Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:40:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: McDonald’s might start accepting Bitcoin soon  (Read 7468 times)
Cryptonitex

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 06:22:18 PM

McDonalds will not be accepting BitCoin anytime soon. You'll be hearing about it tomorrow. They will be accepting apple pay, google wallet and something called soft card.

Give the mainstream time. I'm not sure if it would even be a good idea something like McDonalds started accepting bitcoin right now. They would likely get next to zero sales and probably only think there's no demad for it and end up removing the option.

They would likely get next to zero sales

Why would that be ?

Why do you think? How many bitcoin users are there? Not many. How many will go to mcdonalds. A tiny fraction of a percent. How many Mcdonalds restraunts are there? Gazillions. If they did accept bitcoin I'd bet most stores would likely never even get a paying customer.

No, I meant that there are 35,000 McDonalds locations in the world.

That's true. Not a Gazillion, only 35,000 or so. And like I said, I work there and they have been accepting NFC payments about 2 years BEFORE Apple pay, but not many people pay with their phones, especially in drive through because the customer has to give me their phone to do the transaction because the NFC reader can't reach a retarded driver that can't pull up close enough to reach the reader with their phone. Will you give me your phone when you have to make a BitCoin transaction? Probably not!

Only what Apple does is cool, that's the society we live in.

35,000 people are using bitcoin ? You can´t be serious.  Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cryptonitex

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 06:23:14 PM

McDonalds will not be accepting BitCoin anytime soon. You'll be hearing about it tomorrow. They will be accepting apple pay, google wallet and something called soft card.

Give the mainstream time. I'm not sure if it would even be a good idea something like McDonalds started accepting bitcoin right now. They would likely get next to zero sales and probably only think there's no demad for it and end up removing the option.

They would likely get next to zero sales

Why would that be ?

Why do you think? How many bitcoin users are there? Not many. How many will go to mcdonalds. A tiny fraction of a percent. How many Mcdonalds restraunts are there? Gazillions. If they did accept bitcoin I'd bet most stores would likely never even get a paying customer.

That's true. Not a Gazillion, only 35,000 or so. And like I said, I work there and they have been accepting NFC payments about 2 years BEFORE Apple pay, but not many people pay with their phones, especially in drive through because the customer has to give me their phone to do the transaction because the NFC reader can't reach a retarded driver that can't pull up close enough to reach the reader with their phone. Will you give me your phone when you have to make a BitCoin transaction? Probably not!

Only what Apple does is cool, that's the society we live in.

35,000 people are using bitcoin ? You can´t be serious.  Grin

No, I meant that there are 35,000 McDonalds locations in the world.
galdur

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 06:24:51 PM

Sorry Cryptonitex. Brainlock here.

steven.G999

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 06:27:50 PM

The good news, and I always visit on weekend .

and would be pleased if the payment can be done with bitcoin
Cryptonitex

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 06:36:27 PM

Sorry Cryptonitex. Brainlock here.

It happens haha.
Cryptonitex

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 06:37:46 PM

The good news, and I always visit on weekend .

and would be pleased if the payment can be done with bitcoin

Sadily I don't think this is going to happen this time. Maybe within the next few months they will accept BitCoin.
galdur

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 06:50:04 PM

In any event; if a behemoth like MCD announces that it will accept Bitcoin you can be sure that the price will move quite fast and violently. The float is Tiny. Any serious buying volume comparable to Wall St. stocks it could jump by hundreds of dollars virtually within the hour.

CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 07:59:40 PM

the main reason they probably dont want it yet is a lot of the retards that work there can barely make a normal transaction with cash

they have a lot of people just working summer or casual jobs that dont have clue what thyre doing and the cost to train the ever changing staff in 35,000 branches how to handle a bitcoin tranaction at this time probably doesnt seem worth it in a cost/ reward ratio

hopefully the will see it and embrace it but i dont think a corporation that size will jump in for just a few potential users

any extra burgers they would sell in btc at the moment would not cover the staff training at this point IMO so it would have to be a "for the future " to get it installed 
OpenOcean

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 04:24:21 PM

Great for adoption if it's true, especially since it would be in the purchase of non-computer goods. That would diversify the products available for sale even more so than what's already out there.

Unfortunately this diversification would have people getting fatter and unhealthier... then again that's not bitcoin's fault.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2015, 04:29:01 PM

But it won't be available in my country. McDonald does not even do home delivery when my house is just 15 minutes from the outlet. I want Dominos to start accepting bitcoin as it will be more useful.

croato

1BkEzspSxp2zzHiZTtUZJ6TjEb1hERFdRr

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 07:02:47 PM

It would be great for better addoption but i dont think McDonalds will do that anytime soon. Bitcoin must first grow and become more stable price wise before you pay your junk food with it.
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 07:06:14 PM

They should accept Dogecoin for their Dogeburgers.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
PolarPoint

Activity: 672

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 07:16:52 PM

If McDonalds have announced they are accepting a "digital currency", it will have to be bitcoin. There is no other alternative. If it is a new payment method they are working with credit card companies, they wouldn't be calling it "digital currency".
jeffhuys

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 07:18:29 PM

If McDonalds have announced they are accepting a "digital currency", it will have to be bitcoin. There is no other alternative. If it is a new payment method they are working with credit card companies, they wouldn't be calling it "digital currency".

They might call it a digital currency just for marketing purposes, though.

randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 07:23:26 PM

It would be great for better addoption but i dont think McDonalds will do that anytime soon. Bitcoin must first grow and become more stable price wise before you pay your junk food with it.

they will use something like bitpay to directly convert the bitcoins.
if they want they can use it right now. but i think it is just a fantasy.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 07:28:28 PM

the main reason they probably dont want it yet is a lot of the retards that work there can barely make a normal transaction with cash

they have a lot of people just working summer or casual jobs that dont have clue what thyre doing and the cost to train the ever changing staff in 35,000 branches how to handle a bitcoin tranaction at this time probably doesnt seem worth it in a cost/ reward ratio

hopefully the will see it and embrace it but i dont think a corporation that size will jump in for just a few potential users

any extra burgers they would sell in btc at the moment would not cover the staff training at this point IMO so it would have to be a "for the future " to get it installed 
Honestly, this is probably one of the most logical responses here.

Most cashiers these days can't count out change, and they're only interested in a few months of work, not being a full time employee, often due to school restrictions. So the cost of training the cashiers would be completely wasted, and there would be a small ROI with the proportional users of Bitcoin in comparison to the population that uses cash/credit/debit.

As great as it would be to have such a company start accepting Bitcoin, with both the social and financial implications, I (and many other people in this thread) think that the possibility of such a thing happening is really low.
CoinCidental
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 07:38:41 PM

price volatility doesnt matter anymore when there are services like bitpay to get the $ rate instantly that merchants could use

the car dealer who sold the lamborghini to goat did it this way IIRC but btc was around $1100+ then so that was a great time to buy a lamborghini for btc lol Smiley

even if hes already sold it he will make an easy couple of  hundred k profit ........
PenguinFire

Activity: 154

That Darn Cat

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 08:13:37 PM

But it won't be available in my country. McDonald does not even do home delivery when my house is just 15 minutes from the outlet. I want Dominos to start accepting bitcoin as it will be more useful.

I don't think they do home delivery anywhere bro.  Not that I know of anyway.

galdur

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 08:14:10 PM

Who knows, they might just start something like the bitburger, or the bitcoin meal, after they start accepting bitcoin.

Yeah, and washing it down with this ale would be perfect

CoinCidental
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 09:05:58 PM

I don't think they do home delivery anywhere bro.  Not that I know of anyway.

in thailand every mcdonalds delivers

freephone 1711 or order online http://mcdelivery.mcthai.co.th/menu.php?category=1

im sure they do it in other countries but i try to avoid eating that shit if possible Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: