Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:58:43 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Re-ANN] iCoin - Democratic Coin Under New Management  (Read 43385 times)
TimSweat

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

TimSweat

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 04:59:40 AM

Hey LordPiccolo , I have my s1 mining a to try and make some btc . If i can donate that (not that it would be alot but better than none as I get it ) would that help ? If so pm me since I will be heading out to my ft job here shortly on how much is need so I can do my best with what I got .

Hey man, In the future, we will probably get a multipool so you can use your S1 to mine iCoin Smiley

I'd be very happy for you to make some donations as we are learning some stuff as we go but there will be some stuff that we want to release sooner Smiley

That would be awesome being able to use it to earn icoin --> my s1 .

Yea just let me know . I'm mine some coin on my s1 to sell for btc so I'll let you know how that goes probably sometime tommorrow if I can get the wallet right , I gotta update it to the newest version but still try to keep my address I was mining with so I dont loose the coin that is sitting there that I can't see cos the wallet won't finish syncing . If I can update it and get those coins  then I can sell those and see if its going to be enough so I can donate from that as btc for the project iCoin.

JP_Labs

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 10:55:27 PM

iCoin is up for voting at C-CEX:

https://c-cex.com/?id=vote

We can't wait for your vote!
sdmathis

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 05:39:08 PM

iCoin is up for voting at C-CEX:

https://c-cex.com/?id=vote

We can't wait for your vote!

Don't forget that you must be logged in AND have a balance in your account for your vote to count.

LordPiccolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 05:49:16 PM

voting give away on twitter https://twitter.com/iCoinWorld/status/569888859716079617

▄███████████████████████   
    █████████████████████████   
    ███████           ███████   
    ███████          ▄███████   
    ███████   ▄▄▄▄███████████   
    ████████████████████████▀   
    ███████████████████▀▀▀       
    █████████████▀▀▀             
    ███████▀▀                   
    █████▀▀                     
    ▀▀▀                         

.phore.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
xD E L I V E R I N G   B L O C K C H A I N   T E C H N O L O G Yxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxT O   T H E   R E A L   W O R L Dxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
..Telegram....
..Facebook...
..Instagram...
..Youtube...
..LinkedIn...
..Twitter......
..Discord...
..Reddit.....
..Github.....
(██████████████████████████████
xphore.ioxx

██████████████████████████████████████
)
sinpey

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 07:21:24 AM

Hi Guys,

I have been abroad for a few weeks.
My previous offers of support and donations are still valid.

How can I help right now?

Thanks
S.

DiabloPool

Activity: 27

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 06:34:02 PM

DiabloPool Announcement:

Due to some very unfortunate circumstances, our data center in Atlanta seems to have gone MIA, and all our efforts to contact them, both via email and by phone, have been unsuccessful. Not only does this interrupt DiabloPool operations, it also prevents us from accessing the mining pool wallets and payout data. We have put in a call to our attorney and have an appointment with him tomorrow morning. I’m also considering taking the two hour drive to Atlanta to talk to them in person.

In the meantime, we are facing the issue of mining pool payouts. From the start, we set aside a fund for each pool that was intended to be used in the event of a major hack. We never anticipated problems of this type, but we intend to use that fund to make payouts to our miners. All miners will be paid.

We need your help and patience however. Since we don’t have access to our current data, the data that we do have from our backups is slightly behind. Since miners were using the pool when it went down, there were some coins mined and shares logged that is not included in out backup data.

If you were mining on the pool when our servers went down (about 11:00 pm EST last night) or did not receive an expected payout, please PM me so that we can get your payout issued as soon as possible. If I don’t answer the PM right away, please be patient. I’ve been up all night working on this issue. I promise that everybody will receive their payouts.

In the meantime, I’ve been wrapping up the details with a Miami, Florida data center to host our new servers. Our new servers will be bigger and better than the Atlanta servers, so I’m excited to get this deal wrapped up and get the pool back online.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to PM me. I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your understanding and patience,
Dan

Edit: The block explorer is on a different server, so it has not been affected.
jogoma12 (OP)

Activity: 249

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 10:31:31 PM

DiabloPool Announcement:

Due to some very unfortunate circumstances, our data center in Atlanta seems to have gone MIA, and all our efforts to contact them, both via email and by phone, have been unsuccessful. Not only does this interrupt DiabloPool operations, it also prevents us from accessing the mining pool wallets and payout data. We have put in a call to our attorney and have an appointment with him tomorrow morning. I’m also considering taking the two hour drive to Atlanta to talk to them in person.

In the meantime, we are facing the issue of mining pool payouts. From the start, we set aside a fund for each pool that was intended to be used in the event of a major hack. We never anticipated problems of this type, but we intend to use that fund to make payouts to our miners. All miners will be paid.

We need your help and patience however. Since we don’t have access to our current data, the data that we do have from our backups is slightly behind. Since miners were using the pool when it went down, there were some coins mined and shares logged that is not included in out backup data.

If you were mining on the pool when our servers went down (about 11:00 pm EST last night) or did not receive an expected payout, please PM me so that we can get your payout issued as soon as possible. If I don’t answer the PM right away, please be patient. I’ve been up all night working on this issue. I promise that everybody will receive their payouts.

In the meantime, I’ve been wrapping up the details with a Miami, Florida data center to host our new servers. Our new servers will be bigger and better than the Atlanta servers, so I’m excited to get this deal wrapped up and get the pool back online.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to PM me. I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your understanding and patience,
Dan

Edit: The block explorer is on a different server, so it has not been affected.

It is unfortunate that the servers are failing. I have a VPS if you need, I also know a place where you can get some affordable servers for your pool. Please PM me for details and thank you for your honesty and all that you have done
DiabloPool

Activity: 27

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2015, 05:05:38 AM

Good news! The data center in Atlanta just contacted me with their most sincere apologies, so everything is back to normal. It's amazing what a simple phone call from an attorney can accomplish.

In the meantime, I'm still working on a deal with the Miami data center. Even though it's more expensive, I think the move will be better for everyone. The pool is currently back online with the old servers, but hopefully we'll be moving to bigger and better servers. Thank you for everyone's understanding and patience.

Dan

PS. Payouts are going out as I write this, so thankfully, we won't have to dig into our emergency fund.
LordPiccolo

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 06:33:54 AM

Hi Guys,

Thanks
S.

Hey Sinpey

Right now Chicago is working on the techy side of things and I'm doing give aways on Twitter to help get votes over at C-Cex. So far I have given away nearly 50k ICN so if you would like to help fund these that would be great.

If not, hold tight young man, as we will always need funds in the future, this is a long term project Smiley

PS. How was your time abroad?

▄███████████████████████   
    ███████████████████▀▀▀       
    █████████████▀▀▀             
    ███████▀▀                   
    █████▀▀                     
    ▀▀▀                         

.phore.

..Telegram....
..Facebook...
..Instagram...
..Youtube...
..LinkedIn...
..Twitter......
..Discord...
..Reddit.....
..Github.....
xphore.ioxx

)
LordPiccolo

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 06:34:24 AM

Good news! The data center in Atlanta just contacted me with their most sincere apologies, so everything is back to normal. It's amazing what a simple phone call from an attorney can accomplish.

In the meantime, I'm still working on a deal with the Miami data center. Even though it's more expensive, I think the move will be better for everyone. The pool is currently back online with the old servers, but hopefully we'll be moving to bigger and better servers. Thank you for everyone's understanding and patience.

Dan

PS. Payouts are going out as I write this, so thankfully, we won't have to dig into our emergency fund.

Great news Diablo, thanks for updating us.

▄███████████████████████   
    ███████████████████▀▀▀       
    █████████████▀▀▀             
    ███████▀▀                   
    █████▀▀                     
    ▀▀▀                         

.phore.

..Telegram....
..Facebook...
..Instagram...
..Youtube...
..LinkedIn...
..Twitter......
..Discord...
..Reddit.....
..Github.....
xphore.ioxx

)
sinpey

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 08:38:28 AM

Hi Guys,

Thanks
S.

Hey Sinpey

Right now Chicago is working on the techy side of things and I'm doing give aways on Twitter to help get votes over at C-Cex. So far I have given away nearly 50k ICN so if you would like to help fund these that would be great.

If not, hold tight young man, as we will always need funds in the future, this is a long term project Smiley

Hi,

sure, I would like to help with these fundings. Could you PM me an address, pls?

My travel was really fine, but I'm glad to being back at home  Wink

Are there any regular project sessions, could I attend?

S.   
jogoma12 (OP)

Activity: 249

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 10:21:02 PM

Hi Guys,

Thanks
S.

Hey Sinpey

LordPiccolo, minerpools donated his bounty from the mining pool towards giveaways. Pls PM me your address. 10K ICN courtesy of Minerpool
pokeytex
Legendary

Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 07:39:15 PM

Hi all - I am new to this thread and coin and very curious about it.  I like how one developer leaves and the community picks up.  Do you have plans for this coin to get on other exchanges as well as development?  I like the ring of "iCoin".  I am not sure but in this day and age it goes with everything else in our lives.  Just my thoughts.  I babble a lot sometimes.  Grin

pokeytex
Legendary

Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 07:41:03 PM

Fyi - the link to yobits brings you to EAGS coin.  It should be updated to:

https://yobit.net/en/trade/ICN/BTC

Thanks,
Pokeytex

LordPiccolo

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 09:53:24 PM

Hi all - I am new to this thread and coin and very curious about it.  I like how one developer leaves and the community picks up.  Do you have plans for this coin to get on other exchanges as well as development?  I like the ring of "iCoin".  I am not sure but in this day and age it goes with everything else in our lives.  Just my thoughts.  I babble a lot sometimes.  Grin

Hey, Welcome to Icoin.

We are working on new things for the coin but are taking our time in doing this as we are learning as we go. please bare with us Smiley

We are currently working on the wallets as they are very dated and are in need of lift, after that a secondary exchange will be added ( we are on the voting list at c-cex )

Once both of these things have happened, we will work towards some other features but as I mentioned previously we won't rush anything through  and have every intention of making this coin last a long time.

There will be ups and downs as with any business but we will continue to work hard and ensure the iCoin brand is kept up to date and in the public eye Smiley

P.S thanks for the not on the yobit shortcut Smiley

▄███████████████████████   
    ███████████████████▀▀▀       
    █████████████▀▀▀             
    ███████▀▀                   
    █████▀▀                     
    ▀▀▀                         

.phore.

..Telegram....
..Facebook...
..Instagram...
..Youtube...
..LinkedIn...
..Twitter......
..Discord...
..Reddit.....
..Github.....
xphore.ioxx

)
birdcat90

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 02:05:42 AM

This coin has great potential but the developers seem not serious about this..

making some project and update will bring attraction to this coin..cmon dev you can do better

<a href="http://www.freebiebitcoin.com">Earn free bitcoin</a>
brownie

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 03:13:34 AM

making some project and update will bring attraction to this coin..cmon dev you can do better

Give them a chance man - no one asked the new team to take it on. It's a completely community operated coin, and with only a small team of new volunteer devs. I think iCoin has an extremely bright future purely due to the fact that it has self propelled itself into its current state from nothing. Three weeks ago my iCoins were worth literally zero, thanks to the original developer. Now, my stash is worth high double figures in £ - all thanks to the new devs. They are making updates and they are serious about it. Patience, faith and a devoted community will bring this coin to real greatness. The journey has just started and i know that iCoin will thrive long into the future. This is a real community coin, and its true potential will be realised in time. That said, its potential was already apparent from day one on the exchange. It's been quite lively in a positive way.

These new devs have done a real lot to pull this coin out of its grave. You ask them to do better - I give them a standing ovation. They deserve praise and support - perhaps you could offer them a helping hand if you feel they are falling short?
LordPiccolo

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 09:22:33 AM

Hey, welcome to iCoin,

Whilst we're on the subject of not doing anything, can you tell me how you're helping this community coin grow?

I'll be going now, I feel the need to sit on my hands and continue to do nothing.

What I would say to you is that we are working as hard as we can on this and learning as we go along. If you want to make a quick profit, this coin isn't for you! If you want a team of hard working people behind a coin, then help by buying some ICN and spreading the word.

Give them a chance man - no one asked the new team to take it on. It's a completely community operated coin, and with only a small team of new volunteer devs. I think iCoin has an extremely bright future purely due to the fact that it has self propelled itself into its current state from nothing. Three weeks ago my iCoins were worth literally zero, thanks to the original developer. Now, my stash is worth high double figures in £ - all thanks to the new devs. They are making updates and they are serious about it. Patience, faith and a devoted community will bring this coin to real greatness. The journey has just started and i know that iCoin will thrive long into the future. This is a real community coin, and its true potential will be realised in time. That said, its potential was already apparent from day one on the exchange. It's been quite lively in a positive way.

These new devs have done a real lot to pull this coin out of its grave. You ask them to do better - I give them a standing ovation. They deserve praise and support - perhaps you could offer them a helping hand if you feel they are falling short?

Thank you for your support Brownie, We are working hard and learning all of the time to ensure this gains traction every day.

▄███████████████████████   
    ███████████████████▀▀▀       
    █████████████▀▀▀             
    ███████▀▀                   
    █████▀▀                     
    ▀▀▀                         

.phore.

..Telegram....
..Facebook...
..Instagram...
..Youtube...
..LinkedIn...
..Twitter......
..Discord...
..Reddit.....
..Github.....
xphore.ioxx

)
Chicago

Activity: 592
Merit: 259

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 01:32:45 PM

Hey Team,

Just wanted to provide some status updates on where I have been focusing my time specifically with regard to iCoin.

The Gitian descriptors have improved significantly in upstream Bitcoin v0.10.0 and as a result of this it is now possible to build Linux (i686, amd64) / Windows (i686, amd64) / OSX 64-bit wallets with great ease.
    Similarly, The Litecoin v0.10-mark12 branch has merged those Gitian descriptors which facilitate "one-touch" building of the Windows / Linux / OSX wallets.

Both Bitcoin and Litecoin in the v0.10 series are now using autotools and the Gitian descriptors do a ./autogen.sh, ./configure and make in their recipe which is different from the simple ' make -f makefile.unix ' we're quite used to here in Litecoin circa v0.6.3 iCoin land.

My goal is to leverage the deterministic build system for us in a simple way such that our releases can be done easily and with confidence.

We will need to have such a system in place so that when we ask of the community to provide us with a new skin for the wallet, new logos and artwork we can create sample wallets for everyone based on the contest entries.

----------

My ask of you, is if you're well versed in Linux containers or the Gitian system -- come join us in #iCoin-dev on Freenode. You can help further our progress and contribute to the project.
    After we've worked through the integration and the challenges have been overcome, we'll support anybody interested in building our wallets to sign them.

----------

Here are two other things which I would like to ask of the community.

1.)  someone with a 3D printer to offer widgets for sale in ICN ( buyer pays actual cost of shipping in USD )
    2.)  go trade at YObit, buy low and sell high - - we want a healthy organic natural volume of ICN trades

----------

If you have any ideas for me or any of the rest of the us working towards the future of iCoin, don't hesitate to send us a message here in the public forum, or a private message -- or to chat with us on Freenode in #iCoin. Let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with -- someone can generally be found 24x7x365 in the channel.

Kind Regards,
-Chicago
JP_Labs

Activity: 33

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 02:10:38 PM
Last edit: March 02, 2015, 10:10:55 AM by JP_Labs

I'm 100% confident in the new development team and I guarantee that they are fully committed to establish iCoin in the market, but seriously and honestly, each step in a rigorous and planned manner, unlike other currencies we well know that by pure greed and dishonesty generated false expectations in the short term miners and traders and now only remaining vultures hovering over that coins.

Anyone who follows the story of the success of coins you will see that it is a process of several months and without much fuss until everything is ready to present officially the coin to the market. I'm totally dedicated to mine only iCoin and I'm glad to see that the hash power is increasing each day (due to community trust).
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: