Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:19:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: REMOVE NUBBINS FROM THE DEFAULT TRUST LIST FOR REPEATED TRUST ABUSE  (Read 15314 times)
fishb0ne

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 06:51:33 PM

There is still no video evidence of the intricate, fine details being hand carved with the same level of precision as apparent in the sold pieces.
Given how much time has gone by, there's a non-trivial possibility that any forthcoming video will have to be confirmed that it is in fact WoodCollector performing the fine level hand carving, and not someone that was paid off. I really don't want to re-open this discussion, but the facts are that he posesses Harbor Freight tools which he pictured as being the tools used for the intricate detail carvings (most being completely inappropriate for that type of job) while talking about posessing very expensive tools as part of an astronomical yearly income, and at least one community of experienced wood workers attesting to the fact that the pieces have the tell tale signs of being laser engraved, not done by hand. In a recent post regarding a comissioned piece, WC has seemingly omitted all references to "hand carved", just mentioning "carved" ... make what you will of what that is. The recently posted videos do nothing to prove what is being actually requested and the preponderence of evidence thus far, circumstantial or not, point to him having mislead his buyers. There is simply no excuse for not having presented the solid defense after all this time. These issues just scratch the surface.
So I just wanted to write all that to point out that this issue is far from having been settled in favor of WC. I say this as having no dog in this fight whatsoever, it just happens that one of my recent past careers of mine involved evaluation of evidence, so this topic is still close to my heart.
I believe that any and all well deserved negative feedback would still be appropriate. What's left to discuss now is which of it is or is not warranted.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 10:41:36 PM

...irrefutable video evidence.

Lol oh really?

Irrefutable evidence of what? That the guy can dick around and not show his "hand carving" skills on the high level of detail his other pieces sold had?

Lol  Grin

I think the unique problem here is that WoodCollector didn't  "hand carved" his original pieces , and advertised as "hand carved".

I know that is what is funny about those who defend WC as in his video clearly he is not "Hand carving" the entire thing as he started his first video with the stencil lasered on to the wood, which is laughable to call "hand carved".

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 10:43:14 PM

Lol oh really?

Irrefutable evidence of what? That the guy can dick around and not show his "hand carving" skills on the high level of detail his other pieces sold had?

Lol  Grin

I think the unique problem here is that WoodCollector didn't  "hand carved" his original pieces , and advertised as "hand carved".

The original cheap ones he sold that are on the macro crude scale like the video demonstration are handmade with power tools and machine made stencils.

The expensive ones with very micro detail that he sold for thousands of dollars are definitely laser made.

No human can hand carve a single perfect circle or a single perfect right angle. His works of arts have several thousand geometrically perfect right angles, perfect circles, perfect spheres and etched to a uniform depth across the entire work of art. ImFuckingPossible by hand.

The video shows nothing to dispel the use of a laser engraver.

~BCX~

Yes you are right , indeed I've seen all the videos and at the end my personal opinion is :

He didn't hand carved nothing , he always used dremel & other  tools.

These are real hand carved pieces :

- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7Rxbu4FY4Q

- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQVo4oEizJA

- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw9sYKMXQbI

"Tools" like my "hand carving" machine I used?  Roll Eyes

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 10:44:27 PM

Lol oh really?

Lol  Grin

Sorry, I should have added the caveat "irrefutable if you have a functioning brain stem". Regardless there are more videos on the way and here you all are STILL leaping at conclusions before all the evidence is in. Whatever is most entertaining to you, even if it means harassing users daily for weeks. If you had anything better to do we wouldn't be seeing multiple daily posts from you or the 4chan brigade. Just admit you are here to entertain yourself, and you could give a fuck less about anyone or anything on this forum.

Nice insult sling ^....real mature buddy.  Roll Eyes

Retort with insults. Yes lol

Class act.  Cheesy

Anyone want to make a poll guessing when TECSHARE will leave the forum or be perma banned at some point due to his questionable actions of being butthurt and eventually get banned for something worth getting banned over? Much like Goat did in June 2014?

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 10:46:59 PM

Lol oh really?

Lol  Grin

Sorry, I should have added the caveat "irrefutable if you have a functioning brain stem". Regardless there are more videos on the way and here you all are STILL leaping at conclusions before all the evidence is in. Whatever is most entertaining to you, even if it means harassing users daily for weeks. If you had anything better to do we wouldn't be seeing multiple daily posts from you or the 4chan brigade. Just admit you are here to entertain yourself, and you could give a fuck less about anyone or anything on this forum.

Don't you have anything better to do than whinge incessantly about this? That's all you contribute to this forum now aside from bumping your own listings. You've got to be either trolling yourself or absolutely deluded if you think butchering a piece of wood to create something I'd be mildly impressed by a teenager making in his High School woodwork class is 'irrefutable evidence'. There seems to be only a handful of people who are buying WC's bullshit including you and two of those have been confirmed to be alts of his. Until he actually shows a video of him actually carving the coins he claims to be able to do nobody in their right mind is buying his grossly exaggerated claims. The only thing he's proved so far is he's an amateur woodworker. Amateur being the keyword here.

Exactly , I think everyone of us can make the same "hand carved" works... It is obviously that his pieces not worth ~ 14 k dollars.

Yes we can make the same pieces/works with the GO button.  Grin

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2015, 10:30:18 PM

Lol oh really?

Lol  Grin

Don't you have anything better to do than whinge incessantly about this? That's all you contribute to this forum now aside from bumping your own listings. You've got to be either trolling yourself or absolutely deluded if you think butchering a piece of wood to create something I'd be mildly impressed by a teenager making in his High School woodwork class is 'irrefutable evidence'. There seems to be only a handful of people who are buying WC's bullshit including you and two of those have been confirmed to be alts of his. Until he actually shows a video of him actually carving the coins he claims to be able to do nobody in their right mind is buying his grossly exaggerated claims. The only thing he's proved so far is he's an amateur woodworker. Amateur being the keyword here.

Don't you have anything better to do? Aren't you staff here? Don't you have staff things to do like harassing noobs who don't know the rules (because you refuse to post them anywhere)? Your right, I totally didn't introduce hundreds of users to this forum, why should I get any redress when users abuse the trust system to attack myself and other innocent users? Also hundreds of satisfied users who have traded with me confident in knowing they will get what they pay for. What possible value could that add to this 4chan like environment?

You and the mob are judging people guilty until proven innocent based on the brainless accusations of that wildebeest nubbins and the peanut gallery of drama queens. The fact that you can't see whats going on here demonstrates your inability to separate reality from shit slinging 4chan drama. But hey, why look at reality when the bullshit affords you another opportunity to show how emotionally involved you are with anything I do. After all, why be a mod if you can't bully people into shutting up when you don't like what they have to say right?

nothingtoseeheremovealong

Activity: 12

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 10:45:59 PM

hahahaha cant believe this is still going on and that idiots are still saying woodcollector "hand carves" his pieces they are blatantly lasered prior to him playing with his dremel sander for ages..tbh it was good scam call out by nubbins otherwise idiots would still be buying extortionate priced items that are not what they say they are and should cost next to nothing to make
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2015, 10:51:19 PM

We have enough socks around here to fill a sock drawer. I guess the trolls are hedging their bets and using alts so they don't have to eat as much shit when the rest of the videos are released.
nothingtoseeheremovealong

Activity: 12

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 10:52:59 PM

i know its hilarious.. someone should make a book of these sort of things from here
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2015, 10:59:34 PM

i know its hilarious.. someone should make a book of these sort of things from here
Too bad only 3 dudes with 20 names each would be interested enough to buy 1 each.
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2015, 03:40:50 PM

Nubbins has now replaced his negative trust for me again, completely based upon critical words I spoke about him. The excuse the first time was that "he didn't know", what is his excuse this time? If this does not demonstrate he does not belong on the default trust I don't know what does.

"I removed my previous negative rating of this user in the interests of fairness and accuracy.

In return, the user has decided to continue engaging in mean-spirited, vulgar ad-hominem attacks against me, calling my actions "brainless" and referring to me as a "wildebeest" without provocation of any sort on my behalf.

Obvious vendetta/grudge/anger issues. Avoid this user like the plague. "

There was no provocation, except your continual abuse of the default trust system in an attempt to silence people who speak words you do not agree with. Lets not forget that part.
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2015, 09:35:17 PM

After having some time to reflect, I agree with others in that my negative trust rating of TECSHARE was inappropriate. I have replaced it with neutral feedback that relates the situation in a less undiplomatic manner.

Yet, you decided it was a good idea to replace it after everyone moved on thinking no one would notice. You are still leaving a negative rating based on my criticism of you, not untrustworthy activity. This is a clear abuse of the default trust system by nubbins to attempt to intimidate those critical of him into silence.

I'm not inclined to remove nubbins because I trust him AND because he corrected his actions.  Basically he wasn't 100% aware of how trust operates, but once he understood it, he took appropriate actions.

It makes no sense to have a 1 strike policy especially if someone wasn't malicious about it and took corrective actions.  Most users still do not understand trust...

He corrected his abuse, and then replaced it again. You say he was not 100% aware of how trust operates (not a defense), but even if it were HE DID IT AGAIN! What is your excuse for not removing him now CITM?
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2015, 07:11:53 AM

Nubbins feels it is appropriate to use his position on the default trust list to attempt to intimidate and silence people for the grievous crime of disagreeing with his opinions/actions in public. This week he has been systematically destroying the trust ratings of several people who disagree with his use of mob action, and also speak up in support of the user WoodCollector. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=392383
Apparently a member of the staff also decided to join in and BAN several of these users for supporting WoodCollector's position and deleted their comments.

Here is a list of his most recent left negative trust ratings:

TECSHARE:
2015-01-25   0.00000000 "Use caution when trusting this user's judgment"
Reference : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=935115.msg10257046#msg10257046
(the reference is basically him commenting about me, a bit of circular logic and not at all specific)

SodaWarz:
2015-01-21   0.00000000 "Sock. Shill."
Reference : NONE
(Other users such as Mitchełł, jonald_fyookball, BadBear, danielpbarron, & smoothie he is a "provable alt of Woodcollector" or that he is "supporting a scam" simply because he does not agree with their opinions and supports WoodCollector's stated position. I see no actual evidence anywhere for this, just speculation, accusations and mob attacks on anyone who doesn't agree with their speculation.)

poisenrang:
2015-01-23      0.00000000 "Paid shill, do not trust"
Reference : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=864472.msg10237014#msg10237014
(this rating is apparently for posting a single sentence. "WOAHH!!! this piece is so nice! carved so well!")

TerraHasher:
2015-01-25   0.00000000 "Shill / Scammer"
Reference: NONE
(Other users such as jonald_fyookball, BadBear, Rawted, Somekindabitcoin, smoothie, Rawted again, & danielpbarron  joined in on the feedback abuse, usually citing "provable alt of Woodcollector" or some other accusation of him being a sock puppet or shill. I would love to hear about all this "proof" Badbear has. I suspect it consists of him accepting the speculations of Nubbins and others in his mob clique, and therefore not proof of anything. I have heard the staff here say many times it is nearly impossible to prove or disprove if some one is using an alternate account. This is quite convenient for accusations for use in mob attacks.)

ukcrypto:
2015-01-25   0.00000000 "Confirmed sock or moron, take your pick"
(This is an actual satisfied customer of Woodcollector's. I see now that leaving negative trust for "morons" is now an acceptable standard for a trust rating. I guess half of the users on this forum should have negative tags then.  Another user, jonald_fyookball also joined in on this feedback abuse stating  in his negative trust rating "probably an alt of woodcollector." )

bitspill:
2015-01-25   0.00000000 "WARNING: User may be unable to parse simple English text. Exercise caution."
(This user was also speaking in support of Woodcollector. Nubbins left a negative at first but then modified it to a neutral. The way that this is worded seems more like an attempt at an insult than any actual information about WHY he left the negative/neutral rating.)

It seems to me there is a very clear pattern of a small handful of closely associated individuals choosing to systematically tarnish the reputation of honest users here simply for having the audacity to disagree with them, as an attempt to intimidate them into silence. I must say I am also a bit shocked that staff would go as far as banning several of these people to prevent them from speaking (including deleted comments). It is convenient that all of these accusations of sock puppeting and shills can nether be proven or disproven. Additionally it has never been considered "scamming" to use an alt, especially when they person they claim they are sock puppeting for is not even proven a scammer himself. This is clearly a coordinated attempt to silence discussion on the topic by a bunch of Nubbin's buddies.

These accusations are clearly spurious and just an attempt to silence any debate on the topic by intimidating and "discrediting" anyone who dares to support Woodcollector's narrative. Nubbins and his mob have done nothing but spew SPECULATION and have never at ANY POINT presented any substantial fact based evidence that Woodcutter, or any of the other individuals he attacked by abusing the trust system ever did anything wrong. Again, it is all 100% speculation. Theories and speculation are not equivalent to proof. As a result of this I am requesting Nubbins be removed from the default trust list (level 2). Canaryinthemine please remove this yet another example of abusive users from your trust list.

Video proof Woodcollector does in fact carve his peices without a laser engraver or a CNC: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=935115.0;all
Nubbins's original accusation thread (now shockingly locked): https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=930649.0;all
Thread opened by Woodcollector in the interim after Nubbins locked his thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=931109.20
Beastlymac

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 01:56:53 PM

You have demonstrated ... willingness to abuse trust for personal gain

What if they also slander you without evidence to back up their claims?

EDIT: This is just as serious an accusation as anything else being discussed here. I take my reputation seriously, and request you provide proof of me "demonstrating" willingness to abuse the forum for my personal gain. Without such proof, I'd like to ask the slanderous comment be removed.

Historically slander is not (by view of theymos) a valid reason for giving negative feedback. That was made applicable during the time when neutral feedback didn't even exist.

Message me if you have any problems
danielpbarron

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

Daniel P. Barron

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2015, 02:34:47 PM

You have demonstrated ... willingness to abuse trust for personal gain

What if they also slander you without evidence to back up their claims?

EDIT: This is just as serious an accusation as anything else being discussed here. I take my reputation seriously, and request you provide proof of me "demonstrating" willingness to abuse the forum for my personal gain. Without such proof, I'd like to ask the slanderous comment be removed.

Historically slander is not (by view of theymos) a valid reason for giving negative feedback. That was made applicable during the time when neutral feedback didn't even exist.

Historically, the views of a thermos have nothing to do with how a Web of Trust works. But I've been told by a moron that this site doesn't use a Web of Trust; so what do I know?

Marriage is a permanent bond (or should be) between a man and a woman. Scripture reveals a man has the freedom to have this marriage bond with more than one woman, if he so desires. But, anything beyond this is a perversion. -- Darwin Fish
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2015, 08:42:25 PM
Last edit: February 17, 2015, 09:00:15 PM by TECSHARE

words
You go around leaving negative ratings because you disagree with people's opinions. I don't think your word counts for much. Also, the topic is why Nubbins should be removed from default trust, not your lack of knowledge of the trust system.

Back on topic: Nubbins also thinks it is appropriate to obsessively review my recent post history, and then use the trust system to comment on my discussions in "Politics & Society" because some of the topics are controversial (thus an easy method of slander placating to those with opposing viewpoints). Now it is ok to use the trust system for arguing topics in "Politics & Society"? There is a reason trust ratings are disabled there...
lobbes

Activity: 240
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 02:40:30 PM

Lol, there are people that take the 'trust system' on this forum seriously?

michaeladair

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

I'm a Web Developer: HTML, CSS, PHP, JS.

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 03:20:27 PM

You can't tell us that when you see red under someone's name, you are not deterred the least bit? It puts people off IMO...

Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2015, 04:59:44 PM

You can't tell us that when you see red under someone's name, you are not deterred the least bit? It puts people off IMO...

The negative trust does make me click to see why. I will still trade with them though..obviously not sending first though  Tongue
Grand_Voyageur

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

https://dadice.com | Click my signature to join!

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2015, 05:07:05 PM

The negative trust does make me click to see why. I will still trade with them though..obviously not sending first though  Tongue

I think seeing -ve trust score also may induce to always use escrows to deal with such users.  Wink

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: