Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:17:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Re-ANN] iCoin - Democratic Coin Under New Management  (Read 43383 times)
Chicago

Activity: 592
Merit: 259

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 03:44:57 AM

I agree... is there any way to hardfork to a PoS with the same coin release schedule?
Some updated technology to icoin would add real value to the coin. However, finding someone with the expertise and willingness to undertake such a project might prove to be a difficult task.

Hello buttonmc,

PoS isn't happening with iCoin as far as the consensus goes with regard to those who have been discussing the future. You can create a new coin if you want because that is what it would become when you change the fundamentals and social contract more than a year into the emission.

The main plan to recover from CaptainHooks releases at this point is to rebase against the current version of Litecoin and change the difficulty retargeting algorithm which _will_ require a hardfork.
    The other parameters of the emission will remain the same.

Please come and share your thoughts though in #iCoin and #iCoin-dev on Freenode. Mostly its been the same 10 of us talking amongst ourselves for a couple of months.

We are still seeking at least 2 more Jr. developers and a Sr. developer to help advance the project goals.
    We are also looking for an artist to work closely with us on the branding of the wallet and paper wallet.

Kind Regards,

-Chicago

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
QuaiD

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 07:29:17 AM

Great work, keep it up  Grin
theofilos921

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 08:13:13 AM

I agree... is there any way to hardfork to a PoS with the same coin release schedule?
Some updated technology to icoin would add real value to the coin. However, finding someone with the expertise and willingness to undertake such a project might prove to be a difficult task.

Hello buttonmc,

PoS isn't happening with iCoin as far as the consensus goes with regard to those who have been discussing the future. You can create a new coin if you want because that is what it would become when you change the fundamentals and social contract more than a year into the emission.

The main plan to recover from CaptainHooks releases at this point is to rebase against the current version of Litecoin and change the difficulty retargeting algorithm which _will_ require a hardfork.
    The other parameters of the emission will remain the same.

Please come and share your thoughts though in #iCoin and #iCoin-dev on Freenode. Mostly its been the same 10 of us talking amongst ourselves for a couple of months.

We are still seeking at least 2 more Jr. developers and a Sr. developer to help advance the project goals.
    We are also looking for an artist to work closely with us on the branding of the wallet and paper wallet.

Kind Regards,

-Chicago

icoin will get the Low volume warning soon,some one buy all the coins at 100 sat and pump Cheesy

theofilos921
Chicago

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 08:38:35 AM

icoin will get the Low volume warning soon,some one buy all the coins at 100 sat and pump Cheesy

We would like organic trading volume built from a sustained increase in network hashrate.
    There are good deals on ICN as you can see from the current sell orders. If you want to pick some up ICN less expensive than they were earlier this year, its a good opportunity.

Rather than game the exchange, see if you can find someone to pay you in ICN on E-bay.
    The demand for ICN is low, not the supply.

Kind Regards,
-Chicago
jogoma12 (OP)

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 01:36:58 AM

Really going to let this coin die?  Angry
LordPiccolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 05:14:33 AM

That sentence right there is why crypto is messed up!

Why is it dead? Because folks haven't  got rich, because no pump and dump?

We are still looking for a senior developer, this would help get things moving a lot quicker!

So if you know of anyone willing to help then please ask them. We still have 100k icn for a developer.

▄███████████████████████   
    █████████████████████████   
    ███████           ███████   
    ███████          ▄███████   
    ███████   ▄▄▄▄███████████   
    ████████████████████████▀   
    ███████████████████▀▀▀       
    █████████████▀▀▀             
    ███████▀▀                   
    █████▀▀                     
    ▀▀▀                         

.phore.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
xD E L I V E R I N G   B L O C K C H A I N   T E C H N O L O G Yxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxT O   T H E   R E A L   W O R L Dxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
..Telegram....
..Facebook...
..Instagram...
..Youtube...
..LinkedIn...
..Twitter......
..Discord...
..Reddit.....
..Github.....
(██████████████████████████████
xphore.ioxx

██████████████████████████████████████
)
theofilos921

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 09:08:00 AM

We are still looking for a senior developer, this would help get things moving a lot quicker!

So if you know of anyone willing to help then please ask them. We still have 100k icn for a developer.

i think this coin have a great future if apple take a look at it Tongue this is my only hope (joke)

developer need real money i thing not icoin....i remember 1 year ago the big pump of sex coin the bot made a great job
and there were many bit coin's available at high volume

1 st secure the network
2 nd search for serius site's that ppl can buy tech

theofilos921
Chicago

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 09:14:49 AM

Miners -- few
Traders -- few
Bag Holders -- many

I started mining on the chain this morning when the difficulty was low at 0.45 but finally someone joined me and we're back up at a difficulty of 4.8.
LordPiccolo

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 09:14:52 AM

i think this coin have a great future if apple take a look at it Tongue this is my only hope (joke)

developer need real money i thing not icoin....i remember 1 year ago the big pump of sex coin the bot made a great job

1 st secure the network

I have been in contact with a few merchants that except other coins but no one has responded yet.

Things aren't moving very quickly, but then,  I don't think there is any rush. This is a long game Smiley

▄███████████████████████   
    ███████████████████▀▀▀       
    █████████████▀▀▀             
    ███████▀▀                   
    █████▀▀                     
    ▀▀▀                         

.phore.

..Telegram....
..Facebook...
..Instagram...
..Youtube...
..LinkedIn...
..Twitter......
..Discord...
..Reddit.....
..Github.....
xphore.ioxx

)
Chicago

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 09:20:57 AM

One thing I did this week for work was offer an incentive to a couple of team members for a plugin I wanted to have coded for an IRC bot we use.
The incentive included 50,000 iCoin as a reward.

At the very least, spreading some around makes others interested in the success of iCoin.
theofilos921

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 10:53:17 AM

1 st secure the network

I have been in contact with a few merchants that except other coins but no one has responded yet.

Things aren't moving very quickly, but then,  I don't think there is any rush. This is a long game Smiley

i think to get delisted 2 times from the same ex (c-cex)is rare...so the clock is tiking,i think donation will atrack a nice dev

theofilos921
LordPiccolo

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 07:38:52 AM

Morning guys,

The block explorer has been funded for 6 months. Sadly I had no donations from the community so this was funded by myself.

if you would like to stop by and chat in IRC #icoin there are usually a few of us in there.

Have a good day

LP

▄███████████████████████   
    ███████████████████▀▀▀       
    █████████████▀▀▀             
    ███████▀▀                   
    █████▀▀                     
    ▀▀▀                         

.phore.

..Telegram....
..Facebook...
..Instagram...
..Youtube...
..LinkedIn...
..Twitter......
..Discord...
..Reddit.....
..Github.....
xphore.ioxx

)
theofilos921

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 08:14:10 AM

Morning guys,

The block explorer has been funded for 6 months. Sadly I had no donations from the community so this was funded by myself.

if you would like to stop by and chat in IRC #icoin there are usually a few of us in there.

Have a good day

LP

i remember my self before 1 year trying this hard....great job lord Cheesy
the major ''bag holder'' is CH?ppl afraid this 4m amount to take the risk bying icoin
when icoin startet the price was 4500 sat  and day after day ppl wondering where this HUGE premine will be spend

theofilos921
LordPiccolo

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 08:58:23 AM

Morning guys,

Have a good day

LP

the major ''bag holder'' is CH?ppl afraid this 4m amount to take the risk bying icoin
when icoin startet the price was 4500 sat  and day after day ppl wondering where this HUGE premine will be spend

That was part of the reason I wanted to find a good explorer with a rich list. I believe the top address isn't CH but a good member of the community. This person mined the chain when no one else wanted to and I can't imagine he will dump this lot.

So the coin is cheap and the supply is very slowly released.

Chicago is looking into some options for us at the moment and I am doing some research to support his chain of thought too.

▄███████████████████████   
    ███████████████████▀▀▀       
    █████████████▀▀▀             
    ███████▀▀                   
    █████▀▀                     
    ▀▀▀                         

.phore.

..Telegram....
..Facebook...
..Instagram...
..Youtube...
..LinkedIn...
..Twitter......
..Discord...
..Reddit.....
..Github.....
xphore.ioxx

)
sinpey

Activity: 110

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 09:49:08 PM

Morning guys,

Have a good day

LP

That was part of the reason I wanted to find a good explorer with a rich list. I believe the top address isn't CH but a good member of the community. This person mined the chain when no one else wanted to and I can't imagine he will dump this lot.

So the coin is cheap and the supply is very slowly released.

Chicago is looking into some options for us at the moment and I am doing some research to support his chain of thought too.

Hi Guys,

LP is right, the richest address is mine - I have posted this info (see the history). I had problems with my wallet, it seemed that the majority was lost. But now i can anounce, that all the iCoins are back - my wallet is fully synchronized and ready for donating  Wink Cheesy

I have sent 100K ICN to LP and now I'm ready to donate another 1mio ICN for developers - this coin needs to be pushed

I still hope that iCoin can be really famous.

Best Regards from Europe
S.
Chicago

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 03:56:05 PM

Hi Guys,

LP is right, the richest address is mine - I have posted this info (see the history). I had problems with my wallet, it seemed that the majority was lost. But now i can anounce, that all the iCoins are back - my wallet is fully synchronized and ready for donating  Wink Cheesy

I have sent 100K ICN to LP and now I'm ready to donate another 1mio ICN for developers - this coin needs to be pushed

Best Regards from Europe
S.

Hi Sinpey,

That's fantastic news. If it weren't for your efforts the chain would have died in September.
    I'm so happy you have reclaimed your stash. Now don't go giving it all away to Lord Piccolo.

Send a little to me if the advice I gave earlier helped you recover your wallet. Smiley

Seriously though, I know you must have been depressed about it but now all of the coins have appeared its great for you.
    Maybe to help ease the market you could separate it into smaller bite size chunks for example sending deposits between 150K ICN - 200K ICN into cold storage.

Kind Regards,

Chicago
LordPiccolo

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 07:03:16 PM

Hi Guys,

Best Regards from Europe
S.

Hi Sinpey,

That's fantastic news. If it weren't for your efforts the chain would have died in September.
    I'm so happy you have reclaimed your stash. Now don't go giving it all away to Lord Piccolo.

Send a little to me if the advice I gave earlier helped you recover your wallet. Smiley

Seriously though, I know you must have been depressed about it but now all of the coins have appeared its great for you.
    Maybe to help ease the market you could separate it into smaller bite size chunks for example sending deposits between 150K ICN - 200K ICN into cold storage.

Kind Regards,

Chicago

Just on this, we still have 105k ICN in the post for give aways, I'll top this up to 150k ICN in a few days

▄███████████████████████   
    ███████████████████▀▀▀       
    █████████████▀▀▀             
    ███████▀▀                   
    █████▀▀                     
    ▀▀▀                         

.phore.

..Telegram....
..Facebook...
..Instagram...
..Youtube...
..LinkedIn...
..Twitter......
..Discord...
..Reddit.....
..Github.....
xphore.ioxx

)
sinpey

Activity: 110

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 10:06:22 AM

Hi,

@Chicago: I have solved the problem by recovering the older backup of the system that was able to resync. But no problem, send me your address and I can donate  Wink

I have done as I promissed - 1mio ICN sent to LP's address as a support. There must be some skilled developer, who would be willing to support iCoin, I'm also looking for new markets.   

BR,
S.
LordPiccolo

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 08:52:09 AM

Hi,

@Chicago: I have solved the problem by recovering the older backup of the system that was able to resync. But no problem, send me your address and I can donate  Wink

I have done as I promissed - 1mio ICN sent to LP's address as a support. There must be some skilled developer, who would be willing to support iCoin, I'm also looking for new markets.   

BR,
S.

All received, thanks Sinpey!

We now have 1,105,000 ICN for donation. A friend of mine will also donate 250,000 later today to take the total to 1,355,000.

This is a decent total of all coins in circa.

▄███████████████████████   
    ███████████████████▀▀▀       
    █████████████▀▀▀             
    ███████▀▀                   
    █████▀▀                     
    ▀▀▀                         

.phore.

..Telegram....
..Facebook...
..Instagram...
..Youtube...
..LinkedIn...
..Twitter......
..Discord...
..Reddit.....
..Github.....
xphore.ioxx

)
theofilos921

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 12:41:43 PM

is there something new?

theofilos921
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: