Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:25:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Campaign to BOYCOTT BITCOIN!  (Read 9567 times)
dewdeded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011

Monero Evangelist

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 09:23:53 PM

P2P is rule-based networking concept and not democracy.
It is very often democratic, but it doesnt have to be.
Selena Gomez

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 09:50:40 PM

Bitcoin has become the cancer of cryptocurrency and holds back progress and surpresses the entire altcoin industry. It is a scam for early adopters and miners to get rich of YOUR money by hyping  it up to the point of telling people 10million$ for a coin would be realistic. This is a get rich quick mentality and often times misleading marketing (comparison to gold while it is inflationary more than fiat) and bitcoin looks very, very much like a ponzi right now.

Hard to tell whether you're trolling (I suspect you are) but the cancer of cryptos are altcoin scams and it's the adopters of these shitcoins and scamscoins that actually want to 'get rich off your money by hyping it up'. Actually come to think about it I think you're trying to be ironic here lol.

i think thats all because people not looking information about thats coin before buy it thats why a lot people got trap on scamcoin or dead coin
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 11:10:13 PM

It wasn't the developer of Bitcoin, who did a mistake. We are the cancer. There are more black souls than white souls.
P2P = Democracy, and (real) democracy does not work - it ends in chaos. Take a look at Greece today, take a look to Greece <1000 years in the past.
It's a 51% attack if you let the people decide what's good or what's wrong.

Project 'mankind' has failed, not Bitcoin.

It's funny that you say "Project 'mankind' has failed, not Bitcoin." while having a signature that links to zeit-coin lol.
wadili89
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 12:09:46 AM

I blame the bubbles. What would have worked well is for Bitcoin to have gradually gained interest and mainstream adoption. Then the price would reflect this growing demand and the market cap would increase at a steadily rate that would have made the inflation irrelevant. Look at what happened in 2012 as an example. Bitcoin slowly appreciated in price in a sensible manner. Instead what we got were a series of bubbles, bear markets, and butthurt "investors". Bitcoin isn't the problem. We are.

it's all pump and dump

if bitcoin deso`nt help u !! then share it amony peoples !! i m not leaving bitcoin !! and never will !!

i just dont understand why people say i will leave bitcoins or i will not leave bitcoins what do they mean by leaving bitcoins ? its a currancy get paid in bitcoins and spend them like every other currency

TheMage

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

Litecoin Association Director

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 12:29:23 AM

I support OPs thinking and ideas, but I dont support a campaign to boycott bitcoin.

And I would like to add:

- Full nodes deserve rewards. It's utterly unfair and illogical, that only miners get paid.
Disclaimer: I dont know of a good way to pay full nodes. As there are so many, to be paying them every block.

- It's very sad that the (technology oriented) group of early adopting bitcoiners have splitted into the following three subgroups:

1.) One World Order-Bitcoiners (strict anti alternative coins)
2.) Open Minded Bitcoiners
3.) Crypto Currency-supporters

We are in a bad situation now.
WE NEED TO UNITE AGAIN UNDER THE LABEL OF CRYPTO CURRENCY!

This hands down is the best post in this thread.

I honestly do not have the energy right now to go into a large diatribe about how the vast majority of posters here are wrong (on both sides), but I will say that it is very counter productive to 1. boycott anything and 2. the bitcoin evangelists preaching thou shall not take bitcoin in vain (the 2 sides represented here with a sprinkle of "why can't we all get along" posters).

Traders gonna trade, scammers gonna scam, crypto enthusiasts will still be around through hell and high water to promote one of the most important technologies today to others. This is what is important right now, to promote the technology and not the products. Who cares if someone is a Bitcoin guy, a Litecoin guy, a Dogecoin guy, so on and so forth? What matters is that there are choices, and humans like choice. We need to utilize this as a strength not a weakness.

I've made it a personal mission of mine to try to get more community interaction happening. Working with Blackcoin, Darkcoin, Neoscoin, Dogecoin, Vericoin, etc. We need more people to reach across all communities and show support, moral or otherwise, in order to strengthen our ties. I challenge anyone here to do the same, or end up as a community divided with a lost sense of direction towards the future.

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealMage for Litecoin and Litecoin Association news!
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 01:55:12 AM

Bitcoin is being boycotted as we speak, the price is being pushed down, someone is slow-buying cheap coins.
agath

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 02:51:07 AM

The recent discussion about the hardfork (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=919629.0) and this long bearmarket has brought several things to light:

-Bitcoin suffers from high inflation and is unable to maintain its value. This makes it unfit for use in daily business, slows adoption and makes it very volatile and a psychological terror for many people

-The bitcoiners (especially the bigger bagholders) in large parts suffer delusion of grandeur thinking it would take over the world or at least pretending to think it in order to draw in noobs and rob them of their money (transfer their wealth to miners and early investors)

- Bitcoin is wasteful. The high inflation leads to a too large and centralised mining industry consuming huge amounts of electricity and money.

- Bitcoin actively holds down alternative currencies and with this slows down progress and real innovation (bitcoins only concern in regards of innovation seems to be to keep the upper hand over alts and with this behaviour ensure the latecomers not get a thing from joining the cryptomovement and are forced to use btc instead to make the large bagholders rich while preventing everyone who joined later to make profit at all. So bitcoin is anti fair distribution and an elitist shitcoin)

- The fork-issue has shown large parts of btc bagholders have become so arrogant they want to get rid of the consensus and don't care anymore about decentralisation

- Bitcoin does not care about the little man, it's all about that small cabale that was around at launch.

Bitcoin has become the cancer of cryptocurrency and holds back progress and surpresses the entire altcoin industry. It is a scam for early adopters and miners to get rich of YOUR money by hyping  it up to the point of telling people 10million$ for a coin would be realistic. This is a get rich quick mentality and often times misleading marketing (comparison to gold while it is inflationary more than fiat) and bitcoin looks very, very much like a ponzi right now.

If you feel the same or agree with some of these points or have other fundamental critique on btc i would invite you to join the campaign for boycott. Feel free to put a statement of protest/boycott into your signature and stop using it. Use altcoins instead and demand from exchanges tradingpairs with other coins as basecurrency.

Bitcoin needs to be canceled. It has nothing to do anymore with the original idea of cryptocurrency.

Thank you for your attention and time.

I hardly can read all those bullshit concentrated in so few lines. And what makes me laugh is that these are supported only by newcomers/newbies.

Bitcoin inflation is limited and planned, so you can take your decisions based on this.
Bitcoin potential is huge and sooner or later everyone will realize it. Bagholders are not bagholders, they are just people who already realized that.
The large mining industry behind bitcoin makes it the most safe cryptocurrency existing. Every other cryptocurrency can be attacked very easily by just one large miner.
Probably you don't even understand what's behind the "hard-fork", and moreover, if people don't want it, they just need to mine elsewhere and it will never reach consensus. If you like it different, it's easy for you to wirte your own cryptocurrency, if it's really better, everybody will switch to it.
Last but not least, any market when it becomes interesting, gets invaded by big whales, no matter what, they can shake the entire ecosystem unless it's already huge.

So ... I just think you are complaining because you missed the bandwagon.
chaoman

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 03:05:17 AM

U just mad you came to the party late and missed your chance to be rich.
fancy_pants

Activity: 663
Merit: 501

quarkchain.io

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2015, 03:37:59 AM

You forgot the most important reason to boycott.  99.9% of the planet is already "boycotting" bitcoin because it's dorky. 

straight. up. dorky.
rothy6

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 05:34:37 AM
Last edit: February 02, 2015, 06:27:53 AM by rothy6

Summary of OP.
IF you're a complete whiner/loser then this thread is for you.
Rent_a_Ray
Legendary

Activity: 1329
Merit: 1037

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 09:39:45 AM

It's funny that you say "Project 'mankind' has failed, not Bitcoin." while having a signature that links to zeit-coin lol.
I see no connection between my opinion and my signature. Can you explain it more clearly? Thanks in advice.
tadakaluri

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2015, 02:04:07 PM

Any Boycotters can send your Bitcoins to my Wallet  Wink
Ruckspin

Activity: 24

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 02:23:24 PM

You forgot the most important reason to boycott.  99.9% of the planet is already "boycotting" bitcoin because it's dorky. 

straight. up. dorky.

Lol. It may be dorky but that's what they said about the internet... and practically every other new technology. Remember, the geeks shall inherit the earth and it's the early adopters who benefit from seeing the potential and getting involved when they did.
a fool and his money ...

Merit: 103

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 09:41:25 PM

i think i will leave this here:

http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-elite-meet-secret-island-bilderberg-style-retreat/
SANGEETH

Activity: 8

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 09:55:24 PM

who is boycotting bitcoin im earning quite a small amount of money from this...dont boycott this site.   Embarrassed    Embarrassed     Embarrassed
a fool and his money ...

Merit: 103

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 09:57:26 PM

who is boycotting bitcoin im earning quite a small amount of money from this...dont boycott this site.   Embarrassed    Embarrassed     Embarrassed

there is more profit in altcoins now. People will soon abandon the titanic.

Boussac
Legendary

Activity: 1220
Merit: 1015

e-ducat.fr

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2015, 10:06:25 PM

"Boycott Bitcoin" sounds like a bankster troll thread. I've seen many of those in the past four years.
There is only one secure network, the Bitcoin network, and many experiments.
If people think they can do better than the Bitcoin protocol, then they can build a sidechain..
Altcoins that are heavily promoted are making false promises of security and/or decentralization and/or anonymity.

AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 11:11:32 PM

who is boycotting bitcoin im earning quite a small amount of money from this...dont boycott this site.   Embarrassed    Embarrassed     Embarrassed

there is more profit in altcoins now. People will soon abandon the titanic.

What profits? all altcoins always meet a certain dead, except potential projects and thats like not more than I could count with the fingers on a single hand.
SargeR33

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 11:17:47 PM

This guy is a fool. So bitcoin is a scam, altcoins aren't. You sound like another PayCoin user who got hurt when his alt dropped to shit. The solution? You want us to stop using bitcoin and hype up some altcoin so it follows the same bubble path as bitcoin.

Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2015, 11:31:20 PM

Wait, so you want to abandon Bitcoin, the original crypto currency so that other crypto currencies can flourish? Which will surely lead to some other crypto currency being the front runner for volume, publicity, and value per fiat. At that point would we have to abandon that popular currency?

What you're proposing doesn't make sense.

Abandoning Bitcoin will allow the press and general public (whom the Bitcoin community desperately needs for future success) to declare that Bitcoin is a failure. The skeptics were right, Bitcoin never had a future, "silly tech people with their make believe money!"

Instead of having a campaign to ruin what you want to be successful, why don't you start a campaign to publicize the use of Bitcoin to Main Street? Why don't you publicize the variety of crypto currencies available? Why don't you publicize the reason why a variety of cyrpto currencies is a good thing?

As a last point...consider why in the US the 13 different currencies that existed in the beginning (one for each colony) were consolidated into one single currency...because there simply isn't a need for more than one.  

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: