Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 09:07:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Scam Warning: WoodCollector  (Read 29053 times)
qwk
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 3411

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 02:49:38 PM

You won't hear from him publicly again on this forum. He'll try to grab some cash via PM on his way out the door and he'll be gone. Probably come back in a few months, or a year or two, with a new name and scam everyone all over again.
He's most probably still with us.
I suspect a few sock puppets amongst his "customers", you probably know who...

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own blockchain. With blackjack and hookers! In fact forget the blockchain.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
qwk
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 3411

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 02:51:06 PM

Really - most of his customers including myself pay in advance, he offerred to send me a video of him etching my design without asking for any money - i didnt ask him to offer this to me, he just did
Could you share the TX id of your payment to WoodCollector?

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own blockchain. With blackjack and hookers! In fact forget the blockchain.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 03:03:08 PM

Wow I only just saw WoodCollector's work today and somehow found this thread that has totally blown up.

At least he delivers the goods and in my opinion they look amazing.

No doubt he is using a laser for some of the finish. That is obvious.

All his clients seem happy(?) and he just needs to start mentioning that he uses a laser engraver for some of the finishing work.

Case closed.

EDIT: I also think the title of this thread is misleading. He delivers the work and his clients seem happy. Calling him a scammer is going too far in my opinion.

I agree.  I think if someone paid a high dollar figure
and feels cheated, they should be made whole.... but beyond that,
there's no need to berate the issue.

Let's show a little forgiveness... we all make mistakes.

I'm not condoning the false advertising,
but the point has been made.  I'm sure he feels bad enough...
(And still think he should admit the mistake and apologize)
But let the guy get on with his life.

nubbins (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 03:06:54 PM

All scammers must hang.

No longer buying/selling Casascius coins. Beware scammers.
My OTC Web of Trust ratings / What's a PGP chain of custody?
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 03:12:04 PM

Really .... no , he should prove his "honesty" why someone should pay him ?  WoodCollector  take a piece of wood ( bad wood) and make something....

You won't hear from him publicly again on this forum. He'll try to grab some cash via PM on his way out the door and he'll be gone. Probably come back in a few months, or a year or two, with a new name and scam everyone all over again.

I don't know , I  hope he can make this video.... but I'm not sure he can do it.
nubbins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 03:14:26 PM

Really .... no , he should prove his "honesty" why someone should pay him ?  WoodCollector  take a piece of wood ( bad wood) and make something....

I don't know , I  hope he can make this video.... but I'm not sure he can do it.

It's going to take a while to watch all those "make a laser etching look like hand-carved wood" videos on youtube  Grin

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 03:14:59 PM

All scammers must hang.

I think he did hang himself with all the lies.

I do agree with you that he probably won't be back.

Although its never too late to change direction,
there's a lot of egg on his face right now...would
have been better to just admit the laser engraving
from the first post here, but looks like he dug himself
a hole.

Whole thing is tragic... he made some nice stuff.

Paul Revere

Activity: 406
Merit: 260

The Scamcoats are coming!

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 03:16:34 PM

A video of him trying to fake carving some of that obviously laser engraved insanely intricate and precise stuff with a giant honkin' wood turning tool would be priceless.

All of my posts are simply statements of my own personal opinions based on available information and pondering what might be possible considering human nature, with the goal of finding truth and preventing fraud. Please look at all of the facts and theories and put your thinking cap on to draw your own conclusions. If you feel that I have made a false statement or have been unnecessarily derogatory, I encourage you to please point it out, and if proven correct and/or reasonable I will remedy it. ~ Paul Revere
nubbins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 03:17:15 PM

Whole thing is tragic... he made some nice stuff.

He was indeed able to transfer stolen vector images to pieces of wood using a laser. On that, we can all agree.

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 03:28:00 PM

it would have been interesting if the original
post was still here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=915488.0

was pretty funny.

nubbins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 03:33:07 PM

was pretty funny.

MY SIDES.

Updated OP.

ukcrypto

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 03:34:36 PM

Anyone know what was in those redacted posts? A bit weird he publicly posted it rather than PMd (though I'm sure he tried that as well but panicked).

Really .... no , he should prove his "honesty" why someone should pay him ?  WoodCollector  take a piece of wood ( bad wood) and make something....

I think he's done here now. There's no way he could re-brand himself. People would see through it straight away. The only way he could continue or restart would be to offer his products truthfully as laser-engraved but I doubt the community will let him do that easily without a bit of hassle.

Let me be clear, I am not a sock puppet account. I genuinely am a customer of WC. I bid of Mazuma and lost due to some issues surrounding the ending time. WC PM'd both Ironman and myself apologised for the lack of understanding with the auction end time and offered to make me any piece using a selection of woods and any size coin i wanted and he would give me a 2.5BTC valued coin for 1.5BTC (which is less the price of the winning bid).

I chose to have a coin designed based on the ideas of Anthonopoulos, re: ant colonies   and he delivered a sketch to me and asked my thoughts on his design. I liked it and as such paid for the coin to be completed. He finished the design about 3 weeks late and even added some gold inlay on the rear of the coin as a surprise and at no extra cost, i was not expecting this.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=900692

I liked the finished design and he sent it to me and I received it around a few weeks later.

January 2, 2015 , 7:26 am
Departed
London, UNITED KINGDOM
Your item departed a transfer airport in Heathrow, London, UNITED KINGDOM on January 2, 2015 at 7:26 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
January 1, 2015 , 6:26 pm
Departed
New York, UNITED STATES
December 31, 2014 , 11:09 am
Arrived
New York, UNITED STATES
December 31, 2014 , 10:48 am
Processed Through Sort Facility
ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)
December 31, 2014 , 8:14 am
Arrived at Sort Facility
ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)
December 28, 2014
Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS

I decided to place another order and have been updated along the way and consulted by WC at various stages. He asked my thoughts on different detail and he sends me photos at different stages. As a seller of beautiful artwork I have been nothing but impressed. The finished Unity piece is immaculate and the finish on the word just perfect. I am a very happy customer and love the work he has made me.

I don't care if the graphics are from shutter stock, I paid for a unique wooden coin that i could hang on the wall, and a piece that no one else in the world will own, a piece designed and chosen by me to remind me of a new found passion of mine, Bitcoin  Its the reason I have lurked these forums for the last 15 months. In my time here and on reddit i have seen scam companies come and go, companies and people that do not start off as scams but often turn into them come and go and it will be the downfall of Bitcoin.

This thread has wound me up, let me ask you - what customers of WC have complained about their purchases? What customers have said they have been scammed or feel scammed considering the majority are aware of these wild and unproved accustations and threads- with a screaming title of SCAMMER...You have dealt with this in the wrong way No customer has complained about their purchase - please correct me if i am wrong here.

I have seen photos of my second order and again its just what i wanted and again its a unique coin that i own that will be passed to a family member as a gift, to introduce him into Bitcoin as he is a lover of art, and that is exactly what i have - 2 pieces of bitcoin art that were in my mind bloody good value.

People saying he paid $1000 to Terrahasher as Terrahasher found WC a scam - not true, TH posted some 'surprise news' that woodcutter did want coming out yet as coin number 10 is a coin with a 500BTC price tag. WC for some reason wants to keep the surprise under wraps until he sells number 9. I believe him and the posts clearly reflect that.

Honestly, I am pretty sure you guys are in for a surprise but whatever the outcome is of this thread is I will be a buyer of his well priced pieces of Bitcoin related art.

And again to clarify, I am not a sock- in all honesty i couldn't give a shit if they were hand carved or printed using a 3d printer - i wanted and received some beautiful Bitcoin wooden art. Whatever the case, lessons will be learnt on both sides here.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 03:40:16 PM

was pretty funny.

MY SIDES.

Updated OP.

you missed the part where he said he "knows people that will rain down hell on you"
if you cross him.

psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 03:45:01 PM

Anyone know what was in those redacted posts? A bit weird he publicly posted it rather than PMd (though I'm sure he tried that as well but panicked).

Really .... no , he should prove his "honesty" why someone should pay him ?  WoodCollector  take a piece of wood ( bad wood) and make something....

I think he's done here now. There's no way he could re-brand himself. People would see through it straight away. The only way he could continue or restart would be to offer his products truthfully as laser-engraved but I doubt the community will let him do that easily without a bit of hassle.

Let me be clear, I am not a sock puppet account. I genuinely am a customer of WC. I bid of Mazuma and lost due to some issues surrounding the ending time. WC PM'd both Ironman and myself apologised for the lack of understanding with the auction end time and offered to make me any piece using a selection of woods and any size coin i wanted and he would give me a 2.5BTC valued coin for 1.5BTC (which is less the price of the winning bid).

I chose to have a coin designed based on the ideas of Anthonopoulos, re: ant colonies   and he delivered a sketch to me and asked my thoughts on his design. I liked it and as such paid for the coin to be completed. He finished the design about 3 weeks late and even added some gold inlay on the rear of the coin as a surprise and at no extra cost, i was not expecting this.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=900692

I liked the finished design and he sent it to me and I received it around a few weeks later.

January 2, 2015 , 7:26 am
Departed
London, UNITED KINGDOM
Your item departed a transfer airport in Heathrow, London, UNITED KINGDOM on January 2, 2015 at 7:26 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
January 1, 2015 , 6:26 pm
Departed
New York, UNITED STATES
December 31, 2014 , 11:09 am
Arrived
New York, UNITED STATES
December 31, 2014 , 10:48 am
Processed Through Sort Facility
ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)
December 31, 2014 , 8:14 am
Arrived at Sort Facility
ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)
December 28, 2014
Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS

I decided to place another order and have been updated along the way and consulted by WC at various stages. He asked my thoughts on different detail and he sends me photos at different stages. As a seller of beautiful artwork I have been nothing but impressed. The finished Unity piece is immaculate and the finish on the word just perfect. I am a very happy customer and love the work he has made me.

I don't care if the graphics are from shutter stock, I paid for a unique wooden coin that i could hang on the wall, and a piece that no one else in the world will own, a piece designed and chosen by me to remind me of a new found passion of mine, Bitcoin  Its the reason I have lurked these forums for the last 15 months. In my time here and on reddit i have seen scam companies come and go, companies and people that do not start off as scams but often turn into them come and go and it will be the downfall of Bitcoin.

This thread has wound me up, let me ask you - what customers of WC have complained about their purchases? What customers have said they have been scammed or feel scammed considering the majority are aware of these wild and unproved accustations and threads- with a screaming title of SCAMMER...You have dealt with this in the wrong way No customer has complained about their purchase - please correct me if i am wrong here.

I have seen photos of my second order and again its just what i wanted and again its a unique coin that i own that will be passed to a family member as a gift, to introduce him into Bitcoin as he is a lover of art, and that is exactly what i have - 2 pieces of bitcoin art that were in my mind bloody good value.

People saying he paid $1000 to Terrahasher as Terrahasher found WC a scam - not true, TH posted some 'surprise news' that woodcutter did want coming out yet as coin number 10 is a coin with a 500BTC price tag. WC for some reason wants to keep the surprise under wraps until he sells number 9. I believe him and the posts clearly reflect that.

Honestly, I am pretty sure you guys are in for a surprise but whatever the outcome is of this thread is I will be a buyer of his well priced pieces of Bitcoin related art.

And again to clarify, I am not a sock- in all honesty i couldn't give a shit if they were hand carved or printed using a 3d printer - i wanted and received some beautiful Bitcoin wooden art. Whatever the case, lessons will be learnt on both sides here.

This is what I don't understand. As far as I can tell none of his clients feel like they have been ripped off. If someone wants a partial refund of course they should be able to get it. Surely there are actual scams where people do not ship any goods / run off with hundreds or thousands of BTC that deserve more attention than this?

The people calling scam have never even received any of his work.

Still I can't participate in this thread anymore as the witch hunt is on and it never ends well.

Good luck everyone.
nubbins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 03:45:42 PM

He finished the design about 3 weeks late

Only three weeks late? Not bad.

no extra cost

So he added $5 of gold leaf to your $20 piece of wood for NO EXTRA COST? You got all that for the low, low price of 1.5 BTC?

I don't care if the graphics are from shutter stock, I paid for a unique wooden coin

Does not compute. I don't care if I received a hamburger, I paid for a steak.

Whatever the case, lessons will be learnt on both sides here.

Almost definitely not.

nubbins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 03:48:19 PM

This is what I don't understand. As far as I can tell none of his clients feel like they have been ripped off.

That's because they're a bunch of fucking rubes. If they don't feel ripped off, they should let someone else handle their personal finances from now on.

ukcrypto

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 03:55:44 PM

He finished the design about 3 weeks late

Only three weeks late? Not bad.

no extra cost

So he added $5 of gold leaf to your $20 piece of wood for NO EXTRA COST? You got all that for the low, low price of 1.5 BTC?

I don't care if the graphics are from shutter stock, I paid for a unique wooden coin

Does not compute. I don't care if I received a hamburger, I paid for a steak.

Whatever the case, lessons will be learnt on both sides here.

Almost definitely not.
Your negative trust of me looks ridiculous and your recent words reflect poorly on you

Your negative trust of me looks ridiculous and your recent words reflect poorly on you

Yes lessons will be learnt, for every action has a reaction. You are probably young so have yet to find that out...Dont PM me, if you have something to say then do it on this thead. Stop being an idiot - i do not sell here, I buy. I don't care about my reputation here, i spend my Bitcoins that is all, I am not here to sell pretty printed pictures to make money like you do. You want to just call people out as scammers is bullshit. Potential misleading (never scammed anyone and always delivered seller) and you want to label him in that group of fuckers who steal peoples bitcoins is wrong. So fuck you as you keep telling me -  Let's just hope not too many other people leave you negative feedback over the coming months just incase you are scamming. Lets remember you haven't posted video proof of you doing the silk screening. Whats to say your business model is not a scam? Have you proven yourself here? I want to see video, photos, youtube advert etc?

fishb0ne

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 03:59:11 PM

Is there a good reason to believe otherwise about his good business practices?
nubbins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 04:04:12 PM

Yes lessons will be learnt, for every action has a reaction. You are probably young so have yet to find that out...Dont PM me, if you have something to say then do it on this thead. Stop being an idiot - i do not sell here, I buy. I don't care about my reputation here, i spend my Bitcoins that is all, I am not here to sell pretty printed pictures to make money like you do. You want to just call people out as scammers is bullshit. Potential misleading (never scammed anyone and always delivered seller) and you want to label him in that group of fuckers who steal peoples bitcoins is wrong. So fuck you as you keep telling me -  Let's just hope not too many other people leave you negative feedback over the coming months just incase you are scamming. Lets remember you haven't posted video proof of you doing the silk screening. Whats to say your business model is not a scam? Have you proven yourself here? I want to see video, photos, youtube advert etc?

My age, full legal name, occupation, home address, business website, personal and business facebook accounts, business associates, etc are all on public record in this forum. I have nothing to hide and no reason for baseless personal vendettas.

I strongly urge you to spend as much of your free time as possible to uncover evidence of wrongdoing on my behalf, and will occasionally chuckle to myself in the coming weeks as I imagine you fruitlessly searching for dirt on me.

Gibberish quoted above so I can easily link back to it, should ukcrypto choose to continue harassing me in the future.

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 04:05:33 PM

This is what I don't understand. As far as I can tell none of his clients feel like they have been ripped off. If someone wants a partial refund of course they should be able to get it. Surely there are actual scams where people do not ship any goods / run off with hundreds or thousands of BTC that deserve more attention than this?

The people calling scam have never even received any of his work.

Still I can't participate in this thread anymore as the witch hunt is on and it never ends well.

Good luck everyone.

Well, I sort of agree...but:

1)  He said it was hand-carved art when in fact it was done with a laser.
2) After being called out on the fact he was using a laser, fervently denied it and attacked those who said so
3) Even after being proven wrong by experts showing physical evidence (burn marks, line marks), as well as
all common sense, STILL denies the obvious truth instead of manning up to his poor judgement and deception.

Whether or not that makes him a "scammer" is left for each person to decide.  It is what it is.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: