Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:54:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [KOBO] Kobocoin - Mobile Money for Africa  (Read 127489 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
yyz13857180757

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 01:41:22 AM

I appreciate the efforts of the developer of this coin. kobocoin has a huge potential to be the cryptocoin that will be widely used by the entire Africa and the world at large. I will start promoting kobocoin

Small - payment of the block chain coin projects emerge in endlessly, the number is a bit much. I can't see what the KoboCoin project has to stand out for in the future, can it survive the fierce competition in the market? Sad
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yewq888

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 01:56:29 AM

I see kobo has had a bump in price, about time.

Still not selling for a few pennies. Either it will be used in Africa or not.

Time will tell.

Breaking the issue price is not afraid, because there is no fatal problem, the temporary market or the temporary market is not good, the length of time is always up when it comes back.  Wink
MarianG3L

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 01:46:31 AM

hello fugoji kobo is presenting withdrawal problems in yobit, could you help solve it?
sontanawic

Activity: 146

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:19:54 PM

hello all
Is there any way to withdraw KOBO on wallets or other exchanges?
yobit no for withdraw
rain_wins

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:25:41 PM

Any news about the coin,  I see that there is quite a lot of trading around the coin on Cryptopia, what is the reason for that?
The_Tribesman

Activity: 120
Merit: 6

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 12:41:47 AM
Last edit: January 15, 2018, 03:08:43 PM by The_Tribesman

UPDATE

Happy New Year everyone. Hope you all had a good festive season.

My hacked account hasn't been released by mods yet so I'll use this alt account until that's resolved. I've sent emails to the right person but I'll have to be more persistent to get it released.

Regarding the move to ETH, at this moment in time KOBO is faster than any ERC20 token out there. The ETH platform is clogged. We have a free uncluttered blockchain to keep moving forward with. I would have liked the move to ETH as it would have made things a lot simpler (for me) as we could take advantage of all the services already developed (e.g. mobile wallets). With the current situation on the network I no longer see it as a positive move.

I'm still in close contact with the team at Bitsoko and we're still investigating ways to take both platforms forward.

Upcoming developments:

New website
I'm actively seeking a web designer (or firm) to create a responsive website based on the current website theme. I want it to be professional but I don't want it to be just another crypto clone website. Some people 'appreciate' the current website (e.g P.Potts - https://youtu.be/ZxxkkEW3B-8 - mention starts at 11.30). Let me have your suggestions on what you'd like to see on the new website (dedicated forum etc). Feel free to post links with example websites and themes. Suggestions should be achievable. The work will be farmed out to a professional web designer so I'm hoping you'll be pleased with the final result. One thing the new website will push is that Kobocoin is X15 PoS. Kobo is far greener than bitcoin, and the network energy consumption is infinitesimal compared to bitcoin's energy consumption. In a world, and industry, that's moving to greener technologies I think it's a massive plus in our favour.

Social Media
Telegram: Do we need it? Should I open a group? Is there something better? This is something that can be done immediately.

Upgraded mobile wallets
I've hired two young developers (freelance) to bring the android wallet up to date. Both developers have impressive github work already. They will be investigating UI and blockchain/connectivity. So a good pairing. For now the priority is building us a stable, upgraded mobile wallet with exchange rate features. The free Yahoo Financial API service was closed. It affected a lot of crypto wallets. This has to be resolved. They're learning how the X15 algo works and what needs to be done. When we get this new wallet working it will be a major milestone.

So a question to all: What does a good mobile wallet have to have?

Source code and Desktop wallets
I had a source code review carried out last year and the code was given the all-clear. There are not really any advances in PoS that the reviewer felt were needed in the source code. I will also investigate upgrading the desktop wallets and getting listed on a multiwallet.

Establishing an African presence
Kobocoin is now well established in certain countries. Our biggest problem is making KOBO available to the people who want to buy it. People are contacting me and asking where they can buy it. If buying bitcoin is hard, then buying kobocoins may seem impossible. There are some early adopters trading on Cryptopia (and hopefully doing well with the recent rises). The next step is an exchange where people can buy kobo with local currency. I've been avoiding attempting this one because of the security implications. You have to be a security expert, or have one available, to take on the running of an exchange. I'm not a security expert.

Exchanges
Yobit continues to frustrate with the withdrawal issue. I've done what's been asked of me but there's still no resolution. CoinExchange seems to have periods of frantic activity. Cryptopia is becoming the main exchange which is good. It's reliable. It is still on my radar that we should be listed on at least one of the Chinese exchanges by the end of 2018. That's easy to say but hard to achieve, but I am on it.

There are new exchanges like Golix - https://golix.com/ - I will be contacting each and every one of these exchanges to see if we can get a listing. We should be listed on an exchange located on the continent.

Keep the Suggestions coming:
There's so much tech out there that can be applied to the project. Keep the ideas coming. An electrum server was mentioned earlier in the year. We do have an electrum server. There were hashing issues previously where it would startup and then stop after about 30 mins. I had limited time to troubleshoot it. Now may be the time to re-investigate electrum and see how the software has progressed or what services are available.

2018 Targets
1. Updated website online: Q1-Q2 2018
2. Updated mobile wallet available: Q2-Q3 2018
3. African exchange: Q4 2018
4. Chinese exchange: Q4 2018

And finally, I'll have more time in the very near future to keep things moving as I'm leaving my current employment to concentrate on all things crypto. My profession is too time/energy consuming. It's time to take the leap and put my energy into kobocoin and crypto.

TT

NB - Have you see this bitscreener vid - https://youtu.be/QoRwMLInx9I (yeah, I know, there are loads of them)

Smiley

Kobocoin - Mobile Money for Africa
opticoin

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:35:59 PM

thank you for the update!!.. the guys from CryptoAfrica http://cryptoafrica.com/ can probably help in promoting Kobocoin... Kobocoin is featured on their main page together with the main cryptos..
The_Tribesman

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2018, 07:45:16 PM

thank you for the update!!.. the guys from CryptoAfrica http://cryptoafrica.com/ can probably help in promoting Kobocoin... Kobocoin is featured on their main page together with the main cryptos..
Great idea. I'll contact them. Thanks

opticoin

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 01:12:12 AM

glad to help.. you might also want to connect with https://twitter.com/xtiandela  .. I saw in one of his tweets that he was looking for an African cryptocurrency...Based on this 1M followers, I think he is one of the known African cryptocurrency influencers and might fit the role of Roger Ver of Kobocoin  Smiley
The_Tribesman

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2018, 11:03:26 PM

glad to help.. you might also want to connect with https://twitter.com/xtiandela  .. I saw in one of his tweets that he was looking for an African cryptocurrency...Based on this 1M followers, I think he is one of the known African cryptocurrency influencers and might fit the role of Roger Ver of Kobocoin  Smiley
We are now in contact. Thanks!

Let's see what can be done.

Smiley

The_Tribesman

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 08:11:41 PM

I have also started a ticket at Yobit to ask what the hold-up is with withdrawals there.  It looks like it's been locked for more than a month and there are no flags on the exchange until an attempt to withdraw is made.  Very bad practice on the part of Yobit if you ask me. 
Yes, I can only apologise about YoBit but there's nothing I can do.

I have updated our github code to the latest release as they requested but it hasn't made any difference. I've contacted them and I'll contact them again. I am receiving the same treatment as everyone else. I have no special dispensation sadly.

Creeptolady

Activity: 70
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:45:54 PM

I have also started a ticket at Yobit to ask what the hold-up is with withdrawals there.  It looks like it's been locked for more than a month and there are no flags on the exchange until an attempt to withdraw is made.  Very bad practice on the part of Yobit if you ask me. 

I have updated our github code to the latest release as they requested but it hasn't made any difference. I've contacted them and I'll contact them again. I am receiving the same treatment as everyone else. I have no special dispensation sadly.

I don't think that's fair. Devs should actually be given preferential treatment as concerning support on exchanges since they are literally the voice of whatever token they represent and are working for a community of people who use their exchange. Just a thougth!

___ dock.io _______Decentralized professional data exchange powered by Ethereum_______
WHITEPAPER     █ █ █ █     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     █ █ █ █     ANN THREAD
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ● ⚫ ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
The_Tribesman

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 11:09:03 PM

I don't think that's fair. Devs should actually be given preferential treatment as concerning support on exchanges since they are literally the voice of whatever token they represent and are working for a community of people who use their exchange. Just a thougth!
I completely agree, but they really don't care. I'm guessing that if I offer some BTC they might sit up and notice (or maybe not). I will try again though.

opticoin

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:39:37 AM

I was in this situation before.. My solution was to bite the bullet: sold all my Kobocoins in Yobit and moved my trading to Cryptopia

We  should post a warning here to all potential traders that they should avoid Yobit and trade instead at Cryptopia... This would put a downward pressure on Kobo's price @ Yobit but this would be negated by an upward move @ Cryptopia.. I am suggesting to Tribesman that the price being shown @ Kobocoin Twitter account should be those from Cryptopia.

We , as Kobocoin's trading/investing community, should get our act together now.  There is an emerging trend towards regional cryptocurrency, and Kobocoin has the first-mover advantage to take this role in Africa. Kobocoin is featured in the CryptoAfrica exchange despite the absence of PR campaign.  However , there are emerging rival African coins now like Nurucoin which might take the limelight away from Kobocoin..  Kobocoin, however, has the first-mover advantage, maturity (3 years),  the credibility/transparency of the dev, and real-world application with the co-development with Bitsoko (as funded by the Gates Foundation). Despite the online news, very few are aware of the connection with the Gates Foundation, which I think will send the speculators into frenzy once Kobocoin gets its highly-deserved broader recognition in the cryptocommunity.  The price is currently stabilizing at the 0.0000070s area, but I think it will break and stay above 0.00001 soon.

Good luck!

The_Tribesman

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 03:25:37 PM

I was in this situation before.. My solution was to bite the bullet: sold all my Kobocoins in Yobit and moved my trading to Cryptopia

We  should post a warning here to all potential traders that they should avoid Yobit and trade instead at Cryptopia... This would put a downward pressure on Kobo's price @ Yobit but this would be negated by an upward move @ Cryptopia.. I am suggesting to Tribesman that the price being shown @ Kobocoin Twitter account should be those from Cryptopia.

We , as Kobocoin's trading/investing community, should get our act together now.  There is an emerging trend towards regional cryptocurrency, and Kobocoin has the first-mover advantage to take this role in Africa. Kobocoin is featured in the CryptoAfrica exchange despite the absence of PR campaign.  However , there are emerging rival African coins now like Nurucoin which might take the limelight away from Kobocoin..  Kobocoin, however, has the first-mover advantage, maturity (3 years),  the credibility/transparency of the dev, and real-world application with the co-development with Bitsoko (as funded by the Gates Foundation). Despite the online news, very few are aware of the connection with the Gates Foundation, which I think will send the speculators into frenzy once Kobocoin gets its highly-deserved broader recognition in the cryptocommunity.  The price is currently stabilizing at the 0.0000070s area, but I think it will break and stay above 0.00001 soon.

Good luck!

Again, thanks Opticoin.

The price being shown on twitter is from CMC right now. I'd like to make sure that what people see on CMC is matched by the twitter feed. Yes, YoBit is a mess but I will get this sorted. I might have to pay some BTC but I guess it has to be done. The Yobit boys only know money. Attempting to appeal to their better nature is foolish as they don't seem to have such a thing.

I will check the site today to see what's possible.

I wanted to send you a PM but you've blocked newbies from contacting you (and I'm a noob again). The BitcoinTalk admins seem to have no intention of listening to me or looking at the proof when it comes to my hacked account but I can't wait for them to get their act together so let's just get on with it. C'est la vie. I'm used to this type of treatment being an African man in high technology.

There are new cryptos wanting to get a foothold in Africa. I'm not sure about doing this as an ERC20 token, but I'm sure they know what they're attempting.

The JS lib will also get a healthcheck. I need to get my act together and start making sure the tools for interacting with the kobo blockchain are all available for interested parties. A representative of a number of Nigerian merchants recently requested this so it looks like people are starting to investigate what's possible.

As I said earlier, I'll be full time on Kobo and crypto from March this year. I'm aiming for 2018 to be a great year for kobo and the community.

The_Tribesman

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 08:23:41 PM

@Opticoin - Can you PM me so I can send you a PM as reply please.

MPE Project

Activity: 122

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:16:27 AM

Can we still mine this coin,or only POS?

The_Tribesman

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 02:45:34 AM

Can we still mine this coin,or only POS?
Only PoS since March, 2015.

opticoin

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:13:09 AM

What is Kobocoin? https://www.geekxplore.com/what-is-kobocoin.html

Kobocoin overview https://stokz.com/cryptocurrency/kobocoin-kobo

Technical analysis: https://stokz.com/cryptocurrency/kobocoin-kobo/technical-analysis   : Strong Buy!

The_Tribesman

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 11:49:55 AM
Last edit: March 03, 2018, 12:26:59 PM by The_Tribesman
Merited by iluvbitcoins (1)

UPDATE

I have bitten the bullet and paid 0.2 BTC for YoBit to resolve KOBO withdrawal issue. At this moment 0.2 BTC = $2217  Shocked

Screenshot of request:

I'm praying for a resolution once and for all!

Things are moving very fast and we are the first movers in this market with an already impressive reputation in Africa. Now is the time to push hard.

1. Xtian Dela (https://twitter.com/xtiandela) is now on board (he already knows, and loves, kobo Grin) and will be advertising kobo to his 1m+ African followers on all platforms. This is REALLY great news. He is one of Africa's REAL trend setters (Opticoin, I'll be in touch) - This is a real coup!

2. I have found a Canadian firm who are also excited about updating the kobocoin.com website - https://huckleberryagency.com/ - They specialize in Wordpress responsive sites. As I stated in an earlier update, our new site will push our green credentials.

3. One of our young developers has cracked pulling the old android wallet code into a new IDE, so we are a step closer to getting new wallets which will include pin-create, pin-to-send, opening splash screen and possibly further updated branding and feature. Another thing the wallet requires is the 'Sweep Paper Wallet' option. Once we get that then people can start buying kobo via paper wallets rather than struggling with exchanges. It also gives the roadside traders the ability to start selling kobo more easily and in batches (e.g. 10, 20, 50, 100, 500 KOBO paper wallets that can be imported into mobile wallet via QR code scanning).

NB - My account being hacked means I can no longer update the OP. Once things settle down I will create a new thread. Once again I will find someone experienced (here on BCT) to produce something slicker than what we currently have for the OP. Nice graphics etc

Please be aware that none of this comes cheap, and there are no ICO development funds to dip into! So if I lose my home spending my hard earned cash I'm coming to live with you guys (one by one)! Angry

NB - I might even consider having a proper roadmap! (shhh!)

TT

Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: