Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:41:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 1DkyBEKt5S2GDtv7aQw6rQepAvnsRyHoYM  (Read 85655 times)
LouReed

Activity: 732
Merit: 500

Nosce te Ipsum

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 03:08:29 AM

Looks like a simple click of the mouse reveals that the wallet is tied to the SR seized coins wallet. Check it out!

https://blockchain.info/address/1TarasQyKwPJRuod6qwh7n8BjMHC49ZNY

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
theonewhowaskazu

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 05:15:42 AM

Looks like a simple click of the mouse reveals that the wallet is tied to the SR seized coins wallet. Check it out!

That is weird, its only like 0.00000667 too. And its in multi-receiver transactions too. Its almost like the stolen coins are a change wallet or something. I don't get it  Huh

bitcoinBull
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

rippleFanatic

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 05:21:55 AM

That is weird, its only like 0.00000667 too. And its in multi-receiver transactions too. Its almost like the stolen coins are a change wallet or something. I don't get it  Huh

That's just one of many people sending small amounts to the seized address, with a message encoded. Its like blockchain graffiti intended for the FBI to read.

Blockchain.info decodes the messages and shows them as a "Public Note:". You see them all when you view the seized address:

https://blockchain.info/address/1F1tAaz5x1HUXrCNLbtMDqcw6o5GNn4xqX

College of Bucking Bulls Knowledge
SheHadMANHands
Legendary

Activity: 1168
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 12:32:12 AM

http://blockchain.info/address/1933phfhK3ZgFQNLGSDXvqCn32k2buXY8a

Also some movement on the 111,111 biggest addy - 2 depos added of exactly the same amount with large number of strange digits,

So not DPRs address?  I'm confused.
Chronikka

Activity: 658
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 12:41:14 AM

Call me when funds are leaving the address.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination"  -Albert Einstein
SheHadMANHands
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 05:05:40 AM

A neco thread was resurrected because it had a post by altoid. So I noticed a BTC address posted by altoid in some php bitcoind code: 1LDNLreKJ6GawBHPgB5yfVLBERi8g3SbQS.

I followed that address to another one, 1933phfhK3ZgFQNLGSDXvqCn32k2buXY8a, currently sitting with 111,111 BTC in it.

Can you detail how you navigated from:

1LDNLreKJ6GawBHPgB5yfVLBERi8g3SbQS (Altoid address) to
 1933phfhK3ZgFQNLGSDXvqCn32k2buXY8a (balance of 111,111 btc)

If there aren't many links between, that seems to say that 1933phfhK3ZgFQNLGSDXvqCn32k2buXY8a is a DPR owned address (unless I'm missing something).

It's still hard to believe he could lack such "street smarts" to post his name, email, and apparently a key public address that SR used on a public forum...
Chronikka

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 05:25:50 AM

A neco thread was resurrected because it had a post by altoid. So I noticed a BTC address posted by altoid in some php bitcoind code: 1LDNLreKJ6GawBHPgB5yfVLBERi8g3SbQS.

I followed that address to another one, 1933phfhK3ZgFQNLGSDXvqCn32k2buXY8a, currently sitting with 111,111 BTC in it.

If there aren't many links between, that seems to say that 1933phfhK3ZgFQNLGSDXvqCn32k2buXY8a is a DPR owned address (unless I'm missing something).

It's still hard to believe he could lack such "street smarts" to post his name, email, and apparently a key public address that SR used on a public forum...

Its not hard to do just click through the transactions and you'll get to it eventually. I found it on accident the first time. But the address 1933phfhK3ZgFQNLGSDXvqCn32k2buXY8a (balance of 111,111 btc) is currently the largest wallet in existence and people have speculated about it being DPR's or at least belonging to SR.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Bitcoin_Ladder#Top_addresses

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination"  -Albert Einstein
bitcoinBull
Legendary

rippleFanatic

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 06:10:00 AM

Its not hard to do just click through the transactions and you'll get to it eventually. I found it on accident the first time. But the address 1933phfhK3ZgFQNLGSDXvqCn32k2buXY8a (balance of 111,111 btc) is currently the largest wallet in existence and people have speculated about it being DPR's or at least belonging to SR.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Bitcoin_Ladder#Top_addresses

Right, just click through, following the biggest transactions. It was only about 10-20 hops iirc.

Ente
Legendary

Activity: 2126

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 12:43:49 AM

Right, just click through, following the biggest transactions. It was only about 10-20 hops iirc.

I quit after 60 hops. Maybe I took a wrong turn at the beginning though.

Seriously, more than a few hops pretty much means nothing. At least not until you run it through some taint analysis, or do fancy networking graphs.

Ente
SheHadMANHands
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 01:50:30 AM

Seriously, more than a few hops pretty much means nothing. At least not until you run it through some taint analysis, or do fancy networking graphs.

Ente

Likewise.  I'd love to see the actual click through the led from point (a) to point (b).
assortmentofsorts

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 07:07:01 PM

Ente

Likewise.  I'd love to see the actual click through the led from point (a) to point (b).

Here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=310600

If you want to tip: BTC 1KbjTUEfcziwMv7BMXcjmvNAKEpTJbZCsF
theonewhowaskazu

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 02:55:24 AM

Ente

Just FYI, if he decided to go and spend those Bitcoins on something, its very likely that he would have sent them all to one address & its similarly likely that they would remain unspent for extended periods of time. So, DPR likely does have something to do with the address, but saying its his address seems like a bit of a stretch.

assortmentofsorts

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 04:29:52 AM

Ente

Just FYI, if he decided to go and spend those Bitcoins on something, its very likely that he would have sent them all to one address & its similarly likely that they would remain unspent for extended periods of time. So, DPR likely does have something to do with the address, but saying its his address seems like a bit of a stretch.

Why would he send large quantities of bitcoins to someone elses address? Heck he did not even keep his close family members/friends in the loop. I think DPR trusted no one but himself. But he made his share of stupid mistakes.

theonewhowaskazu

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 04:31:02 AM

Ente

Why would he send large quantities of bitcoins to someone elses address? Heck he did not even keep his close family members/friends in the loop. I think DPR trusted no one but himself. But he made his share of stupid mistakes.

What if he just wanted to, you know, buy something? Or just sell the coins for fiat? What do you think, he just let all the money sit there?

assortmentofsorts

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 06:54:10 AM

Ente

What if he just wanted to, you know, buy something? Or just sell the coins for fiat? What do you think, he just let all the money sit there?

Honestly, I don't get what you are trying to prove here. I was reacting to this:

but saying its his address seems like a bit of a stretch.

I was just saying that, from my analysis, the two addresses should belong to the same person.

I don't care what he does with those coins (I don't think he has that choice anymore). I just was trying to make a connect between two addresses and see if they belonged to the same person. Doing this mostly for fun/learning. Not trying to prove anything.

SheHadMANHands
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 11:37:07 PM

Wow, thanks for linking that other thread...  very interesting.  Seems near certain that the "1933...." address is DPRs.

I can't believe he would post an actual address he used as part of SR on a public forum, asking for help.. 

And why did he put so much in one address, which would tend towards drawing unwanted attention?  Ego-drive to have the largest Bitcoin address in existence?

EDIT: Also, while it seems convincing that "1933..." is DPR's address based on the evidence, how would it play out in court?  Would the blockchain clues/network of transactions amount to "beyond a reasonable doubt"
Chronikka

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 04:32:19 AM

And why did he put so much in one address, which would tend towards drawing unwanted attention?  Ego-drive to have the largest Bitcoin address in existence?

I highly doubt it was a ego driven. DPR simply had a ton of coin and at the time most were put into that address (2012) the price of bitcoin was significantly lower. The wallet's value went up as bitcoin's value did and he just never moved the coins.

theonewhowaskazu

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 04:39:35 AM

Ente

Honestly, I don't get what you are trying to prove here. I was reacting to this:

I was just saying that, from my analysis, the two addresses should belong to the same person.

I don't care what he does with those coins (I don't think he has that choice anymore). I just was trying to make a connect between two addresses and see if they belonged to the same person. Doing this mostly for fun/learning. Not trying to prove anything.

I'm not trying to prove anything either. Look, I'm just saying that those coins could easily have been spent by DPR and given to the owner of said address rather than the entire address actually being owned by DPR. Thats all I'm trying to say. I'm not trying to prove anything, just pointing that out. There has been no real reason I've seen so far this  thread to suggest otherwise. It just seems like sort of a random leap to assume it must be DPR's address.

assortmentofsorts

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 05:30:01 AM

Ente

Likewise.  I'd love to see the actual click through the led from point (a) to point (b).

I'm not trying to prove anything either. Look, I'm just saying that those coins could easily have been spent by DPR and given to the owner of said address rather than the entire address actually being owned by DPR. Thats all I'm trying to say. I'm not trying to prove anything, just pointing that out. There has been no real reason I've seen so far this  thread to suggest otherwise. It just seems like sort of a random leap to assume it must be DPR's address.

Yeah, I assumed that too. But if you notice... the first ever transaction to that address was from DPR. What does that show? He either knew the owner of that address beforehand or he was himself the owner. Now if the owner of that address was someone else why isn't he spending his coins? Surely the owner is not simply hoarding coins for 2 years without spending a satoshi. That just doesn't seem likely. (I may be wrong... but its very unlikely to be someone else's address)

On the other hand, if we assume that the address was used for cold storage all the pieces fit. Unless DPR suddenly turned from mastermind of largest online drug market to a philanthropist its safe to assume that it is his address. Btw, I found another path to the same address (1933..) from 1DLN (for the 5000BTC).. its too lengthy and took my script a couple of hours to find it. I bet the FBI has better tools in its arsenal to find more such addresses (all it needs is a really efficient graph analysis engine and good processing power). I might still be wrong... but the evidence suggests otherwise.

bitcoinBull
Legendary

rippleFanatic

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 02:40:02 AM

Yeah, I assumed that too. But if you notice... the first ever transaction to that address was from DPR. What does that show? He either knew the owner of that address beforehand or he was himself the owner. Now if the owner of that address was someone else why isn't he spending his coins? Surely the owner is not simply hoarding coins for 2 years without spending a satoshi. That just doesn't seem likely. (I may be wrong... but its very unlikely to be someone else's address)

On the other hand, if we assume that the address was used for cold storage all the pieces fit. Unless DPR suddenly turned from mastermind of largest online drug market to a philanthropist its safe to assume that it is his address. Btw, I found another path to the same address (1933..) from 1DLN (for the 5000BTC).. its too lengthy and took my script a couple of hours to find it. I bet the FBI has better tools in its arsenal to find more such addresses (all it needs is a really efficient graph analysis engine and good processing power). I might still be wrong... but the evidence suggests otherwise.

What ente said above about it being hard to know anything from 3+ hops, is good advice. The 1933... 111,111 BTC address could also be a cold storage address for MtGox (look back a few pages in this thread, I was probably the last person to be convinced that 1DKy was actually an SR address rather than an MtGox address). Some cluster evidence and better comparisons would need to be made (how about comparing 1933.. to 1Dky.. versus the MtGox green address 1LNW..? Which path is shorter?) You know what about say about assumptions.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: