Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 08:43:04 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GRE] GreenCoin - A Blockchain-Based Social Carbon Ecosystem  (Read 80399 times)
Emperor-

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 12:47:23 AM
Last edit: October 08, 2016, 08:05:57 PM by Emperor-

Greencoin website is down and email to Chris comes back undeliverable!
Cranky4u

Activity: 810
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2016, 01:30:53 AM

Maybe

allcoinminer

Activity: 784
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 06:43:15 AM

Website back online.
biodieselchris (OP)

Activity: 579
Merit: 500

CoinQuacker

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2016, 02:50:41 PM
Last edit: October 10, 2016, 09:10:37 PM by biodieselchris

The website went down - it was due to the web server not communicating with the DB server. The payouts for 10/7 and 10/8 were not calculated because of this. Producer's: please put in a reading for 10/9 (between now and 4:00 AM UTC on 10/10) and I'll take these and average the production for 3 days, and pay the coins for 3 days all together. UPDATE: THIS HAS NOW BEEN COMPLETED

Coin updates - Ahmed's indicated he may not have the complete skills, and definitely not the time available, to move the coin forward. He suggested another dev so I am taking a look at getting this started. The coin is "OK" for now - if we expand I would still be wary of the previous issues but it seems to be working for the current purposes.

Digithusiast - those coins we're paid out to producers. It had built up for awhile and I paid it all in one big lump in arrears. FOUNDATION COINS PAY PRODUCERS VIA RENEWABLE PRODUCTION PAYOUTS ONLY. This has always been the case, and always will be.

Web updates - the most immediate update on the table is with the web. First is the front end, and then a back-end move over to AWS. This will allow the web dev and myself to begin to add new functionality and such.

biodieselchris (OP)

CoinQuacker

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2016, 02:51:55 PM

this thread is not moderated, no comments are ever deleted. not sure what this means - maybe you deleted your own?

biodieselchris (OP)

CoinQuacker

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2016, 02:53:13 PM

where did you send the email? If it was sent to contact@grcoin.com, this goes through google so the website being down probably shouldn't have affected it. greencoinproducer@gmail.com can also be used.

biodieselchris (OP)

CoinQuacker

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2016, 09:13:37 PM
Last edit: October 11, 2016, 12:49:50 AM by biodieselchris

It might be worth telling Yobit that the blockchain has been working acceptably and all they need to do is simply re-sync and they'll be on the correct chain. There might be additional issues going forward, like before, but there might not be. When we get the new coin tech out we'll probably expand to other exchanges at that point as well.

Emperor-

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 08:28:58 PM

Chris, I'm still having wallet issues. If i let it do a fresh sync with a new wallet.dat it matches the block count on https://chainz.cryptoid.info/gre/#!network. At which point I can close the wallet restore my old wallet.dat and then -rescan. This works untill the next time I shut down then my wallet never matches the block count. I wondering if my wallet doesn't have something to do with the forking problem we have been having. I have acquired quite a lot GRE and you seem to always say it's working when my wallet is shut down. When I'm running it you seem to report a problem. It could just be coincidence but I figure if I can fix my problem it may fix our problems. Let me know what I can do. If need be I can create a new wallet and "import" the old balance, if it's possible and you can walk me though it. Let me know.
Cranky4u

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2016, 10:40:34 PM

Chris, I'm still having wallet issues. If i let it do a fresh sync with a new wallet.dat it matches the block count on https://chainz.cryptoid.info/gre/#!network. At which point I can close the wallet restore my old wallet.dat and then -rescan. This works untill the next time I shut down then my wallet never matches the block count. I wondering if my wallet doesn't have something to do with the forking problem we have been having. I have acquired quite a lot GRE and you seem to always say it's working when my wallet is shut down. When I'm running it you seem to report a problem. It could just be coincidence but I figure if I can fix my problem it may fix our problems. Let me know what I can do. If need be I can create a new wallet and "import" the old balance, if it's possible and you can walk me though it. Let me know.

Emperor & Chris,

Maybe Emperor could sink with the network, transfer all his GRE to a trusted wallet (Chris's?) then fresh install the new wallet (with new addys). Then finsih with updating the wallet and having Chris transfer the coins back to Emporer's new wallet.

Cranky

Emperor-

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 12:54:29 PM

I was thinking I could do something like the keydump thing we did when we moved from GRE1 to GRE2.  Then change the address for my payouts on the website. I just did a rebuild of the block index and a -rescan i'm now done syncing and at 192232, the website shows 195041. The website also is listing me in the node list, which if i understand correctly, since i'm not at 195041, makes me a fork.
biodieselchris (OP)

CoinQuacker

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2016, 03:00:56 PM

Emporer - I think taking a page from Cranky's idea, you could dump the private keys for all the addresses in your wallet and simply start a fresh wallet from scratch. If it syncs you can import the privkeys one at a time?

Lightsplasher

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 03:08:00 PM

I was thinking I could do something like the keydump thing we did when we moved from GRE1 to GRE2.  Then change the address for my payouts on the website. I just did a rebuild of the block index and a -rescan i'm now done syncing and at 192232, the website shows 195041. The website also is listing me in the node list, which if i understand correctly, since i'm not at 195041, makes me a fork.

I would try using ‘dumpprivkey’ and ‘importprivkey’ to import the coins from the old wallet to the new one if you need to.  To get on the right fork I would try using ‘getpeerinfo’ to see which peers are on the right fork.  Find one that has a ‘startingheight’ close to the block explorer website and sync to just that peer using the “connect=[ip address]” command in the config file.  Once you are on the right chain I would remove the ‘connect’ command from the config file because minting blocks while only connected to one node can cause issues for the network.  You may be able to get on the right chain just by wiping out the block files and rebuilding again without doing anything different but I’m not sure.  I hope you get it running. 

It would be nice to have a image saved of the blockchain on cryptochainer.com so we can avoid this issue and more easily all get on the same chain.
Emperor-

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 12:44:16 PM

Thanks for your help guys. Chris's suggestion seems to have worked. Finally staking again and at the correct block count.
Cranky4u

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2016, 10:38:59 PM

Any news on the wallet repairs?

I have not been able to correctly stake for several months now...yes, I have tried every trick discussed on this forum and then some.

Typically, I can connect to 1~4 nodes for about 5 min then they boot down to 1 node whom just wont give up the blocks.

After each episode of totally having the shits, I rip out the peers + block data + etc out of %appdata% before trying thr process again. Blocks will rapidly load and sort up to the 100k~120k point then it all turns to shit. I have left the wallet open several times for 14~24 hours without success. First stage gets there in about 30~45 min...

Thoughts...Burn it all or hang in there?

Emperor-

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 06:36:20 PM

Cranky4U,  that is exactly what was happening to me. The solution was to dump the private keys and build a new wallet.dat. It's detailed in the last 4 posts above yours.
Cranky4u

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2016, 09:23:56 PM

Cranky4U,  that is exactly what was happening to me. The solution was to dump the private keys and build a new wallet.dat. It's detailed in the last 4 posts above yours.

Done that twice already. First time when the new wallet first came out then also about 2 months ago   Angry will do it again in a few days just to see if a miracle will occur.

Emperor-

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 12:24:33 PM

The staking is still not 100% consistent it does seem to stall occasionally but the number of peers stays high (6-10), since I did that, and most importantly my block count is finally correct.
cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1017

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2016, 06:27:14 PM

The Yobit Exchange wallets are still not working and I still have GreenCoin floating around somewhere out there. Is there any other place to purchase some GreenCoin and send them to our personal wallets?
Cranky4u

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2016, 06:42:14 AM

The Yobit Exchange wallets are still not working and I still have GreenCoin floating around somewhere out there. Is there any other place to purchase some GreenCoin and send them to our personal wallets?

My wallet is now sync'd...I can sell you some GRE...pm me and we can discuss price BTC/GRE or another coin?

cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1017

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2016, 07:02:21 AM

My wallet is now sync'd...I can sell you some GRE...pm me and we can discuss price BTC/GRE or another coin?

I wasn't looking to make an investment.  I was just trying to figure out if my wallet was working alright.  It seems to be synchronized but the coins I sent from Yobit several months ago have not yet arrived.  I am in the process of purchasing an off grid property in an area that receives optimal solar, hydro, and wind energy and as a hobby, I'm looking at starting a project devoted to cryptocurrency which is completely powered by renewable resources....this project seems to be specialized toward that goal.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: