Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:21:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is minersource.net legit  (Read 7704 times)
blackarrow

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2015, 05:31:22 AM

Stay away from Minersource. They have stolen $1050000 from us, we're currently discussing with the police and lawyers.

We manufacture Bitcoin ASICs and Bitcoin mining equipment.
http://www.blackarrowsoftware.com
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 05:49:54 AM

I placed one order with them and had no problem, so I decided to place a second larger order and when it did not ship when promised, I asked for a refund and at first was told they could not process the refund due to their credit card processor reviewing all transactions. They offered to send me a company check but that sounded very fishy to me so I refused and called my credit card company and disputed the charge. I emailed Minersource, informing them I had disputed the charge and all of a sudden they processed the refund.

Very shady, I won't do business with them again. I was lucky and wont push my luck.
I remember yours it took me five failed attempts and a 30 minute phone call to Shopify to get your refund processed. I even provided you with the failed authorization numbers in your tickets.

You also didn't create a dispute with your credit card company, your order never showed a dispute pending.

I don't really like when a reseller goes into details of a customers sale.

Maybe it's just me and projects/businesses I have been part of.  I just cannot imagine publicly talking about a customers specific order with I'm guessing no permission from customer.
dogjunior

Activity: 407
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 06:07:06 AM

Stay away from Minersource. They have stolen $1050000 from us, we're currently discussing with the police and lawyers.

Pot calling the kettle black? LOL.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 06:36:59 AM

"I swear to you that that was the president's signature not penned by me that ordered all that popcorn."

The user BlackArrow has its own thread to tend to that has millions of dollars worth of orders on the line, but opts to come here and cry us a river over a supposed million-dollar money-grab by a scammer dude that helped raised tens of millions of dollars for Alex Sovu's Black Arrow's scam.

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 06:42:17 AM

Reading that again carefully:

14.We have completed the design and manufacture of the banners for the Texax Bitcoin Conference. http://texasbitcoinconference.com/ . This announcement confirms that we will be present there; Minersource, Our reseller from USA, will represent us.

... that means Black Arrow won't be there and their directors won't show up.

Minesource could be a victim of their scam or part of them, too. We're not sure who Minesource or Bobsag (is he from Minesource) is.

<snip?

Do we accept resellers?
Yes. In order to save our customers shipping costs, we will accept a company that wishes to become our reseller and proves that they are experienced and trustworthy.

Let's revisit Black Arrow's first trustworthy reseller, shall we?

From the desk of Bobsag3, a.k.a. Matt Carson, Black Arrow's first and #1 reseller for their miners.

<snip>

I never ended up moving to another warehouse in Rolla, just the one. We went right from small warehouse in rolla > denver warehouse in one move, early Jan.
We paid for every month, and if your in contact with who you should be to verify that kind of info, they will verify it. So yes, your blowing smoke up peoples asses.

And with that im done on the subject. I think people have seen im more than up front compared to most here- but lets stay on topic about BA, or about actual minersource orders.

Timeline of Matt Carson's datacenter locations. Originally posted in Black Arrow's self-moderated thread, but quickly deleted for being...wait for it..off-topic (and that I was trolling, so they claim). Black Arrow has proof that Matt Carson can NOT be trusted, but continue to use him as their official reseller in the US. If I were to use Tom Williams, of mybitcoin.com, as my official reseller for some product, stating that people change, would I be able to sell many product, Alex Sovu, of cardreaderfactory.com? Me, the asshole, no think so, yet...

BUILDING #1: Purchased the building, awaiting infrastructure.

Building was purchased today!
All the wiring and infrastructure equipment arrives tomorrow-Wednesday. Over 400lb. Poor UPS man

<snip>

Thanks- Ill be moving to a custom made facility here in under 3 weeks.

BUILDING #2: Moving to a better facility here (still in Missouri) located 90 miles away.

Major Update!

We will be moving to a much large, much better facility here by the end of the month. There may be a short down time (its only a 90mi drive) while being setup at the new facility, but we will not be turning anything off right up to the last minute.

Major Update!

We will be moving to a much large, much better facility here by the end of the month. There may be a short down time (its only a 90mi drive) while being setup at the new facility, but we will not be turning anything off right up to the last minute.

Building acquired Smiley

I cant answer on the software but I can on the shipping. Looks like the boards should be done here within 48 hours, and then will be dispatched after a small amount of testing to AUS, and me in the US. At least from me, all boards will then be tested again (Not sure how long... suggestions?) and then immediatly shipped out same day via UPS Next Day/2nd Day air [depending on location]. As soon as we know the boards are done, we can give  concrete delivery.

I'd sample test say 1/10th of the boards for a few hours on testnet.  That'd be my recommendation

Yeah I can do that. *might* be able to live stream, or atleast upload a ton of pictures.
I will be shipping from MO. Middle of the country, and if your anywhere close to me Im ok with local pickup Smiley.

And I just want to say guys - Barn has been working very hard behind the screens to bring this all together... this stuff is immensely complex.

Here we are, on November 18th, and Matt still has his datacenter in Missouri at the second facility:

<snip>

This is why I went from garage > warehouse > bigger warehouse. Heat is nuts.

Shenzhen, China    11/26/2013    8:05 P.M.   Departure Scan

Yea, but do the thumbs have any tracking info?  When you get the board delivery after a quick run though where are they coming from for you. I seem to expect California.
No idea on the thumbs- thats all Barn.
I will be shipping out from Central MO.

Does anyone have any details regarding power consumption. The genesis block calculator says expected power usage per unit to be 2100 watts. I am afraid for me that's not going to work. To be honest I was expecting something that would work on a residential 120v circuit. They also do not offer any hosting yet unfortunately.

I got ya covered Tongue
But yeah that is kind of silly. Im glad when I put my new facility together I decided to say fuck it and got all 240v

November 26th, edited on the 28th, Matt Carson is still in Missouri at the second facility: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=347732.msg3723600#msg3723600

bobsag3: Vetted Co-op member. World's lowest hosting fees for vetted miner hosting at a professional colocation hosting facility in Missouri!  Official Black Arrow US Reseller and US Distributor for Drillbit Systems. New Pres. of our Mining Operations arm of our LLC. Providing R19 and R19B miners to the GB Forum!

And still upgrading his second facility:

<snip>

No problem. Im having a 400A 240V pannel installed just for the 2kw+ miners that seem to be coming out.

On December 12, 2013, fresh back from China, Matt Carson posted the following... BTW, still located in Missiouri:

This makes no sense financially and if it's going to be hosted in a data center it should be using specialized GPU mining racks that can run more GPUs per motherboard/CPU.  You really need open racks and to use PCI-E riser ribbons if you want to build a GPU mining rig, using a desktop computer case makes no sense especially because heat is a huge issue with scrypt mining.  Also to be honest, scrypt mining is VERY finicky compared to SHA256 mining, you're talking about constant lockups and crashes if heat isn't perfectly controlled.  The amount of time that's going to go into keeping everything running is going to be much higher than with bitcoins and given how the Bitfury towers already caused a ton of problems I'm not sure the coop has enough manpower to keep racks of scrypt miners up and running.

The new facility comes with me also having hired 6 more people to help out. I am currently training them right now.

On December 13, Matt Carson hired additional staff to work at his Missouri-based datacenter, to date not mentioning Denver even once.

<snip>

I am working with them right now for me to help with their tickets, so we can get the response time much faster. I have hired additional staff that start work here in a few weeks, and I know they are working hard to improve their systems.

I cant speak on the refunds unfortunately, I am still discussing the options with them.

Four hours later, Matt mentions for the first the move to Denver, right after somebody ask about local pickup since he lives in KC. Did his new hires move to Denver with him?

We will offer local pickups- but we are moving to a massive new facility in CO, so pickups will have to be from there Smiley.

ALSO: I now have access to the BA ticket system, so if you need a response feel free to PM and I can at least check on the status for you.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=288012

We are all moved into the new place, lots of updates and pictures to come!

BUILDING #3:

Somewhere in Colorado, in some warehouse with 16-18 foot ceilings, ideally well-suited for bitcoin miners that love fiberglass dust sourced from the exposed insulation in the ceilings and walls, blown free from the constantly moving vortex of air due to the industrial-sized air conditioning unit(s). Whatever you do, don't open up that massive overhead door that's probably not well-sealed, otherwise you'll really have the dust a flying.

This has been the third time you're on record in stating that you only moved once. Care to try for a forth time?

~TMIBTCITW
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 07:59:03 AM
Last edit: January 30, 2015, 08:09:49 AM by Bicknellski

Pot calling the kettle black? LOL.

How much did "Minersource" take from other fabricators? That be an interesting question to investigate. My understanding is that BlackArrow wasn't the first to make such a claim.

Steer clear of Minersource. Drop ship units to India and then onward to Dubai or something like that. Sure you can find a freight forwarder to help you achieve that without having to deal with Minersource at all.

Have a look at the Technobit / Minersource fubar build black arrow chip build to give you all the information you need to know. Something stinks and that might not be Thomas S but is someone on the payroll there and with so many other options to get hardware you are BEST to AVOID Minersource, Technobit and Black Arrow.

Like I said go with SPtech to drop ship and rebundle in India or Singapore and then on to you.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
lowbander80
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 09:05:20 AM

I bought a miner that was hosted with Minersource
I have paid for the miner on 22/12/2014 and my seller informed immidiatelly
Minersource to sent the miner to me.
After 22 days Minersource called the shipping company to sent the miner to me

1) without cables and that was an sp-30 these are not easy to be found.
2) Full of dust ////BUT TOO MUCH DUST>>>>
3) Miner was without the SP logo it was blown away for some reason
4) Scratches all over the case.

This miner was a direct sending from SP to Minersource.

If you think from the above that you should trust them its your choise.

Zich
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2015, 09:10:32 AM
Last edit: January 30, 2015, 11:11:49 AM by Zich

I can't order it directly from the official website, because I live in Dubai, and we are not allowed to receive products shipped from that country. Because of political turbulence.

Any other website I can buy the SP35 that is legit and tried by community members here?

Thanks.

Bicknellski remind me the use of freight forwarder.
Try to find freight forwarder in Jordan. Ask if they can accept shipping from Israel then ship the good to UAE.
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 10:12:25 AM

If the goods are marked "Made in Israel" or if customs have half a clue (and they usually do) then I know for sure it doesn't matter where you are sending them from, you are in for a world of pain trying to get them into a country that restricts imports from Israel. I deal with sending stuff to Israel and the ME every month, its a PITA at the best of times, not worth having your goods impounded or sent back or even destroyed.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
Zich
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2015, 11:10:22 AM

If the goods are marked "Made in Israel" or if customs have half a clue (and they usually do) then I know for sure it doesn't matter where you are sending them from, you are in for a world of pain trying to get them into a country that restricts imports from Israel. I deal with sending stuff to Israel and the ME every month, its a PITA at the best of times, not worth having your goods impounded or sent back or even destroyed.

Ahh, it's seem UAE specifically restricted Israel good. https://united-arab-emirates.visahq.com/customs/

sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 11:11:28 AM

Gleb - I can verify that they did move from a relatively small Rolla facility directly to Denver. I'm located in Rolla, and found out they were here in town a few days before the move so I saw their facility (with only 400A 240V service) about the 2nd of January while the packup was underway. I don't know if that was the first or second or ninth or whatever location in town, but I know they weren't 90 miles away. For what that's worth.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
gbsray

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 12:57:40 PM

I placed one order with them and had no problem, so I decided to place a second larger order and when it did not ship when promised, I asked for a refund and at first was told they could not process the refund due to their credit card processor reviewing all transactions. They offered to send me a company check but that sounded very fishy to me so I refused and called my credit card company and disputed the charge. I emailed Minersource, informing them I had disputed the charge and all of a sudden they processed the refund.

Very shady, I won't do business with them again. I was lucky and wont push my luck.
I remember yours it took me five failed attempts and a 30 minute phone call to Shopify to get your refund processed. I even provided you with the failed authorization numbers in your tickets.

You also didn't create a dispute with your credit card company, your order never showed a dispute pending.

Yes, I did open a dispute with my card company but when you credited me, I did the appropriate thing and closed the dispute. I gave a fair account of my experience. It seems ordering from you guys is a crap shoot, some good and some not.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 02:06:09 PM

I can't order it directly from the official website, because I live in Dubai, and we are not allowed to receive products shipped from that country. Because of political turbulence.

Any other website I can buy the SP35 that is legit and tried by community members here?

Thanks.

Bicknellski remind me the use of freight forwarder.
Try to find freight forwarder in Jordan. Ask if they can accept shipping from Israel then ship the good to UAE.

Singapore or India be a better bet or Hong Kong. Plenty online and if you have a few Chinese or Indian nationals as friends it wouldn't be that hard.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2015, 04:55:44 PM

Haven't ordered from them recently.  Last time was when the S1's were out.  At that time they were very responsive and communicated well with any concerns.  They can't take the hit for BlackArrows f up, being a small new company I'm sure they had to use their own funds to please customers when BA didn't ship.  That said they are  invested in these forums actively and that's good enough for me.  Place a small order and see for yourself. @ Thomas_s - do wish your website was kept up to date, notice old hardware lingering around with marked up prices from time to time.

Being small is not an excuse for breaking consumer law. When they ventured to profit from those transactions, they were also contracting themselves to customers. What happens in the sale between minersource and blackarrow has no bearing what so ever on the sales between customers and minersource.

Ermak

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 04:56:40 PM

I bought a miner, asked  (minersource.net ) them to correct paperwork that I had no problems at customs.
Seller arrange very bad and not literate I had problems at customs and I paid the penalty(((((((((

Very bad attitude towards buyers, the seller becomes indifferent to all your requests and treatment needed to support, after payment I began to ignore my requests in support .....

padrino
Legendary

https://www.bitworks.io

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2015, 04:59:32 PM

I bought a miner, asked  (minersource.net ) them to correct paperwork that I had no problems at customs.
Seller arrange very bad and not literate I had problems at customs and I paid the penalty(((((((((

Very bad attitude towards buyers, the seller becomes indifferent to all your requests and treatment needed to support, after payment I began to ignore my requests in support .....

To make sure I am reading it right, did you ask them to forge customs paperwork and you are upset because they didn't change the value of the item for you? Just want to make sure you are bitching because they would not commit a felony on your behalf... If I am reading it wrong then I apologize...

1CPi7VRihoF396gyYYcs2AdTEF8KQG2BCR
https://www.bitworks.io
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 05:00:07 PM

Being small is not an excuse for breaking consumer law. When they ventured to profit from those transactions, they were also contracting themselves to customers. What happens in the sale between minersource and blackarrow has no bearing what so ever on the sales between customers and minersource.

Exactly! That's what shows how pathetic minersource is. They pass their problems on to their customers, rather than fix their problems. That's a horrible business and no one should risk their money on such a business.

Buy & Hold
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 07:43:44 PM

Gleb - I can verify that they did move from a relatively small Rolla facility directly to Denver. I'm located in Rolla, and found out they were here in town a few days before the move so I saw their facility (with only 400A 240V service) about the 2nd of January while the packup was underway. I don't know if that was the first or second or ninth or whatever location in town, but I know they weren't 90 miles away. For what that's worth.

You are correct. There was no second warehouse as Matt detailed, hence my post at the time and now depicting how he lied to his customer base at the time.

Care to guess which item in the above pic Matt packed up last when he vacated his lease for the Missouri warehouse to head to Colorado after reneging on the $20K USD loan from his mother?
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 03:51:47 PM

To the OP: you might see if you can talk raskul into shipping. He's selling an SP35 from the UK.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=941207.0

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8049

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2015, 04:07:30 PM

@ op   buy from bitmaintech   a few s-5's

if someone gets the sp20 sp30 sp31 sp35 or sp10 into your home  in your country   you will be actively breaking the law have good from Israel

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀