Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:09:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Videos of WoodCollector Hand Carving: Care of MOB  (Read 21470 times)
Fakecoin

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 05:21:30 PM

Seriously guys I have evidence on Woodcollector from a senior member bought for 10 btc!
Then you made a very, very stupid choice. I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that while many of the people posting in this thread don't agree with what Wood Collector has done, no one who wasn't directly scammed by him is going to pay you $4000 just to get some information on him. Hell, other than Blazedout no one's even lost that much to him.

Sorry for your (made up) loss.

But it's solid evidence that he uses lasers. That's why bought it.
That's great. Who do you expect cares enough to pay BTC15 for it?

Well I bought it as an investment. Thought maybe sell it on.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 05:25:27 PM

Seriously guys I have evidence on Woodcollector from a senior member bought for 10 btc!
Then you made a very, very stupid choice. I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that while many of the people posting in this thread don't agree with what Wood Collector has done, no one who wasn't directly scammed by him is going to pay you $4000 just to get some information on him. Hell, other than Blazedout no one's even lost that much to him.

Sorry for your (made up) loss.

But it's solid evidence that he uses lasers. That's why bought it.
That's great. Who do you expect cares enough to pay BTC15 for it?

Well I bought it as an investment. Thought maybe sell it on.

Stop trolling.

If you were serious, then you'd be either lying, or incredibly stupid. 
Anyone that stupid won't have 10 BTC sitting around, so that
means you're lying/trolling. 

onewiseguy

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 05:50:52 PM

Yup OP is no wood carving expert. not going with the MOB just you suck I did a better job in middle school wood shop and I actually used carving tools.
MF Doom

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 08:49:18 PM

After browsing this thread, it seems the video doesn't clear up much.  Why not show examples of the extremely intricate detailing shown on some of the pieces?  Or show how the impossibly symmetrical designs are created?

I was interested in one of the pieces I saw for sale, but definitely am holding off for the time being.
SodaWarz

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 09:54:33 PM

I thought this drama could use its on Meme. I'll go first  Grin

ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2015, 09:55:52 PM

How anti-climatic.
SodaWarz

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 10:04:10 PM

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 10:21:12 PM

WC , might as lock the thread... quit while you're "ahead" buddy.

SodaWarz

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 10:32:56 PM

WC , might as lock the thread... quit while you're "ahead" buddy.

What?

Edit: Oh i get it, you still think that i am an alt of WoodCollecter. What a nub !
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 10:42:05 PM

Edit: Oh i get it, you still think that i am an alt of WoodCollecter. What a nub !

It was addressed to WC, not quoting anything "you" said.
We already know you're an alt, which is probably why
you felt you needed to defend the point. 

Whatever... if you want to try to bury the thread in pages
of nonsense, go for it... it will just keep the entertainment
going longer for the rest of us.

Have at it!

Blazr

Activity: 882
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 10:54:10 PM

What?

I wasn't sure if you were an alt until you I saw this post. In fact I hadn't checked if you were an alt because I didn't really care. We at bitcointalk have had our fair share of alts (look up a guy called Atlas for some bitcointalk history), and as a result some of us have figured out many ways of spotting alts. In this very short post you gave away the game and I am now convinced you are an alt of WC. Being anonymous online isn't as easy as some think, there are a lot of variables you need to control.

nubbins
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 11:00:48 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2015, 01:48:00 AM by nubbins

I lel'd again.

SodaWarz/WoodCollector just sent me a PM with what he believes to be my full name, address, phone number, and some pictures of my house from Google Maps.

I'm not sure what he was trying to prove, as all of that information was already here on the forums (with the exception of the phone number, which was incorrect; try dialing it, WC!), but his message was vaguely threatening, and he indicated that he lives less than an hour away from my house (!), which actually puts him either in the atlantic ocean or a wilderness reserve.

He also claimed to be an expert in intelligence and counter-intelligence, which is about as likely as being a master wood carver, and furthers my suspicions that he is WoodCarver -- I can see no other reason for this continued vendetta.

Master carver, master spy... the guy probably actually works at a Burger King or something.  Cheesy

No longer buying/selling Casascius coins. Beware scammers.
My OTC Web of Trust ratings / What's a PGP chain of custody?
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 11:06:57 PM

wow...what a lowlife piece of shit you are, WC.
Threatening nubbins isn't going to make your life
better.  Why don't you take my advice and try
to make peace with the community.  Remove
the 'hand carved' label as you even admit you
are using power tools... and try to make amends
to the unhappy customers.

and seriously,...quit while you're 'ahead'.

BG4
Legendary

Activity: 1006
Merit: 1024

PaperSafe

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 11:29:55 PM

Will someone do the subtitles for a Hitler finds out video....woodcollector can be Hitler and orders everyone out but terrahasher, UKcrypto and sodawars, and then flips out that his scam was discovered....
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 11:31:41 PM

Will someone do the subtitles for a Hitler finds out video....woodcollector can be Hitler and orders everyone out but terrahasher, UKcrypto and sodawars, and then flips out that his scam was discovered....

or it could be that Hitler payed $14,000 for some art and just found out it wasn't hand carved but done by a laser.   Tongue

JBits

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 11:32:44 PM

That video doesn't prove anything. It doesn't even prove that you can handcraft from scratch; all it shows is that you know how to move a metal tool around a piece of wood. Show us something from scratch.
BG4
Legendary

PaperSafe

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 11:39:22 PM

or it could be that Hitler payed $14,000 for some art and just found out it wasn't hand carved but done by a laser.   Tongue

That would be poking fun a blazedout.....  and thats not the point..IMO..   

this needs to be a movie......tho
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 11:42:49 PM

That would be poking fun a blazedout.....  and thats not the point..IMO..   

haha ok, yeah i get it... i see your vision..yeah would be funny.

BG4
Legendary

PaperSafe

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 11:46:40 PM

http://downfall.jfedor.org/

have at it.   I am getting ready for work or I would do it....will be plowing snow..
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 12:23:45 AM

TECSHARE, you are missing the point. This isn't about whenever something can or can't be done using manual tools vs. cnc, it's about whenever WoodCollector really is a master wood carver and the things he sells are in fact his masterpieces.
Actually I am not missing the point, because so far all that has been presented against WC is accusations, not actual evidence of anything. If we are both pointing out what is or isn't possible, making the point that it could have easily been done with a hand guided router is a COMPLETELY valid point because it demonstrates that the conspiracy theory version of events presented in the accusation are not the only way it could have gone down. You are ignoring a perfectly legitimate explanation over BASELESS speculation. Explain to me again now, why is the burden of proof on WC and not Nubbins to provide evidence?

Actually no. That is experience with woodworking tools AS WELL as experience with laser engravers. I know for a fact he  have accomplished that exact effect with a hand guided router. You, however deny this possibility and claim it could ONLY have been created by a laser engraver or CNC. THAT is called speculation. The fact that you continue to insinuate he is just doing all of this as an elaborate ploy to deceive everyone here after he released the video of his HAND CARVING demonstrates very clearly your lack of a grasp on reality...

So first you say he applied those router lines by hand then you say he "could".

LOL so are you back pedaling now? Sure sounded like you KNEW he did it now you are saying he could have done it by that means.

Grin Grin Grin

Yes we should all listen to TECSHARE and heed his advice/insights as ultimate truth.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Nope, not backpedaling at all, but of course that doesn't matter to you if you can inject some semantic games into this to distract from the lack of evidence against him. As I stated above, I said this to elucidate the fact that the only explanation for his work is not just laser, or CNC, but is easily achieved using a hand guided router. Again, why isn't the burden of proof upon Nubbins to present actual proof? Why is the burden of proof upon WC just because Nubbins strung together a bunch of speculation followed by a mob?

That video doesn't prove anything. It doesn't even prove that you can handcraft from scratch; all it shows is that you know how to move a metal tool around a piece of wood. Show us something from scratch.
You do know that video, even compressed was about 2 GB right? It took nearly 2 days to upload and process. Perhaps maybe before joining the mob you give WC time to present videos of the manually guided routing process and the hand carving finishing. Of course, he should just stop everything else in his life and set up a video studio and make a brand new master work IMMEDIATELY to satiate this mob of children we have collecting here... how dare he not jump like a trained dog at the increasingly unrealistic insane demands of this mob! He should have presented a Hollywood produced masterwork within seconds! Forget how long it takes to carve a piece and upload the video! He should be able to do this like magic!

For the third time, why is it that the burden of proof is upon WoodCollector and NOT upon Nubbins to provide proof of his accusations? It appears to me at least WoodCollector is trying to do so, all I can see from Nubbins is accusations, theories, and abuse of the trust system to silence anyone who doesn't agree with his narrative theory.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: