Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:40:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ross Ulbricht faces a potential life sentence starting tomorrow.  (Read 14018 times)
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 08:10:39 PM

All the best Ross, you got a long road ahead of you mate.
Fuck all the people here putting you down, you didn't push drugs, you helped people who wanted to score get them and that should not be a crime in my books, ok maybe you went a bit over the top with hiring the hitman (if true) but still a legend to many.

Try get a hold of a laptop or mobile while inside and tells us the truth, you still have a lot of support in the community.
Keep your spirits up!
lmao...I'm just wondering what kind of shuffling gait the inmate that managed to successfully keister a netbook into prison would look like.

As for DPR's plight.  I suspect he will have the proverbial book thrown at him to be sure.  They will try and make an example out of him to dissuade potential future DPR's from taking his place.

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitkilo
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 09:36:05 PM

All the best Ross, you got a long road ahead of you mate.
Fuck all the people here putting you down, you didn't push drugs, you helped people who wanted to score get them and that should not be a crime in my books, ok maybe you went a bit over the top with hiring the hitman (if true) but still a legend to many.

Try get a hold of a laptop or mobile while inside and tells us the truth, you still have a lot of support in the community.
Keep your spirits up!
lmao...I'm just wondering what kind of shuffling gait the inmate that managed to successfully keister a netbook into prison would look like.

As for DPR's plight.  I suspect he will have the proverbial book thrown at him to be sure.  They will try and make an example out of him to dissuade potential future DPR's from taking his place.
Well obviously your jails are more secure than ours her because whatever you want the warden will bring it in for you, at a price.

This seems like good timing, Ross goes to trial today and silk road is back online as silkroadreloaded.i2p.

bf4btc

Activity: 568
Merit: 500

Smoke weed everyday!

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 12:17:31 AM

They caught this dude red handed at a library with his computer admin panel still up.  Lol.  He's toast.

You can get 25 years for serving a couple pounds of cocaine.  Running a billion+ dollar cp/drug society = he won't be seeing daylight for most likely the majority of his adult life. 

His only, and I mean only hope to escape a life sentence is if they offer him some kind of plea deal where he works with the fbi to crack down against illicit btc operations.   Which, I could actually see happening.
I don't see the government offering any kind of plea deal in exchange for corporation to help take down others. The reason those kinds of plea deals are made is to try to convict "bigger fish" however the operator of Silk Road1 is pretty much the biggest fish in the online illegal drug world.

I would say his chances of being found not guilty would lie on the chances that evidence will be thrown out because it was obtained illegally

████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████▄▄▄█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
████████▀▀▀██████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████▀▀▀▀████████

flipstyle

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 12:30:18 AM

They caught this dude red handed at a library with his computer admin panel still up.  Lol.  He's toast.

You can get 25 years for serving a couple pounds of cocaine.  Running a billion+ dollar cp/drug society = he won't be seeing daylight for most likely the majority of his adult life. 

His only, and I mean only hope to escape a life sentence is if they offer him some kind of plea deal where he works with the fbi to crack down against illicit btc operations.   Which, I could actually see happening.
I don't see the government offering any kind of plea deal in exchange for corporation to help take down others. The reason those kinds of plea deals are made is to try to convict "bigger fish" however the operator of Silk Road1 is pretty much the biggest fish in the online illegal drug world.

I would say his chances of being found not guilty would lie on the chances that evidence will be thrown out because it was obtained illegally

That's a good point.  They may just throw the book at him in order to set a precedence and try and cast a public black eye on the currency.  We all know how the US government generally feels about cryptos right now..
bf4btc

Activity: 568

Smoke weed everyday!

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 01:19:20 AM

That's a good point.  They may just throw the book at him in order to set a precedence and try and cast a public black eye on the currency.  We all know how the US government generally feels about cryptos right now..
I think they have thrown the book at him. I don't think they will outright not accept any plea deal at all, however there will not be part of any deal that involves him trying to help catch someone "bigger". The government may offer a deal that would involve in pleeding guilty in exchange for a lesser sentence so the government would not need to bear the expense of trying him and risk loosing on 4th amendment appeals.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████▄▄▄█████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
████████▀▀▀██████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████▀▀▀▀████████

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 02:10:24 AM

We all know how the US government generally feels about cryptos right now..

We do?

haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2015, 12:35:11 PM

We all know how the US government generally feels about cryptos right now..

We do?

Of course! The government loves crypto. In fact, they're trading tons of it themselves, and they don't have a bigger brother to oversee them.

2btc

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 02:28:24 PM

I think they have thrown the book at him. I don't think they will outright not accept any plea deal at all, however there will not be part of any deal that involves him trying to help catch someone "bigger". The government may offer a deal that would involve in pleeding guilty in exchange for a lesser sentence so the government would not need to bear the expense of trying him and risk loosing on 4th amendment appeals.

He's not pleading guilty though. He's admitted to creating it but seems to be trying to say he passed ownership onto someone else. I don't see how they're gonna buy that when they caught him red handed logged in as DPR.
TheDreadPirateDickstein

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 05:37:42 PM
Last edit: January 14, 2015, 07:17:19 PM by TheDreadPirateDickstein

You don't doubt that he's the mastermind yet you think he should get off easy?  He's a criminal that probably deserves to spend a very long time in prison.

NO

You are mistaken...about quite....many....things....you do not deserve to be in my sacred digital homeland.

Fuck off bagholder.
Ok so dude:
1. Ran huge drug site
2.Bought forged documents for multiple countries
3.Tried to have a guy MURDERED

soooo why should we give any shits on how much time he gets?

ONE:  Self-reliant and free access to drugs and healthcare are an inalienable right according to Thomas Jefferson's opinion of the United States constitution, which is frankly, the only one that matters.

TWO : I give two shits

THREE : THE MAN HE TRIED TO KILL I DECLARE TO BE AN ENEMY OF THE REPUBLIC. He was going to reveal the identities of all SR users. If I were DPR...I'd have done the same thing. Allah u Akbar

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    delicia | delicia.io    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Decentralized Global Food Network | World's Only Solution to Food Wastage | Join Whitelist Now, Get 30% Bonus
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Whitepaper | Telegram | Medium | Twitter | FB | ANN    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
darkota

Activity: 770

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 06:01:08 PM

They caught this dude red handed at a library with his computer admin panel still up.  Lol.  He's toast.

You can get 25 years for serving a couple pounds of cocaine.  Running a billion+ dollar cp/drug society = he won't be seeing daylight for most likely the majority of his adult life.  

His only, and I mean only hope to escape a life sentence is if they offer him some kind of plea deal where he works with the fbi to crack down against illicit btc operations.   Which, I could actually see happening.

Lol, 1 billion a year being exchanged on an online drug site is Small Change compared to what some drug cartels exchange yearly. Yes, Ross's Silk Road was the biggest drug exchange ever on the internet, but it is very far from being the biggest drug operation ever. Leaders of drug cartels have been making billions since the early 1900s, Ross is nothing in comparison.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 07:17:15 PM

Silk Road stunner: Ulbricht admits founding the site, but says he isn’t DPR - http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2015/01/ulbricht-admits-he-founded-silk-road-but-says-he-isnt-dread-pirate-roberts/ .

Smiley

EDIT: Government has to look good. They have to look useful. And that is besides all the money they stand to rake in. So they'll frame anybody they can.

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
thriftshopping

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 11:57:56 PM

Lol, 1 billion a year being exchanged on an online drug site is Small Change compared to what some drug cartels exchange yearly. Yes, Ross's Silk Road was the biggest drug exchange ever on the internet, but it is very far from being the biggest drug operation ever. Leaders of drug cartels have been making billions since the early 1900s, Ross is nothing in comparison.
I don't think many of these drug cartels are located in the US. Even if they were located in the US it would be very difficult for Ross to help catch and prosecute them because the government already has most/all of the evidence he could potentially turn over in the silk road servers
mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 01:03:15 AM

Silk Road stunner: Ulbricht admits founding the site, but says he isn’t DPR - http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2015/01/ulbricht-admits-he-founded-silk-road-but-says-he-isnt-dread-pirate-roberts/ .

Smiley

EDIT: Government has to look good. They have to look useful. And that is besides all the money they stand to rake in. So they'll frame anybody they can.

Good joke... "Ulbricht admits founding the site, but says he isn’t DPR" hahaha
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 01:08:42 AM

http://www.coindesk.com/mt-gox-ceo-mark-karpeles-implicated-silk-road-trial/

discuss.

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 01:54:34 AM

Smiley

Notice, the thread title says "potential" life sentence. Government has a long way to go to prove Ross had anything to do with anything illegal. Their goal is to get Ross to admit to wrongdoing. If they can't do that, he goes free.

In the event government can literally find a string of evidence, where everyone in the string swears that it is the truth, and the string leads back to Ross, and he is found guilty, even if this takes place and Ross stands at sentencing, all he has to say is, "Can anyone come forward who can verify in court that anything I did caused him harm or damage?"

Then, there better be someone who can prove that broken bones, headaches, cuts, bruises (not some silly mental worry-wart turmoil) was done by Ross. If they can't, he still goes free, if he and his attorneys are smart enough so that he can ask the question.

It is a complete uphill battle for the government, if Ross doesn't open his mouth and convict himself... even if he is guilty as all get-out.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 02:32:21 AM

Smiley

Notice, the thread title says "potential" life sentence. Government has a long way to go to prove Ross had anything to do with anything illegal. Their goal is to get Ross to admit to wrongdoing. If they can't do that, he goes free.

In the event government can literally find a string of evidence, where everyone in the string swears that it is the truth, and the string leads back to Ross, and he is found guilty, even if this takes place and Ross stands at sentencing, all he has to say is, "Can anyone come forward who can verify in court that anything I did caused him harm or damage?"

Then, there better be someone who can prove that broken bones, headaches, cuts, bruises (not some silly mental worry-wart turmoil) was done by Ross. If they can't, he still goes free, if he and his attorneys are smart enough so that he can ask the question.

It is a complete uphill battle for the government, if Ross doesn't open his mouth and convict himself... even if he is guilty as all get-out.

Smiley

Do you have actual experience in the legal system, or are you just spouting theories?
I have several lawyers in my family... And from what they tell me, anything is possible.
It's really up to the judges and juries.

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 02:34:29 AM

I would never have expected that! You really cannot make this stuff up.

cryptworld

Activity: 714
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 02:36:34 AM

it looks that the trial has bring some really strange possibilities

some times life takes over fiction
mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 03:27:39 AM

it is a bullshit. Ross Ulbricht owned Silk Road. FBI will bring the evidence next weeks. You will see. Smiley

Karpeles remains a thief and money launderer as most of the Bitcoin exchangers
flipstyle

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 03:37:15 AM

Smiley

Smiley

lol@implying the government can't get their way one way or another.

'Government' and 'uphill' in the judicial system are antonyms.  If you haven't noticed, the government is the judge, juror and executioner.    It's essentially synonymous to suing google in their own in-house legislative court.

Even in your unrealistic dream world scenario, should either of the two magically escape sentencing, then the government always has alternate ways to quietly erase them 'off the map,' so to speak.

They can and will do as they please...without recourse.

And I can't fathom how anyone in their right mind could defend either of the two.  I'd be completely fine with an underground craigslist type selling world that strictly prohibits black market fire arms and hard drugs (no, marijuana isn't a hard drug).   But supporting either one of these ass-clowns is essentially stating your support for heroin addicts and child pornography.  i.e. you are a sick f___  (insert the blank)
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: