Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:48:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mods killing an hardware manufacturers poll  (Read 4054 times)
Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 07:07:12 AM

I'm not going personal. I want simple answers to simple questions.

Fair enough. In the mean time, let me remind you theymos' suggestion:

Post the polls in Archival, and lock all of them. Then link to the polls from one topic in Hardware.

...then I'd be glad to reinstate my votes Wink

I'm not trying to troll just wondered the timeline of what happened for it to be removed.  I know this forum is a place I do enjoy, and it is a "Privilege" not a "Right" to be able to use the site.  I just wish on a incident like this the community was not so in the dark.

And I'm not saying you are.

Yes, I think that plain deletion of these polls without any comment from the mods was kind of brutal. However, after theymos' answer, I would assume good faith from the mods, i.e. not make it a big deal, and just move forward. Even if Dogie were indeed the one reporting philipma1957's polls, 1) it's not public information, and 2) it doesn't really make any difference, does it?

Nicely put. Let's have some transparency about what happened.
I think that it's very important.

Wait and see, I guess Smiley
It's up to Philip to decide if he wants to do the poll again.

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 07:08:43 AM

Look at it from my presepective:
The poll questions were DELETED, not moved.
It's unbelievable hostile action.

We get it.  You paid good BTC for those polls and are upset they got nuked from space.

But deploying minions to spam the HW sub is also an arguably "hostile action" and will predictably result in moderation.

Again, I suggest you

instead of being a Spamdoolie.

You have a successful ASIC company and should have much better things to do than badger Thermos.

If you need help brainstorming ideas, let us know.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 07:13:24 AM

Look at it from my presepective:
The poll questions were DELETED, not moved.
It's unbelievable hostile action.

We get it.  You paid good BTC for those polls and are upset they got nuked from space.

But deploying minions to spam the HW sub is also an arguably "hostile action" and will predictably result in moderation.

Again, I suggest you

instead of being a Spamdoolie.

You have a successful ASIC company and should have much better things to do than badger Thermos.

If you need help brainstorming ideas, let us know.
No, I didn't pay good BTCs for the polls.
I asked Philip what he wants for running it, he wanted token payment. He also stated that he'll donate it.

Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 07:15:31 AM

I'm not trying to troll just wondered the timeline of what happened for it to be removed.  I know this forum is a place I do enjoy, and it is a "Privilege" not a "Right" to be able to use the site.  I just wish on a incident like this the community was not so in the dark.

Yes, I think that plain deletion of these polls without any comment from the mods was kind of brutal. However, after theymos' answer, I would assume good faith from the mods, i.e. not make it a big deal, and just move forward. Even if Dogie were indeed the one reporting philipma1957's polls, 1) it's not public information, and 2) it doesn't really make any difference, does it?

I will do this last post before I let it cool down and see how it plays out.  I am not wanting to become a troll.

If you will read my whole last post I ask for transparency, please re-read my previous comment.  I have not said a name and will not, as again i can just suspect.  I do think it is important on how it happened, this is why I think being open is easier.

If you read "Post the polls in Archival, and lock all of them. Then link to the polls from one topic in Hardware."   Why were threads not moved to there instead of being deleted?
Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 07:17:57 AM

Having 6 open topics about the same thing isn't OK. It's not fair to people who read/post other topics, since they'll tend to have a disadvantage when it comes to position in the topics list.

Post the polls in Archival, and lock all of them. Then link to the polls from one topic in Hardware.
Thank you for the explanation and the solution how to do the poll.

However, it raises more questions:

Why not simply to move the poll questions to Archival and ask Philip to change his post ?
Why the aggressive delete without any explanation ?
Are you covering for another mod action with an explanation after the fact ?
Was the deleting was done due to another Dogie complain ?

Back to topic. Can I get some transparency about what happened and get simple answers to simple questions?

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 07:26:19 AM

Having 6 open topics about the same thing isn't OK. It's not fair to people who read/post other topics, since they'll tend to have a disadvantage when it comes to position in the topics list.

Thank you for the explanation and the solution how to do the poll.

However, it raises more questions:

Why not simply to move the poll questions to Archival and ask Philip to change his post ?
Why the aggressive delete without any explanation ?
Are you covering for another mod action with an explanation after the fact ?
Was the deleting was done due to another Dogie complain ?

Back to topic. Can I get some transparency about what happened and get simple answers to simple questions?

You already got transparency about what happened and simple answers.

Now you are demanding a proprietary right to discipline moderators and detailed answers with exhaustive explanations.

That reflects poorly on Spamdoolies otherwise perfect record.

You really should

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
railzand

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 07:31:53 AM

More spondoolies spam? There's no conspiracy here for once. Spam gets deleted. Grow a thicker skin - it's in the newbies advice thread.

This is a tough time of year for all us jews, but these aren't the nazis you're looking for.

BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

Activity: 1210
Merit: 1024

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 07:39:02 AM

I've been around here for over 3.5 years and can tell you this 100% certainty.

Posting six nearly identical threads will get them deleted no matter where they are.

In addition most people would be banned for a few days.

~BCX~
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 08:23:24 AM

I will do this last post before I let it cool down and see how it plays out.  I am not wanting to become a troll.

If you will read my whole last post I ask for transparency, please re-read my previous comment.  I have not said a name and will not, as again i can just suspect.  I do think it is important on how it happened, this is why I think being open is easier.

If you read "Post the polls in Archival, and lock all of them. Then link to the polls from one topic in Hardware."   Why were threads not moved to there instead of being deleted?

Because spam gets deleted. If you want specific action like this taken you need to work it out with a moderator beforehand. Not just post it and hope they deal with it the way you hope they will.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 08:30:28 AM

Because spam gets deleted. If you want specific action like this taken you need to work it out with a moderator beforehand. Not just post it and hope they deal with it the way you hope they will.
Those threads contained poll questions and forum members took the time to answer them.
They weren't spam.
Granted, Philip posted them in the wrong place.
Can I get answers to my questions?

I'm getting strong sense of coverups and excuses after the fact for a very brutal / hostile mod action directed to hurt us due to the poll results.

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 08:36:20 AM

-snip-
Those threads contained poll questions and forum members took the time to answer them.
They weren't spam.

Mods (as well os other members reporting them) seem to think differently. Theymos even gave you an explanation why in his opinion they are spam.

In my experience: Nope you wont. You seem to take it way to personal anyway.

I'm getting strong sense of coverups and excuses after the fact for a very brutal / hostile mod action directed to hurt us due to the poll results.

Thanks for making my point.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 08:39:59 AM

No, I didn't pay good BTCs for the polls.
I asked Philip what he wants for running it, he wanted token payment. He also stated that he'll donate it.

Roll Eyes

You already got the answer to your question, which was "because spam gets deleted."  There is no conspiracy against you, just normal forum rules.

At this point, you need to stop digging and start doing damage control.  I suggest a 'Sorry Thermos' apology thread.

Your company has a lot of goodwill in the community (a rare thing) and this is a ludicrous issue to waste it on.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 08:41:09 AM

-snip-
They weren't spam.

Mods (as well os other members reporting them) seem to think differently. Theymos even gave you an explanation why in his opinion they are spam.

In my experience: Nope you wont. You seem to take it way to personal anyway.

Thanks for making my point.
The correct action would have been to move the poll questions and not deleting them without explanation.

As time pass and I don't get real answers and transperacy about what happened, I admit that my suspicious grows.

Guy

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 08:53:48 AM

As time pass and I don't get real answers and transperacy about what happened, I admit that my suspicious grows.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
mavericklm

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 09:06:27 AM

go away iCEBREAKER!!!!! nobody wants you on this forum besides other trolls like you!
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 09:10:06 AM

go away iCEBREAKER!!!!! nobody wants you on this forum besides other trolls like you!

Do you believe there is a moderator conspiracy singling out poor Spamdoolies for oppression?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 09:14:03 AM

They weren't spam.

No, because you've already made up your mind, and I don't care enough to try and change it. Maybe someone else will, maybe they won't.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
mavericklm

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 09:30:42 AM

Do you believe there is a moderator conspiracy singling out poor Spamdoolies for oppression?

just go wash some dishes, change the engine oil, ride on a broom!
Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 09:32:26 AM

They weren't spam.

No, because you've already made up your mind, and I don't care enough to try and change it. Maybe someone else will, maybe they won't.
I didn't made up my mind. Please read the thread.
Direct question: Did you delete the poll posts ?

tss

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 09:42:09 AM

ok spamdoolie.. you have good equipment and great support.  don't throw it all away and become a spam monster.  it was enough when you had the giveaway and all hardware posts were yours.. but one poster and all those posts.. that's a bit much.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: