, that's greater than the width of the universe in zeptometers (10^-21 meter).
  ▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ Cloudmining 101: how to avoid scams  ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁
TimS

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2015, 09:19:47 PM

(using 0.92.99.2 now)

No, it was set to My Wallets. I have a correction: there's still something wrong, but it's not what I reported at first. Immediately after changing a wallet from Watching-Only to Offline (i.e. specifying that I own it) while My Wallets is selected, the transactions don't appear in the Transactions tab and the balance of that wallet does not show up in the Maximum Funds, etc. balances in the lower right. I can force them to update by modifying the Filter selected on the lower left.
The reverse also occurs: a change from Offline to Watching-Only is not immediately reflected in the transactions/balances.
goatpig
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 09:23:03 PM

(using 0.92.99.2 now)

No, it was set to My Wallets. I have a correction: there's still something wrong, but it's not what I reported at first. Immediately after changing a wallet from Watching-Only to Offline (i.e. specifying that I own it) while My Wallets is selected, the balance of that wallet does not show up in the Maximum Funds, etc. balances in the lower right. I can force them to update by modifying the Filter selected on the lower left.

Oh yeah, I didnt put in a mecanism to update wallet filters from individual wallet status change. Good catch.

goatpig
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 09:25:29 PM

Is the initial DB build/scan going to be this slow for a while?

I invest in a lot of cloud mining and I need to be able to monitor payments, invest more, etc. with a lot of addresses without having to check each one on blockchain.

Fullnode will be slow on HDD until I'm done with the current round of optimizations. Ignore supernode on HDDs. There will be a testing release when the changes are solid. Don't toy with the current version if you don't have a SSD.

TimS

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2015, 09:38:00 PM

Especially important for our more-hardcore users, we now have a "supernode" mode, that doubles Armory's DB size, but indexes all scripts on the blockchain.
My supernode database file is 85.2 GB. This is 2.6x the size of the old Armory DB. Is this size expected? Can someone report the size of the new Armory's fullnode DB size? (I'd imagine it doesn't vary significantly from machine to machine)

85.2 GB - new Armory supernode
32.9 GB - old Armory fullnode
31.5 GB - Bitcoin Core
26.6 GB - raw blockchain
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: