Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:41:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [KOBO] Kobocoin - Mobile Money for Africa  (Read 127489 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
MammothK

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 04:42:33 PM

The Golix exchange in Zimbabwe has agreed to list KOBO. This is fantastic news and a very big break. Zimbabwe is the biggest cryptocurrency market in Africa, and Golix is the largest exchange. They only accept cryptos that have a use case for Africa, so KOBO will be one of a small select group listed on the exchange. When the listing goes live, people will be able to buy KOBO directly in crypto, NGN (Nigerian Naira), KES (Kenya Shilling), ZAR (South African Rand) to name a few. As part of the listing process they'll also be helping to grow the KOBO community within Africa. They're a great outfit.

There are a few more stages to go through but we now have an exchange in Africa. KOBO's coming home! Smiley

There are now 2 options:

1. Go ahead with the listing now, before the code update.
2. Wait till the code update is completed, and then launch the updated website at the same time as the exchange listing.

The code update will start end Oct and be completed by end Dec. I'm happy to wait till the new year and launch the new website and Golix listing together. There's also nothing wrong with getting the listing up and running now so that the market is mature by the time the new website is launched.
Whatever way it happens, with the code update, Coinomi wallet and Golix markets, KOBO will be tooled up and ready to go to market. It's then about building the community and marketing the brand (which Golix also helps with as part of the service).

TT
Felix,

Just a quick note, the kobocoin explorer at cryptoid, requires payment its in a grace period, you may have noticed already and have plans Smiley

Have a nice weekend,
Regards.

K.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
paramind22

Activity: 2632
Merit: 550

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2018, 10:25:30 AM

Someone should make a film about this coin.   I like it.   

paramind22

Activity: 2632
Merit: 550

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2018, 10:28:33 AM

The Golix exchange in Zimbabwe has agreed to list KOBO. This is fantastic news and a very big break. Zimbabwe is the biggest cryptocurrency market in Africa, and Golix is the largest exchange. They only accept cryptos that have a use case for Africa, so KOBO will be one of a small select group listed on the exchange. When the listing goes live, people will be able to buy KOBO directly in crypto, NGN (Nigerian Naira), KES (Kenya Shilling), ZAR (South African Rand) to name a few. As part of the listing process they'll also be helping to grow the KOBO community within Africa. They're a great outfit.

There are a few more stages to go through but we now have an exchange in Africa. KOBO's coming home! Smiley

There are now 2 options:

1. Go ahead with the listing now, before the code update.
2. Wait till the code update is completed, and then launch the updated website at the same time as the exchange listing.

The code update will start end Oct and be completed by end Dec. I'm happy to wait till the new year and launch the new website and Golix listing together. There's also nothing wrong with getting the listing up and running now so that the market is mature by the time the new website is launched.
Whatever way it happens, with the code update, Coinomi wallet and Golix markets, KOBO will be tooled up and ready to go to market. It's then about building the community and marketing the brand (which Golix also helps with as part of the service).

TT
Felix,

Just a quick note, the kobocoin explorer at cryptoid, requires payment its in a grace period, you may have noticed already and have plans Smiley

Have a nice weekend,
Regards.

K.

It's not that hard to make block explorers.   I think the first thing has to be trust though in the server that hosts it and someone who knows how to set it up and maintain it in relationship to the wallets.  

This video explains how:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laeV2slJgc8&t=1157s

DesktopCommando

Activity: 486
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 12:31:39 PM

For this Communities Information - KOBO is going to be listed free of charge on https://emblemvault.com/ 's DEX, due to be released very soon.

https://coinscribble.com/emblem-vault-announces-support-for-more-than-500-cryptocurrencies/2085/releases/34/

https://github.com/DecentricCorp/coininfoplus/blob/master/lib/alts.js

for more information have a look at our Bitcointalk page https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1652345.0
The_Tribesman

Activity: 120
Merit: 6

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2018, 01:22:33 AM

For this Communities Information - KOBO is going to be listed free of charge on https://emblemvault.com/ 's DEX, due to be released very soon.

https://coinscribble.com/emblem-vault-announces-support-for-more-than-500-cryptocurrencies/2085/releases/34/

https://github.com/DecentricCorp/coininfoplus/blob/master/lib/alts.js

for more information have a look at our Bitcointalk page https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1652345.0
Thanks for the add. Much appreciated!

I'll make sure it's included as a wallet option.

Kobocoin - Mobile Money for Africa
JavaScrypt

Activity: 68

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 01:44:16 PM

BE is expiring.  Anyone donating to keep it online?
penoze
Legendary

Activity: 1235
Merit: 1003

https://minepi.com/cryptomeneer

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 03:29:01 PM

Saw it's expired little more than 30 days now.

Traded this coin somewhere in 2015, curious if there is still development on going.
@dev if there is, can you tell us what's atm ongoing for kobocoin?

The_Tribesman

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2018, 02:31:06 AM

This is the most recent update. The demo site been changing since the update went out.

UPDATE

Welcome to the evolution of Kobocoin

Apologies for the delay but there's been a few things going on. Let's start with the topic at hand.

1. Current Wallets

First let me start by saying that all your funds are safe. @opticoin, I'm aware of the current syncing problems of the android wallet. PLEASE INSTALL, AND MOVE YOUR KOBO TO, THE COINOMI MULTIWALLET. The original android wallet will always be available but it will have the ocassional syncing crash which takes time to resolve. It means rebuilding the kobo blockchain and resyncing the ABE database. I will be doing this over the next few days and the android wallet will once again begin syncing. The current android wallet is no longer available on Google Play Store. Once I've looked at what direction our android wallet has to take, and updated it accordingly, it will be back on there. Having a wallet for your own coin is great, but nowadays it's all about multiple assets. So, if anything, a kobo multiwallet is needed.

For now, if you're using the current KOBO android wallet PLEASE INSTALL, AND MOVE YOUR KOBO TO, THE COINOMI MULTIWALLET. I'm happy for people to keep using the original android wallet (it will remain slow and clunky for now), but I can't see why anyone would want to remain with the old wallet given the advantages of the Coinomi wallet. Remember that Coinomi uses a seed phrase to keep your kobo safe, there's no syncing, and you can sweep paper wallets with it. Use it!

The desktop wallets will be updated along with the code update (see below). I will look into monthly bootstrap images being available from github to try and relieve the slow syncing issue. Unfortunately, slow desktop wallet syncing is an industry wide problems apart from projects using an electrum type backend. I'll investigate the desktop wallets properly after the code update is completed.  

2. Code Update

The following code updates will take place before the demo website is migrated to live:  
   - Segwit
   - CSV
   - CLTV
   - Strict DER Encoding
   - Other performance improvements

These updates will take the codebase to Bitcoin 0.13. This will mean that all future updates to Bitcoin codebase can be rolled into Kobocoin a lot more easily. It will really gear KOBO up for the future. This update has just recently been proven on another PoS coin with our codebase. It will involve more than one update possibly over a number of months. I'm in the process of getting dates. We cannot move forward without these code updates. That's how important they are.

3. Identity

We now have an evolved identity. Images below. Hope you like it. If you don't, don't worry, it'll grow on you, and KOBO is always evolving Smiley

Logo and Currency Symbol

Text

4. New Website

The new website is taking shape. I'm doing the work myself. I wasn't happy with what was being delivered so decided to do it myself, hence the delay.

It will not go live until the code update is done. In the meantime I've put up a demo site that I'll be updating as I go along. Please bear with me over the next few weeks (or even months). The demo website will be going through changes as new items are added and it becomes more consumer focused (there's a brand consultant helping me out in that department - I only know geek speak). It's also mobile ready. The mobile site is boring right now but I'll do something to make it look a bit more appealing.

This is just a demo, not a live site. Images are not optimised so it might be a dog on first load. There's a lot of work left to do but at least you can now see the direction of travel.

DEMO SITE - http://dev.kobocoin.com

Items to be added include:

- Paper wallets - This will include screenshots to encourage small businesses to print and sell paper wallets loaded with kobo.
- Team
- Tech
- Roadmap
- Whitepaper
- Block Explorer
- Forum

Once there's enough content on the new website I'll also be using it as the basis of a new KOBO thread. This current thread will become redundant. If the website forum starts being used then I might move all updates to the new forum (as blog entries), and just post a link here.

I welcome your comments, suggestions etc.

5. Marketing KOBO

Once the code is updated and the website switched over, Xtian Dela and other social media influencers will start the marketing process via social media and giveaways to encourage people to see what KOBO is all about.

One issue is that, at ground level, the people who want to buy kobo don't now how to get any, and yet, at the same time we have low trading volume on the crypto markets. Marketing should hopefully address this. The demand for kobo exists. Rather than trying to convince massive retailers to integrate us into their website, I would like to try a new more basic approach. The website will provide details and templates for creating paper wallets that can be loaded with kobo and sold to people who want to buy some.

It could be the basis of an extra income for small businesses, street traders, and anyone else who wants to do the same. Think LycaMobile (http://www.lycamobile.com/).

6. Exchanges

I would love to make promises, but I can't. Once the website goes live and we start marketing KOBO we'll have to see what happens. I'm speaking with Golix (https://golix.com/). If we can get a listing on Golix it would be a massive boost. People will then be able to buy KOBO in local fiat currencies.

7. PLAAS and PLAASIO

Over the last year or so I've been talking about the partnership with BitSoko. Well, that partnership has now flourished into a joint blockchain project. I'd like to introduce you all to:

Project Plaas - The Farmers Blockchain Platform.

I am working with:

- Alakanani Itireleng AKA bitcoinlady - http://www.satoshicentre.tech/ - Plaas is her baby
- Gibson Juma - CEO, Bitsoko - https://bitsoko.io/

We're working towards an ICO that should run early next year. I'll not say too much about it here. Please goto the following sites to learn more:

https://plaas.io/ - Project website
https://plaas.io/token.php - Token sale website (Goto Team page to see my ugly mug - I'll update that pic when the lenses stop breaking)

And finally...

It's now three and a half years since launch. I really want to thank the small but loyal KOBO community for your continued support of the project. It really is very greatly appreciated. KOBO has had it's ups and downs, but it's still here. It's purpose still exists in it's original form, and Kobocoin is now known all over Africa. It's time for the project to attempt to take that next step (and hope that the tech stands up to the hammering it might get!).

In conclusion, the future looks promising.

TT

Smiley

tl;dr - That African coin. Still soldiering on.

MammothK

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 09:55:14 AM

Hi,
I will donate a few dollars worth of Kobocoin to keep the explorer going, as long as The Tribesman handles it.
Anyone else?  Smiley
Regards,
K.
The_Tribesman

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2018, 02:43:55 AM

Hi,
I will donate a few dollars worth of Kobocoin to keep the explorer going, as long as The Tribesman handles it.
Anyone else?  Smiley
Regards,
K.
Don't worry about that. I'll sort it out.

MammothK

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 11:39:07 AM

Hi,
Anyone else?  Smiley
Regards,
K.
Don't worry about that. I'll sort it out.
Great to hear, have full confidence in you, I figured to come this far mean that would be ok.
Btw, very interesting about your involvment with Plaas, its my first Africaan word, means 'farm' Smiley

I noticed that Golix were looking for market makers for Kobocoin with high margins as an incentive.
Hope to see the volume on all their coins increase, seems a little low right now, hasn't Zimbabwe got no currency at all not wrecked by inflation, they could certainly do with some kind of currency stablization (outside of the dollar as well).

Good luck,
K.
penoze
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 09:59:44 AM

The tradingvolume on cryptopia is also very low for days now, hope people will buy/sell coins soon to avoid delisting on Cryptopia.

MammothK

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 05:20:04 PM

Explorer back operational, shout a big Happy New Year to Kobocoin and all it's supporters, hope to have a good year for 2019  Grin Grin Grin

K.
The_Tribesman

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2019, 02:05:18 AM

Explorer back operational, shout a big Happy New Year to Kobocoin and all it's supporters, hope to have a good year for 2019  Grin Grin Grin

K.

Happy New Year to the loyal KOBO community and hodlers!

Keep your fingers crossed. Golix listing goes live soon, so trading volume for 2019 should be the best yearly trading so far. KOBO will have a dedicated market maker on Golix so this will definitely help. It will also open the door to more African partnerships.

MammothK

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 07:17:03 PM

Keep your fingers crossed. Golix listing goes live soon, so trading volume for 2019 should be the best yearly trading so far. KOBO will have a dedicated market maker on Golix so this will definitely help. It will also open the door to more African partnerships.

All ten sets of fingers crossed for the new year, surely a much better investment than bitcoin or other coins, I figure most of the big gains have happened already, now its Africa's turn, and what better coin choice  Grin Grin Grin

A quick question please, how are the coding plans going, is there any update to making wild fires in github, any closer ?

Regards.
The_Tribesman

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2019, 03:41:21 AM
Last edit: January 11, 2019, 01:42:28 AM by The_Tribesman

All ten sets of fingers crossed for the new year, surely a much better investment than bitcoin or other coins, I figure most of the big gains have happened already, now its Africa's turn, and what better coin choice  Grin Grin Grin

A quick question please, how are the coding plans going, is there any update to making wild fires in github, any closer ?

Regards.

I've contacted the developer. I'm yet to hear back from him. It will go ahead as soon as he can get started.

To be honest, I'm glad for the market dip and slow times. It takes the pressure off trying to rush things through. We can take this time to gear/partner up for the future.

For those getting impatient after 4 years, just bear in mind that the role models for Kobocoin are LycaMobile (for it's distribution) and Skype (because it's a model of longevity and gradual progress). This was always a long-term project and we're still on track.

Kobocoin is a good bet for the future. Don't underestimate the green/social value of PoS. Don't underestimate the fact that simple utility tokens like KOBO that did not ICO/IPO (e.g. BTC, LTC, DOGE) are now finally being recognised as the 'legally acceptable' face of crypto. Don't underestimate the need for cryptocurrencies in Africa, or the size of the market, and don't underestimate Kobocoin's presence when it comes to crypto awareness in Africa.

Thanks to the small but loyal KOBO community (true early adopters) for your continued support. Without your support Kobocoin would be nowhere. I am eternally grateful.  

penoze
Legendary

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 01:06:26 PM

Hi, suprisely enough I don't see any update about cryptopia. If cryptopia shuts down, what's the next plan for kobocoin regarding exchanges?

The_Tribesman

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2019, 12:53:00 AM

Hi, suprisely enough I don't see any update about cryptopia. If cryptopia shuts down, what's the next plan for kobocoin regarding exchanges?

I'm still waiting on the Golix listing. It's been almost a month since the final go ahead but they did have a serious hacking incident a few weeks ago. It's a massive step towards the final goal.

The_Tribesman

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2019, 12:56:11 AM

I found this write up on FT Reporter. It's from 2017. The writer of the article absolutely gets the point of Kobocoin.

http://ftreporter.com/kobocoin-africas-alternative-form-of-payment/

Smiley

penoze
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 08:10:30 AM

I think we should wait for next announcements from Cryptopia team.
The Cryptopia site has shown under un-scheduled maintenance.

It's not normal maintenance, they got robbed.

Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: