Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 10:01:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ross Ulbricht Guilty of Everything  (Read 6619 times)
noddy2000

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

ELYSIAN | Pre-TGE 5.21.2018 | TGE 6.04.2018

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 01:29:26 PM

I am not finished reading this thread, but I already have one thing to say:
Everybody, who says he deserves it, because he attempted murder is a FUCKING IDIOT.
Attempted murder was not an accusation in this trial, it has no value whatsoever in this trial.

It might not have been relevant in this trial but it is relevant to his character, so they can think he deserved prison time based on that.

Have you listened to him speak? Read anything he wrote on the silkroad forums (were still up when I last checked but was a while ago). Have you seen his mother speak? His father? Anyone with 2 braincells knows that's an FBI fabrication. Intact, when was the last time the FBI told the truth? Intact, have they ever?

You're being very silly. Have you seen any evidence to suggest the FBI faked theirs? From what I read Ross was trying to blame it on someone else and act like a dumb patsy (which I guess was his best option as pathetic as it was). Anyone with 2 brain cells would know that his parents are biased sources and of course they would think he's innocent. His mother was shocked when she found out in court he admitted to creating it as he told them he had nothing to do with any of it, but of course people in this situation tell people what they want to hear and use every lie in the book to get off.

"My son would never hurt a fly. He's innocent" - Adolf Hitler's mother  Grin.

Haha, the Hitler project funded by monarchies and the rich all over the world was a very bad thing but Hitler was just a pawn. But I get the joke ;-)

Ross was not allowed to use witness's and evidence he wanted to because of the Judge, he never stood a chance. He asked for Andreas antonopolous as well to explain bitcoin and how transactions work but was refused that. He wasn't allowed to talk about his principles and refused pretty much everything g that would have helped him. It was so one sided and that's not a coincidence! Trust me, wait till you see the people who are going get in trouble over the coming years because of this president that's been set! They are going have a field day with it! And most people will think he's some murder plotter too because the msm as emphasised that the most to slander his character which is all false. The guys a god damn hero and the FBI,CIA and co have a large investment in the drug trade! THATS what this is all about.

The joke is, there is another 100 such sites that have taken over now and with things like open bazaar online (although beta) they've created the bittorrent of dnm's which was always going to happen

████████████████     ██                ██              ██    ▄████████████████      ████████████████     ▄████████████████▄    █████████████████▄
                     ██                ██              ██                                                                ██                    ██
                     ██                ██              ██                                                                ██                    ██
                     ██                ▀████████████████▀    ▄████████████████▄            ██             █████████████████     ██             ██
█████████████        ██                        ██                            ██            ██             ██             ██     ██             ██
██                   ██                        ██                            ██            ██             ██             ██     ██             ██
██                   ██                        ██                            ██            ██             ██             ██     ██             ██
████████████████     ████████████████          ██             ████████████████▀     ████████████████      ██             ██     ██             ██

█     █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █

█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█     █

█     █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █

█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█     █
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████████████████▀▀  █████
█████████████▀▀      ██████
██████████▀▀    ▄     ███████
███████▀▀     ▄█▀     █████████
███▀▀      ▄██▀       █████████
█████▄    ██▀        ██████████
████████ █          █████████
███████ █ ▄███▄▄   ████████
████████████████▄▄███████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
TOKEN GENERATION EVENT
JUNE 4 UNTIL JUNE 24  [ WHITEPAPER ]
[TWITTER] [FACEBOOK] [REDDIT] [STEEMIT]
turvarya

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 02:27:35 PM

Everybody, who says he deserves it, because he attempted murder is a FUCKING IDIOT.
Attempted murder was not an accusation in this trial, it has no value whatsoever in this trial.

It might not have been relevant in this trial but it is relevant to his character, so they can think he deserved prison time based on that.

It was relevant in this trial. The "hits" were part of silk road business when he wasn't running the site according to him.
You booth are retards.
It is not part of his prison time, since there is another trial for that, which will add to his prison time.
It doesn't matter, if it was "part of the silk road business", because he isn't accused for "silk road business", he is accused for pretty specific cases(drug selling and money laundering)
His character doesn't matter for the question, if he is guilty. It could be taken in account for his prison time.
Seriously. We are talking here about pretty basic rule of law stuff.

https://forum.bitcoin.com/
New censorship-free forum by Roger Ver. Try it out.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 04:18:33 PM

Who has Ross harmed or damaged? Where is the harm or damage? If the people who were harmed or damaged can't step forward, express and show the harm or damage, have witnesses to the effect, and prove that it was Ross that harmed or damaged them, there shouldn't even be a case, and certainly not a guilty verdict.

http://voidjudgments.com/

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=946095.msg10370599#msg10370599

Smiley

We are not required to follow most of the laws in the United States or the States, including the ones Ross is accused of. Why not? For at least two very good reasons. They and a third are:

1. The laws are written in legal language. Even though legal language looks like plain English, often it has very different meanings. In addition, there are all kinds of court cases regarding the legal language that even the attorneys and the judges often can't wade through to get a correct understanding. There is no way this can apply to us, because we don't understand it even when we think we do and even while we are saying that we do.

2. No matter how hard we try, we can never go to the people who wrote the laws and ask them exactly what they meant by the laws that they wrote. So, how does anyone even know if the laws are conveying what the writers wanted.

3. Ross was never really accused of breaking a law. The law wasn't evidenced in court. At best, there was a "Code" evidenced in court. A Code is a shortening of the law to make it easier to understand. The codes are published by a company in Canada. To shorten the laws that have been passed, they have to interpret the laws correctly. How does anyone know if they interpreted the laws correctly?

The point is, even though it looks like Ross broke some laws, and even though the jury has been convinced that Ross has broken some laws, no laws were evidenced into the court. It is all an interpretation placed on codes that may or may not reflect what the law is. Then, this reflected stuff was twisted to harm Ross even though there was nobody who came forward to say that Ross harmed him.

Close to all the convictions that are done without a victim that was actually harmed or damaged, are flawed convictions. They are almost like a king sitting on his throne and pronouncing judgments at his every whim.

Wake up and see that Ross and everyone need to stand man to man, present in the courts without legal representation (they can have  friend sit at their side to help them with legal questions). This is the only way to to beat their laws, which really don't apply to us.

One other thought. If you are guilty of hurting someone or damaging his property in ways that you can not pay for, it might be better for you to accept the standard method of representation. Often maximum penalties imposed by law are easier on you than a harmed or damaged person might bring you under.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
bitkilo
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2015, 05:51:28 PM

Have you listened to him speak? Read anything he wrote on the silkroad forums (were still up when I last checked but was a while ago). Have you seen his mother speak? His father? Anyone with 2 braincells knows that's an FBI fabrication. Intact, when was the last time the FBI told the truth? Intact, have they ever?
IMO you seem like a smart person noddy who is open minded and has a lot to say on this subject.
I also beleive Ross is a hero and just a fall guy.

Nobody answered my post a few pages back regarding these chat logs between Ross and others not being in PGP, do you really think anybody talks openly over the net about murder without using it? If they did use PGP its never been explained how the authorities even had access without the whole sitch being setup from day 1 to make Ross look likt the devil himself.

Of course the CIA and other agencies run drugs all over the world if they didn't then all drugs would be legal and the US would be debt free. Remember the plain that used to fly Bush around, sold to Barry Seal then sometime after crashed because it was overloaded with about 4 ton of coke on board?
Not even the FBI/CIA trolls here would know 1% of what really goes on in the drug market.

Mexico and USA are at war as we speak and its all got to do with who ends up with the drug profits.

Noddy2000, i think you should start a new thread about all this and it could continue forever, just remember to keep that mind of yours open regarding all matters. The governments around the world do run 99% of all drugs but there at the top, people like vendors on SR and alike wouldn't have a clue who supplies their drugs and probably don't care.

Edit: BADecker you seem to know what your talking about also IMHO.
Drugs do harm people but i've never heard of a dealer forcing someone to take their drugs until addicted just so they have a new customer, and trust me i know ALOT about drugs and addiction.

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 07:21:05 PM

Well, the good news for him is he can find plenty of drugs in prison. There's no need for a hidden marketplace where he's going. Murder for hire only costs a carton of cigarettes. It's real easy to score sex too. I guess prison is perfect for him because everything he loves is available in one place. lol

I doubt being butt-fucked by a big black man is on his list of life's pleasures.

Could be wrong........ Shocked

I don't know but he is from San Francisco. For all I know he was in the middle of Folsom street giving blowjobs during the last Folsom street fair. LOL

Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 10:25:25 PM

It was relevant in this trial. The "hits" were part of silk road business when he wasn't running the site according to him.
You booth are retards.
It is not part of his prison time, since there is another trial for that, which will add to his prison time.
It doesn't matter, if it was "part of the silk road business", because he isn't accused for "silk road business", he is accused for pretty specific cases(drug selling and money laundering)
His character doesn't matter for the question, if he is guilty. It could be taken in account for his prison time.
Seriously. We are talking here about pretty basic rule of law stuff.

When your entire defense is "i wasn't running silk road at that time" evidence on your computer of you running silk road at that time is pretty relevant. The journals talked about all the other stuff that he did on silk road at that time, and that was read into evidence, but people in the media and observers ran with the murder stuff because it's more interesting than all the other nonsense that goes into silk road.
M28MmickT

Activity: 433

BTG CEO

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 10:39:26 PM

Kids say no ta drugs!

Imagine all the people that could not get hold of pure black tar, 80% coke etc who may even be young young and stupid as we are and got hooked threw the ease of buying from silkroad,

I know of one person that died threw a over dose after spending all his Bits from mining on that crap, R,I,P
to him.

Good riddance to that scumbag who was found guilty, yes you can buy from anywhere but not at that grade where harm gets multiplied by xamount.

Good luck to the addicts created threw that chaos of a site, may you be saved the pain and suffering i and many of you would have seen.

Come-In-Behind

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 12:59:42 AM

You're being very silly. Have you seen any evidence to suggest the FBI faked theirs? From what I read Ross was trying to blame it on someone else and act like a dumb patsy (which I guess was his best option as pathetic as it was). Anyone with 2 brain cells would know that his parents are biased sources and of course they would think he's innocent. His mother was shocked when she found out in court he admitted to creating it as he told them he had nothing to do with any of it, but of course people in this situation tell people what they want to hear and use every lie in the book to get off.

"My son would never hurt a fly. He's innocent" - Adolf Hitler's mother  Grin.

Haha, the Hitler project funded by monarchies and the rich all over the world was a very bad thing but Hitler was just a pawn. But I get the joke ;-)

Ross was not allowed to use witness's and evidence he wanted to because of the Judge, he never stood a chance. He asked for Andreas antonopolous as well to explain bitcoin and how transactions work but was refused that. He wasn't allowed to talk about his principles and refused pretty much everything g that would have helped him. It was so one sided and that's not a coincidence! Trust me, wait till you see the people who are going get in trouble over the coming years because of this president that's been set! They are going have a field day with it! And most people will think he's some murder plotter too because the msm as emphasised that the most to slander his character which is all false. The guys a god damn hero and the FBI,CIA and co have a large investment in the drug trade! THATS what this is all about.

The joke is, there is another 100 such sites that have taken over now and with things like open bazaar online (although beta) they've created the bittorrent of dnm's which was always going to happen

You seem like you're delusional with your conspiracies, or on drugs. Pick one. 

You went from the FBI always lies(Not saying that haven't, in the past they have done some crooked things, but here, clearly Ross is guilty), to Adolf Hitler's genocide being funded by the monarchies...
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 01:05:53 AM

Quote from: Come-In-Behind

You went from the FBI always lies(Not saying that haven't, in the past they have done some crooked things, but here, clearly Ross is guilty), to Adolf Hitler's genocide being funded by the monarchies...

Sometimes it's kind of scary to think that the people that post here are just walking around free. Since I started reading this forum I began looking at people on the street and wondering if they could be one of the mental defectives that post on this forum. lol

noddy2000

Activity: 388

ELYSIAN | Pre-TGE 5.21.2018 | TGE 6.04.2018

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 01:52:10 AM

Quote from: Come-In-Behind

Sometimes it's kind of scary to think that the people that post here are just walking around free. Since I started reading this forum I began looking at people on the street and wondering if they could be one of the mental defectives that post on this forum. lol

That's because you mind is closed due to all the programming and shit you shove down your necks! Not that you can avoid that shit these days. People like you who can't think out of the box (something the human brain is very good at, as its mass to body size is huge) are apart of the problem!

Arguing with stupid people will lower you to their level - mark twain

So bye

████████████████     ██                ██              ██    ▄████████████████      ████████████████     ▄████████████████▄    █████████████████▄
                     ██                ▀████████████████▀    ▄████████████████▄            ██             █████████████████     ██             ██
█████████████        ██                        ██                            ██            ██             ██             ██     ██             ██
████████████████     ████████████████          ██             ████████████████▀     ████████████████      ██             ██     ██             ██

█     █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █

█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█     █

█     █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █

█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█     █
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████████████████▀▀  █████
█████████████▀▀      ██████
██████████▀▀    ▄     ███████
███████▀▀     ▄█▀     █████████
███▀▀      ▄██▀       █████████
█████▄    ██▀        ██████████
████████ █          █████████
███████ █ ▄███▄▄   ████████
████████████████▄▄███████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
TOKEN GENERATION EVENT
JUNE 4 UNTIL JUNE 24  [ WHITEPAPER ]
[TWITTER] [FACEBOOK] [REDDIT] [STEEMIT]
koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 02:04:52 AM

All he had to do was close his laptop and he wouldn't have gotten prosecuted. How your life can change from little reactions/decisions.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 02:23:21 AM

When you are in a position like Ross was in the library, you need to have a layer of thermite placed above your hard drive. If you don't click a certain link before a minute elapses since the last time you clicked the link, the thermite ignites, and destroys your entire hard drive. You are the only one who knows about the click-the-link process. You better not forget to click.

If your hard drive goes up in flames for any reason, you can get your computer info back later, when it is safe, from encrypted clouds on the Net, where it can't be compromised.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
TheDreadPirateDickstein

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 02:28:16 AM

http://grandinquirer.com/?p=21

Special thanks to Tatiana Moroz

~We pray for justice and we want to be free~ Tatiana Moroz : “The Silk Road”

On June 18, 1971, President Richard Nixon introduced the infamous War on Drugs. The question of its efficacy several experts consider debatable; for instance, American opiate use is at an all time high, and America currently has the largest incarceration rate per capita of any “civilized” country in the world, largely due to marijuana prohibition. Dear liberty lovers, I will to you demonstrate not only the overt failure of the War on Drugs and its inability to curtail drug use, but more importantly, to demonstrate how a certain “economic experiment” named Silk Road completely undermined it…and also made the world overall a better place.

In February of 2011, a young man with a vision created an online marketplace called Silk Road that allowed for anybody to sell whatever product their heart desired. That visionary’s name is Ross Ulbricht; he himself was the site’s first vendor, selling his home grown magic mushrooms, much to the dissatisfaction of Mr. Nixon’s ghost. As its popularity took off, others realized they could circumvent the Federal Government’s unconstitutional War on Drugs as well. That site eventually grew to an extent so that any substance could be obtained directly through the mail, paid for with an anonymous currency called bitcoin (a subject for another time). This innovative marketplace had several consequences for drug users and sellers alike.

With the onset of Silk Road, no longer did “certain” individuals have to bring either guns of knives to purchase chemicals that our founding father Thomas Jefferson himself grew. Instead, all one needed to do was make a retrievable payment and await their product in the mail. None of these users and vendors EVER had to worry about fear of death, robbery, or even fraudulent transactions.

Silk Road did not only offer drugs, contrary to government propaganda, nor guns, nor child pornography. It offered merchandise like anti-biotics, anaesthesia, ebooks on how to make money etc. It was essentially a free and unregulated and BETTER ebay. It allowed users a safe way to access their product; it allowed those who can not afford Obamacare a way to access necessary medications to treat sickness and ailment; it allowed individuals who struggled with social skills to improve their ability to connect with others via its educational merchandise. That is to say, until it was shutdown by the Empire of the United States of America.

Silk Road was shut down in 2013 by the US government. They arrested Ross, and he currently awaits a sham-trial. Meanwhile, the US government ran off with millions of dollars of peoples assets, mine included. While the theft is unpardonable, now several users have no choice but to return to the streets and risk getting ripped off and jumped, as they feared before. However, Ross and his visions accomplishments will always be remembered.

Despite the shutdown of the Silk Road, it showed the US government the futility of its fascist and unconstitutional War on Drugs. Silk Road showed statist prosecutors like US district attorney Preet Bharara that in spite of his decrees, we will engage in free commerce whether he likes it or not. And with the creation of the new Silk Road and several spin offs like Agora marketplace, we showed him and his minions that they cannot stop freedom, they cannot stop the free exchange of goods, and most importantly…..they cannot stop us.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    delicia | delicia.io    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Decentralized Global Food Network | World's Only Solution to Food Wastage | Join Whitelist Now, Get 30% Bonus
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Whitepaper | Telegram | Medium | Twitter | FB | ANN    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
fonenumba

Activity: 411

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 02:29:20 AM

When you are in a position like Ross was in the library, you need to have a layer of thermite placed above your hard drive. If you don't click a certain link before a minute elapses since the last time you clicked the link, the thermite ignites, and destroys your entire hard drive. You are the only one who knows about the click-the-link process. You better not forget to click.

If your hard drive goes up in flames for any reason, you can get your computer info back later, when it is safe, from encrypted clouds on the Net, where it can't be compromised.

There are easier ways to implement a deadmans switch, but I like this approach. I might give this a go, I don't see how anything could go wrong.
Well you could set a library on fire
Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 02:33:42 AM

All he had to do was close his laptop and he wouldn't have gotten prosecuted. How your life can change from little reactions/decisions.

Or just listen to the great stringer bell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBdGOrcUEg8
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 02:44:23 AM

There are easier ways to implement a deadmans switch, but I like this approach. I might give this a go, I don't see how anything could go wrong.

Yes. Think things through well. Have a failsafe if practical. You might have a 10-second delay with a flashing icon that would remind you if you forgot. Line the inside base of your laptop with a layer of asbestos cloth. Test on an old hard drive ahead of time, to see how much thermite you would need. Use your head. Think the thing out clearly.

Obviously, Ross was smart enough to think these things out... if only he hadn't become overconfident.

Smiley

EDIT: There might be a business opportunity here, making thermite inserts for laptops.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 02:57:00 AM

Yeah and don't bring that puppy on a plane either or you'll have some explaining to do.

Yeah! And be careful how you carry it in your backpack.

Smiley

fonenumba

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 03:00:10 AM

My laptop gets hot enough to do that anyway, so its not an increased risk.

When the FBI try to steal my Bitcoins, signing all the dust transactions in my wallet will cause the laptop to heat up, detonating the thermite.
Probably not true (your laptop getting hot enough). If your laptop did get hot enough to burn down the library then it would likely melt.

Although the burning point of a HDD is lower then that of paper/wood it would be difficult to have a controlled enough burn so that your computer melts (which is essentially what will need to happen to sufficiently protect yourself) but the table/books around you do not catch fire.

Not only that but his work on the site likely would require him to remain concentrated for times of greater then one minute.

One potential similar solution would be for him to be required to enter his password ever n minutes (with n[/n] being a small number) or else the hard drive shuts down (which obviously has full disk encryption) and power is cutoff from the RAM)
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 03:15:56 AM

Actually, the thermite idea was one used back in the day before encryption became so widespread, like a couple of decades ago.

As for Ross, the way he was captured makes me wonder if the whole thing wasn't planned out. I wonder if the whole trial isn't a fake thing, designed to attack TOR, Bitcoin and the whole Internet - a false flag operation like 9/11 - and Ross is part of it.

Smiley

fonenumba

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 03:41:31 AM

My laptop gets hot enough to do that anyway, so its not an increased risk.

When the FBI try to steal my Bitcoins, signing all the dust transactions in my wallet will cause the laptop to heat up, detonating the thermite.
Probably not true (your laptop getting hot enough). If your laptop did get hot enough to burn down the library then it would likely melt.

Although the burning point of a HDD is lower then that of paper/wood it would be difficult to have a controlled enough burn so that your computer melts (which is essentially what will need to happen to sufficiently protect yourself) but the table/books around you do not catch fire.

Not only that but his work on the site likely would require him to remain concentrated for times of greater then one minute.

One potential similar solution would be for him to be required to enter his password ever n minutes (with n[/n] being a small number) or else the hard drive shuts down (which obviously has full disk encryption) and power is cutoff from the RAM)

I thought it was obvious we were using satire.

And yes you are right, that is a good solution, though the problem is it's not convenient, your security solutions need to be very convenient or else you're likely to turn them off. Something like that is going to slow down your work speed as you'll be constantly interrupted to enter a password, and everytime you enter the password you risk exposing it to any audio/video recording device or a shoulder surfer. On top of that someone only needs access to your powered on computer for a few seconds to defeat FDE, though LE have a standard procedure they must go through to keep everything forensically sound and that takes much longer than a few seconds.

Law enforcement cyberforensics are known to use mouse jigglers like this:
http://www.cru-inc.com/products/wiebetech/hotplug_field_kit/

These are a USB device that simulates a moving mouse to prevent the laptop from locking/shutting down when conducting forensics. What is great about these is that many of them use USB vendor ID's that software can easily detect Wink

Also, many laptops such as macbooks have a built in g-sensor, so if the laptop is suddenly moved or pulled away from you, it can easily be programmed to lock the screen or shutdown.

And what about voice commands, should something go wrong you could setup a voice command where you shout out a secret word and the laptop shuts down.

Another thing you can do is solder your RAM to the motherboard. Unless the forensics can get root on your machine or your motherboard has some way of DMA (such as firewire) that you didn't disable they will need to bring it to a lab to dump the RAM. This will take a couple of hours at least I'd say, so your solution would be very useful here.

And speaking of prying apart laptops, many laptops have sensors that can detect when the case has been opened.

The list of things he could've done goes on, but hindsight is always 20/20.
You think an attacker would only need access to your computer for a few seconds to copy an entire unencrypted hard drive?

If the encryption software were programmed to automatically encrypt the entire hard drive after n minutes with the absence of a password, then someone in the process of copying the hard drive would not be able to continue doing so after n minutes.

The software prompting a password would be based on time, not computer activity. The timer would be housed on some separate hardware that could not be controlled/manipulated without physically opening (and powering off) the computer. Instead of a password, it could be a very simply encryption system, something that can easily be "decrypted" by a person, for example the computer could display the word "bitcoin" and someone would need to input the numbers "2472646" (the telephone numbers that commonly have such letters engraved into them) - or maybe something slightly more complex.

Other solutions would be to have some kind of USB stick/drive that would serve as a kill switch in the event that it is unplugged, such USB drive would be tethered to either his wrist or neck so if the laptop is pulled away from him then it would be unplugged and the computer would shut down.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: