Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:43:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [KOBO] Kobocoin - Mobile Money for Africa  (Read 127489 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
TheTribesman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003

Kobocoin - Mobile Money for Africa

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 06:52:35 PM

The Kobocoin Abe explorer is back up.

http://167.160.36.102:2750

The challenge is that the hash calculation (as it stands now) means that no blocks after block 4005 are recognised or displayed. The entries for all blocks after 4005 do exist in the Abe DB, but certain important block properties have NULL entries (and are therefore not displayed by the explorer).

If you have a kobocoin address from the first 3 days after launch then you can check it on the explorer (testing purposes only), but results will also be from the first 3 days only unfortunately.

It's nice to be able to see block 0 though. I'm looking at how the hashing calculations work.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheTribesman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2015, 03:44:24 AM

UPDATE:

I've taken a bit of a break from tech today, but there may be good news regarding the desktop wallets. I've been in touch with a few devs over the last few days. They've been very helpful with many issues and questions. I'm in touch with one now and in the process of arranging for the new kobocoin desktop wallets to have Encrypted Messaging (EM) included. If EM requires too much new infrastructure then it might be put off till a later date, but it's something that we'd already planned for the future. If it's possible to get it included in this update then we'll do it.

Ill let you know when things are confirmed. The updated wallets are scheduled for release late next week. If including EM looks like causing a delay, then it might be put off for the next update. There's been enough delays.

TheTribesman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 12:08:10 AM

UPDATE:

No words needed I hope!

If all's well, then next week.
 Smiley

sempyper

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 03:48:46 AM

ah encrypted msging in wallet?
TheTribesman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 05:35:15 AM

ah encrypted msging in wallet?
yes
 Smiley

leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 06:07:18 AM

UPDATE:

No words needed I hope!

If all's well, then next week.
 Smiley

Good work Dev. This is why I am holding Smiley

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

olcaytu2005
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1024

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 11:11:42 AM

i am waiting android wallet impatiently.
TheTribesman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 12:13:38 PM

WEEKLY ROUNDUP:

So where are we now?

DNS Seeders
It's been decided that 2 DNS seeders will be built:
dns1.kobocoin.com (US based)
dns2.kobocoin.com (EU based)
The servers are online and by the end of the weekend the names should be resolving to the right IP addresses. There's plans for a 3rd DNS server based in West Africa once suitable hosting is found.

Abe Explorer
The X15 hashing issue still exists and there's now a few people actvely helping me to crack what's going on. I've tried 10+ different X15 algos with no luck. I even built a special X15 hashing module based on the sgminer X15 hash algo that was used during PoW (surely THAT would work??? - no, it didn't). I wouldn't say we're close on the issue, I'd say that we're 'right there'. All that's needed is the key to unlock the door.

Android Wallet
The android wallets depend on the DNS seeders and Abe. The basics of the wallet are built. All that's needed is for the DNS seeders to come online and the Abe explorer to be completed. Once those things happen then it's full steam ahead on getting the wallet released.

Desktop Wallet
The updated desktop wallets (v2.1.0) are scheduled for release late next week. The wallets are scheduled for the release with the following updates:
1. Windows Installer
2. Barcode Support
3. Encrypted Messaging
4. Updated fonts/icons

Others
We are still actively promoting the brand to West African people and instituions. We've been discussing advertising on billboards etc, but that comes after the infrastructure is finally live.

At the moment it's all work in progress. Analogy is that we're in the middle of building a house. It's a building site right now.

Again, apologies are necessary for the delay in getting the android wallet out, but the positives of the delay outweigh the negatives for me. The delay means that plans that we had for later in the year are now being implemented ahead of schedule. Multiple DNS seeders, encrypted messaging and branded applications.

For the people who've held onto their KOBO during this period, thanks for the support. There should be rewards once Kobocoin moves into the public arena.

Apart from the delays(!), I'm still very positive and excited about the future of Kobocoin. We will prevail!

Smiley

TheTribesman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 12:23:11 PM

i am waiting android wallet impatiently.
I hear you loud and clear.
 Smiley

penoze
Legendary

Activity: 1235

https://minepi.com/cryptomeneer

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 09:52:47 AM

WEEKLY ROUNDUP:

So where are we now?

DNS Seeders
It's been decided that 2 DNS seeders will be built:
dns1.kobocoin.com (US based)
dns2.kobocoin.com (EU based)
The servers are online and by the end of the weekend the names should be resolving to the right IP addresses. There's plans for a 3rd DNS server based in West Africa once suitable hosting is found.

Abe Explorer
The X15 hashing issue still exists and there's now a few people actvely helping me to crack what's going on. I've tried 10+ different X15 algos with no luck. I even built a special X15 hashing module based on the sgminer X15 hash algo that was used during PoW (surely THAT would work??? - no, it didn't). I wouldn't say we're close on the issue, I'd say that we're 'right there'. All that's needed is the key to unlock the door.

Android Wallet
The android wallets depend on the DNS seeders and Abe. The basics of the wallet are built. All that's needed is for the DNS seeders to come online and the Abe explorer to be completed. Once those things happen then it's full steam ahead on getting the wallet released.

Desktop Wallet
The updated desktop wallets (v2.1.0) are scheduled for release late next week. The wallets are scheduled for the release with the following updates:
1. Windows Installer
2. Barcode Support
3. Encrypted Messaging
4. Updated fonts/icons

Others
We are still actively promoting the brand to West African people and instituions. We've been discussing advertising on billboards etc, but that comes after the infrastructure is finally live.

At the moment it's all work in progress. Analogy is that we're in the middle of building a house. It's a building site right now.

Again, apologies are necessary for the delay in getting the android wallet out, but the positives of the delay outweigh the negatives for me. The delay means that plans that we had for later in the year are now being implemented ahead of schedule. Multiple DNS seeders, encrypted messaging and branded applications.

For the people who've held onto their KOBO during this period, thanks for the support. There should be rewards once Kobocoin moves into the public arena.

Apart from the delays(!), I'm still very positive and excited about the future of Kobocoin. We will prevail!

Smiley
bump so update is not at bottom of page 31!

i see a very active dev here. patiently waiting for the next week desktop wallet release. after the releases of the desktop and android wallets we shall see kobo on the top 100 market cap. maybe even in the top 50.

i hold this one for a while and staking them in my wallet.
10% a year is not bad 😊.

olcaytu2005
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1024

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 10:10:22 AM

is this afreica pump coin?  Huh Huh Huh Wink Wink Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

not pump. this dev is really doing good job here. he deserve to be proud
leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 07:29:26 PM

We got an active Dev here, that's a good thing in crypto, normally they would of run away by now, lol Smiley

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

TheTribesman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 10:31:53 PM

We got an active Dev here, that's a good thing in crypto, normally they would of run away by now, lol Smiley
Lol. Running away is not an option. The only option is ANDROID WALLET!!!!
 Cheesy

no141

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 05:40:45 AM

Up to 7 connections and 3 POS blocks without issues, it has been a good day. As I expected, the more connections, the less chance of a stale.

leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 07:24:57 AM

Lol. Running away is not an option. The only option is ANDROID WALLET!!!!
 Cheesy

Do your thing Dev, a payment system like this will help your people no end.

▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

ariliz

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 10:02:26 AM

people. where all lost? and Exchange silence.
TheTribesman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2015, 10:16:46 AM

people. where all lost? and Exchange silence.
There is a lot of work going on behind the scenes. I will post an update soon.

ariliz

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 11:43:51 AM

class thanks nice to know that the developer is still here
TheTribesman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2015, 01:26:42 AM
Last edit: March 21, 2015, 01:43:48 AM by TheTribesman

KOBOCOIN PLATFORM UPDATE: v2.1.0

** Recommended Wallet Update - Please backup your wallet.dat before starting **

Click here to download the v2.1.0.1 WINDOWS wallet (full Installer)
Click here to download the v2.1.0.1 WINDOWS wallet (binaries/zipfile - no installer)
Click here to download the v2.1.0.1 MAC OSX wallet
Click here to download the v2.1.0.1 LINUX wallet

DETAILS:

New DNS Seeders

dns1.kobocoin.com (Los Angeles, USA)
dns2.kobocoin.com (Frankfurt, Germany)
dns3.kobocoin.com (Abuja, Nigeria) - not yet implemented
dns4.kobocoin.com (Darwin, Australia) - not yet implemented

DNS seeders dns1 and dns2 are already implemented and online. All 4 DNS seeders have been hardcoded into the v2.1 wallet code.

This new infrastructure (and seeders embedded in the wallet code) mean there is no longer any need to edit, or even maintain, a Kobocoin.conf on your machine. I've been running my own personal v2.1 kobocoin wallet for the last day with no kobocoin.conf on my machine. It's been stable with 7 connections to the network for over 24 hrs. The Kobocoin.conf file is now only needed for users discovering the joys of advanced crypto configurations.

*Although no longer required, it is still prudent and recommended to maintain your own copy of Kobocoin.conf. You can add the new entries to your existing Kobocoin.conf file*

Updated Desktop Wallets

The v2.1 desktop wallets contain the following new features:

1. Updated look and feel (including denomination modifications)
2. Full Windows Installer
3. DNS Seeders hardcoded - Kobocoin.conf only needed for advanced users
4. QR Support
5. Encrypted Messaging - Using Sidechains and RPC technology

How To Setup Encrypted Messaging

1. Select an address to use
2. Open Help > Debug window > Console
3. At the prompt, type smsggetpubkey <address>
Code:
Enter the following command:

smsggetpubkey FXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

You will receive the following result:

{
"result" : "Success.",
"peer address in DB" : "FXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX",
"compressed public key" : "nXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"
}

Both values are required.
4. Send both the kobocoin address AND the public key, securely, to the person you wish to communicate with
5. With this information, the other party can start a secure session with you.

Linux Wallets

It's very hard to produce a common distributable for all Linux flavours. The Linux v2.1.0.1 wallet released is dependent on libboost 1.55. It's possible a lot of systems are still using libboost 1.54. Once the full v2.1.0.1 source code is released, linux users will be able to compile their own wallets.

What's next

Ironically, because of the delays, we're now much further ahead with the desktop wallet and infrastructure than was anticipated. The current features were expected towards the end of the year. This now leaves time to concentrate on getting the X15 hashing issue resolved and the android wallet built. The platform is now ready for it's introduction.

For the next day or two, I'll be updating the Kobocoin website, and using social media to start encouraging people to download the desktop wallets now we have something more user friendly and relevant to offer. After that, it's back to getting the X15 and Abe issue resolved!

I'll keep you updated with progress.
Smiley

TheTribesman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2015, 02:53:49 AM

You can send me a message if you want to test EM (don't expect an immediate response pls - I might be away, or asleep):

Code:
{
"address in wallet" : "FN8PcNadkDZS4uRoJkoJMxEf9yy9jPSUar",
"compressed public key" : "27nQEFygwC1hF5PQs4BSLPop8ifuZNhk1ZJoqbxf1NAoK"
}

Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: