Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:37:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Campaign to BOYCOTT BITCOIN!  (Read 9567 times)
Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2015, 11:33:31 PM

Well, somehow we need to show them that their thinking is not the right way to go... but i don't know if Boycott would do anything at all.

sure, it would strenghten alts which is their greatest fear. Stronger alts would provide us little people could get a slice of the pie. Bitcoin itself goes nowhere because inflation. So with this currency we are going nowhere. I am all for stronger altcoins and less marketshare for btc (can't hold the value anyways, pump and dump shitcoin).
Bitcoins distribution is a joke. Why would anyone want to use that? Altcoin industry is distributed to much more people and much more equally than bitcoin is. So holding that down with their propaganda and actions is essentially robbing us altcoin investors.

So you're just pissed you didn't know about Bitcoin sooner? You sound like a sore loser!

Don't spend so much time complaining about what didn't happen. Spend your time trying to make the crypto currency you've put all your money in into something relevant.

commandrix

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 11:58:12 PM

Too late. Most of the writing jobs I've done lately, I've gotten paid in Bitcoin for. In fact, I'm expecting another payment tomorrow.
fat buddah

Activity: 330
Merit: 102

Get Ready to Make money.

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 01:18:36 AM

The usual bitcoin-frogs singing in here  Roll Eyes

Exactly like pointed out. For them it's only Bitcoin and nothing else. Well, these people are a failure and can't see left or right.

Legendary and Foundation members are not to be trusted for financial advise.

Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 03:24:42 AM

Even if you have a beef with bitcoin because of the price or whatever your thing is, it's still great as a payment protocol to and from across the world and that is a big benefit to me in my life no matter the price. The price will come around to your liking in due time but the positives of the protocol are constant if you have a need for it. I sure hope the remittance market industry people are getting their business model out because that is a great area to drive demand on a continual basis no matter what happens. The remit market will be big time for bitcoin.
TheMage

Activity: 812

Litecoin Association Director

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 03:34:21 AM

"Boycott Bitcoin" sounds like a bankster troll thread. I've seen many of those in the past four years.
There is only one secure network, the Bitcoin network, and many experiments.
If people think they can do better than the Bitcoin protocol, then they can build a sidechain..
Altcoins that are heavily promoted are making false promises of security and/or decentralization and/or anonymity.

Actually you are incorrect, Litecoin and also Dogecoin are very secure networks. Not sure if you purposely left those out or merely forgot about them.

Speaking about experiments, interesting you say that since technically Bitcoin is still in beta  Roll Eyes.

I find it a bit ironic that everyone ignored my post on working together. If people really cared they would do just that.

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealMage for Litecoin and Litecoin Association news!
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 07:48:02 AM

Speaking about experiments, interesting you say that since technically Bitcoin is still in beta  Roll Eyes.

and I look forward to the ledger reset once we is out of beta  Wink

and too the OP

how exactly does one boycott bitcoin? its not like even 0.1% of holders are actually using it.
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 08:20:21 AM

Fuel to the fire of pretending bitcoin is a continuation of the current system, with the small difference of having geeks in the center in stead of the aristocracy or the remains of it.

But the system is profoundly different. You can't have oligarchs. slaves, house slaves and sovereigns in the bitcoin syetem, only sovereigns.

Boussac
Legendary

Activity: 1220
Merit: 1015

e-ducat.fr

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2015, 10:05:59 AM

"Boycott Bitcoin" sounds like a bankster troll thread. I've seen many of those in the past four years.
If people think they can do better than the Bitcoin protocol, then they can build a sidechain..
Altcoins that are heavily promoted are making false promises of security and/or decentralization and/or anonymity.

Actually you are incorrect, Litecoin and also Dogecoin are very secure networks. Not sure if you purposely left those out or merely forgot about them.
Do I stand corrected ?
the Bitcoin network secures 50 times more value than the Lite coin network: how would we know if Litecoin is as well tested as Bitcoin from a security stand point ?

The hashrate of the Bitcoin network is 300 000 times superior to the hashrate of the Litecoin network.
An attacker needs to rent this computing power for 20 minutes to reverse two blocks while it takes only 5 minutes on the Litecoin network.
In short the protection offered by the Bitcoin network against malicious reversal of a transaction is vastly superior by several orders of magnitude.
The numbers are even worse for dogecoin.

Simply bear in mind that email has not taken off with every corporation crafting its own version of SMTP.

AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 11:45:35 AM

Maybe you should start your boycott at some bitcoinhater forum instead of this one. More chances to find collaborators, I guess.
Then, when you are 1000 or more, you come back and sweep this f.... Bitcoin + this forum away from earth. Good luck.

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 11:56:42 AM

Do I stand corrected ?
the Bitcoin network secures 50 times more value than the Lite coin network: how would we know if Litecoin is as well tested as Bitcoin from a security stand point ?

The hashrate of the Bitcoin network is 300 000 times superior to the hashrate of the Litecoin network.
An attacker needs to rent this computing power for 20 minutes to reverse two blocks while it takes only 5 minutes on the Litecoin network.
In short the protection offered by the Bitcoin network against malicious reversal of a transaction is vastly superior by several orders of magnitude.
The numbers are even worse for dogecoin.

Simply bear in mind that email has not taken off with every corporation crafting its own version of SMTP.

you make alot of assumptions there, so you think higher hashrate = greater security?

well it can in some context, like a single idiot trying with their own or rented equip (and all 3 mentioned network hash is strong enough for that to be pointless) but if someone wanted to go to the effort of an proper attack and plan a decent course of action hashrate after a point would make little difference.

waaat?

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 04:14:12 PM

Bitcoin is inferior coin. No real developement. Very slow.

Only thing it has is that crazy cult in denial of reality around it. 
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2015, 04:24:23 PM

Bitcoin is inferior coin. No real developement. Very slow.

Only thing it has is that crazy cult in denial of reality around it. 

Bitcoin is inferior coin?  To what other crypto?  What kind of hashish are you smoking?

Bitcoin is the only coin with real development.  It's the only coin with real VC investment and support.

No other coin has the backing, development, investment, and interest of Bitcoin.

Not Litecoin, not Paycoin, not NXT, not Ripple, not Darkcoin, not Stellar, not Counterparty, not [insert any alt coin here]...

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
Superstars

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 04:34:14 PM

it will be really big mistake if we not hellping out people to trust
and do it about it Cheesy
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2015, 04:41:47 PM

Long live the forums. If you don't like it, leave. Join the rotting community of alternative solutions.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Lord Of The Ring

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 05:06:16 PM

Well, somehow we need to show them that their thinking is not the right way to go... but i don't know if Boycott would do anything at all.

it will help community to makes price of bitcoin will more rise and show a epic moment later
i think so
altcoin hitler

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 05:59:23 PM

LaudaM is one of the worst trashposters on the forum, no shit. Never seen any comment from her that had any value. Not a single substantial or valuable comment, not a single one ever. Only brainless bitcoin follow-the-herd-to-the-moon-shit.
Seriously redundant participant.

King of the real Bitcoin Foundation https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=934517.0
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2015, 07:12:14 PM

LaudaM is one of the worst trashposters on the forum, no shit. Never seen any comment from her that had any value. Not a single substantial or valuable comment, not a single one ever. Only brainless bitcoin follow-the-herd-to-the-moon-shit.
Very interesting to hear this from an altcoin shill. It really gets to me, definitely after I've been recently unignored by some of most valuable members in this community.  Undecided

Bitcoin needs to be canceled. It has nothing to do anymore with the original idea of cryptocurrency.
Is this related to the 'original idea' that Satoshi had or are you referring to someone else?
The fork-issue has shown large parts of btc bagholders have become so arrogant they want to get rid of the consensus and don't care anymore about decentralisation
Please quote these bagholders, or are you referring to Gavin?
You can't achieve consensus when you let people who are actively against Bitcoin have a say in this. This can't completely be compared to an election, where party x and party y will try to improve something (hopefully).

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
altcoin hitler

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 08:55:54 PM

is someone talking?

King of the real Bitcoin Foundation https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=934517.0
altcoin hitler

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 09:10:10 PM

is someone talking?
Oh look a child flinging crap and hate, just another to add to the ignore list.

Just keep believing it's all some sort of bag holder conspiracy with the fork too and not an evolution of the coin to make sure we don't have a queue of full blocks over and over with long confirmation times.

Dude, i'm not interested in 'Bitcoin' anymore. You can fork it all up. If i could care less, i would.  

Look at the charts how piss poor it's doing. I don't have time for this clusterfuck.

mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 10:54:03 PM

Very interesting to hear this from an altcoin shill. It really gets to me, definitely after I've been recently unignored by some of most valuable members in this community.  Undecided

Bitcoin needs to be canceled. It has nothing to do anymore with the original idea of cryptocurrency.
Is this related to the 'original idea' that Satoshi had or are you referring to someone else?
The fork-issue has shown large parts of btc bagholders have become so arrogant they want to get rid of the consensus and don't care anymore about decentralisation
Please quote these bagholders, or are you referring to Gavin?
You can't achieve consensus when you let people who are actively against Bitcoin have a say in this. This can't completely be compared to an election, where party x and party y will try to improve something (hopefully).

I would like to tell me more about BTC decentralization and how you comment that 5-6 people like Roger Ver, Micky Malka, Erik Voorhees own 90% from BTC Smiley

http://www.infowars.com/bitcoin-elites-plan-secret-bilderberg-style-confab/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: