Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 10:41:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Adam Guerbuez claims some very big news is coming for Bitcoin this friday  (Read 31031 times)
BitCoinNutJob (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 10:22:14 AM
Last edit: January 18, 2015, 09:45:48 AM by BitCoinNutJob

Adam Guerbuez claims some very big news is coming for Bitcoin this friday.  He has been posting about it on twitter, lots of retweets/favs, its hard to overlook completely.

What do we think he is talking about?  

flipstyle

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 10:26:44 AM

SidGrip ‏@SidGrip 6h6 hours ago

@AdamGuerbuez Are they going to start shipping people of to the Gulag's for using #bitcoin Lol!?
0 replies 0 retweets 0 favorites
Adam Guerbuez ‏@AdamGuerbuez 6h6 hours ago

@SidGrip Lolzzz Let's just say they have NOT blocked the Biggest Exchange Platforms yet among other pending actions....

I don't trust an arbitrary twitter guy more than the next man.  But he appears to be speculating some very bad regulation coming bitcoin's way.  At least that's how I'm reading it.  If true, then people hoarding now thinking they're getting a steal will be kicking themselves.
BitCoinNutJob (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 10:28:36 AM

@AdamGuerbuez Are they going to start shipping people of to the Gulag's for using #bitcoin Lol!?

@SidGrip Lolzzz Let's just say they have NOT blocked the Biggest Exchange Platforms yet among other pending actions....

I don't trust an arbitrary twitter guy more than the next man.  But he appears to be speculating some very bad regulation coming bitcoin's way.  At least that's how I'm reading it.  If true, then people hoarding now thinking they're getting a steal will be kicking themselves.

He is not saying it will be bad news i dont think, look at image - the tweet below.
flipstyle

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 10:29:55 AM

He is not saying it will be bad news i dont think, look at image - the tweet below.

The image/link in your original post doesn't work.  Try tinypic.
noma

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 10:30:52 AM

http://imgur.com/jlAWK04

Adam Guerbuez claims some very big news is coming for Bitcoin this friday.  He has been posting about it on twitter, lots of retweets/favs, its hard to overlook completely.

Maybe, he is looking to pump the price by good news Tongue And then who knows.

▓▓▓▓    New Real-time Cryptocurrency Exchange             → CREATE  ACCOUNT ▓▓▓▓
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅  BIT-X.com  ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
▓▓▓▓    Supported Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP → OFFICIAL THREAD ▓▓▓▓
BitCoinNutJob (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 10:32:56 AM

Im gonna put my prediction out there and say its positive news for ETF.   Bit license news alone wouldnt be enough to get excited about.  
xDan

Activity: 688
Merit: 500

ヽ( ㅇㅅㅇ)ノ ~!!

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 10:39:04 AM

Im gonna put my prediction out there and say its positive news for ETF.   Bit license news alone wouldnt be enough to get excited about.  
If he says this rollercoaster is nothing, that implies negative news to me...?

edit: I see his footnote. Hmm. Nothing is going to reverse this thing overnight.

HODLing for the longest time. Skippin fast right around the moon. On a rocketship straight to mars.
Up, up and away with my beautiful, my beautiful Bitcoin~
flipstyle

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 10:40:38 AM

Let OP be optimistic listening to some 'random guy' on twitter.
BitCoinNutJob (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 10:40:50 AM

thats what i initially thought but then he made the reply tweet to someone with:

Adam Guerbuez ‏@AdamGuerbuez 1h1 hour ago

@BitcoinRat when the news hits though, you will thank me, that is if you are holding onto a nice stash of BTC currently...
Troonetpt

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 10:42:13 AM

What's news and who is this guy?
foxkyu

Activity: 938

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 10:43:37 AM

http://imgur.com/jlAWK04

hope it's true,
price droping radically
btw, who is
Adam Guerbuez  Huh Huh
BitCoinNutJob (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 10:44:48 AM

dont know, apparently the guy knew about bitstamp hack before news was released to public

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2rfnk8/can_someone_explain_to_me_how_this_guy_adam/
BitCoinNutJob (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 10:49:52 AM

The image/link in your original post doesn't work.  Try tinypic.

fixed

Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 10:51:02 AM

dont know, apparently the guy knew about bitstamp hack before news was released to public

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2rfnk8/can_someone_explain_to_me_how_this_guy_adam/

“The 873 Million Dollar Man,” otherwise known as Adam Guerbuez, the Montreal computer whiz and self-confessed internet marketer who was found to have sent millions of unwanted and uninvited solicitations to Facebook users for everything from erectile dysfunction and penis enlargements to marijuana products.

Seems like a legit portfolio LOL
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 10:52:25 AM

Old tweet :

okae
Legendary

Activity: 1401
Merit: 1008

northern exposure

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2015, 10:54:26 AM

i hope that what he sayd is true, btw from my point of view ppl like him should not do things like thta, i mean announce "big news", because of that ppl are so excited Tongue also maybe that news will disappoint the expectations, you know...

Maybe is a new release with a good features of the bitcoin-qt wallet?

IMHO #1.b of suspects, Hal Finney is/was S.N.
flipstyle

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 10:57:09 AM

“The 873 Million Dollar Man,” otherwise known as Adam Guerbuez, the Montreal computer whiz and self-confessed internet marketer who was found to have sent millions of unwanted and uninvited solicitations to Facebook users for everything from erectile dysfunction and penis enlargements to marijuana products.

Seems like a legit portfolio LOL

facepalm.  The sad thing is, his moronic followers probably will eat up every word he says and hoard btc believing that everything he says is true. 
BitCoinNutJob (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 10:58:48 AM

Wondering how he gets so many retweets/favs, first time i heard of him, not many of the big industry names follow him.  Yet he knew about bitstamp ahead of time.  Sticking with ETF positive news prediction, seems like the kinda information someone like him might have gained access to.
flipstyle

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 11:01:25 AM

Wondering how he gets so many retweets/favs, first time i heard of him, not many of the big industry names follow him.  Yet he knew about bitstamp ahead of time.  Sticking with ETF positive news prediction, seems like the kinda information someone like him might have gained access to.

Just speculation, but there are tweet follower services which you can pay and they will add thousands of random followers to your account for a small price.  I mean 6k followers is decent, but its certainly nowhere near celebrity status.  There are a ton of small 'btc pumps' twitter accounts that have more than 2k each, and from the way they tweet, are probably ran by 17 year olds.
BitCoinNutJob (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 11:04:26 AM

Just speculation, but there are tweet follower services which you can pay and they will add thousands of random followers to your account for a small price.  I mean 6k followers is decent, but its certainly nowhere near celebrity status.  There are a ton of small 'btc pumps' twitter accounts that have more than 2k each, and from the way they tweet, are probably ran by 17 year olds.

Yeah i know you can pay for followers, seen that on fiver hehe.  But favs and retweets must be trickier,  maybe check whos Favorited and retweeted to see the validity.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: