Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:15:47 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: McDonald’s might start accepting Bitcoin soon  (Read 7472 times)
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2015, 08:56:57 AM

http://www.ibtimes.com/free-mcdonalds-how-win-pay-lovin-currency-1803124

The currency was "Lovin".

Yet Another Alt Coin (YAAC)

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
doggieTattoo

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 04:31:19 AM

I would eat a crappy chicken sandwich sand fries from them to support this if it happens.  I know people say this drives the market down, but long term this is turning into a legit alternative currency option.

Posted From bitcointalk.org Android App

Would eat some crappy potatoe fires from them too if they had accepted Bitcoin.

i think they should jump on it ,think of the userbase and its all profit from a new community of food eaters
people on localbitcoins would meet in mcdonalds to do trades etc and likely have buy food or drinks there

if burgerking or KFC does it first it will just make them look silly adding it 6 months later ,mcdonalds should be the leader of the pack and then the rest will follow
I really don't think McDonalds would see their sales increase very much from accepting bicoin. Their target market is very different from the 'average' bitcoin user. They may see increased foot traffic but most of that increased traffic will not result in sales

TIDEX ▬▬ .CRYPTO COINS AND ASSET TRADING. ▬▬ TIDEX
▬▬▰▰▬▬▰▰▰▬▬▰▰▰▬▬▰▰▰▬▬▰▰▬▬
NEW EXCHANGE   ZERO FEES
Cryptonitex

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 04:44:48 AM

As someone who actually works @ McDonalds, I don't think it's going to happen soon. Maybe in the next year or 2 it may happen. They would have to update their systems, or get whole new systems to accept BitCoin.
dhenson
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 04:48:08 AM

I personally hope they don't start accepting bitcoin.  I have a weakness for the filet o' fish sandwich that I'm able currently able to control.  If McD's starts to take my 'coin, my diet will be shot.
galdur

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 04:50:01 AM

That ad doesn't look like it'll be bitcoin.

If it is then... nah.

Plus, if they're randomly accepting it... Of course it wont be Bitcoin.

why could mcdonalds not accept btc  if dell ,microsoft ,newegg and overstock accept it ?

Indeed. I´m sure it´s just a question of time.

Cryptonitex

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 04:55:32 AM

Dell, microsoft, and newegg are online retailers. It's easier to process through a website than it is in the drive through @ McDonalds.
galdur

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 04:59:57 AM

Dell, microsoft, and newegg are online retailers. It's easier to process through a website than it is in the drive through @ McDonalds.

Well, I´ve got some cups of coffee etc. with bitcoin and it seemed mighty easy.

For MCD it´s just a question of will.

sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 05:05:45 AM

If they do it will be yet another place where Bitcoin can be spent to further reduce the price. I don't why this news excites holders.

Correct. Every purchase using Bitcoin will result in an immediate sell order to take the price down further. This has been the case with major companies 'accepting' Bitcoin in past. They don't actually 'accept' Bitcoin. They just make you easier for you to pay with Bitcoin. They convert the Bitcoins to fiat on the fly.

Only thing that can be a boost if they actually hold on to the BTC they accept.
galdur

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 05:12:19 AM

If they do it will be yet another place where Bitcoin can be spent to further reduce the price. I don't why this news excites holders.

Correct. Every purchase using Bitcoin will result in an immediate sell order to take the price down further. This has been the case with major companies 'accepting' Bitcoin in past. They don't actually 'accept' Bitcoin. They just make you easier for you to pay with Bitcoin. They convert the Bitcoins to fiat on the fly.

If MCD started accepting bitcoin it would result in pretty huge demand increase for bitcoin I guess.

monkeygang

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 05:20:17 AM

I personally hope they don't start accepting bitcoin.  I have a weakness for the filet o' fish sandwich that I'm able currently able to control.  If McD's starts to take my 'coin, my diet will be shot.

The other day I straight up ate 20 mcnuggets.. bitcons cant unclog arteries..

also, if they have escrow this will be devastating news for the hamburgler!

monkeygang.. you cant join. your already a member
Cryptonitex

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 05:21:04 AM

If MCD started accepting bitcoin it would result in pretty huge demand increase for bitcoin I guess.

not really. People aren't going to go out of their way to buy BitCoin to spend it @ their local McD's
galdur

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 05:25:40 AM

not really. People aren't going to go out of their way to buy BitCoin to spend it @ their local McD's

How would you know ?

It´s possible that the massive publicity for bitcoin from MCD accepting bitcoin would be harmful for bitcoin demand and I´m sure someone here knows this already. But I think it´d be a risk worth taking.

sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 05:28:47 AM

Not until Bitcoin transactions are super-easy like cash or credit cards
OR
Bitcoin provides some significant benefit for buyer to pay via Bitcoin.

Until then, the only people paying via Bitcoin would be the BitcoinTalk forum members.
galdur

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 05:34:50 AM
Last edit: February 11, 2015, 06:04:17 AM by galdur

If it makes business sense to MCD they´ll do it. And they won´t consult BCT know-it-all-before-it-happens experts. Maybe for counter-indicator purposes but that´s unlikely.

MCD accepts BTC = Massive publicity and demand takes BTC to $150

MCD´s competitors and other big rings accept BTC = It´s a full blown crisis. BTC tanks to $100

Starbucks accepts BTC = Doomsday, BTC is months from ceasing to exist

catchcoin

Activity: 333
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 06:11:59 AM

MCD will consider this question seriously in 1 or 2 years I think.

galdur

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 06:18:56 AM

MCD will consider this question seriously in 1 or 2 years I think.

Well, when I learn that MCD may be considering accepting BTC I immediately think Ah, they have wind of some of the competition considering the same. And this will affect the speed of their decision making.

zetaray

Activity: 658

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 06:25:36 AM

It is plausible McDonalds' will start to accept bitcoin in selected stores in major countries as a marketing campaign. We know that global sales are dropping and they need a new breed of customers.

.CryptoTotal.com.
                              l█████████▇▀
                              ████████▇▀
                              ███████▇▀
                              ██████▇▀
                              █████▇▀
                              ████▇▀
                              ███▇▀
                              ██▇▀
                              █▇▀
                              ▇▀
▇▇
▇▇

Express.Crypto.Checkout
Accepts Multiple Cryptos
Worldwide Shipping
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 06:26:25 AM

If it makes business sense to MCD they´ll do it. And they won´t consult BCT know-it-all-before-it-happens experts. Maybe for counter-indicator purposes but that´s unlikely.

MCD´s competitors and other big rings accept BTC = It´s a full blown crisis. BTC tanks to $100

get your head outtta your ass .......starbucks = doomsday LOL
galdur

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 06:32:10 AM

Just making fun of the experts around here. Idiots that have told others to hodl a tanking BTC for a year now. No wonder that they now think that publicity and demand will lead to a fall in price.

CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 06:53:08 AM

Just making fun of the experts around here. Idiots that have told others to hodl a tanking BTC for a year now. No wonder that they now think that publicity and demand will lead to a fall in price.

i bought 5K btc in the $2 range and hodled them by accident (forgot about  them until i seen bitcoin on tv in the november  2013 rapid uprising )

luckiliy i was able to retrieve the wallet they were in and when it finally synced a few k was worth  5-6 million usd and i nearly had a heart attack, i havent worked a day since

the point of the story is ,there is nothing wrong with hodling for a year or 2

$200 coins in a 2 years will likely be $2000 coins ,maybe a bit later or maybe even  sooner but i cant stress enough these are still early days ,we are all still early adopters

miss another  train if you like but dont complain about it because we have had ample "cheap" months to acquire  some btc
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: