Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 04:29:19 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WoodCollector the saga continues?....  (Read 7267 times)
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 04:25:13 AM

I wouldn't hold your breath  Roll Eyes

smoothie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 04:34:03 AM

I wouldn't hold your breath  Roll Eyes

Would be awesome to get a video of that cardboard BTC that other guy made just the other day... Cheesy

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 04:40:12 AM

Another funny thing below...

LINK:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=931109.msg10220246#msg10220246

Quote from: WoodCollector on January 20, 2015, 06:57:43 PM
In light of recent events, Found here, and well, anywhere i have a thread i guess. Forum member Nubbins, very unprofessionally, and very immaturely has starting issuing warnings, and making scam accusations that i am not able to carve wood and that my art is "laser engraved"

Now, as if my own clients coming to my aid to put him in his place, to straighten things out, and to get the facts in play. He still insists that he has some basis for his childish antics and it appears is going to continue to whip a dead horse until the crows have picked its bones clean.

Normally, i feel i am above stooping to the level of the infantile forum trolls, Its what forced me to leave most of the woodworking forums. Until Nubbins came along, i though that Bitcoin was a community above that plague. Now i can see i am wrong, history would lead me to tell him to screw off, i would finish out the orders i already had, buy my last bits of wood i need to get through the year, and go back to business as usual. Making art for the bitcoin community was a passion and hobby of mine, not something i was doing to get rich from as any of my clients can tell you. I dont really need it, i just enjoyed it.

This time its different, i firmly believe that this community is better than what Nubbins and his band of misfits portrays this community as being and have decided to take action. Now, i could take a day, carve something crappy just to get it done and over with, and move on, it would be more than enough to prove i am who i say i am and do what i claim to do. But NOT THIS TIME. I am going to nail Nubbins to the wall, i am going to take a stand and do my part to rid this community of the plague that infects it like AIDS.

First, below you will start to find links to my videos over the next few days. I am going to start with a piece i am going to call "F#$k Nubbins". Yep, i'm going to for the first time in my life, sink to that level. Why? To deal with a child, you must play on their childish level. When the piece is done, i am going to auction it off to the highest bidder. It will be the first piece i do for the forum that is PUBLICLY documented in video form, and will have one hell of a story behind it. I am not going to do some rush job garbage just to pacify the herd, i am going to display in great documentation what the true mastery of my craft looks like. Over the coming days/weeks i will continue to ad more videos
 as i get the time to carve some more in between the works i currently have to get done for forum clients.

Like what your watching? Leave Nubbins some negative feedback for being unprofessional and being such a plague to this forum when he could have simply messaged me with his concerns and had them answered before he started his smear campaign. Its time we make an example out of someone as a community and show that we do not tolerate this kind of behavior.

----------- Start video links ----------------

I will have the first video posted in the next day or so hopefully, Get the popcorn and a notepad, you could learn a thing or two, for free !!

-------------End video links ---------------------

It has been over 4 days since he made the post above...and not a single link yet.

Roll Eyes

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

ukcrypto

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 06:42:19 AM

Another funny thing below...

LINK:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=931109.msg10220246#msg10220246

Quote from: WoodCollector on January 20, 2015, 06:57:43 PM
In light of recent events, Found here, and well, anywhere i have a thread i guess. Forum member Nubbins, very unprofessionally, and very immaturely has starting issuing warnings, and making scam accusations that i am not able to carve wood and that my art is "laser engraved"

Now, as if my own clients coming to my aid to put him in his place, to straighten things out, and to get the facts in play. He still insists that he has some basis for his childish antics and it appears is going to continue to whip a dead horse until the crows have picked its bones clean.

Normally, i feel i am above stooping to the level of the infantile forum trolls, Its what forced me to leave most of the woodworking forums. Until Nubbins came along, i though that Bitcoin was a community above that plague. Now i can see i am wrong, history would lead me to tell him to screw off, i would finish out the orders i already had, buy my last bits of wood i need to get through the year, and go back to business as usual. Making art for the bitcoin community was a passion and hobby of mine, not something i was doing to get rich from as any of my clients can tell you. I dont really need it, i just enjoyed it.

This time its different, i firmly believe that this community is better than what Nubbins and his band of misfits portrays this community as being and have decided to take action. Now, i could take a day, carve something crappy just to get it done and over with, and move on, it would be more than enough to prove i am who i say i am and do what i claim to do. But NOT THIS TIME. I am going to nail Nubbins to the wall, i am going to take a stand and do my part to rid this community of the plague that infects it like AIDS.

First, below you will start to find links to my videos over the next few days. I am going to start with a piece i am going to call "F#$k Nubbins". Yep, i'm going to for the first time in my life, sink to that level. Why? To deal with a child, you must play on their childish level. When the piece is done, i am going to auction it off to the highest bidder. It will be the first piece i do for the forum that is PUBLICLY documented in video form, and will have one hell of a story behind it. I am not going to do some rush job garbage just to pacify the herd, i am going to display in great documentation what the true mastery of my craft looks like. Over the coming days/weeks i will continue to ad more videos
 as i get the time to carve some more in between the works i currently have to get done for forum clients.

Like what your watching? Leave Nubbins some negative feedback for being unprofessional and being such a plague to this forum when he could have simply messaged me with his concerns and had them answered before he started his smear campaign. Its time we make an example out of someone as a community and show that we do not tolerate this kind of behavior.

----------- Start video links ----------------

I will have the first video posted in the next day or so hopefully, Get the popcorn and a notepad, you could learn a thing or two, for free !!

-------------End video links ---------------------

It has been over 4 days since he made the post above...and not a single link yet.

Roll Eyes

What is this I see Smoothie and not a laser in sight?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=935115.0;topicseen
SodaWarz

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 07:08:44 AM

BURN

Thanks for the link UK. WC has quite a few apologies owed to him.   Grin  Grin  Grin
nubbins
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 07:19:40 AM

I admit, I lel'd heartily. The video is indeed incontrovertible proof of WC's skill.

No longer buying/selling Casascius coins. Beware scammers.
My OTC Web of Trust ratings / What's a PGP chain of custody?
bitspill
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 07:40:56 AM

I admit, I lel'd heartily. The video is indeed incontrovertible proof of WC's skill.
I'm curious as to what in the video was not satisfactory for you

{ BitSpill }
nubbins
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 07:46:34 AM

I'm curious as to what in the video was not satisfactory for you

I'm curious as to why you're curious. The design was already etched into the wood -- with a laser -- when the video starts.

Then WC takes a dremel tool and fucks around for a bit.

Are you serious? Actually speechless if so.

smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 08:15:15 AM

True no laser in sight....lol how did he get that "stencil" on to the wood before the video started recording?  Roll Eyes

@WoodCollector,

I had hoped to see much more tiny detail that resembles your previously touted work that you sold to previous customers.

The level of detail on this does not even compare to any and all of the wood "coins" you've done.

Would have liked to have seen you hand carve in the small details that were the talk revolving around using a laser.

Are you going to do a much more fine detailed piece? Why do such a huge product when you could do a small (1/4th or 1/8th the size of the "finger") version that has intricate detail and shut us all up?

This isn't about you attacking or getting retribution on nubbins. Your focus is off and should be on proving all of your detractors wrong.

Let's assume WoodCollector that your skills are as you say, it does not remove the fact that I have found several places where you posted on this forum where you strongly imply that you create original/custom designs for your customers based on their input. But that has been proven to be a lie as you yourself say that you use clip art and pre done designs downloaded/copied off of the internet.

LazerViking sent you a $200 deposit on this premise that you set over the past several months on this forum.

This makes you a thief/liar in that respect. Why not just refund him his money if you supposedly make so much more money on your other client's products?

Seems contradicting to keep $200 and have people know you as a thief.

Looking forward to hopefully seeing a more intricate detailed piece that is hand carved via a video.

Let's be real you could have responded to your detractors in a much more professional manner and left the cussing and childish behavior aside. But you didn't and that does reflect badly on your image. Of course you supposedly do not care about your reputation or forum rep/trust...yet it is one of the main reasons you targeted nubbins in the first place (him leaving neg trust).

How did he start with those lines? And why are they brown? Looks burnt... Like a laser cutter...

How, indeed, did he start with those lines?

Why, indeed, are they brown?

What, pray tell, is everyone smoking?

Yup why werent we shown how the "stencil" was put on the wood?

hmmm...  Roll Eyes

Oh yes BURN....burn that wood with a laser first before the video starts recording so your outline is already there.  Grin

BURN

Thanks for the link UK. WC has quite a few apologies owed to him.   Grin  Grin  Grin

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

bitspill
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 08:29:48 AM

The design was already etched into the wood -- with a laser -- when the video starts.

Who cares how the initial template was applied, and is it engraved or burned on? Is the piece not still hand carved if he applies a stencil then carves around it?

That's the carving part...

Yea Cheesy

{ BitSpill }
nubbins
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 08:31:18 AM

The design was already etched into the wood -- with a laser -- when the video starts.

Who cares how the initial template was applied, and is it engraved or burned on? Is the piece not still hand carved if he applies a stencil then carves around it?

That's the carving part...

Yea Cheesy

He did not fucking dremel the backgrounds out of those pieces and you know it.

Who cares if he used a laser to apply the stencil? That is not the matter under question

But... that's precisely the matter under question.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=932131.0

3: All this crap that i own a laser machine

100% false. As i have stated before i dont need to spend $80,000 to transfer a design to wood. A sheet of carbon transfer paper costs me about $0.05. Once the final design is approved it takes about 5 minutes for me to turn the scanned design into a line drawing, then it is nothing more than printing it out and tracing it with carbon paper onto the wood. Then all thats left is to remove the wood around the lines. If that makes me a fraud then about every artist in the world is a fraud even before the days of technology and carbon paper artists use to use pot ash to transfer their sketches to canvas before starting work on the final piece.

Long and the short of it, if you were working with pine or super soft wood, most any of you could be taught to do the same thing in less than a day. the skill comes in when working with hardwoods, hardwood grain tears easy, it will splinter in a heartbeat if you are not careful, and its a quick way to cut off a finger if you dont know what your doing. When you know what your doing, how hard to you think it really is to cut within the lines? i think they teach you that in grade school yeah?

To lay out a little common sense for you, IF I OWNED A LASER I COULD SHIT OUT 10 COINS IN AN AFTERNOON, collect $50,000 and still have time to go to Disneyland. Yet it takes sometimes an entire month to clear out the wood around the design. But the mob mentality does not use common sense or simple logic.

I didnt use a laser as accused

bitspill
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 08:48:22 AM

He did not fucking dremel the backgrounds out of those pieces and you know it.
How do I know?

Who cares if he used a laser to apply the stencil? That is not the matter under question

But... that's precisely the matter under question.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=932131.0

3: All this crap that i own a laser machine

100% false. As i have stated before i dont need to spend $80,000 to transfer a design to wood. A sheet of carbon transfer paper costs me about $0.05. Once the final design is approved it takes about 5 minutes for me to turn the scanned design into a line drawing, then it is nothing more than printing it out and tracing it with carbon paper onto the wood. Then all thats left is to remove the wood around the lines. If that makes me a fraud then about every artist in the world is a fraud even before the days of technology and carbon paper artists use to use pot ash to transfer their sketches to canvas before starting work on the final piece.

Long and the short of it, if you were working with pine or super soft wood, most any of you could be taught to do the same thing in less than a day. the skill comes in when working with hardwoods, hardwood grain tears easy, it will splinter in a heartbeat if you are not careful, and its a quick way to cut off a finger if you dont know what your doing. When you know what your doing, how hard to you think it really is to cut within the lines? i think they teach you that in grade school yeah?

To lay out a little common sense for you, IF I OWNED A LASER I COULD SHIT OUT 10 COINS IN AN AFTERNOON, collect $50,000 and still have time to go to Disneyland. Yet it takes sometimes an entire month to clear out the wood around the design. But the mob mentality does not use common sense or simple logic.

I didnt use a laser as accused
I addressed that in the other thread.

{ BitSpill }
caga

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 08:53:58 AM

Woodcollector ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Q6Ti9xCX_M

cshelswell

Activity: 615
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2015, 08:55:48 AM

Doesn't matter about laser or no laser the cuts on the inner parts of the 'B' models are a disgrace. No good artist would ever leave something that unfinished. If you were going for "that look" the rest would look as shoddy but the work just looks like somebody that could finish it.

smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 09:23:00 AM

So tell me...this (the "B", "I", "N", and the outer two circles?) is due to carbon paper?

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

cshelswell

Activity: 615
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2015, 11:39:42 AM

This is copied from another post I made: Doesn't matter about laser or no laser the cuts on the inner parts of the 'B' models are a disgrace. No good artist would ever leave something that unfinished. If you were going for "that look" the rest would look as shoddy but the work just looks like somebody that could finish it.

Not sure why the argument continues... If folks can't see the cuts in those bitcoin b's aren't pretty available average then there's no hope

redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 12:18:10 PM

So at the end the video  prove anything ? I can make the same with a simple micromotors and some cutters. However his reputation is ruined , so it is not necessary another negative feedback. Well done @nubbins.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 03:01:09 PM

my analysis of the video here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=935115.msg10255332#msg10255332

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 12:59:41 AM
Last edit: January 26, 2015, 05:16:19 AM by freedomno1

Why was the original thread locked  ?

Because it sucked and there's nothing left to say

Was wondering why that thread got locked as well
Should have left it open and let it die the natural long death but I'll keep track here

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Hellot

Activity: 679
Merit: 526

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 12:52:38 AM

Just watched the video.  Is there another one?  Because that one is a joke in terms of being proof of anything.  In fact, it looks like proof of laser etching to me.  He had already laser etched the design and just needed to dremel away what we left.  I'm not even talking about the level of detail, just the fact that I can see with my own eyes that it was laser etched before hand and he is just shaving away what is left with a dremel.  What a joke!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: