Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 07:38:20 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [SUP] Supcoin, PLUCK algorithm, Just Launched, Mine Now!  (Read 62191 times)
earlz (OP)

Activity: 439
Merit: 250

mmmmmm

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 01:09:39 AM

I am totally watching this, although I am disappointed that the dev wants a GPU miner out asap. I would've liked it to be cpu only. Oh well...

But I am still watching. Smiley

People will make GPU miners whether I give out rewards or not Wink

Anyway, the algorithm is finally I think complete with all bug fixes. The github code has changed (the Windows build published earlier is now invalid) to reflect this and the test network was restarted.

Various properties fixed included:

1. Final sha256 collapsing loop had an off-by-one error that caused it to actually do nothing
2. Mixing is now done using 32 bit instead of 8 bit. This should allow for better mixing and with less shortcuts being possible
3. Because the final collapsing loop didn't actually do anything, it didn't carry over the unmodified sha256 hash from the very end of the hash, meaning PLUCK wasn't carrying over sha256's cryptographic properties theoretically (this also could allow for a number of other theoretical attacks)

Because of these problems, there's of course been some delays. I need to port the CPU miner forward now, and then actually start on all the other stuff. When I get these two things done and confirm testing is good, I'll put out a release date

Check out my full list of Coin Reviews
Currently working on the Qtum Project
My Skype account earlzdotnet has been compromised. Please report to me any usage seen from it, or from the email earlz@earlz.biz.tm
LTCMAXMYR

Activity: 609
Merit: 500

DMD,XZC

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 01:19:31 AM

With the help of Wolf` and djm34, some problems with PLUCK have been found that break it's cryptographic security (ie, always including a plain sha256 hash), as well as some non-obvious performance optimizations that are not intended.

So, the hashing algorithm has changed some. I think in it's current state on github it should be good, but I'm still working to verify this.  
where is the new algorithm code?
i'd like to check again.

Never buy any ICO altcoin.
Never buy any ASIC altcoin.
earlz (OP)

mmmmmm

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 01:36:26 AM

With the help of Wolf` and djm34, some problems with PLUCK have been found that break it's cryptographic security (ie, always including a plain sha256 hash), as well as some non-obvious performance optimizations that are not intended.

So, the hashing algorithm has changed some. I think in it's current state on github it should be good, but I'm still working to verify this.  
i'd like to check again.

https://github.com/supcoin/supcoin-TEST-ONLY/blob/master/src/primitives/block.cpp

My Skype account earlzdotnet has been compromised. Please report to me any usage seen from it, or from the email earlz@earlz.biz.tm
LTCMAXMYR

DMD,XZC

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 03:06:03 AM

i'd like to check again.

https://github.com/supcoin/supcoin-TEST-ONLY/blob/master/src/primitives/block.cpp
good work.i think this algorithm have no disadvantage.
this algorithm is preferred for CPU mining.how fast is the GPU miner?

e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 05:42:46 AM

Forum in beta http://forum.supcoin.com/ Please test make sure things are working.   Grin
It's down. Sad

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ',', expecting ')' in /home/myneti5/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 1331

You should add a better theme to it. Right now it looks too plain.

P.S. I registered Supcoin! Mwahahaha! (before it went down, obviously)
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 05:44:43 AM

i'd like to check again.

There is none yet.
Are you working on one? / Will you claim the bounty?

It feels like you are following me (or maybe i'm following you) everywhere but I guess we're both going to coins with different algos. Smiley
LTCMAXMYR

DMD,XZC

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 05:45:14 AM

i'd like to check again.

There is none yet.
do you wanna build it?
i checked the code,
there are many Modulo calculations, CPUs have division instruction set,will  get better performance.
and many random access to fragment memory,large L2 or L3 cache and low latency memory will take advantage

coinfusion

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 05:49:48 AM

I liked your last release, this one should be fun too -- but I need a node to connect to first, the only seed seems to be down!
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 05:52:48 AM

I noticed the title still has "logo contest" in it.

I thought that ended. It did, right?
WigitGetIt
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 06:41:34 AM

Forum in beta http://forum.supcoin.com/ Please test make sure things are working.   Grin
It's down. Sad

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ',', expecting ')' in /home/myneti5/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 1331

One of the modules screwed up the forum.  So I have to reload.  I am setting it up on another site.  Should be up again soon.  I will also test a couple of themes.   Grin
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 09:15:26 AM

It's down. Sad

One of the modules screwed up the forum.  So I have to reload.  I am setting it up on another site.  Should be up again soon.  I will also test a couple of themes.   Grin
Aww what! That's unfair! Someone stole The user Supcoin from me.

Can I please be a mod btw?
Sarahiko

Activity: 772

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 10:28:59 AM
Last edit: February 15, 2015, 10:49:51 AM by Sarahiko

congrats to the logo winner the logo suits the coin, will be watching closely.

Edit: But I think the logo was taken from this website correct me if i`m wrong mr. logocreator

http://ro.sluuk.com/
logocreator
Legendary

Activity: 1134

www.cryptodesign.cc

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 04:30:50 PM

congrats to the logo winner the logo suits the coin, will be watching closely.

Edit: But I think the logo was taken from this website correct me if i`m wrong mr. logocreator

http://ro.sluuk.com/

Hi, thanks for point that out.
I am selling logos, this logo that i provided was for sell on my website: http://www.logocreator.us/index.php/gallery/gallery-6
Some of logos that are on my website are already sold, some of them are not.
This logo was not being sold for a long time, so i decided to to enter the contest with that.
However i have a screenshot:

Maybe website ro.sluuk.com need to prove their logo origin.
If there is some problem or misundestanding, i will rework logo to whatever you like.

djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 05:14:23 PM

can't connect to the test wallet, is there a node to add ?

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
earlz (OP)

mmmmmm

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 10:36:13 PM

can't connect to the test wallet, is there a node to add ?

I've updated the win32 test wallet at http://earlz.net/static/supcoin-TEST-win32.zip This updated wallet includes the new algorithm changes. Note, if you already downloaded the wallet and synced it before, you'll need to clear the .supcoin folder

NOTE: it is FOR TESTING ONLY. Any coins mined on it will not ever be valuable and it is only for algorithm testing.

Sarahiko

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 04:01:52 AM

Mr. LogoCreator Then you should Sue Ro.sluuk.com its clearly a copyright violation if the logo are not sold to them. but no need to show those screenshot. grats anyway. ahahahahah
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2015, 06:43:58 AM

Mr. LogoCreator Then you should Sue Ro.sluuk.com its clearly a copyright violation if the logo are not sold to them. but no need to show those screenshot. grats anyway. ahahahahah
Mayby he sold his logo to them. He said no one had bought it for a long time, so clearly someone did buy it.
minerpools

Activity: 574

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2015, 07:01:15 AM

Have you even looked at that website?

1. There's no actual text, it's just a template with the template text (all that latin weird stuff).
2. They probably just took a logo they liked from logocreator's site.

All i'm saying is logocreator has been around and his work is pretty good, so do your homework and at least read the site before you go fudding on someone else's work.

Sarahiko

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 07:50:26 AM

Read my post first  i was saying to Mr. logocreator to take action if the logo is taken out of his consent or if the logo is not sold to ro.sluuk.com. then he should sue them for copyright. or maybe the logo is sold  and the website is in development so the txt you have read is just one of those lorem ipsum thing, i have read and join logo competition with logocreator i must say his a good designer but i have seen some which is complete rip out of google images.

Sorry for mr.earlz i made a mess on your thread this won`t happen again. 
cisahasa
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 02:48:50 PM
Last edit: February 16, 2015, 03:36:05 PM by cisahasa

have no idea why errors..?? (windows)

gcc -std=gnu99  -O3   -o minerd.exe minerd-cpu-miner.o minerd-util.o minerd-sha2
.o minerd-scrypt.o minerd-pluck.o minerd-sha2-x86.o minerd-scrypt-x86.o   -lcurl
dll -ljansson -lpthread -lws2_32
minerd-pluck.o:pluck.c:(.text+0x2022): undefined reference to `htobe32'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [minerd.exe] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/q/plu'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/q/plu'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  

Jump to: