Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 07:03:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Videos of WoodCollector Hand Carving: Care of MOB  (Read 21468 times)
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2015, 04:11:07 PM
Last edit: January 25, 2015, 04:22:53 PM by TECSHARE

@WoodCollector,

I had hoped to see much more tiny detail that resembles your previously touted work that you sold to previous customers.

The level of detail on this does not even compare to any and all of the wood "coins" you've done.

Would have liked to have seen you hand carve in the small details that were the talk revolving around using a laser.

Are you going to do a much more fine detailed piece? Why do such a huge product when you could do a small (1/4th or 1/8th the size of the "finger") version that has intricate detail and shut us all up?

This isn't about you attacking or getting retribution on nubbins. Your focus is off and should be on proving all of your detractors wrong.

Let's assume WoodCollector that your skills are as you say, it does not remove the fact that I have found several places where you posted on this forum where you strongly imply that you create original/custom designs for your customers based on their input. But that has been proven to be a lie as you yourself say that you use clip art and pre done designs downloaded/copied off of the internet.

LazerViking sent you a $200 deposit on this premise that you set over the past several months on this forum.

This makes you a thief/liar in that respect. Why not just refund him his money if you supposedly make so much more money on your other client's products?

Seems contradicting to keep $200 and have people know you as a thief.

Looking forward to hopefully seeing a more intricate detailed piece that is hand carved via a video.

Let's be real you could have responded to your detractors in a much more professional manner and left the cussing and childish behavior aside. But you didn't and that does reflect badly on your image. Of course you supposedly do not care about your reputation or forum rep/trust...yet it is one of the main reasons you targeted nubbins in the first place (him leaving neg trust).

This forum has reached epic levels of pathetic. Probably over 9000.

Lets address some of your "points".

1. You claim because he used other images for part of his designs that this is proof the images were stolen. Additionally you say he "strongly implied" that they were original works therefore he is a liar.

First of all, the works he used were licensed. That means he has a legal right to use the work. Additionally he MODIFIED THEM. This is under law defined as a DERIVATIVE WORK, legally giving him the right to use the work regardless. Your assumptions about where he got some of the designs from does not constitute a lie on his part. There is nothing illegal or immoral about this no matter how you try to misconstrue it.

2. Why not do a more detailed piece?

So he is supposed to produce a master work on the spot for you lot of mobbing willfully ignorant degenerates? I think you overestimate your importance drastically. Furthermore your claims have no substance. Why should he waste that much time and energy for a bunch of children with no real argument? He is a professional, with a life, and with a job. I am sure most of you here making accusations can't relate.

3. Lazerviking made a deposit, and wants it back.

DEPOSITS are UNIVERSALLY KNOWN to be NONREFUNDABLE if the depositing party decides to back out of a transaction. That is almost the entire purpose of a deposit. The fact that Nubbins rallied a mob over a bunch of baseless speculation, and Lazerviking bought it, does not constitute any kind of malfeasance on the part of Wood Collector, especially now that he has proven he does his work by hand. It just makes Lazerviking a gullible lemming sucked into Nubbins's mob action.

4. You could have responded much more professionally.

Really? A mob of sharking children shit all over him based on some theories and he is supposed to be all please and thank you? In my opinion he has shown EXCEPTIONAL restraint. Considering that Nubbins is the one who was the inception of all of this, I also find it appropriate to respond directly to him in whatever way he feels necessary. You don't get to lead a mob of people then step aside and cry foul when it turns out you were wrong.

In response to some of the other points brought up...

5. How was the original design applied and why are there burn marks?

The initial design itself was applied with a HAND GUIDED router. As anyone who has ever used high RPM tools on wood knows that high RPM tools WILL BURN WOOD. This is a fact, but how would you lot of basement dwellers and techies know this? You have never built anything with your hands and even if you did you don't have any clue about the level of craftsmanship involved in such a project.

6. He used power tools! That is not hand carving!

Actually... he was working with his hands and applying designs manually with no mechanical guidance. This relies 100% on his ability to control his movements in order to produce his art. By your Luddite logic, anyone who draws on a tablet isn't able to draw because they didn't use pencil an paper. Expecting that 100% of his work would be done manually without any kind of automatic tools is just retarded and would be a complete waste of time/energy on his part.

7. Sockpuppets.

Really? Just because some one doesn't agree with you and thinks you are mistaken they MUST BE WC's sock puppets? I must be his sock puppet too!
Quite convenient this accusation is impossible to prove or disprove. This is nothing more than a slanderfest.

I see a lot more new faces joining in to defend the sinking ship that is Nubbins and his mob as a last ditch effort to intimidate WC and anyone else from speaking in WC's defense. From what I understand at least 4 people have now been banned and have had their posts removed for speaking up for him. Quite a classy operation you run here Bitcointalk.

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 04:22:33 PM

Tecshare,

Regardless of how the original design was applied, all he did in this video is trace around pre-engraved lines.

Do you disagree?

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2015, 04:28:52 PM

Tecshare,

Regardless of how the original design was applied, all he did in this video is trace around pre-engraved lines.

Do you disagree?

I do disagree. He applied those router lines BY HAND. Not by laser, Not by CNC, but with a HAND ROUTER. The fact that he "traced" lines is irrelevant, because any artist with sufficiently detailed work almost always applies their design down first to work around. How are the proper proportions and details supposed to be applied otherwise? Just by memory and his alien like ability to apply designs on wood without any guide?

What is NOT irrelevant however, is the fact that NO LASER WAS USED, as this was the entire premise to begin with. the fact that these retards are now claiming he made this video as some kind of fakerry is BEYOND PATHETIC, is completely devoid of logic, and just a result of the inability to admit they were wrong.

That video took almost 2 days to upload... if he had edited it you would all be screaming about him doing things off camera. He said he had more videos and will post them. Nothing I have seen him say is in any way suspicious to me, because I am not completely ignorant as to what goes into the craft of woodworking. I can guarantee however that pretty much everyone here attacking him is though. It is easy to argue from a position of ignorance, because you don't know enough about the situation to have any clue of what is going on!
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 04:32:54 PM

Read my question again please...key phase "in this video".

He may have done the design by hand (doubt it) but when video starts it is already there.

Do you disagree with that?

ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2015, 04:36:14 PM

The initial design itself was applied with a HAND GUIDED router.

Goodness gracious. Next you are telling me he traced those outer circles with micron level precision.
BG4
Legendary

Activity: 1006
Merit: 1024

PaperSafe

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 04:44:08 PM

@WoodCollector,

I had hoped to see much more tiny detail that resembles your previously touted work that you sold to previous customers.

The level of detail on this does not even compare to any and all of the wood "coins" you've done.

Would have liked to have seen you hand carve in the small details that were the talk revolving around using a laser.

Are you going to do a much more fine detailed piece? Why do such a huge product when you could do a small (1/4th or 1/8th the size of the "finger") version that has intricate detail and shut us all up?

This isn't about you attacking or getting retribution on nubbins. Your focus is off and should be on proving all of your detractors wrong.

Let's assume WoodCollector that your skills are as you say, it does not remove the fact that I have found several places where you posted on this forum where you strongly imply that you create original/custom designs for your customers based on their input. But that has been proven to be a lie as you yourself say that you use clip art and pre done designs downloaded/copied off of the internet.

LazerViking sent you a $200 deposit on this premise that you set over the past several months on this forum.

This makes you a thief/liar in that respect. Why not just refund him his money if you supposedly make so much more money on your other client's products?

Seems contradicting to keep $200 and have people know you as a thief.

Looking forward to hopefully seeing a more intricate detailed piece that is hand carved via a video.

Let's be real you could have responded to your detractors in a much more professional manner and left the cussing and childish behavior aside. But you didn't and that does reflect badly on your image. Of course you supposedly do not care about your reputation or forum rep/trust...yet it is one of the main reasons you targeted nubbins in the first place (him leaving neg trust).

This forum has reached epic levels of pathetic. Probably over 9000.

Lets address some of your "points".

1. You claim because he used other images for part of his designs that this is proof the images were stolen. Additionally you say he "strongly implied" that they were original works therefore he is a liar.

First of all, the works he used were licensed. That means he has a legal right to use the work. Additionally he MODIFIED THEM. This is under law defined as a DERIVATIVE WORK, legally giving him the right to use the work regardless. Your assumptions about where he got some of the designs from does not constitute a lie on his part. There is nothing illegal or immoral about this no matter how you try to misconstrue it.

2. Why not do a more detailed piece?

So he is supposed to produce a master work on the spot for you lot of mobbing willfully ignorant degenerates? I think you overestimate your importance drastically. Furthermore your claims have no substance. Why should he waste that much time and energy for a bunch of children with no real argument? He is a professional, with a life, and with a job. I am sure most of you here making accusations can't relate.

3. Lazerviking made a deposit, and wants it back.

DEPOSITS are UNIVERSALLY KNOWN to be NONREFUNDABLE if the depositing party decides to back out of a transaction. That is almost the entire purpose of a deposit. The fact that Nubbins rallied a mob over a bunch of baseless speculation, and Lazerviking bought it, does not constitute any kind of malfeasance on the part of Wood Collector, especially now that he has proven he does his work by hand. It just makes Lazerviking a gullible lemming sucked into Nubbins's mob action.

4. You could have responded much more professionally.

Really? A mob of sharking children shit all over him based on some theories and he is supposed to be all please and thank you? In my opinion he has shown EXCEPTIONAL restraint. Considering that Nubbins is the one who was the inception of all of this, I also find it appropriate to respond directly to him in whatever way he feels necessary. You don't get to lead a mob of people then step aside and cry foul when it turns out you were wrong.

In response to some of the other points brought up...

5. How was the original design applied and why are there burn marks?

The initial design itself was applied with a HAND GUIDED router. As anyone who has ever used high RPM tools on wood knows that high RPM tools WILL BURN WOOD. This is a fact, but how would you lot of basement dwellers and techies know this? You have never built anything with your hands and even if you did you don't have any clue about the level of craftsmanship involved in such a project.

6. He used power tools! That is not hand carving!

Actually... he was working with his hands and applying designs manually with no mechanical guidance. This relies 100% on his ability to control his movements in order to produce his art. By your Luddite logic, anyone who draws on a tablet isn't able to draw because they didn't use pencil an paper. Expecting that 100% of his work would be done manually without any kind of automatic tools is just retarded and would be a complete waste of time/energy on his part.

7. Sockpuppets.

Really? Just because some one doesn't agree with you and thinks you are mistaken they MUST BE WC's sock puppets? I must be his sock puppet too!
Quite convenient this accusation is impossible to prove or disprove. This is nothing more than a slanderfest.

I see a lot more new faces joining in to defend the sinking ship that is Nubbins and his mob as a last ditch effort to intimidate WC and anyone else from speaking in WC's defense. From what I understand at least 4 people have now been banned and have had their posts removed for speaking up for him. Quite a classy operation you run here Bitcointalk.

It appears:
Your writing style is not of Woodcollector and his sockpuppets.
Your perception is questionable.
bitspill
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 05:10:14 PM

He may have done the design by hand (doubt it) but when video starts it is already there.

Wow.  You should be either a lawyer or a news reporter. You're good at manipulating questions just to get the answer you desire.

{ BitSpill }
nubbins
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 05:50:47 PM

Watching the video now... I don't see any lazer engravers.

We wouldn't want to have a debate based on facts now would we?

Quote from: TECSHARE
<random bullshit about how people should not speculate>

He applied those router lines BY HAND. Not by laser, Not by CNC, but with a HAND ROUTER.

Huh Huh Huh Sounds like speculation rather than fact.

Shill or moron. Probably not a good idea to trust either way. Negative feedback left.

No longer buying/selling Casascius coins. Beware scammers.
My OTC Web of Trust ratings / What's a PGP chain of custody?
BG4
Legendary

PaperSafe

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 06:03:26 PM

This work can only be explained with this..

And a laser cnc device,......
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2301

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 06:03:48 PM

To be honest, this only proves that you can do hand carving? It doesn't prove you actually did your pieces by hand instead of laser.

The font / details on this piece are huge, the laser accusations were regarding impossibly tiny, perfect serifs.

What evidence is there that he used a laser? None as far as anyone can tell, everyone was jumping on the bandwagon following Nubbins saying that he was lasering and didn't have the skill to hand carve but this short video clearly proves otherwise. So after seeing WC evidence these people above should be changing their feedback, Nubbins in particular who uses the word, 'confirmed' when this couldn't be further from the truth.

The evidence was in the post that I referenced (he made a post trying to troubleshoot issues with a laser).

I would say there is good evidence that he did create the art by hand, however it is not conclusive. I do have concerns about the fake reviews, however it is not 100% clear that they are fake, and as I mentioned before I somewhat suspect that a few of the "socks" are really trying to make it look like they are obvious sock puppets in order to make one party look bad (they are doing too poor of a job).
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2015, 06:08:37 PM

This work can only be explained with this..

And a laser cnc device,......

True that.
A router (cnc or otherwise) wouldn't be able to mill at the same depth at the beveled edges. A laser on the other hand continues onwards if there is air in-between the workpiece and the lens.
SodaWarz

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 06:10:42 PM

Goodness gracious. Next you are telling me he traced those outer circles with micron level precision.

100% he did, I WAS A PROFESSIONAL CARPENTER and cabinet maker AND AM WILLING TO BACK THAT STATEMENT UP. Its how i put myself through college.

This is what you get when a bunch of basement dwelling nerds who have never touched a power tool in their life decide they are experts on wood working

Want to see how he did it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOEu77gavYk

Now shut up and stop proving everyone's point that you are all just on a never ending witch hunt with no basis for any of your claims.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2015, 06:22:43 PM

100% he did, I WAS A PROFESSIONAL CARPENTER and cabinet maker AND AM WILLING TO BACK THAT STATEMENT UP. Its how i put myself through college.

This is what you get when a bunch of basement dwelling nerds who have never touched a power tool in their life decide they are experts on wood working

Want to see how he did it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOEu77gavYk

Now shut up and stop proving everyone's point that you are all just on a never ending witch hunt with no basis for any of your claims.

So where is his pivot hole? I can't see one.

But that's besides the point, all indications are the "fuck you nubbins" piece was done using a cnc router.
The letters are flawless, along with the middle finger, and using a palm router you aren't gonna do that.  Besides it makes no sense to do this kind of work by hand if you have access to cnc equipment, (which has been pretty much established at this point).
What remains is what it appears to be some guy exploiting his fablab membership to sell make believe handicraft works.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 06:33:54 PM

Wow.  You should be either a lawyer or a news reporter. You're good at manipulating questions just to get the answer you desire.

I'm not sure if that was meant in support or derision, but
I'll take it as a compliment, thank you.

It is not hard to ask the right questions
when you stick to the point.

What is the point?  

The point is that this video was supposed to prove
WoodCollector's skills in hand carving.

Since the wood is already engraved to large
degree at the start of the video, who in
their right mind would conclude that this
is a good proof of hand carving skills?

And why in the world is Tecshare asserting
that something was done by hand
that's NOT in the video?

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 06:38:11 PM

Wow.  You should be either a lawyer or a news reporter. You're good at manipulating questions just to get the answer you desire.

I'm not sure if that was meant in support or derision, but
I'll take it as a compliment, thank you.

It is not hard to ask the right questions
when you stick to the point.

What is the point? 

The point is that this video was supposed to prove
WoodCollector's skills in hand carving.

Since the wood is already engraved to large
degree at the start of the video, who in
their right mind would conclude that this
is a good proof of hand carving skills?

And why in the world is Tecshare asserting
that something was done by hand
that's NOT in the video?

You obviously do not think it is possible to carve that kind of detail without having some kind of reference do you? I would say that burning a sketch of what he is to carve into the wood would not take away from the fact that he was hand carving his pieces.
SodaWarz

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 06:44:00 PM

But that's besides the point, all indications are the "fuck you nubbins" piece was done using a cnc router.
The letters are flawless, along with the middle finger, and using a palm router you aren't gonna do that.  Besides it makes no sense to do this kind of work by hand if you have access to cnc equipment, (which has been pretty much established at this point).
What remains is what it appears to be some guy exploiting his fablab membership to sell make believe handicraft works.

Pivot hole? Are you really that inept?

There are about a dozen ways to do the same thing when you cannot leave a hole behind. My personal favorite is by gluing a pin to the center with some wood glue. Takes about 4 hours to dry, and once the circles are done, you can knock it off with a hammer, and 5 seconds with a power sander will remove the glue marks.

You guys are seriously pathetic and way far out on a very shaky limb with all this shit.

The letters are flawless? No shit Sherlock, how hard is it to trace over a line?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNcojZRQK7w

Takes me 10 seconds on youtube to make you look like an idiot. How much more time to do you want to invest on sealing your fate?

It is better to be thought an idiot and remain silent than to open your mouth and remove all doubts.  You and your MOB are going down in a ball of smoke and flames, might want to think about your actions for a minute before its too late and you lose all credibility you ever had in this place.
BG4
Legendary

PaperSafe

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 06:53:37 PM

There are about a dozen ways to do the same thing when you cannot leave a hole behind. My personal favorite is by gluing a pin to the center with some wood glue. Takes about 4 hours to dry, and once the circles are done, you can knock it off with a hammer, and 5 seconds with a power sander will remove the glue marks.

You guys are seriously pathetic and way far out on a very shaky limb with all this shit.

The letters are flawless? No shit Sherlock, how hard is it to trace over a line?

Takes me 10 seconds on youtube to make you look like an idiot. How much more time to do you want to invest on sealing your fate?

It is better to be thought an idiot and remain silent than to open your mouth and remove all doubts.  You and your MOB are going down in a ball of smoke and flames, might want to think about your actions for a minute before its too late and you lose all credibility you ever had in this place.

Based on the rants of Woodcollectors rants on reddit

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2t96w0/anybody_know_why_bitcointalk_is_down/cnwyhu2

SodaWarz writing style is the same as Woodcollector

SodaWarz is a Woodcollector SockPuppet
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 06:54:16 PM

You obviously do not think it is possible to carve that kind of detail without having some kind of reference do you? I would say that burning a sketch of what he is to carve into the wood would not take away from the fact that he was hand carving his pieces.

Reference is one thing as I assume would be done via carbon paper.

Smoothie made the point earlier here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=935115.msg10252734#msg10252734
...that this was likely not done by carbon paper,
but appears to have some depth to it.  

Take a look at the image Smoothie attached.  You can see that
it's already been carved up to the edge.  Seems to me that all WC is really
doing is removing more wood that surrounds the pre-made groove... with
some kind of tool.

Do you really consider that "hand carving" ?

ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2015, 07:04:47 PM

Wait there is more:

The Finger has lines in it which get thinner towards the ends. It's easy to accomplish that with a cnc router if the depth of the toolhead becomes more shallow towards the end of the line.
Using a hand router you are milling at constant depth.

I don't know much about wood handiworks but enough about cnc machining to recognize the products.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 07:04:55 PM

Reference is one thing as I assume would be done via carbon paper.

Smoothie made the point earlier here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=935115.msg10252734#msg10252734
...that this was likely not done by carbon paper,
but appears to have some depth to it.  

Take a look at the image Smoothie attached.  You can see that
it's already been carved up to the edge.  Seems to me that all WC is really
doing is removing more wood that surrounds the pre-made groove... with
some kind of tool.

Do you really consider that "hand carving" ?

To be honest, I have no idea. I really do not know that much about wood to say one way or another. I would say that even if it were carved with a laser with an initial imprint then it would not be the scam that this is being made out to be. Without being able to touch the piece I really cannot even say with certainty if the piece is carved or is just burned as of the picture that smoothie attached.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: