Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:58:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 56 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [SUP] Supcoin, PLUCK algorithm, Just Launched, Mine Now!  (Read 62183 times)
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2015, 11:58:08 AM
Last edit: February 10, 2015, 12:22:20 PM by djm34

hope you're actually pushing to gh and not leaving that fresh repo empty to mess with us ;-)

Lol I see I'm being watched closely Wink

I've made a TEST-ONLY copy of the code and uploaded it to github. ONLY USE THIS FOR GPU MINER DEVELOPMENT. When the real coin is released, this code WILL NOT sync or work and it's blocks will be incompatible. This is only for GPU miner developers to test their code against a real coin. The github repo for it is at https://github.com/supcoin/supcoin-TEST-ONLY and it should sync automatically with 1 node and 2 or 3 blocks.

Again, DEVELOPMENT ONLY. Do not download this and try to mine it because you think these coins will be worth something. The real release will be later on
so exactly when does it launch ?
Can you make windows binaries for the lazy devs ?

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
najzenmajsen

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 12:53:14 PM

Hoping this will work out good , nice with some new logo's just sucks i cant instamine them : >
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2015, 01:07:43 PM

there are definitely a few strange things in the algo code...   Grin

djm34 facebook page
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2015, 01:17:16 PM

earlz is starting to remind me a lot of r3wt...not a good sign

safetybitcoin

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 01:48:07 PM

It has been the new logo chosen?

b-trading

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 02:02:09 PM

any giveaway from this coin?
safetybitcoin

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 02:04:09 PM

I believe that it should be all mined.

earlz (OP)

Activity: 439

mmmmmm

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2015, 02:47:48 PM

Just cause I don't like the premise of your coins, doesn't mean I'm a scammer Wink

There is no giveaway other than the bounties
hope you're actually pushing to gh and not leaving that fresh repo empty to mess with us ;-)

Lol I see I'm being watched closely Wink

I've made a TEST-ONLY copy of the code and uploaded it to github. ONLY USE THIS FOR GPU MINER DEVELOPMENT. When the real coin is released, this code WILL NOT sync or work and it's blocks will be incompatible. This is only for GPU miner developers to test their code against a real coin. The github repo for it is at https://github.com/supcoin/supcoin-TEST-ONLY and it should sync automatically with 1 node and 2 or 3 blocks.

Again, DEVELOPMENT ONLY. Do not download this and try to mine it because you think these coins will be worth something. The real release will be later on
so exactly when does it launch ?
Can you make windows binaries for the lazy devs ?

I finally got Gitian working last night, so yea I can try and make a Windows wallet tonight for this code.

For reference, since I have Gitian working, at launch pre-compiled Linux, Windows, and Mac wallets will be available

Check out my full list of Coin Reviews
Currently working on the Qtum Project
My Skype account earlzdotnet has been compromised. Please report to me any usage seen from it, or from the email earlz@earlz.biz.tm
WEBcreator

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 03:33:30 PM

Just cause I don't like the premise of your coins, doesn't mean I'm a scammer Wink

well you are risking your reputation for a coin, hope u think about this deeply before, we will see what kind of coins will you bring us anyway, goodluck to you

███████▄▄        █████████████████
███████████▄     █████████████████
█████████████▄   █████████████████
██████████████▄  █████████████████
███████████████▄ ████████████████
████████████████ ████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
███████████████████████████▀▀
███████████████████████▀▀
███████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████████
████████████████ ████████████████
███████████████▀ ████████████████
██████████████▀  █████████████████
█████████████▀   █████████████████
███████████▀     █████████████████
███████▀▀        █████████████████
  Dbrain  ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

[

]
  ●  FACEBOOK
●    TWITTER 
●  TELEGRAM
earlz (OP)

mmmmmm

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2015, 03:39:41 PM

well you are risking your reputation for a coin, hope u think about this deeply before, we will see what kind of coins will you bring us anyway, goodluck to you

This is why I was clear to say this is a test and not trying to hype it. In a way it's contradictory too though.. I need it to be worth something so that the GPU miner bounties get done.. but I really don't want people to pour a ton of money into this and then blame me for losing money when price inevitably decreases.

Rule #1 about being an altcoin dev: you can't please everyone, and someone will always be pissed off at you(be it because price drops when they want to sell.. or price increases when they want to buy) ..

My Skype account earlzdotnet has been compromised. Please report to me any usage seen from it, or from the email earlz@earlz.biz.tm
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2015, 04:24:54 PM
Last edit: February 10, 2015, 04:52:50 PM by djm34

This is why I was clear to say this is a test and not trying to hype it. In a way it's contradictory too though.. I need it to be worth something so that the GPU miner bounties get done.. but I really don't want people to pour a ton of money into this and then blame me for losing money when price inevitably decreases.

Rule #1 about being an altcoin dev: you can't please everyone, and someone will always be pissed off at you(be it because price drops when they want to sell.. or price increases when they want to buy) ..
Rule #2 (de facto): GPU devs should be paid with worthless non hyped test coin  Grin  
(for info most gpu dev accept btc and a wide range of other currencies... you don't need to create a worthless test coin to pay us... Grin)

now I have to hope that BobSurplus hipes your coin  Grin

djm34 facebook page
earlz (OP)

mmmmmm

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2015, 04:53:08 PM

Rule #2 (de facto): GPU devs should be paid with worthless non hyped test coin  Grin  
(for info most gpu dev accept btc and a wide range of other currencies... you don't need to create your own coin Grin)

Yea I'm aware it sucks. But I really don't have a lot of money to pour into this. For my real coin I could probably do an ICO even, but I want to avoid that, since I can do all the dev work in my free time anyway. I can also donate 10,000 BOB, if that helps Wink

Cryptophile

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 06:24:27 PM

This statement alone says more than enough about you... 
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2015, 06:28:49 PM
Last edit: February 10, 2015, 06:47:30 PM by djm34

This statement alone says more than enough about you...  
Grin (I guess sarcasm are wasted on you... )
Well being more of a coin seller than a coin buyer...

djm34 facebook page
kitaco

Activity: 249

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 08:28:58 PM

Dude get your head out of your ass and stop insulting others because your services get criticized for being outright dogshit right out of the gate. earlz is one of the most trusted guys in this industry.

@cryptokiely // Donate! - BTC: 1kie1ykRUjxpMH5fAqLWigdtbLCyrMK9k // VRC: VEriKiEfZ9CwVs6GVGLbuBdEJxR2F7CJLq
Grim

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 08:40:32 PM

Fair mining can only happen if the fastest kernels for the available technologies are shared from block number 1.

What I don't get is why coin devs don't work together with the mining kernel devs and make just that happen ...
And yes a 0.5 to 1 % premine would definatley justify that. The alternative is centralized huge mining farms with optimized kernels, your choice ...

Besides that I would chose multi algo support like myriad does ...

you need one cpu algo (15% chance to mint a block)

and you need one gpu algo which is very memory intensive so that low core high memory devices can be profitable as well (see high n factor coins) (50% chance to mint a block)

or split it up in 2 gpu algos one high memory algo and one standard algo (25% chance each)

hdd algo (burst) (20 % chance to mint a block)

and an asic algo (15 % chance to mint a block)

% numbers are a subject to discuss of course  ...

cpu/gpu algos need to be adjusted if workarounds are developed to gpu/asic mine them.
(there is no way around a hard fork every once in a while)

earlz (OP)

mmmmmm

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2015, 09:01:35 PM

Fair mining can only happen if the fastest kernels for the available technologies are shared from block number 1.

What I don't get is why coin devs don't work together with the mining kernel devs and make just that happen ...
And yes a 0.5 to 1 % premine would definatley justify that. The alternative is centralized huge mining farms with optimized kernels, your choice ...

Besides that I would chose multi algo support like myriad does ...

you need one cpu algo (15% chance to mint a block)

and you need one gpu algo which is very memory intensive so that low core high memory devices can be profitable as well (see high n factor coins) (50% chance to mint a block)

or split it up in 2 gpu algos one high memory algo and one standard algo (25% chance each)

hdd algo (burst) (20 % chance to mint a block)

and an asic algo (15 % chance to mint a block)

% numbers are a subject to discuss of course  ...

cpu/gpu algos need to be adjusted if workarounds are developed to gpu/asic mine them.
(there is no way around a hard fork every once in a while)

Eh, this is just a coin to test my codebase. The end goal for the real coin is 3 different mining mechanisms which should alleviate these concerns some.

WigitGetIt
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2015, 01:20:04 AM

Forum in beta http://forum.supcoin.com/ Please test make sure things are working.   Grin
hascoin

Activity: 178

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 06:18:31 AM

is this coin traded on ANY exchange?

Learnning blockchain  !
Cryptophile

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 06:20:38 AM

is this coin traded on ANY exchange?

What coin?  It's not even released, so, NO.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 56 »
  Print  

Jump to: