Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 07:52:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][OMA] Omega Ω - ICO ended - I2P and TOR markets.  (Read 34385 times)
serjent05
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1258

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 09:45:47 PM

Dev did u get any reply regardless of what CEX will do now ... they hold Half of Omega now

We talked to c-cex today about the situation and we both agreed the ICO was wrapped up. The buywall was there in case any investor wanted to leave and that's what happened.

When the 5 day period ends the remaining ICO funds +  the returned OMA will be delivered to us and we will use it for development (paying people in OMA instead of BTC).

shouldnt this stuff be burned too? this can easily exploited, dev buy his own coin and sell it when the buy wall is up, bam! dev got back his btc with free coin bonus..  and then dump them.  tsk tsk another way of C-CEX supporting scam devs (not saying you are doing this just telling the possibilities)

███████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▀█▀████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████▀▀██████
████▀▀▀█████████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄███████
█████████████████▄▄▄████
█████████████████▀█████
████████████▀██▀████████
████████████████████████
███████████▄▄█████▄▄█████

███████████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████▀▀▀
▀▄
▌░░▐▌
█████▄▄█
████████▄
████████▌
███████
███████
██████
██████
█████
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
..Play Now..
[
omegadevteam (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 09:53:29 PM

Dev did u get any reply regardless of what CEX will do now ... they hold Half of Omega now

We talked to c-cex today about the situation and we both agreed the ICO was wrapped up. The buywall was there in case any investor wanted to leave and that's what happened.

When the 5 day period ends the remaining ICO funds +  the returned OMA will be delivered to us and we will use it for development (paying people in OMA instead of BTC).

shouldnt this stuff be burned too? this can easily exploited, dev buy his own coin and sell it when the buy wall is up, bam! dev got back his btc with free coin bonus..  and then dump them.  tsk tsk another way of C-CEX supporting scam devs (not saying you are doing this just telling the possibilities)

Hum, that's a valid point of view but burning all these coins would mean burning 50% of the dev funds.
What about burning 25% of the total supply (50% of the coins that will come from c-cex refund)? That would give us enough funds to pay for some stuff in OMA and the community would also like it, would something like this satisfy investors?
serjent05
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 09:59:06 PM

Hum, that's a valid point of view but burning all these coins would mean burning 50% of the dev funds.
What about burning 25% of the total supply (50% of the coins that will come from c-cex refund)? That would give us enough funds to pay for some stuff in OMA and the community would also like it, would something like this satisfy investors?

it's not for me to decide but rather i suggest put a poll in this thread and ask the investors / community about what to do with the bought coins, i think that will help a bit

███████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▀█▀████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████▀▀██████
████▀▀▀█████████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄███████
█████████████████▄▄▄████
█████████████████▀█████
████████████▀██▀████████
████████████████████████

███████████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████▀▀▀
▀▄
▌░░▐▌
█████▄▄█
████████▄
████████▌
███████
███████
██████
██████
█████
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
..Play Now..
[
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 10:18:08 PM

When the 5 day period ends the remaining ICO funds +  the returned OMA will be delivered to us and we will use it for development (paying people in OMA instead of BTC).

shouldnt this stuff be burned too? this can easily exploited, dev buy his own coin and sell it when the buy wall is up, bam! dev got back his btc with free coin bonus..  and then dump them.  tsk tsk another way of C-CEX supporting scam devs (not saying you are doing this just telling the possibilities)

It's not actually burning the supply since funds go into an unspendable address, it's not such a great idea to do that as well because if you ever have a rich list on the Block explorer it shows all those Coins as the top rich list addresses so the marketcap shows a much higher value than the actual value and all addresses show as percentages of the entire supply so you might have 5% of the available supply but if there was some 90% of the Coins that were "burned" then it would show you as having 0.5% of the total supply.

If for instance you were going to burn the Coins properly then Fees would have to be burnt instead of being reclaimed through POW/POS and then the entire amount would be sent to any address as 1 Coin Transaction and "settxfee" as the amount to burn. It can't be done like this currently unless the rewards itself were changed to destroy fees and format the moneysupply.
sdmathis

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 11:00:51 PM

When the 5 day period ends the remaining ICO funds +  the returned OMA will be delivered to us and we will use it for development (paying people in OMA instead of BTC).

shouldnt this stuff be burned too? this can easily exploited, dev buy his own coin and sell it when the buy wall is up, bam! dev got back his btc with free coin bonus..  and then dump them.  tsk tsk another way of C-CEX supporting scam devs (not saying you are doing this just telling the possibilities)

It's not actually burning the supply since funds go into an unspendable address, it's not such a great idea to do that as well because if you ever have a rich list on the Block explorer it shows all those Coins as the top rich list addresses so the marketcap shows a much higher value than the actual value and all addresses show as percentages of the entire supply so you might have 5% of the available supply but if there was some 90% of the Coins that were "burned" then it would show you as having 0.5% of the total supply.

If for instance you were going to burn the Coins properly then Fees would have to be burnt instead of being reclaimed through POW/POS and then the entire amount would be sent to any address as 1 Coin Transaction and "settxfee" as the amount to burn. It can't be done like this currently unless the rewards itself were changed to destroy fees and format the moneysupply.

I agree. I don't think that burning them would do any good at all.

Just the fact that the developers are willing to burn them is enough to convince me of the sincerity of the developers. The devs should use those coins to build Omega into the coin we all envisioned it would be.

serjent05
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 12:20:26 AM

I agree. I don't think that burning them would do any good at all.

Just the fact that the developers are willing to burn them is enough to convince me of the sincerity of the developers. The devs should use those coins to build Omega into the coin we all envisioned it would be.

not being a bull here but seeing things both ways, either with or without the the bought coins, dev still have 20+ BTC in C-Cex, anyway i hope devs are sincere too, but that is yet to see..  Grin

███████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▀█▀████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████▀▀██████
████▀▀▀█████████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄███████
█████████████████▄▄▄████
█████████████████▀█████
████████████▀██▀████████
████████████████████████

███████████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████▀▀▀
▀▄
▌░░▐▌
█████▄▄█
████████▄
████████▌
███████
███████
██████
██████
█████
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
..Play Now..
[
Stormspirit

Activity: 642
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 01:16:48 AM

i see marked for delisting on c-cex very soon Cheesy
sdmathis

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 02:50:15 AM

Wow. I've never seen a coin crash and burn so fast. This is disappointing.

EBK1000
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

A Wound in Eternity

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 02:56:40 AM

You guys read this https://c-cex.com/?id=ico
those are C-cex new ICO rules. C-cex is putting their future on the line here.
That buy wall goes up. Make your own decision, but I bought.
This has to classified as zero to no risk. Given there now is an exit opportunity.
Just my 2 satoshis.  Cool

Thats all well and good but what happens after 5 days when the devs get 45-3 BTCs and go on a holiday? The blockchain runs and everything is fine until everyone looses interest and the coin dies. The 50% buy-wall goes down after 5 days.

See point 7 from C-Cex:

7. Due to recent scams and other negative events, C-CEX can no longer vouch for coin developers. There is no way to verify a developer's identity or to prosecute an individual or team that abandons the projects or otherwise does not adhere to the stated ICO/coin terms without having a substantial legal infrastructure which we can not provide.

I.e. if the dev keeps it up for 5 days he is home free...

No change really expect you appear to have a 5 day cool-off period but after that you're on your own...

As I told you, scam, price is tanking and dev is running away right now

Soooooooon...............
_ronan_

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 03:02:29 AM

So much Fail.. Who called it? Wink

THE END

PayCon PFN3TzwaYc4CXQoDaETXfBApSbBiJrAPZC

In PayCon we trust
omegadevteam (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 03:16:19 AM

This has to classified as zero to no risk. Given there now is an exit opportunity.

Thats all well and good but what happens after 5 days when the devs get 45-3 BTCs and go on a holiday? The blockchain runs and everything is fine until everyone looses interest and the coin dies. The 50% buy-wall goes down after 5 days.

See point 7 from C-Cex:

7. Due to recent scams and other negative events, C-CEX can no longer vouch for coin developers. There is no way to verify a developer's identity or to prosecute an individual or team that abandons the projects or otherwise does not adhere to the stated ICO/coin terms without having a substantial legal infrastructure which we can not provide.

No change really expect you appear to have a 5 day cool-off period but after that you're on your own...

We are not running away. As a matter of fact we just helped our first vendor to setup an account and he is already testing the website, we are in here for the long run and have a lot of stuff coming. Keep an eye on Omega.
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 03:18:16 AM

How did it dump so quickly? that's like a 90% loss in under 24 hours
_ronan_

Activity: 72

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 03:29:12 AM

PayCon PFN3TzwaYc4CXQoDaETXfBApSbBiJrAPZC

In PayCon we trust
sdmathis

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 03:36:32 AM

I've never seen anything like it. Very strange.

speedy1987

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 03:50:48 AM
Last edit: February 03, 2015, 04:42:42 AM by speedy1987

It looks like a smart cashout of ICO funds..... or 90% of investors are kids   Grin
EDIT: Or market manipulation. Possible rebound.... BUT I´m not going to risk that.
sdmathis

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 04:06:11 AM

It looks like a smart cashout of ICO funds..... or 90% of investors are kids   Grin
EDIT: Or market manipulation. Possible rebound.... BUT I´m not going to risk that.

I've already lost 90% of my investment. It couldn't get much worse, so I'll stick around and see what happens.

kryptologist

Activity: 714

@kryptographer

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 05:04:34 AM

please tell me no one bought this but the devs
syclone

Activity: 755
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 06:20:11 AM

See point 7 from C-Cex:

We are not running away. As a matter of fact we just helped our first vendor to setup an account and he is already testing the website, we are in here for the long run and have a lot of stuff coming. Keep an eye on Omega.

The Dev has 14 posts... christ sake. 
spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2015, 10:59:10 AM

ICO price was 2300 satoshi, but people are currently buying it at 399. That's not 90% loss... it's 575%.

goodtodeclare

Activity: 68

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 11:30:58 AM

I dont see anything innovative about this coin.  Sad

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: